princess

Beyonce and Jay-Z

"So sometimes it hurts. Sometimes I wanna cry. Sometimes I wanna scream. Sometimes I wanna curse people out."

femalefirst.co.uk

And then hopefully you remember how well you get paid for what you do, excluding all the extra perks, and then shut the hell up about it.

:lol:

BEYONCE'S DAD ENDS ROW

03/05/2007

BEYONCE'S dad has dived in to end his daughter's dingdong with singer Ne-Yo. Beyonce had claimed that she wrote last year's hit Irreplaceable "for the girls" - but Ne-Yo says that he wrote all the lyrics. Matthew Knowles says: "He does deserve to share the credit." So that's that then - toys back in prams please.

3 am girls

(Pagesix.com)

She's Got Glitz

WHILE Giorgio Armani was attending Beyoncé's concert in Milan last night, New York was abuzz with news that the Dreamgirl would be the face - and voice - of his new fragrance, Emporio Armani Diamonds. A source close to the project told Page Six, "They have known each other for seven years, and Armani feels Beyoncé represents the glamor and glitz of the fragrance," which will hit shelves in September. Beyoncé will belt out an "old American song" in her TV ads . . . We're guessing "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend."

Beyonce Might Give Face To Armani Fragrance

Filed under: Beyonce

Posted Image

B-Day might become the spokeshoe for Giorgio Armani's new smell. He attended her concert in Milan last night. Did you know that the original title for the Beastie Boys' new album was "Thick Like Beyonce's Leg"? I would have bought twenty-five copies of that cover alone.

New York was abuzz with news that the Dreamgirl would be the face - and voice - of his new fragrance, Emporio Armani Diamonds. A source close to the project told Page Six, "They have known each other for seven years, and Armani feels Beyoncé represents the glamor and glitz of the fragrance," which will hit shelves in September. Beyoncé will belt out an "old American song" in her TV ads.

"On Top Of Old Smokey"? "Camptown Races"? Let's get traditional! You know it's a slow news day if we're talking about perfume contracts, people.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

More photos of Beyonce performing live at the Datch Forum di Assago in Milan are after the jump.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted by: J. Harvey

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/11/beyonc...i_fragrance.php

Beyoncé will belt out an "old American song" in her TV ads.

An "old American song" that Ms. B will still probably try to take songwriting credit for!

All AP News

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beyonce Nominated for 6 BET Awards

Beyonce earned a leading six nominations Wednesday for the 2007 BET Awards, including nominations for top female R&B artist, video for "Irreplaceable" and duets with Jay-Z on "Deja Vu" and "Upgrade U."

"Dreamgirls" Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson, R&B singer Ciara, hip-hop's Akon and the group Gnarls Barkley all had three nominations.

The Black Entertainment Television Awards in music, television, film and sports will be presented June 26. Mo'Nique is slated to host the show on cable's BET Network from the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. Performers include 50 Cent and T.I.

Diana Ross will be honored with BET's Lifetime Achievement Award and Don Cheadle will be given the Humanitarian Award for his efforts at ending genocide in Darfur.

The list of nominees include:

Male Hip Hop: Diddy, Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, Ludacris, T.I.

Collaboration: Akon featuring Snoop Dogg, "I Wanna Love You"; Beyonce featuring Jay-Z, "Deja Vu"; Beyonce featuring Jay-Z, "Upgrade U"; Diddy featuring Keyshia Cole, "Last Night"; Ludacris featuring Mary J. Blige, "Runaway Love."

Female R&B: Beyonce, Mary J. Blige, Ciara, Jennifer Hudson, Corinne Bailey Rae.

Male R&B: Akon, John Legend, Gerald Levert, Ne-Yo, Robin Thicke.

Group: Gnarls Barkley, Mary Mary, Outkast, Pretty Ricky, Three Six Mafia.

New Artist: Lupe Fiasco, Gnarls Barkley, Jennifer Hudson, MIMS, Corinne Bailey Rae.

Gospel Artist: Shirley Caesar, Kirk Franklin, Fred Hammond, Dave Hollister, Mary Mary.

Video of the Year: Akon featuring Snoop Dogg, "I Wanna Love You"; Beyonce, "Irreplaceable"; Beyonce & Shakira, "Beautiful Liar"; Ciara, "Like a Boy"; Gnarls Barkley, "Crazy."

