Sign in to follow this  
princess

Brooke Shields

Mama Shields ‘often disappointed’ in Brooke

MSNBC

Regarded as one of the most controversial stage moms of the 1970s and ‘80s, Brooke Shields’ mother is stirring up controversy once more. In a tell-all interview with the National Enquirer, Teri explains why she’s disappointed in her celebrity offspring.

“I don’t see Brooke or my granddaughters much, and if they do come over, it’s only for a little while and then they’re gone,” Teri told the Enquirer. “I wish I could see Brooke, but all she does is work. … But (she) always makes time to visit her friends no matter how busy she is.”

It’s not merely a lack of face time that has Teri down, she’s not happy with what she calls son-in-law Chris Henchy’s “Svengali-like” influence over her daughter. “I’m often disappointed in (Brooke), like the times she snaps: ‘What do you ever do for me?’ That’s what her husband tells her to say.”

Teri added, “I preferred Brooke’s first husband, Andre Agassi, over Chris.”

Lindsay Price Makes Brooke Shields Feel Old

Brooke Shields was an icon to an entire generation — including her Lipstick Jungle co-star Lindsay Price. “I dressed up as Brooke for Halloween when I was 5,” Lindsay, 31, told PageSix.com Monday night at the Seminole Hard Rock Entertainment and Lorraine Bracco launch of Bracco Wines. “My mom made our costumes. Mine was like a Valentino gown — red, off-the-shoulder with marabou trim — and I had all my hair swept to the side.” Not content to only highlight the 11-year age difference between Brooke and herself, Lindsay also talked about Andrew McCarthy, with whom she spends a lot of camera time locking lips. “He just sparkles. He’s just so much fun. Pretty in Pink was the movie we would watch at slumber parties,” Lindsay said, accidentally highlighting the fact that Andrew, 45, was well into his career when she was only 10 years old.

Perhaps it was this sort of “didn’t you all love Cabbage Patch dolls” statement that caused Brooke to start pulling pranks on Lindsay. “My last day of shooting, Brooke and Kim [Raver] were hiding inside a giant walk-in closet that I was shooting in and there were two side-by-side, ceiling-to-floor closets. Brooke jumped out at me — and you don’t want 6-foot-tall Brooke in heels jumping out at you!” Lindsay tells PageSix.com. “I screamed like a girl and then Kim grabbed my arm because I apparently went to punch Brooke.”

But Lindsay seems to be the only one on the receiving end of Brooke’s pranks. “Not yet, thank God,” Lorraine replied when asked if she’d been punk’d. However, the 53-year-old could still be on Brooke’s hit list because, as Lorraine told Pagesix.com, “apparently she’s coming back!” referring to her Lipstick Jungle character, who she admits is a thinly veiled version of book publisher Judith Regan with a dash of a few other people she refused to name.

We were hoping that a couple of bottles of Bracco wine would loosen her lips, since she freely admits, “I get carried away. We’re only here once. And red wine is really good for you.” But all the Sopranos star would divulge is why she dipped her toe into the grape-infused waters. “You have enough actresses selling perfume and creams and lotions, why not wine! This is a lot more fun.”

And after tasting the goods (a lot), we couldn’t agree more!

Brooke Shields Patches Things Up With Her Mother

Brooke ShieldsBrooke Shields ended her rift with her mother during a heartfelt telephone call. Teri Shields recently complained to a tabloid that the actress had shut her out of her and her grandchildren's lives, accusing the star's husband Chris Henchy of having a svengali-like influence over her.

After reading the article, Shields reached out to the 74-year-old to repair their fractured relationship. Teri says, "After Brooke read what I had to say in The National Enquirer, she called me to remind me to watch the second episode of her show. In a somewhat sarcastic tone, Brooke then said, 'Thanks a lot for the things I've been reading about you and me.' I responded by saying, 'Well, you know it's all true Brooke.'

"Then she dropped it, but she didn't scream or yell at me or carry on. It's her way of saying she wants to move on. I know she doesn't want this bitterness to continue."

Brooke Shields Patches Things Up With Her Mother

Brooke ShieldsBrooke Shields ended her rift with her mother during a heartfelt telephone call. Teri Shields recently complained to a tabloid that the actress had shut her out of her and her grandchildren's lives, accusing the star's husband Chris Henchy of having a svengali-like influence over her.

After reading the article, Shields reached out to the 74-year-old to repair their fractured relationship. Teri says, "After Brooke read what I had to say in The National Enquirer, she called me to remind me to watch the second episode of her show. In a somewhat sarcastic tone, Brooke then said, 'Thanks a lot for the things I've been reading about you and me.' I responded by saying, 'Well, you know it's all true Brooke.'

