princess

Jada Pinkett-Smith & Will Smith

Jada Pinkett Smith's Revealing Interview

For actor Will Smith, there's no bigger hero in his personal life than his wife, actress Jada Pinkett Smith. "I look at this woman every day," he explains. "And I’m always like, ‘Somebody needs to honor you, girl!’”

And that's exactly what happened Thursday when Essence magazine honored Jada at its First Annual Black Women in Hollywood Luncheon.

In an interview with TV's Extra, Jada opens up about the harsh difficulties in her early life that molded her into the strong woman she is today. “I watched my aunt and my mother go through addiction," the actress reveals. "And how they went in and out of rehab. It affected me a lot.”

Jada also says that, unlike some shaky Hollywood marriages, her husband of 10 years is the real deal. “Will doesn’t behave the way he does for me," she explains. "You have to do that because that the man you want to be. Will is that man."

And on the question of Jada's top beauty secret, it appears that Will has a hand in that too, as she responds, “Lots of sex!”

Scientology Gays And Their Beards Do Lunch

Posted Image

Here's Tom Cruise, Will Smith and their wives Katie Holmes and Jada Pinkett-Smith at the First Annual Essence Black Women In Hollywood Luncheon yesterday at the Beverly Hills Hotel. Draw your own conclusions. Jada looks hot. Katie looks happy but 40. And there is a lot of subtext going on between the men. Jada better put a stop to this. Katie can't, because the chip in her head won't let her. Jada needs to sock Will in the mouth and tell him to get those urges in check because he's supposed to be a manly man. You don't see her sleeping with her trainer Danielle, do you? And Danielle has some fine curves and makes a mean gazpacho.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

http://socialitelife.buzznet.com/

Posted Image

IN GOOD COMPANY

Will and Jada Pinkett Smith enjoy a little fine dining – alongside friends Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes – at the First Annual Essence Black Women in Hollywood Luncheon on Thursday. Pinkett Smith was honored at the bash, held at the Beverly Hills Hotel, for her work in Hollywood and in the African-American community..

PEOPLE.COM

Smith role wins military `academy' award

WEST POINT, N.Y. - Will Smith wasn't nominated for an Oscar this year, but his role in "I Am Legend" has earned a different "academy" award — from the cadets at the U.S. Military Academy.

Smith was named the first winner of the Cadet Choice Movie Award, which was designed to honor the fictional character that best personifies West Point leadership qualities on the silver screen.

Smith's character in the film, Army virologist Dr. Robert Neville, is the lone survivor of a zombie-making virus that devastates Manhattan.

Nominated for his "value-based leadership," Neville received 27 percent of the cadets' 2,200 online votes.

Runners-up included King Leonidas of "300," portrayed by Gerard Butler, and John McClane of "Live Free or Die Hard," portrayed by Bruce Willis.

Panachereport.com

Will Smith has won undisclosed damages in a London court over false claims he described Nazi leader Adolf Hitler as a "good person."

Judge David Eady said Friday that comments by Smith, originally published in the Scottish Daily newspaper, had been "wholly misrepresented" by the World Entertainment News Network (WENN).

The network published the headline "Smith: Hitler was a good person." Smith's lawyer Rachel Atkins told the London court that her client in fact believed Hitler to be a "vile and heinous" person.

"The allegation that he could think otherwise is deeply distressing… and has caused him acute embarrassment," she said.

The undisclosed compensation would be donated to charity and cover legal costs Ms. Atkins confirmed.

Will Smith as Barack Obama?

Will Smith has played his share of famous men in film, but is he ready to play a (possible) president of the United States?

Senator Barack Obama has singled the man in black out as his choice to portray him in a biopic on his life, if only because they share one conspicuous physical attribute.

"Will and I have talked about this because he has the ears!" he tells Entertainment Tonight.

Although you may never know it from the intense campaigns and debates, the presidential hopeful is quite the film buff, naming The Godfather Part 1 and Part 2 and Lawrence of Arabia as his favorite flicks.

"I love Jimmy Stewart, Spencer Tracy, Humphrey Bogart, Meryl Streep, Susan Sarandon and Angela Bassett," he says.

These days, the 46-year-old doesn't have much time for movie night or much else, lamenting the lack of writing and reading he has done since his campaign has commenced. The lifestyle is quite difficult on his health too, but he tries his best to keep it in check.

"I try to have three square meals. Sometimes when you're out in remote areas there's not much you can do," he says. "You go for a burger, that's safe. If you start getting fancy you could get into trouble. If you're in a place like Iowa or Wisconsin there's gonna be cheese on just about everything. If you start eating too much junk you'll never survive."