Actress: Tichina Arnold, Angela Bassett, Jennifer Hudson, Kerry Washington, Chandra Wilson.

Actor: Idris Elba, Jamie Foxx, Eddie Murphy, Will Smith, Forest Whitaker.

Female Athlete: Swin Cash, Tamika Catchings, Gail Devers, Lisa Leslie, Serena Williams.

Male Athlete: Reggie Bush, LeBron James, Floyd Mayweather Jr., Dwyane Wade, Tiger Woods.

BET J Cool Like That award: Gerald Levert, Brian McKnight, Eric Roberson, Musiq Soulchild, Elisabeth Withers.

BET Choice award: Beyonce, "Irreplaceable"; Birdman & Lil Wayne, "Stuntin' Like My Daddy"; Bow Wow featuring Chris Brown, "Shortie Like Mine"; Ciara, "Because of You"; Robin Thicke, "Lost Without You"; UNK "Walk It Out."

___

On the Net:

http://www.bet.com/

Beyonce Up For 6 BET Awards

Filed under: 50 Cent , Awards , Beyonce , Robin Thicke

Posted Image

http://cbs2.com/entertainment/entertainmen..._136181546.html

50 Cent and Robin Thicke were on hand to announce the nominations for the 2007 BET Awards, and Beyonce looks like she's going to be the one to beat this year. Beyonce earned a leading six nominations Wednesday for the 2007 BET Awards, including nods for top female R&B artist, video for "Irreplaceable" and duets with Jay-Z on "Deja Vu" and "Upgrade U."

Beyonce's nominations haul doubled that of anyone else. "Dreamgirls" Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson, R&B singer Ciara, hip-hop's Akon and the group Gnarls Barkley all took three nominations.

The Black Entertainment Television Awards in music, television, film and sports will be presented June 26. Mo'Nique is slated to host the show on cable's BET Network from the Shrine Auditorium. Performers include 50 Cent and T.I.

Diana Ross will be honored with BET's Lifetime Achievement Award and Don Cheadle will be given the Humanitarian Award for his efforts at ending genocide in Darfur.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted by: Jessica Marx

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/17/beyonc..._bet_awards.php

All AP News

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sexiness a Must for Today's Lady Singers

She was an "amazing talent," a young singer with a wonderful voice who wrote beautiful songs. But she was no beauty, plus flat-chested and overweight to boot.

Remembering the aspiring star, music executive Jody Gerson still feels terrible about thinking: "She's never going to get signed, even though she's fabulous."

Gerson might feel even worse after Wednesday night's exit of the matronly Melinda Doolittle from "American Idol." In today's music industry, Plain Janes need not apply. Sex appeal was once considered a bonus for a woman; now it's practically a requirement.

Doolittle and the heavyset, gap-toothed LaKisha Jones were widely considered this season's most talented "Idol" contestants. Yet both were eliminated from the final four in favor of Blake Lewis, who makes the teen girls swoon, and the long-locked, 17-year-old looker Jordin Sparks.

A quick check of the Billboard Top 40 turns up a list of candidates for "America's Top Model": Avril Lavigne, blonde stunner Carrie Underwood; tomboyish but sexy Ciara, fashionista Gwen Stefani and hip-swiveling Shakira (on a song featuring bootylicious Beyonce).

The only two in the Top 40 who might not be considered perfect 10s: Pink, who is still svelte and appealing; and multiplatinum Grammy-winner Kelly Clarkson, who got her break only through winning the democratically elected "American Idol."

When asked whether a female with so-so looks and sex appeal could get a record deal, Gretchen Wilson quickly replied: "They can't."

"I believe that very few will get through and they better be amazing," Wilson said in an interview. "The music is not about just music anymore, it's about the look, the 'it' factor if you will ... it's marketing."

True, looks have always been a part of the music business: Diana Ross played a model in the movie "Mahogany," Marianne Faithfull was considered a beauty, Tina Turner's legs were part of her sex appeal, Olivia Newton-John was the lovely girl-next-door and Stevie Nicks rocked teenage boys with more than just her guitar.

But there also were stars like wild-haired, pudgy Janis Joplin and Barbra Streisand, who challenged beauty standards with her protruding nose. Even curvy Aretha Franklin was known mainly for her one-of-a-kind voice.