"Then she dropped it, but she didn't scream or yell at me or carry on. It's her way of saying she wants to move on. I know she doesn't want this bitterness to continue."

Ewww. All of it. Every phony word.

Nothing Comes Between Her and Her Calcium

PAGE SIX

Posted Image

Those eyebrows, that mustache — all Brooke Shields is missing are the glasses and a big cigar, and she'd have Groucho Marx nailed! The big difference, of course, is that while Groucho always had his secret word, he never "Got Milk."

The 42-year-old actress is the latest star to sign on as a face for the ubiquitous ad campaign that has featured Glenn Close, Mariska Hargitay, Laila Ali and everyone from Christian Bale (while dressed as Batman) to Shaquille O'Neal (who considers himself Superman). Knowing how important it is for women to get enough calcium, the Got Milk people turned to the star of the NBC's new hit show Lipstick Jungle.

The new campaign featuring the mother of two (daughters Rowan, 3, and Grier, 22 months) launches on March 14 and refers to Brooke as an "actress, model, mother, health nut, spokesperson, role model" before suggesting that everyone should drink three glasses of low-fat or fat-free milk every day to maintain healthy weight and good muscle tone.

Now, don't get us wrong, we're in favor of both of those things, but three glasses a day? That's a lot of milk! What if you're lactose intolerant?

FOOT FIXER-UPPER

Page Six

March 27, 2008 -- BROOKE Shields is laying off the high heels while "Lipstick Jungle" is on hiatus. Shields' new footwear will be a cast. A pal told us, "She is having surgery on her foot." A rep for Shields said, "Yes, she is having surgery on a tendon. It's from an old injury she got from dancing on Broadway. It's the second surgery she's had on it." Shields, who's been working since she was a toddler, reinjured the foot while performing in "Chicago." Get well quick, Brooke!

Brooke Shields’ mother, Teri, was reportedly checked out of her nursing home on Thursday by National Enquirer journalists looking for a “tabloid story,” the star claimed to People.

Teri, 75, has dementia and was reportedly found next door at a restaurant in Old Tappan, New Jersey, later that day talking to a reporter.

“I intend to take every lawful action against all who were involved or who authorized this despicable act,” Brooke said in a statement to People.

“For her safety, she has temporarily been in a senior living facility, a very difficult decision for me,” the star continued. “Late Thursday afternoon, I was alerted by Old Tappan Police that my mother had been signed out of the facility by two reporters of the National Enquirer … who falsely claimed they were friends of hers.”

Brooke went on to call the alleged actions “reprehensible and disgusting,” claiming that “they then drove my 75-year-old mother around looking for a tabloid story. As anyone who has a parent who suffers from dementia or Alzheimer’s, it is one of the most difficult experiences you can go through as a son or daughter.”

Old Tappan Police Department Captain Thomas Shine told the mag that Teri “wasn’t harmed in any way shape or form” when they found her at the restaurant with what he calls “some form of journalist, I think a freelance journalist.”

Officers were called to the nursing home at 3 PM on Thursday after Teri had been checked out, he added.

“It was more along the lines that she had been allowed to leave, based upon their protocol or policy,” he said.

The journalist “did sign her out and was allowed to leave by personnel,” he continued, adding that “the part we’re investigating here is who allowed her to leave the facility. It appears that there were some permissions that were given for Mrs. Shields by the family, be they written, be they verbal – we’re investigating – to allow her visitation for a variety of different reasons.”

Reportedly, no charges have been filed as of yet.

Spokespersons for the National Enquirer and the Old Tappan police did not immediately return inquiries when contacted by Access Hollywood.

Someone forgot to tell me it was National F*ck with Brooke Sheilds month. I need to put my prank caller voice on.

No kidding.

I'm surprised the nursing home let them take her out. Don't they have a list of people who are allowed to do that, kind of like schools have lists of who is allowed to pick the kids up?

10/06/09

Brooke Shields Survives Minor Plane Crash

Brooke Shields and Jim Belushi survived a minor plane crash at the famous Hearst Castle a few days ago ... once again proving Brooke Shields is nothing short of a real life Zelig.

It all went down on Friday at the private landing strip on the Hearst Castle estate -- San Luis Obispo Sheriff's Dept. tells TMZ Shields and Belushi were being flown to an event at the castle.

