Sign in to follow this  
BobbyD

Jamie Foxx

Actor Jamie Foxx leads BET Award nomineesOscar-winning actor Jamie Foxx picked up five nominations at the BET Awards, which honor the leading black players in music, film/TV and sport, organizers said on Tuesday.The "Ray" star, who was honored mostly for his musical achievements, led a list that included four nominations each for hip-hop stars Busta Rhymes and Missy Elliott, and R&B singer Mary J. Blige. Winners will be unveiled on June 27 during a ceremony at the Shrine Auditorium in downtown Los Angeles. It will be broadcast on the BET cable channel.Performers will include Blige, Mariah Carey, rapper T.I., and Kanye West. Chaka Khan and Harry Belafonte will receive tributes. Damon Wayans will host.Foxx received two nominations in the best duet/collaboration category, and was also cited for male R&B artist, actor and video of the year.Rhymes will vie for best male hip-hop artist, duet/collaboration (with Elliott and Blige), video of the year (with Elliott and Blige), and the viewer's choice award." In addition to their duet/collaboration and video nods with Rhymes, Elliott and Blige each received individual mentions in the video category. Additionally, Elliott was cited for female hip-hop artist, and Blige for female R&B artist.Other multiple nominees included West, Ne-Yo and Chris Brown with three each; and Anthony Hamilton, Chris "Ludacris" Bridges, Ciara, Keyshia Cole, Lloyd Banks, Carey, Mary Mary, Papoose, Rah Digga, Slim Thug and T.I. with two each.Reuters/VNU

From Ted's Awful Truth:

But I am sorry to report, Mr. F.'s on fags again. Cigs, that is. Doesn't he know that crap'll kill 'em faster than bitchy costars?

I got the impression he was talking about Colin Ferrell (and not Jamie Foxx) smoking again.... oops

From Ted's Awful Truth:

But I am sorry to report, Mr. F.'s on fags again. Cigs, that is. Doesn't he know that crap'll kill 'em faster than bitchy costars?

I got the impression he was talking about Colin Ferrell (and not Jamie Foxx) smoking again.... oops

I think you're right. My mistake!

FOXX HUNTINGJuly 25, 2006 -- CARMEN Electra seemed to be enjoying her newly single status with Jamie Foxx the other night. The duo arrived together at Hollywood hot spot Element to catch a "surprise" performance by Gnarls Barkley. "Jamie's arm was around Carmen more than once and whispers were exchanged several times," tattles our spy. "No one saw them kissing, but they left together out the back. It seemed like they were out on a date." Electra, who was not wearing her wedding ring, announced her separation from hubby Dave Navarro last week.

My friend who worked on the set of Dream Girls, loved working with him. He is a really really nice guy.

Good to know..Cuz I have heard from many people that this fool is really showing out. He was arrogant before, now he letting everyone knows he's got an Oscar. That was one of the reason's LL had to kick his ass while filming Any Given Sunday. :D