Today, it's hard to find a singer larger than a size 6 and without a sexy look all of which are played up with sensuous videos, modeling spreads and provocative magazine covers. Lavigne, who once scoffed at singers who stripped for the cameras, fronts the new issue of Blender topless save for a strategically placed banner that reads "Hell Yeah, I'm Hot!"

The hit reality show "Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search for the Next Doll" is a striking example. In finding a replacement for current lead doll, stunner Nicole Scherzinger, the judging panel which included the cosmetically enhanced rapper Lil' Kim did talk about vocal qualities. But while a few contestants had strong voices, all were taut, toned and sexy, and the focus was more on their dancing and overall desirability. Which is to be expected from the group responsible for the anthem "Don't Cha" (as in, "don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me?").

Even singers who are heralded for their talent are gorgeous, like Alicia Keys, Corinne Bailey Rae or Norah Jones. And while critically acclaimed Amy Winehouse may not win any beauty contests, her songs have a raw sexuality that give her that "it" factor.

Dolly Parton, whose buxom figure sometimes overshadowed her talent as a songwriter and singer, said being "a good looking woman certainly can't hurt you any if you're trying to make it."

"But I would like to believe that true and great and pure talent will rise above whatever else," the country legend said in an interview. "But certainly in music these days, the better you look, the more apt you're going to get a contract.

"It's a damn pity, though, that people have to judge real talent on looks."

Gerson says the way female artists look reflects our society, where women are constantly judged on their appearance and oversexualized. But she also says it reflects the way we listen to music these days or don't listen.

"They have to look hot and sexy in these videos," says Gerson, who is credited with helping discover Alicia Keys, among others, and is now executive vice president of the U.S. Creative division of EMI Music Publishing.

"In the days of Aretha Franklin, people saw Aretha maybe a couple of times a year," she said, "but you listened to a record without a visual. You didn't watch it. Everything today, you watch it."

Gerson also agrees with Wilson about the marketing factor. With dwindling profits and budgets, record labels try to maximize artist exposure with clothing deals, cosmetic contracts, movie roles and modeling gigs.

"How many endorsements does Beyonce have? Do you think it's because she's the most talented person on earth or do you think it's because she's gorgeous? I think she's talented but she's also gorgeous," Gerson says. "I think you need the whole package."

And that notion, according to Wilson, "totally sucks."

"My favorite singers in the world were Patsy Cline and Loretta Lynn, and Patsy was a large woman, and Loretta she was never some kind of a supermodel, but they were the greatest female voices in country music, and they changed lives and they made a difference," says Wilson, who, although considered sexy, feels she doesn't fit today's beauty standards.

Where are the Patsy Clines of today? More often than not on smaller, underground labels, which put more of a premium on talent. And with the devolution of today's music industry, Gerson says, small labels may be the best path to success for a woman who doesn't look like a mold of a Barbie doll.

So how would Gerson advise the flat-chested, overweight, amazingly talented singer to chase her dream? Put out her own music and promote herself on the Web.

"As far as we've come as women," Gerson asked, "where are we really?"

You Spin Me Round: Jay-Z Does 'Rehab'

Filed under: Amy Winehouse , Jay-Z , You Spin Me Round

Posted ImagePosted Image

May turned out to be a banner month for Amy Winehouse; the British soul-singer played in front of sold out crowds all over the US and she married her on/off boyfriend. To top things off, one of the greatest names in hip-hop, Jay-Z, remixed her hit single, "Rehab."

So how did this odd collaboration come about? Island Def Jam Records distributed Amy's phenomenal disc Back To Black in the US. Jay-Z, president and CEO of Def Jam, reportedly wanted to give the track a makeover to help Amy break into the American hip-hop market.

A source says, "Jay-Z told Amy he had some great ideas and when he called her back a few weeks later, she couldn't believe it."

The promised makeover was more like a superficial glossing over; Jay-Z just added a few pop-culture-rich verses over Amy's existing percussion and horns.

"My heroin flow's more lethal than Marilyn's nose/I'ma OD til I'm in peace like Anna Nicole."

As a fan of both Amy and Jay-Z, I was a bit disappointed; the track is stellar on it's own without Jay-Z's shout out to "Britney, Whitney, and Bobby." All in all, Ghostface Killah did a much better job remaking Amy's "You Know I'm No Good" on his disc More Fish. Rather than just adding a couple verses to an already existing song, Ghostface Killah transformed Amy's confessional track into an all-out rap battle, answering back to her cheating confessions with "Nasty girl, don't forget I'ma be around forever."