As for his family, wife Michelle and daughters Malia, 9, and Natasha, 6, they are the backbone of his support — even if some of it is the result of bribery.

"The deal breaker is getting [my daughters] a dog," he reveals. Their whole thing is after the campaign, win or lose, they will get a dog. Sometimes I worry they're rooting for me to lose so they can get their dog quicker."

Barack Obama A "Fresh Prince" Fan

Posted Image

Presidential hopeful Barack Obama says that if there was ever a movie made of his life, superstar and budding Scientology enthusiast Will Smith should portray him. He might has just lost my vote. Will gave out free Scientology personality test/cult snagging cards as a gift for the crew of his latest flick. I don't want any kind of Xenu near my White House thanks. Obama supposedly told "Entertainment Tonight" that he and Will have actually discussed the fact that they both have large protruding ears and this means Will's a shoe-in to play him in a movie. Oral sex handles bring people together. I am dead serious, I do not want Will bringing Tom Cruise over to the damn White House to discuss policy. Separation of L. Ron Hubbard and state!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Scientology Gays And Their Beards Do Lunch

OK that one caused a jaw drop and then I laughed my arse off!!

Obama scares me and the fact so many people are cheering for him scares me even more. He won't even salute the flag.... and this man wants to be commander and chief? ackkkkkkkkk :angry:

Lord help me but I'd even vote for Hilary over Osama oops I mean Obama. ;)

Will You Take Some Scientology With That Steak?

The Cruises and Smiths left their six kids at home and went out for a grown-ups dinner last night, in what appears to be Tom and Katie's continuing effort to woo Will and Jada into the flock of Scientology.

The supercouple supper club at Cut Steakhouse in L.A. would have been complete had the Beckhams joined the bankable leading men and their actress wives. Alas, David's in South Korea and Victoria is busy coaching Cruz through his break-dancing boot camp. Maybe next time!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Two Aliens Take Their Beards Out To Dinner

Posted Image

Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes, Will Smith and Jada Pinkett all met up for dinner at The Cut in Beverly Hills. Outside of the restaurant, Will and Jada gave a big show by kissing in front of all of the paps. Yes, we get it Will and Jada. You two are red-blooded, hetero lovers. Too bad Tommy Girl didn't see the kiss, because he probably would have attacked Jada by the hair for kissing up on his man.

And where the hell has Suri been lately?! Does a robot tune-up take that long? I have a feeling the next time we see her in a couple of months she's going to be a grown-up teenager like in the soap operas. One day the character is a little girl and a few months later she's a hot 16-year-old. Lucy Liu can play grown-up Suri since her show's going to be cancelled any minute now.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

http://www.dlisted.com/

TomKat and the Pinkett-Smiths Enjoy Some Dinner Together

Posted Image

TomKat recently had a night out with one of their favorite couples, the Scientology-friendly Jada Pinkett and Will Smith. The two couples met for dinner at the Cut restaurant in Los Angeles last night. Afterwards, photographers snapped photos of Jada and Will getting lovey-dovey in the car, exchanging smooches with each other. After ten years of marriage, the two are often seen displaying PDA on the red carpet and have no problem gushing about their affection for one another.

The Cruise couple, on the other hand, seem to be much more restrained these days, when it comes to public displays of affection. Long gone are the days of jumping on couches, fist-pumping, staged red-carpet kisses and exclamations of "I love this woman!" The two seem way more sedate these days and doesn't he just look like he's dragging her around these days like a piece of luggage? Very expensive luggage, mind you, but luggage nonetheless.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Will Smith Employs His Kids

Jaden Smith and Willow Smith will star in 'Amulet'

March 14, 2008

Willow and Jaden Smith are set to star in the Warner Brothers feature "Amulet," conveniently produced by their father Will.

According to Variety, "Amulet" is an adaptation of the Scholastic graphic novel from Kazu Kibuishi.

In "Amulet," a brother and sister move in with their great-grandfather after the death of their father. They have to use his magic amulet to rescue their mom from a beast that dwells underground.

"Amulet" was initially planned as a two-volume graphic novel, but Scholastic now plans to publish five books, with the second book hitting shelves later this year.

Will Smith and James Lassiter will produce through their Overbrook Entertainment shingle.

Nine-year-old Jaden Smith earned strong reviews for his work opposite his dad in "The Pursuit of Happyness." He'll never be seen in "The Day the Earth Stood Still."

Seven-year-old Willow worked with her father in the winter mega-hit "I am Legend." She'll appear in this summer's "Kit Kittredge: An American Girl Mystery."

Will Smith, Jada the new faces of Scientology?