Fleeing the SceneHow Jamie Foxx forced the macho Mann to change the ending of Miami Vice.By Kim MastersFoxx and Farrell in Miami ViceIf it weren't for the talent of Michael Mann, a movie version of Miami Vice would almost certainly be as awful as it sounds. And even with the talent of Mann, Universal is fighting negative early buzz about the film. What's clear is that the movie is dark, R-rated, and hardly a nostalgia-fest for fans of the television show.If Miami Vice doesn't work—artistically, at least—that would be a shame for those who toiled to get it made. If there were an Academy Award for on-set trauma, this movie could be a lock. Mann, a perfectionist, is known as one of the most difficult directors in the business. And on this film, according to a number of those who were present, he lived down to his reputation, berating crew members (and even the talent) and creating a sense of chaos as he went through his "process." The movie wound up going over schedule and dramatically over budget, with the final tally rumored to be more than $150 million. The studio says the number is actually $135 million.Mann is gifted enough that actors entrust themselves to him. Clearly Jamie Foxx did, returning to work with Mann after making Collateral and getting a supporting-actor nomination out of it. But on Miami Vice things went so wrong that Foxx ended up leaving in the middle of production, after a shooting (and we don't mean the kind with a camera) took place during filming in the Dominican Republic. Foxx refused to return for any more work outside the United States, meaning that Mann had to rewrite the ending, eliminating a version that was to have been shot in Paraguay."The whole of making this movie was filled with adversity," Mann says. But he adds that whatever the crew might have endured, it was all in the service of making a great film. "Sometimes folks are going to join this unit and they may have a tough time," he says. "Guess what? They're on the wrong movie."Sources on the set say things got off to a rough start with Foxx. For one thing, after signing for the film, Foxx won the Oscar for his performance in Ray. He was a bigger star than before, and according to members of the production team, he showed up with an entourage and something of an attitude. Foxx balked at flying commercial to Miami (Universal finally gave him the jet). And there was an early problem because Foxx was getting paid less than Farrell even though he was now an Academy Award winner. Foxx got a big raise while Farrell took a bit of a cut.Despite that and his hard-partying reputation, Farrell was very well-behaved, according to crew members. "Yes, Colin comes to play around, but he always showed up on time and prepared," one says. "Jamie is more of a diva in the sense that he was afraid of boats, afraid of planes—there were a lot of things where he was afraid for himself. Colin will do anything."Mann is a macho guy, so perhaps it's not surprising that sparks flew between him and the balky Foxx. Mann won't comment on the situation with Foxx other than to talk about his admiration of the actor's talent. "I'm not going to dish dirt about Jamie," he says. "He has a unique process of acting, and most people don't understand it. He and I are real close. … That allows us to disagree about stuff."Certainly, clashing with Mann was not for Foxx alone. "Michael dressed down everybody and humiliated everybody," says a crew member. "He's an equal-opportunity guy."Mann has his defenders. Maria Chavez, a location manager who's worked with Mann all the way back to the days of the Miami Vice television show, says her boss was "very intense" but not unfair. "It's about stretching when you work with him," she says. "His expectations might be high because he's so creative. It's just a standard he sets."Crew members say the situation was complicated in part because Mann went through dozens of script changes. "It was being written essentially by Michael on the fly," a crew member says. He changed his mind constantly about locations (and, to the bitter end, was toying with multiple edits). "He was almost like a kid in a candy shop," this individual says. "That kind of indecision becomes a systemic thing. It's hard, at the last minute, to make deals with vendors, rent a plane, to close down a freeway."But Mann is unapologetic. "You try to get the best out of a scene," he says. "You try to get the best experience for an audience. And you don't settle. It's really tempting to settle. And it's really embarrassing to not settle."Universal Chairman Marc Shmuger only assumed his job in time to work with Mann on postproduction. But he says he's become an enthusiastic backer of the director's methods. Rather than finding Mann indecisive, Shmuger says, "I actually marvel at his ability to keep all of his creative options open. He's fearless. He is willing to try everything. That's a process that does involve wear and tear on everybody."Mann poured his many instructions into a small recorder. "The next day, you get that all typed out verbatim, even the uhs and ahhs," says a crew member. The instructions were sometimes unclear, sometimes contradictory, and sometimes inaccurate. But if there was an error, few dared to speak up. "No one says, 'Punta del Este is not in the Dominican Republic. Didn't you mean Uruguay?' " he says.Maria Chavez says she found those transcripts helpful, though she can see where some might find them overwhelming. "He might say, 'I like it blue. No, I like it yellow,' " she says. "You have to really