With any luck, Amy's US presence will be around forever, too.

Posted by: Alyk

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/22/you_sp..._does_rehab.php

Hova Sued By His Waitstaff

Filed under: Jay-Z

Posted Image

Jay-Z owns a club in NYC called 40/40. Apparently, his employees are ready to revolt. A former waitress has brought a lawsuit against him alleging that he withheld wages and tips from her. You know it all went to Beyonce and her greedy ass.

Celeste Williams, a former "server" at the swank 40/40 Club, accuses the music mogul and the company that owns the joint, Twenty Ones, Inc., of not even paying her minimum wage. She also alleges that the club held back tips from servers and that she got stiffed for overtime she worked. What's more, Williams' lawyers say in the complaint that there are "more than 100" other 40/40 employees who will join the lawsuit. Williams is seeking unspecified damages.

A rep for the club denies the allegations and stated that Ms. Celeste worked there for a total of four days and that the club isn't aware of who these "100 workers" are. Probably because they're already floating at the bottom of the Hudson. Hova doesn't have time for this. He has 99 problems and dealing with Beyonce's Moms is on the top of the list. You know she's the worst possible future mother-in-law ever. Tina Knowles will punch you.

Posted by: J. Harvey

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/24/hova_s...s_waitstaff.php

Beyonce Ain't in the Mood to Ring the Alarm

Filed under: Beyonce , Gossip

Posted Image

I'm Not Obsessed says that a little birdie spilled that B. has no intention of sharing the spotlight at the MTV Movie Awards with a certain young pop star from Barbados.

An industry source just called and told me that Beyonce is threatening not to show at this year's MTV Movie Awards because Rihanna is scheduled to appear as well. I guess there is some truth to the Rihanna-Jay Z romance after all.

I'd like to imagine a confrontation between Beyonce and Rihanna at the awards starting off with B. saying, "That's it, bitch. You're out of the band." And Rihanna goes, "What band? Are you talking about Destiny's..." And then Beyonce grabs Rihanna's umbrella and hits her with it and saying, "Oh, just shut up! I'LL BE DAMNED IF I SEE ANOTHER CHICK ON HIS ARM!"

...and scene.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

More Beyonce and Her Flowing Hair After the Jump

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted by: Lisa Timmons

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/25/beyonc...g_the_alarm.php

BET Awards Fug Carpet: Beyonce

I've looked at this photo of Beyonce for like twenty minutes, and I can't decide if she looks crazy, or AWESOME:

Posted Image

Is it subtle? No. Is it restrained? No. Is it impossible to sit down in? Probably. Could this be one of the costumes from the grand finale of the Xanadu musical? We hope so. And yet, something about how over-the-top it is is also kind of FABULOUS. It's so....shiny. And futuristic. And weird. And ballsy. And probably really hot in the sun -- if you want to hug her, you probably have to wrap a beach towel around her waist to avoid being scalded, like how you sometimes need to use a dishrag to handle your steering wheel during a heat wave.

But this metallic extravaganza is nothing compared to what B wore to perform in:

Posted Image

She's like C3PO's Dream Woman! Who's also apparently f'ing LOADED, because these leggings cost like, seriously, $100,000 (they're Balanciaga, and I assume they also do your laundry and babysit your children, for that price). And while I am concerned that one of her breasts is about to pop out (which, I mean, of course it's much more difficult to yank up a bra composed of precious metals than it is a little cotton number -- what are you gonna do?), you have to give the girl credit for FULLY COMMITTING to a vision.

http://gofugyourself.typepad.com/go_fug_yourself/

Beyonce's Feet Need to Breathe

Filed under: Beyonce

Posted Image

Beyonce Knowles caused a stir in Bergdorf Goodman last weekend, when she decided to wander around the store shoeless. A witness spilled to Page Six, that it seemed odd for the pop star to be walking around the store like it was her own personal living room.

"She was shopping for shorts with two guys," said the onlooker. "I don't know why she didn't have shoes on. She wasn't shopping for shoes."