The Cessna prop plane landed safely ... but here's the problem -- the pilot forgot to set the parking brake after the plane came to a stop. He was in the back helping Brooke and Jim out ... when the plane rolled into a 2010 Buick SUV. The wing struck the SUV ... but the SUV got the worst of it.

We're told no one was injured, but the NTSB was notified.

This is the 4th time -- that we know of -- that Brooke has landed in the middle of a celebrity news event.

-- item: Brooke Shields "dates" Michael Jackson and then tells all at MJ's memorial.

-- item: Brooke Shields becomes Tom Cruise's Scientology foil ... then gives birth down the hall in the same place and at the same time Suri was born.

-- item: Brooke Shields was the catalyst for the Kiefer Sutherland headbutt incident at a New York bar

-- item: And now ... the celebrity plane crash

If you're a celebrity ... and come within eye-sight of Brooke Shields ... run!

Source TMZ

Suicidal Mother Brooke Shields

Brooke Shields contemplated suicide when she first became a mother.

The actress - who has two daughters, Rowan, six, and three-year-old Grier, with husband Chris Henchy - suffered from severe post-natal depression and didn't think her life was worth carrying on with.

Speaking about Rowan's birth - which followed a miscarriage and seven IVF attempts - Brooke said: "I finally had a healthy beautiful baby girl and I couldn't look at her. I couldn't hold her and I couldn't sing to her and I couldn't smile at her... All I wanted to do was disappear and die.

"I should not exist. The baby would be better off without me. Life was never going to get better - so I better just go."

Brooke, 44, was described medication for her depression but stopped taking it, thinking she didn't need it, which resulted in almost fatal consequences.

Speaking on Monday (16.11.09) in New York, where she was receiving an advocacy award from the Hope for Depression Research Foundation, Brooke revealed to People magazine: "That was the week I almost did not resist driving my car straight into a wall on the side of the freeway. My baby was in the back seat and that even

ed me off because I thought she's even ruining this for me. I just wanted to drive into the wall and my friend stayed on the phone with me until I got home safely."Brooke later called her doctor to ask for more help, and was eventually diagnosed with a chemical imbalance.

She revealed: "I learned what was going on inside my body and what was going on inside my brain. I learned I wasn't doing anything wrong to feel that way. That it was actually out of my control."

Source monstersandcritics.com

Brooke Shields Waiting For Resurrection

Brooke Shields expected Michael Jackson to jump out of his coffin at his memorial service.

The actress fought hard to contain her grief when she gave an emotional speech at the public event held at the Los Angeles Staples Center to commemorate the late 'Thriller' singer's life following his death from acute Propofol intoxication last June.

She said: "Did you see me shaking? Well, they didn't tell us that the coffin was going to be there.

"I thought - because there was a fantasy moment in my head - that he was going to jump out and start the concert."

Brooke, 44 - who befriended Michael when she was 13 - also revealed she hadn't been in touch with the 'King of Pop' for a long time before his death, but often wanted to call him and offer her help.

She added: "I had not only not spoken to him, I hadn't seen him in years."

When asked if she had wanted to call him to offer her help, she told US TV show 'Access Hollywood': "I did that, you know, 20 years ago. I mean? the rhetoric didn't change, you know, I did that way back when, but anyway, I did my best."

The 'Lipstick Jungle' star was asked by Michael's mother Katherine to give a speech at the service, but she ignored the words she was asked to deliver in favour of giving a more personal account of their friendship during her seven-minute address.

She explained: "They had written me out something. But I wrote my own thing and just had to do my own thing. I felt honoured to be a part of it."

Source monstersandcritics.com

Brooke Shields: I'll Look Like "the Joker" if I Get More Surgery

After trying Botox, Brooke Shields says she is leery about undergoing any more plastic surgery.

"I want laser treatment because I'm not a fan of my wrinkles," she says in the April issue of Ladies' Home Journal. "But I have to find someone with a light touch. I'm scared I'll end up looking like the Joker."

At 44, Shields says she is struggling to find balance in her life. "I don't know if you ever do feel balanced," she says. "People who say they do are lying." The actress - who headlines the family comedy Furry Vengeance (out Apr. 2) - says she feels "greedy" because she wants it all.

"I want to be able to do the projects I want to do and be the kind of mother my daughters want," says Shields, who has two daughters with her writer-husband Chris Henchy - Rowan, 6, and Grier, 3.

"We were walking to school yesterday and my daughter said, 'Mom, I want you to be a class mom,'" Shields recalls. "I laughed in her sweet little face and said, 'You want me to be a class mom?' I said, 'I'm a classy mom. Isn't that enough?'"