focus on [the transcription]. … For me, it was a very important reference." If not many dared to challenge Mann, Chavez says, it's because people are scared. But she says Mann is open to discussion. Competence is the key. "You're not going to bullshit Michael Mann," she says.Another crew member agrees that it is possible to win an argument. "If you go at him and you know you're right, he'll accept it," he says. "If he detects the slightest weakness and lack of clarity, you're dead. … You just have to submit to the fact that he's king of everything. Everyone was pushed to the edge of whatever their emotional makeup is. … It unhinged my boss."Again, Mann is unrepentant. "The degree of difficulty was tough," he says. "It's hard on everybody. … Everybody has their moments and they get cranky."Throughout the arduous shoot, Mann says, safety was of paramount concern to him. But some on the crew say they thought the director took scary risks. For example, the production was filming during hurricane season in Miami, and some crew members thought work continued even when conditions were unsafe. During one squall associated with Tropical Storm Dennis, Farrell and Foxx drove along the street in a Ferrari with the convertible top down. As they made their way along the block, the windows were blown out of a tall building and glass rained down, damaging the car and just missing the stars. "The wind was blowing so hard we could hardly get our gear back on the truck," a crew member says."You bet it was dangerous," says Mann, who was some distance away when the incident occurred. "As soon as we heard there were winds that high, we immediately wrapped."Then there were the issues that arose while shooting was under way in the Dominican Republic. There was a private security force comprised of individuals from a variety of countries. Its members were armed and aggressive but, for a time, worked in plainclothes so they were not that easy to identify. Their presence made the situation seem extremely volatile to several crew members. Sources also say Mann shot in a square in Santo Domingo that even the police avoid, drafting gang members to work as security.Mann says security was planned with great care, though perhaps not everyone on the crew knew that. "They don't have the big picture or they'd be making the movie," he says. "We had meetings and communicated what we were doing. [but] it's really tough for the average person on that crew to understand all the things we have in place." The irony, in Mann's view, was that when the production moved to a relatively upscale area, a local man—a police officer—approached the set, got into a quarrel with a guard (one supplied by the Dominican military), and allegedly pulled a gun. The man was shot and wounded. "It was very scary," Mann acknowledges. "What if this guy has six brothers? What if they blamed us? … All these questions rush into your head." He says care was taken to ensure that the cast and crew could leave the set safely that day.But immediately after that incident, Foxx and his entourage packed up and left for good. "Jamie basically changed the whole movie in one stroke," a crew member says—and not, in his opinion, for the better. The ending that was supposed to be shot in Paraguay would have been "much more dramatic."Asked about Foxx's departure, Mann doesn't speak for a moment and then says, "You hear the sound of silence."Even before going to the Dominican Republic, Mann had written an ending set in Miami but then decided to go to Paraguay, then to remain in Miami, and then again to film in Paraguay. Now he went back to the Miami ending. "It was like turning an oil tanker around on a dime," he says. "But the Miami ending worked out to be the better ending. It brought all the conflicting characters together in one arena."A few days before cast and crew were to start filming the final conflict, Hurricane Wilma struck Miami, heavily damaging the production office. At that point, Mann says, the power was out and "the city was dark." A high-level studio insider says this is where Mann's personality actually paid off: "Were it not for his insanity, his dedication, his knowledge as a producer, we would have been shut down," this executive says. "Michael was able to regroup in a week and restage the entire finale. … Any other director would just have to sit and figure it out. But for Michael's indomitable bullheadedness, it would have been much worse."While the executive concedes that Mann's methods cost the studio time and money, Universal held on to the hope that the film, once put together, would be good enough to make the investment worthwhile. Mann's track record in terms of box office isn't that strong, but studio Chairman Shmuger says it's not all about lines at movie houses."The key on looking at the profitability of Michael's movies is that they've got a very long tail, well after the theatrical run," Shmuger maintains. "Everybody's seen Heat. Everybody's seen Last of the Mohicans. … [The films] do fantastically well in video, on all television outlets, overseas."Universal knew going in that making an R-rated Miami Vice would chip away at the potential grosses, he adds. But the studio was committed to Mann's vision, "an extremely dark journey into the world of undercover." As a testament to the studio's belief in Mann, Shmuger says, Universal is making another film with the director called The Kingdom, about an FBI investigation of a bombing in Saudi Arabia. This time Mann is producing, not directing. The star is Jamie Foxx.