Whatever. It doesn't sound all that appealing, but I'm sure she had her reasons. At least she wasn't pulling that mess at a some nasty public toilet outside like Brit-Brit. I doubt there's any risk of her stepping on a stray hypodermic at Bergdorf Goodman.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted by: Lisa Timmons

http://socialitelife.com/2007/07/05/beyonc..._to_breathe.php

Beyonce Might Play Aida

Posted Image

Disney is apparently working on a big-screen version of their Broadway musical version of the classic story of Aida by Elton John. Disney reportedly wants Beyonce to the play the title role. The studio only wants Beyonce and if she signs on the project is a go. At this point, I have nothing to say. Hollywood and Disney fuck everything up, so why not this. Have at it!

Here's Beyonce making her usual crazy and funny faces at the Essence Music Festival in New Orleans last night.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

http://www.dlisted.com/

New York, July 10 (ANI): It seems that singer Beyonce and her beau Jay Z partied so hard that the Beautiful Liar star could not wait for as glass, as she drank P.I.N.K. vodka straight out of the bottle.

Last week, the ‘Dangerously in Love’ hit maker visited Stereo-by-the-Shore with the entertainment mogul.

A source said that the 25-year-old said that she did not mind that she did not bother to wait for a glass.

"Beyoncé said she didn't mind - she didn't want to wait for a glass," New York Daily News quoted a witness, as saying.

Meanwhile, a concerned Beyonce turned up at the bedside of two fans, who were injured during a pyrotechnics mishap at her gig on July 8. (ANI)

sawf.org

National Action Network President Al Sharpton has set his sights on TMZ.com over the word "Roboho" in a fashion piece that was published two weeks ago:

"Calling any woman a "ho" is demeaning and abusive and it should not be tolerated on any level. It is intolerable to think that TMZ.com would find humor in calling Beyonce -- someone who symbolizes the strength, dignity and uplifting of Black women -- a "Roboho," and they should be denounced by the entire community for glorifying the continued oppression of women with this derogatory term. Racism in America is perpetuated by ignorance and hate and using one's airwaves or media entity to promote it is a blatant setback to civil rights and the advancement of equality.

National Action Network has been in the forefront of protesting the word "ho" and will hold a 20-city tour featuring 100 women in each market on August 7th to protest the use of the word "ho" as well as the "N" and "B" words. We encourage TMZ.com to retract their misogynistic labeling of Beyonce and apologize immediately."

TMZ responds

Quote:

Thank you Rev. Sharpton. In response to your statement questioning TMZ's use of the term "roboho," first and foremost, please note that we called Beyonce's performance outfit "roboho" not Ms. Knowles herself. There is a difference. One need not know a celebrity personally to have an opinion on their wardrobe. Joan Rivers created an entire industry based on this fact.

As to accusations that our comment was racially motivated, TMZ has humorously called into question many celebs for wearing racy outfits -- regardless of their race. In the past, TMZ referred to Victoria Beckham, aka Posh Spice, as "poshtitute," Hulk Hogan's daughter a "working girl" and called Lindsay Lohan's trashy ensemble a"HO-rror." A tight mini-dress is a tight mini-dress! Even Kid Rock got a humorous "ho" reference in a December 2006 story, and last we checked, he was neither Black nor a woman.

The point of the BET Awards story was to humorously highlight the fashion missteps of celebrity attendees at the show. We were making light of their outfits -- not who they are as people. With everything serious going on in our world, if you can't make fun of something as superficial as awards show clothing, then what can you make fun of? TMZ has done similar fashion stories for the Oscars, Grammys, Emmys, CMTs, etc. If nothing else, the wardrobe critique of the BET Awards proved that TMZ is an equal opportunity offender when it comes to the snarky fashion policing of Hollywood.

We ask you should the word "ho" be banned? Or only in reference to Black women? Isn't the context in which a word is used almost as important, if not more so, than the actual word? While others may have used the term with maliciousness -- ours clearly was not. It was a humor piece -- as all of our fashion roundup stories are.

TMZ appreciates your feedback, Rev. Sharpton, and the dialogue it has opened, but it is clear that the only thing more subjective than what is fashionable, is what one finds funny.

http://www.tmz.com

I Know The Real Reason For Her Visit

Posted Image

Beyonce visited two fans in the hospital yesterday after the pyrotechnics in her show fucked up and spilled into the front row. The two fans were hospitalized for minor injuries. Beyonce, who is the Mother Theresa of our generation, made a low-key visit to the hospital.