Source Us Weekly

Brooke Shields to give other side of Andre Agassi marriage in her memoirs

Brooke Shields is planning to give the other side of her marriage to retired tennis ace Andre Agassi when she writes her own memoirs.

Agassi went public with private details of his two-year marriage to the actress in his tell all "Open," but Shields insists he left a lot of details out.

And she hopes to address them in her memoirs - especially her ex-husband's account of a tantrum he threw on the set of the sitcom "Friends" when Shields licked show regular Matt Le Blanc's hand in a scene.

Agassi, who was a visitor on set, revealed he stormed off, drove home and smashed his tennis awards, admitting, "I just lost it."

But Shields insists there's more to be told about the bizarre meltdown.

She tells Ladies Home Journal magazine, "Does he mention I spent the next three years replicating those trophies? He doesn't say that, does he? Of course not. That'll be in my book!"

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate...7#ixzz0heUy8gvu

Brooke Shields' Fame Drug

The 44-year-old beauty spent much of her childhood acting and modelling and while she enjoyed it, she will never let her two daughters, Rowan, six, and three-year-old Grier, follow in her footsteps because she also knows the pitfalls.

She said: "It's a high like you can't imagine. It's like a drug.

"But no, I don't want them involved. Every day you're told what you are not: You're not short enough, you're not thin enough, you're not pretty enough. You're always losing out."

Brooke also revealed her heartache at watching her own mother suffer from Alzheimer's disease and the effect the illness - a form of dementia - has on her children.

She told the Ladies Home Journal magazine: "I've dealt with her alcoholism for years, but this is so new to me. I'm confident in my own mothering, I've been making all my own decisions for a long time, but after all these years, I want my mom.

"My oldest is uncomfortable because she knows more. One day she said, 'Mom, are you gonna be crazy like Toots when you grow up?' I was like, 'Oh, God.' "

But Brooke - who is married to television writer Chris Henchy - admits being a devoted working mother, wife and daughter can be quite challenging.

She said: "I'm greedy. We were walking to school yesterday and my daughter said, 'Mom, I want you to be a class mom.' I laughed in her sweet little face and said, 'You want me to be a class mom?' I said, 'I'm a classy mom. Isn't that enough?' "

Source femalefirst

Noisy Neighbour Brooke Shields

Brooke Shields has commissioned extensive changes to be made to her $5.6 million home in the city's West Village area, but builders are said to be making so much noise and mess, other residents are threatening to move out.

One tenant who lives near the actress said: "They start construction at 6am every morning, and people are outraged. This has been going on for months, and people in surrounding buildings are threatening their property managers that they'll move out if it doesn't stop."

The tenant added complaints to construction workers have been dismissed.

A group of residents reportedly confronted the renovation team but were told: "If you have a problem, take it up with Brooke Shields."

BLDG management, which leases many local apartments, has refused to comment on the troubles reported by the residents, including that the renovations have caused the sidewalk near the star's home to be closed.

Despite their problems with their famous neighbour, residents admit they were initially pleased when the star moved into the area in 2008 - reportedly at the suggestion of her 'Lipstick Jungle' co-star Lindsay Price - but the recent developments have made them rethink their view.

The source said: "A lot of people around here were happy that those two were in the neighbourhood. It's a pretty close-knit environment around here, and it's always nice to see a famous face.

"Now people definitely have strong feelings about Brooke disrupting the normally peaceful atmosphere."

Despite the complaints, Brooke - who has two daughters, Rowan, six, and Grier, three, with husband Chris Henchy - has defended herself, saying she has a permit and the works are legal and are "up to code every step of the way."

Source femalefirst

Shields: 'I Never Approved Agassi Book'

Brooke Shields has said that she did not give her approval to her ex-husband Andre Agassi's autobiography Open.

In last year's book, former tennis star Agassi confessed to his past use of cystal meth and suggested that he should not have married Shields.

When asked if she had been sent a copy for approval, Shields told Easy Living: "No, he made me sit in a room with his ghost writer and read what his writer had written.

"And of course he wouldn't change anything I remembered differently, so I was like, why did I read it then? So you can tell everybody, 'She read it'? Which means, 'She's put her stamp of approval on it'?"

She added: "I didn't put my stamp of approval on anything. It wasn't what I remembered. You also can't write a book and ask for people's sympathy, it just doesn't work like that.

"I mean, I don't know why he wrote the book. I'm not sure he's gotten the reaction he hoped for."

Source digitalspy.co.uk