Jamie Foxx weighed in on KKKramer's racism last night at the AMA's.

Enraged Jamie Foxx has threatened to physically harm former Seinfeld star Michael Richards if the pair ever meet after the comedian stunned America with a racist rant during a recent stand-up show. He says, "When I see him, it's on. I'm not going to let him get away with it." "If I'd have been in the audience he would've had to put his dukes up. He probably should go get a private island somewhere, cause if I see him..."

Jamie Foxx has angered Oprah Winfrey by taking a swipe at her close relationship with best friend Gayle King. Foxx made a reference about the ridiculous rumor regarding a lesbian relationship between the two women which they strongly deny.

Foxx is now having second thoughts about the quip and insists it was done without malice and he hopes TV network "Bravo," will cut the joke from its broadcast

panachereport

Singer/actor Jamie Foxx only had one birthday wish-to go on a date with Janet Jackson. When asked about his ideal gift he says, "I think Janet Jackson would be good! But you know, not a date that's unsupervised, somebody needs to be there to kind of watch over the whole thing. "I know she has a boyfriend, Jermaine Dupri and everything. It would be nice to have a supervised date with Janet Jackson. "Nothing crazy or anything. I don't know if you've ever heard her album but I just want her to whisper to me like she does on the album. "She's the only person I know who can whisper an album. That's all I want."

In Related News: Jamie Foxx is turning his success into a family business-his sister Dierdra Dixon is a master wig mistress who found and designed the hairpieces for movies like "Ray" and "Dreamgirls."

patty jackson

Fantasia is back with a new, self-titled album, and she’s excited about going on the road. She is scheduled to go on tour with Jamie Foxx. Jamie feels like he owes Fantasia. He tried to get her a role in the Dreamgirls movie, but when she went public with her reading problems, she lost out on the role.

Jamie Foxx is a big fan of Fantasia’s, so he’s letting her go on tour with him. She was very disappointed when she didn’t get the movie role despite the help of two Oscar winners, Jamie Foxx and Denzel Washington.

Fantasia says she’s glad for her fellow Idol Contestant Jennifer Hudson.

Foxx's Tail Yanked by Irked DJ

Posted Dec 18th 2006 6:09PM by TMZ Staff

Jamie Foxx and Samantha RonsonOne of Hollywood's hottest DJs is not a Jamie Foxx fan.

DJ Samantha Ronson was in Vegas working a People Magazine party on Thursday to kick off all the Grammy mayhem. According to Ronson's MySpace page, Jamie Foxx "kinda mc'd the event ... which to be honest was really annoying -- he's funny for about 3 minutes -- then it's just self-indulgent look at me s**t." Sounds like Samantha would've liked to make him disappear.

Sam has DJed before at parties where Foxx showed up, and claims that he pulls the same number every time; he has his people request songs that only he likes, then for attention, gets up and sings the "Golddigger" chorus when it plays. She did mention one highlight of the night ... "he was reading index cards to present the different performers and when the 'five for fighting' guy was coming onstage he was supposed to say "phenomenal," which he actually pronounced as PUHEEEENOMENAL! wow!!"

Sounds like the beginnings of a good ol' celebrity feud!

Foxx's Tail Yanked by Irked DJ

Posted Dec 18th 2006 6:09PM by TMZ Staff

Jamie Foxx and Samantha RonsonOne of Hollywood's hottest DJs is not a Jamie Foxx fan.

DJ Samantha Ronson was in Vegas working a People Magazine party on Thursday to kick off all the Grammy mayhem. According to Ronson's MySpace page, Jamie Foxx "kinda mc'd the event ... which to be honest was really annoying -- he's funny for about 3 minutes -- then it's just self-indulgent look at me s**t." Sounds like Samantha would've liked to make him disappear.