Her rep said, "She was just very concerned about the people injured in the audience. It was unannounced and we kept it very low-key so that she could spend time with them."

Yeah I bet she was concerned. Concerned with not being sued! She probably showed up with her lawyer, some papers to sign and a couple of autographed CDs to make the trade.

Beyonce said, "My life and career have been blessed with the support of the best fans in the world. Their safety and well-being will always be a top priority and one of my biggest concerns."

I would've been calling my lawyer while in the ambulance. Beyonce better watch it herself with those pyros. Who knows what her hair is made of and that shit might cause a fireball.

Click here to see the "accident"

Above is B with her wax sister and mother at a Birthday party this past weekend.

Posted Image

Beyonce visited two fans in the hospital yesterday after the pyrotechnics in her show fucked up and spilled into the front row. The two fans were hospitalized for minor injuries. Beyonce, who is the Mother Theresa of our generation, made a low-key visit to the hospital.

Her rep said, "She was just very concerned about the people injured in the audience. It was unannounced and we kept it very low-key so that she could spend time with them."

Yeah I bet she was concerned. Concerned with not being sued! She probably showed up with her lawyer, some papers to sign and a couple of autographed CDs to make the trade.

Beyonce said, "My life and career have been blessed with the support of the best fans in the world. Their safety and well-being will always be a top priority and one of my biggest concerns."

I would've been calling my lawyer while in the ambulance. Beyonce better watch it herself with those pyros. Who knows what her hair is made of and that shit might cause a fireball.

Above is B with her wax sister and mother at a Birthday party this past weekend.

Love it Leaivory !!!

Posted Image

Love it Leaivory !!!

Michael K from DListed is a funny, funny bitch. :D

Past Beyonce & Lebron James Affair in Miami

A VERY VERY exclusive source, who was once employed at the Setai Hotel in Miami, revealed to me about a past affair Ms. Beyonce Knowles had with Mr. Lebron James many months back.

"Beyonce was holed up in her hotel room for a whole weekend with James," says the source. "They tried to keep things private, but when you are Beyonce there isn't much private when another celebrity enters your room and doesn't resurface for a couple days."

This doesn't surprise me as Beyonce was miffed at Rihanna during the World Music Awards in London last year because she was said to be having an affair with her man Jay-Z. No truth to this story as Rihanna is a good girl... Or at least she wasn't sleeping with Jay-Z.

For once Beyonce will get a taste of her own medicine as the truth is finally revealed.

http://jonathanjaxson.blogspot.com/

Past Beyonce & Lebron James Affair in Miami

A VERY VERY exclusive source, who was once employed at the Setai Hotel in Miami, revealed to me about a past affair Ms. Beyonce Knowles had with Mr. Lebron James many months back.

"Beyonce was holed up in her hotel room for a whole weekend with James," says the source. "They tried to keep things private, but when you are Beyonce there isn't much private when another celebrity enters your room and doesn't resurface for a couple days."

This doesn't surprise me as Beyonce was miffed at Rihanna during the World Music Awards in London last year because she was said to be having an affair with her man Jay-Z. No truth to this story as Rihanna is a good girl... Or at least she wasn't sleeping with Jay-Z.

For once Beyonce will get a taste of her own medicine as the truth is finally revealed.

http://jonathanjaxson.blogspot.com/

So I guess she and Jay Z is just a front!

How could this be discreet and Jay Z is friends with the entire NBA?

Singer Beyonce has promised to fly two injured fans to a future concert and treat them to VIP backstage treatment, after they were injured during a recent gig (reported earlier this week).

Kind-hearted Knowles rushed to a St. Louis, Missouri hospital after her show in the city on Sunday to visit the fans, who were injured when a pyrotechnics display went awry and they were showered with fire.

The 25-year-old singer made an unannounced visit at the Barnes-Jewish Hospital, where she spent 45 minutes with the injured pair - and now the singer has promised to fly each fan and a friend to a gig of their choosing, where they'll be granted access backstage.

Her manager-father Mathew Knowles says, "She's going to make it up to them in a huge way and fly them and a guest to one of her shows - to be backstage."

Source: Panachereport

Interesting (but a bit un-PC) article about the Gay-Z thing:

Is Jay-Z on the DL?