The Scoop

Are Will Smith, Jada Pinkett Smith and Kimora Lee Simmons the new celebrity faces of Scientology? The case is certainly made in “Scientology Under Siege,” Radar magazine’s April cover story.

In the piece, the magazine said, “The Church has also set its sights on African Americans, opening up a center in Harlem in 2003 and making a strong play for Hollywood supercouple Will Smith and Jada Pinkett.”

Despite a fervent denial from Smith’s rep—“I can tell you with 100 percent certainty this is not true”—sources close to Smith earlier told this column that the actor definitely is becoming a member of the religion. “He’s been getting more and more involved (in Scientology),” said one source. “And it isn’t just him, it’s definitely Jada, too.”

“It’s not so much that anyone is upset that Will is becoming a Scientologist,” the source added after seeing a copy of the nine-page Radar piece. “It’s that as he becomes more involved, you’d think he’d sort of help fly the flag with Tom (Cruise), who seems to only get a bad rap for it, while Will does this and comes through just fine.”

As for Kimora Lee Simmons, the Radar piece makes the case for including her among the ranks of celebrity Scientologists. The magazine points to a 2006 gathering where Scientology leader David Miscavige “spoke glowingly of Kimora Lee Simmons’ efforts to distribute a personalized edition of Hubbard’s “The Way to Happiness,” featuring her image on the cover, to school kids in New Jersey.” Simmons’ rep said that the designer/model is not a Scientologist.

If you’re curious about the other celebs that take part in the religion, Radar covers that ground, too. Ones you’re probably aware of are Kirstie Alley, Lisa Marie Presley and Jenna Elfman.

Some you might not have known about include musician Beck, former “South Park” chef Isaac Hayes (Hayes reportedly quit the show after it spoofed the religion), Juliette Lewis, Giovanni Ribisi (whose sister happens to be married to Beck), FNC reporter Greta Van Susteren and the voice of Bart Simpson, Nancy Cartwright.

It's funny to think of little miss conservative midwestern Katie hanging out with these gay men and really butch lesbians like Jada Pinkett. I wonder if she's completely shocked by it all?!

Will Smith -- I Am (Not) Scientologist!

Posted Mar 18th 2008 8:43AM by TMZ Staff

Will Smith says just because he's a Friend of Tom doesn't mean he's a Scientologist ... not that there's anything wrong with that.

Smith tells Rush & Molloy, "You don't have to be Jewish to be a friend of Steven Spielberg. You don't have to be a Muslim to be a friend of Muhammad Ali. And you don't have to be a Scientologist to be a friend of Tom Cruise." So what is Smith, anyway? "I am a Christian. I am a student of all religions."

Will made the public pronouncement to refute allegations in a recent Radar magazine story that he and wife Jada Pinkett, along with Kimora Lee Simmons, have been recruited into the LRH fold. TMZ spotted W & J slicing steak at Cut last week with T & K, which only fed the rumors.

Will Smith: I'm No Scientologist

By Caris Davis

Just because you're friends with Tom Cruise, doesn't mean you're a Scientologist.

So says Will Smith, who's denying recent reports – including Radar magazine's April cover story – which claim he's been increasingly involved with the controversial religion.

"You don't have to be Jewish to be a friend of Steven Spielberg. You don't have to be a Muslim to be a friend of Muhammad Ali. And you don't have to be a Scientologist to be a friend of Tom Cruise," the actor told the New York Daily News Tuesday.

"I am a Christian," the 39-year-old added. "I am a student of all religions. And I respect all people and all paths."

Will Smith and Jada: Don't know much Scientology

NY DAILY NEWS

Will Smith, Jada Pinkett and Kimora Lee Simmons are loudly denying Radar magazine's claims that they've been recruited into — dun dun dun! — the Church of Scientology.

Smith, a good buddy of Scientology poster boy Tom Cruise, denies he is a church member. "You don't have to be Jewish to be a friend of Steven Spielberg. You don't have to be a Muslim to be a friend of Muhammad Ali. And you don't have to be a Scientologist to be a friend of Tom Cruise," Smith tells us. "I am a Christian. I am a student of all religions. And I respect all people and all paths."

Despite reports she distributed the Scientology book "The Way to Happiness" to N.Y. school kids, Simmons' reps also denied her involvement.

But while celebs are distancing themselves from the cultlike religion, Radar's blistering six-page expose of the church says leaders are more concerned by the dissension of its former members, namely the shadowy network of ex-Scientologists known as "Anonymous."

The group is credited with leaking the now-infamous recruiting tape of Cruise laughing maniacally (in an equally creepy turtleneck). The pranksters/hackers also managed to crash the church's Web site for three days and post confidential Scientololgy documents and lectures on YouTube.