Sam has DJed before at parties where Foxx showed up, and claims that he pulls the same number every time; he has his people request songs that only he likes, then for attention, gets up and sings the "Golddigger" chorus when it plays. She did mention one highlight of the night ... "he was reading index cards to present the different performers and when the 'five for fighting' guy was coming onstage he was supposed to say "phenomenal," which he actually pronounced as PUHEEEENOMENAL! wow!!"

Sounds like the beginnings of a good ol' celebrity feud!

Not that I'm a fan of Jamie Foxx...but...Samantha Ronson you're not a celebrity. :rolleyes:

BUST A MOVE

Jamie Foxx does his best Michael Jackson impression during a visit to MTV's TRL on Wednesday. The Dreamgirls star broke it down to "Billie Jean" and led the delighted audience in a holiday-related cheer.

Posted Image

Pours It On Like A Foxx

JAMIE Foxx doesn't mess around when he plans his parties. For the after-bash follow ing his "Unpredictable" show at Marquee last night, the Oscar winner requested Bel vedere, plastic pour spouts and pre-made, hot-pink, sex-on-the-beach mix. Flack Lind say Zantop, who reps Belvedere, said: "Curious publicist that I am, I [asked] why the need for the pour spouts when he has a dedicated waitress? The answer - he loves to douse lovely ladies at his soirees with luxury vodka and sex-and-the-beach. Turns out, it's 'his thing.' "

Sex with Jamie Foxx is Fun

Category: SOFTPEDIA NEWS :: Entertainment :: Cinema

Filming love scenes for 'Miami Vice' was quite easy

By: Elena Gorgan, Entertainment News Editor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jamie Foxx, an Oscar-awarded actor, stand up comedian and Grammy-nominated singer pulled a few tricks out of his sleeve when it came to shooting sex scenes between him and his on-screen girlfriend, Naomi Harris, in the box-office smash 'Miami Vice'.

When director Michael Mann asked the two actors to lose their clothes, Foxx surprised everybody by the way he managed to pass over the awkwardness of the moment. 'He wrapped his genitalia in a sock and tied it in a bow to make me laugh. Then he walked around the room like there was nothing wrong, saying “What? What?”', Naomi says.

But, no matter how amused she was by the situation, Harris couldn't pull herself together to do all the scenes in their entirety. So, she had the director call in a body double for the more revealing shots but that didn't stop Jamie from having fun. He didn't want a body double for himself because, as he later admitted, he had too much fun both with Harris and her stand-in.

'When you're using a body double you can really go to it. The first time he [Mann] said action we were going at it. Then the covers came off. We're both nude. Then I heard “Cut, cut”. Michael Mann came over and said “S**t”. I said “What's wrong?”. He said “I don't know if I can shoot this”. I said “That's black love, man. That's how we do it. There's jungle drums playing.”', Jamie said about his 'performance' during the sex scenes.

But Harris seemed happy that her contribution was that limited, after all. Nonetheless, she admits that the scenes were the funniest ones in her life.

Jan. 25, 2007 4:10 p.m. PT

Jamie Foxx enters Oprah territory by launching The Foxxhole, a 24-hour comedy and lifestyle channel for African Americans on the Sirius Satellite Network. A vehicle for popular and up-and-coming comedians, the channel will also feature daily check-ins from Foxx himself. Now, to find his Gayle King...

Jan. 25, 2007 4:10 p.m. PT

Jamie Foxx enters Oprah territory by launching The Foxxhole, a 24-hour comedy and lifestyle channel for African Americans on the Sirius Satellite Network. A vehicle for popular and up-and-coming comedians, the channel will also feature daily check-ins from Foxx himself. Now, to find his Gayle King...