As I noted in a post here a couple of weeks ago, hip-hop has never been quite as teh ghey as it is in 2007. Already this year we’ve had Lil’ Wayne kissing Baby on the mouth, Pastor Ma$e cruising for tranny hookers as if he was Eddie Murphy, T-Pain congratulating Ray-J on the size of his “meat,” and Beanie Sigel getting high on cough syrup and trying to shove his tongue down Peedi Crakk’s ear.

The latest such incident involves Jay-Z, who’s supposedly teh ghey and lives with this guy named Larry Johnson. In case you’re like me, and thought Larry Johnson was that one basketball player who played Grandma-ma in those Nike commercials back in the early ’90s, no; apparently this is another Larry Johnson, who plays football for the Kansas City Chiefs and also happens to be a male model. Hmm…

My boy TKC lives in Kansas City, so he should know. And you know how Mexican dudes are about teh ghey people. They don’t play that shit south of the border. So he’s been on top of this story for some time now. According to a post on his blog from back in 2005, Johnson (heh) is more or less a known fruit, having been outed in a story in KC’s local New Times Village Voice fishwrap the Pitch from back then.

Why in the world Jay-Z would live with another guy, let alone a suspect male model is beyond me. Granted I’ve lived with a series of guys (and not, as many of you bitches would like to think, my mother) going back to the late 1990s, but that’s because I could hardly even afford to live with a roommate, let alone by myself. Obviously neither Jay-Z nor this Larry Johnson fellow have such an issue.

And yet, apparently the two of them live together. It was reported recently on several black (read ghetto) gossip sites that the two of them share a unit Donald Trump’s Trump Tower. The source of said rumor is the following note the blog Bossip received from a woman who claims to work in the building and hence has front row seat tickets to the alleged teh gheyness. Emphasis mine.

I am writing you to asked a question. I work in the building Jay z lives in Trump Tower and though him and Bee are together, I’ve never seen her in his building? But what’s strange to me……..I see Larry Johnson all the time in fact he lives with Jay-z. The other night they attended Cav& Nets games……..when did they become so close? and why is Larry living with Jay. I have some video footage from phone of them together in the building. Is jay gay?

Okay so granted you can’t believe everything you read on the Internets, especially if it was written by that idiot TPAR, in which case it’s almost certainly bullshit. However, the above rumor has since been confirmed by an actual white guy, a sports writer out of Philly named Paul Domowitch. What’s more, not only is Jay-Z roomies with a suspect male model, but the two of them actually went half on the place as if they were man and wife. Aww… how sweet!

To wit:

The Chiefs have been talking to Johnson’s agent about a new deal, but the two sides still are far apart. A club source put the odds of Johnson holding out this summer at 50-50. Johnson, who owns a home in New York with rapper Jay-Z, showed up in Kansas City Sunday for the first time since the team began its voluntary workouts last month and has worked out with his teammates the last 2 days. He has indicated that he will attend the team’s postdraft minicamp in 2 weeks.

It must be tough having to fly out to KC for minicamp when he could be in NY with his boo…

No but really, I’d say Jay-Z definitely has some explaining to do. I mean, it’s bad enough he’s got Memphis Bleek in his will, and he’s always got something bad to say about a woman (even I’ll sometimes praise the size of a woman’s cans), but sharing an apartment with a shirtless male model closet case? That’s just teh ghey.

Granted I realize him and Beyonce are supposed to be all serious at this point, but what does that mean, really? Plenty of teh ghey guys have been married to women over the years. At this point, if Jay-Z wants to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he’s straight, he’s gonna have to do something extra-straight. Even if a video of him tagging Beyonce was to emerge, I’m not sure if that would suffice. How would we know he was enjoying it? He always seems so expressionless…

http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=11084#comment-521404

Carpet-burned

Jay-Z was booed by the paparazzi for avoiding the red carpet at the opening of his pal Justin Timberlake's upper East Side restaurant, Southern Hospitality. While other celebs posed for photographers, he ducked behind the backdrop hoarding (which is known in the trade, rather unpoetically, as a "stop-and-repeat"). "He was grinning from ear to ear when he heard them boo," laughs a spy.

Inside the party, Jay found Justin ensconced in the VIP section, which was obscured from prying eyes.

Spywitnesses trying to catch JT together with gal pal Jessica Biel noted that while both chatted amiably with his mom, Lynn, they spent very little time with each other.

Source: NY Daily News