Said Church spokeswoman Karin Pouw: "This group of cyber-terrorists ... has targeted the Scientology religion with hate speech and hate crimes" and has even left "threats to plant nitroglycerin bombs in churches."

Wee Tom used to pretend he wasn't a $cieno too, until he was "outed" and had to admit it. As I recall, it prompted something of a career crisis for Wee Tom at the time.

I don't believe any of them - Will, Jada and Kimora are all fucking $cienos.

And Smith can fucking spare us the "you don't have to be a $cieno to hang with Tom Cruise" bullshit. You actually DO have to be a fucking $cieno to hang with him and everyone knows it.

Edited by hedda_louella

TLC's Chilli Reveals Crush On Will Smith

Jada Pinkett Smith has a little celebrity competition over her man - TLC star Rozonda 'Chilli' Thomas is smitten with Will Smith after checking out his body in I Am Legend. Thomas, who previously dated Usher and producer Dallas Austin, admits she was stunned by Smith's physique in the hit film - and she envies her actress pal.

Thomas tells Sister2Sister magazine, "I want her man. No, that's my girl. We cool. But I can admire... His body is off the chain. I was like, 'Man, when this comes on DVD I'm gonna press pause. He's doing, like, these little push-ups, these pull-ups."

And Smith isn't Chilli's only big screen crush: "I can't wait to see The Rock in something. Now, that's who I have a crush on. That's who they need to put me (in a film) with.

Jada Pinkett-Smith's Rocker Do: Love it or Hate it?

April 23, 2008

Star

Posted Image

Another week, another peculiar celebrity hairdo. (See Katie Holmes and Matthew McConaughey.)

This time the distressing star is Jada Pinkett-Smith, who showed up at an event at body care store Carol's Daughter in Culver City, Calif. with this bangin' new 'do, which made us have flashbacks of Ric Ocasek from The Cars.

Mrs. Will Smith's look isn't that shocking. In 2003 the mother of two formed the heavy metal band Wicked Wisdom and has started, um, rocking wilder looks ever since.

Originally I didn't want to see I Am Legend, as (a) I shy away from huge-budget movies that studios tell me I need to see; and (B) a friend of mine used to work for Will Smith, but was fired when Will joined the Church of Scientology, and Scientology does not see gay people as part of their lifestyle. He got paid a lot of money though, so it wasn't all bad. And Will mainly joined mainly so his wife Jada Pinkett Smith could get a career of some sort, since she currently does not have one at all, so he had his motives. And there's a little gossip for you. Anyway--

as if we didn't know......

http://danrenzi.typepad.com/stuff/2007/12/...-club-i-am.html

Edited by Jerrica Benton

Originally I didn't want to see I Am Legend, as (a) I shy away from huge-budget movies that studios tell me I need to see; and (B) a friend of mine used to work for Will Smith, but was fired when Will joined the Church of Scientology, and Scientology does not see gay people as part of their lifestyle. He got paid a lot of money though, so it wasn't all bad. And Will mainly joined mainly so his wife Jada Pinkett Smith could get a career of some sort, since she currently does not have one at all, so he had his motives. And there's a little gossip for you. Anyway--

as if we didn't know......

http://danrenzi.typepad.com/stuff/2007/12/...-club-i-am.html

I think that article is saying the friend of Will's is gay and that's why he got fired. Either Will isn't gay, is deemed 'curable' or he's got enough money for the $cienos to brush a little nuisance like that under the carpet and ignore it. But the lowly friend wasn't so 'lucky'

But he had a better escape.

WILL SMITH GETS SCHOLASTIC

Superstar Will Smith has never found a school he likes for his kids so now he's starting his own.

Cost? More than $1 million!

The box office titan signed a deal to lease a campus near his California home.

Renamed the New Village Academy of Calabasas, the academy will be run privately including kindergarten through sixth grade.

The new Smith school -whose motto is Spiral Up! - requires specvial testing for admission and will be open "to all races, religions and creeds", according to a spokesperson.

Previously, Smith and his wife, Jada Pinkett-Smith, were homeschooling their two children at the Smith family compound

Previously, Smith and his wife, Jada Pinkett-Smith, were homeschooling their two children at the Smith family compound

Um, compound? 2 parents, two kids...THAT qualifies as a compound? Well then, I am off to resupply our compound stores...Really, Big Houses, Big Cars, Big Staff, okay...but a compound?

And I wonder if 'spiral up' is a new buzz word around the Delphi Academies as well...

I usually take "compound" to refer to the physical aspects. So if they had a main house, caretakers house, nanny apartment, pool & pool house, and so on--that's a compound--regardless of how many people live there.