Heh cheeky, I like it. ;)

BUST A MOVE

Jamie Foxx does his best Michael Jackson impression during a visit to MTV's TRL on Wednesday. The Dreamgirls star broke it down to "Billie Jean" and led the delighted audience in a holiday-related cheer.

Posted Image

Is he resting his foot on that girl's leg? Ugh, get over yourself Jamie Foxx. I hope he looks at this site just so he can see that his subheading is: "Yeah, that sounds pretty gay." He's so self-indulgent and smarmy - he's quickly becoming more despised than Eddie Murphy, except he has an Oscar and plays with his trannies in the privacy of his own home.

I hate him. I kind of liked him when I saw him in Ray but then as soon as his Oscar campaign started (and to date hasn't ended), I grew to slowly despise him, much like Hilary Swank.

Not to mention his and Diddy's comments that the latter should have been the next James Bond. Hey, guess what geniuses: DIDDY ISN'T BRITISH. Not to mention walking around in a dog fur coat while drinking overpriced and tacky champagne while throwing a party for your quarter birthday makes you look more like a horse's ass than anyone suave and handsome.

Frankly, no one can really pull off Daniel Craig walking around in that skimpy speedo when he got out of the ocean. I think my shift my allegiance from Jake Gyllenhaal to him - but we all know that's no happening.

panachereport.com

Jamie Foxx is delighted he is blessed with musical talent, because it's a surefire way to a woman's heart. The singer/actor is renowned for his ladies man reputation, and the lothario owes it all to his singing voice. He says, "Oh yes! Woman love music. They want to take off their panties as soon as you start singing to them. "Growing up, if you could sing, woman loved it. I did that when I had no money in college. So for Valentines Day, you get your keyboard and go up there and play."

In Related News: Jamie Foxx has slammed reports he will play Harvey 'Two Face' Dent in the next “Batman,” movie. The Oscar winner insists he has never been approached about the villainous role alongside Christian’s Bale “Batman,” in Christopher Nolan's sequel “The Dark Night.” Foxx's publicist Alan Neirob says, "(There's) no truth to it whatsoever." Actor Aaron Eckhart is tipped to take the Harvey 'Two Face' Dent role.

Ugh, get over yourself Jamie Foxx. I hope he looks at this site just so he can see that his subheading is: "Yeah, that sounds pretty gay."

:wacko: LOL :wacko:

Edited by leaivory

Celebrity Stylist Sues Jamie Foxx

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A celebrity stylist has sued Jamie Foxx, claiming the actor failed to pay for work she did in dressing him for an awards show and press junkets for his film "Miami Vice."

In a lawsuit filed Wednesday in Superior Court, stylist Stacy Young accuses Foxx, Foxxhole Records and 25 unnamed defendants of breaking two oral agreements with her.

Foxx and others hired Young to work as his stylist in June 2006 for the Black Entertainment Television Awards, agreeing to pay her $2,850 a day, according to the lawsuit.

They failed to pay her in full for her work, the lawsuit claims.

Again, in July 2006, Foxx and other defendants hired Young to dress him for press junkets to promote his role in the undercover-cop film "Miami Vice," according to court papers.

They agreed to pay Young $3,000 a day, and failed to pay her in full for her work, the lawsuit claims. Foxx and others also failed to reimburse Young for costs incurred in connection with the job, including messenger fees.

Young "has worked as a celebrity stylist for the last 12 years ... with numerous high-profile individuals," according to the lawsuit. She is seeking undisclosed damages.

"I know nothing about the lawsuit," Foxx's publicist Alan Nierob said Friday.

Foxx won the best actor Oscar in 2005 for his portrayal of musician Ray Charles in "Ray."

© 2007 The Associated Press.

NYDN

Jamie hails Victoria

Soap actress Victoria Rowell has been getting young and restless with Jamie Foxx in Las Vegas. At a Belvedere vodka party at the Empire Ballroom, Foxx pulled his usual photo-op trick of pouring cocktail ingredients into the mouths of several young ladies. But he closed the night in a clinch with Rowell.

"They were on stage dancing like no one was watching," says a spy. "Anyone who was at or around Jamie's VIP table could see them making out. They left the club at the same time and got into separate cars, but who knows where the after-party was?"

Rowell has two children, one by jazz great Wynton Marsalis.

Jamie's Big Surprise

JAMIE Foxx's album may not have sold much, but he's still singing. The actor/crooner, in Las Vegas for the NBA All Star game, showed up at Body English at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Saturday night and gave an impromptu performance to the packed crowd. Ludacris was so impressed he grabbed the mike after Foxx and also gave a surprise performance. "It was in sane," a spy said. Across town, Jay-Z and LeBron James held their "First Annual Two Kings Dinner and Party" at Tao Las Vegas, which almost erupted into chaos as fans surged around celebs going in.

All AP News

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beyonce Nominated for 6 BET Awards

Beyonce earned a leading six nominations Wednesday for the 2007 BET Awards, including nominations for top female R&B artist, video for "Irreplaceable" and duets with Jay-Z on "Deja Vu" and "Upgrade U."

"Dreamgirls" Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson, R&B singer Ciara, hip-hop's Akon and the group Gnarls Barkley all had three nominations.

The Black Entertainment Television Awards in music, television, film and sports will be presented June 26. Mo'Nique is slated to host the show on cable's BET Network from the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. Performers include 50 Cent and T.I.

Diana Ross will be honored with BET's Lifetime Achievement Award and Don Cheadle will be given the Humanitarian Award for his efforts at ending genocide in Darfur.

The list of nominees include:

Male Hip Hop: Diddy, Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, Ludacris, T.I.

Collaboration: Akon featuring Snoop Dogg, "I Wanna Love You"; Beyonce featuring Jay-Z, "Deja Vu"; Beyonce featuring Jay-Z, "Upgrade U"; Diddy featuring Keyshia Cole, "Last Night"; Ludacris featuring Mary J. Blige, "Runaway Love."

Female R&B: Beyonce, Mary J. Blige, Ciara, Jennifer Hudson, Corinne Bailey Rae.

Male R&B: Akon, John Legend, Gerald Levert, Ne-Yo, Robin Thicke.

Group: Gnarls Barkley, Mary Mary, Outkast, Pretty Ricky, Three Six Mafia.

New Artist: Lupe Fiasco, Gnarls Barkley, Jennifer Hudson, MIMS, Corinne Bailey Rae.

Gospel Artist: Shirley Caesar, Kirk Franklin, Fred Hammond, Dave Hollister, Mary Mary.

Video of the Year: Akon featuring Snoop Dogg, "I Wanna Love You"; Beyonce, "Irreplaceable"; Beyonce & Shakira, "Beautiful Liar"; Ciara, "Like a Boy"; Gnarls Barkley, "Crazy."

Actress: Tichina Arnold, Angela Bassett, Jennifer Hudson, Kerry Washington, Chandra Wilson.

Actor: Idris Elba, Jamie Foxx, Eddie Murphy, Will Smith, Forest Whitaker.

Female Athlete: Swin Cash, Tamika Catchings, Gail Devers, Lisa Leslie, Serena Williams.

Male Athlete: Reggie Bush, LeBron James, Floyd Mayweather Jr., Dwyane Wade, Tiger Woods.

BET J Cool Like That award: Gerald Levert, Brian McKnight, Eric Roberson, Musiq Soulchild, Elisabeth Withers.

BET Choice award: Beyonce, "Irreplaceable"; Birdman & Lil Wayne, "Stuntin' Like My Daddy"; Bow Wow featuring Chris Brown, "Shortie Like Mine"; Ciara, "Because of You"; Robin Thicke, "Lost Without You"; UNK "Walk It Out."

___

On the Net:

http://www.bet.com/