Sign in to follow this  
princess

Sylvester Stallone

3a.m.girls

SLY’S FIGHTING FIT

AGED 60, SYLVESTER STALLONE RETURNS TO PLAY ROCKY FOR THE LAST TIME

By Adam Stone

HE has taken a few knocks in his time, and not just in the Rocky movies. After all he was married to fiery Brigitte Nielsen. But at the age of 60, Sylvester Stallone has decided to climb back into the ring for Rocky Balboa, the sixth and positively final outing for the boxer.

Here, he tells The Ticket why he went back to Rocky, how he got back into shape and why he gave up sex during filming.

So why make a sixth Rocky film after all this time?

I’d wanted to do this for such a long time and I didn’t like the way the last one turned out. Rocky V was a disappointment to me and a lot of other people. I don’t blame you for asking, ‘Why is he doing this again?’ My own wife (Jennifer Flavin, 38) thought it was a ridiculous idea at first, but in the end I couldn’t resist the chance to finish the story. Now we’ve done it, it’s kind of bittersweet because I know this is definitely the last go round.

How do you feel when you see yourself as Rocky 30 years after the first movie?

As Bob Hope would say, “How would you feel, sitting there watching your hairline recede?” No, I’m only kidding. It’s a very odd feeling, watching yourself grow up on film, it really is. These movies chronicle a part of your life. There’s a simplicity about Rocky movies that I wish I could maintain in all the films I do.

How do you keep on looking so great after all these years?

Wow. Well, my blood pressure isn’t so great! But primarily, I’ve been doing a lot of meditation. The next thing is, eating-wise, I’m primarily down to just two substantial meals a day, fairly early. Then if I’m going to dinner, I eat about three in the afternoon, so at dinner I’m not that hungry. And it’s always 90 per cent protein. And lately, my wife keeps developing these different things in her laboratory. She’s very successful. You know, she has this tremendous line of skin products. Huge. And I’m her guinea pig.

How did you cope with getting back the fighter physique to play Rocky again?

Well, I’ve always worked out so it wasn’t so bad. To tell you the truth, I don’t feel any older, slower or stiffer with that stuff today than I did 10 years ago. Sometimes when I’m working out I’ll notice that my muscles can feel a little stiffer the next day than I’m used to, but it doesn’t affect my ability to train. I can’t run any more because my knees hurt too much, so it was just all gym and ring work. I love to work out, it makes me feel good, and it’s my time where I do a lot of thinking and focus my mind on what I have to do that day.

Is it true you gave up sex to be able to keep up with the gruelling fight scenes?

I did, that’s true. At 60 you don’t have as much energy as you did back when you were 30, so you have to conserve every bit you can. Giving up sex isn’t really that hard to do and it’s well known that it can improve your performance in sports – or on a movie.

How is life in treating you these days?

My life is good. I feel that I’ve got things back together as far as my work is concerned, and I’m enjoying my life as a husband and father. Ten years ago I was very depressed about my personal life and my career wasn’t in any great shape either. I was also about to hit 50 and naturally you start to worry about how you age, how you look, and what life has in store for you. But I went through that mid-life crisis and today things are looking pretty good.

Did you ever expect to find the kind of happiness you have with Jennifer?

You never expect happiness after you’ve gone through a lot of suffering in your life. A lot of my romantic troubles in the past were my own fault because I was too naive and too trusting of certain women in my life. I was burned badly. But I also learned a lot about women in the process. I think everything I went through had some kind of value.

So your past turbulent romances better prepared you for things this time round?

I think I needed to wait until I was older to start a family again because I was also too involved with my work and also too easily lured by temptation to stray with other women outside of a relationship. I think I make a much better husband and father now than I ever could have been earlier. You figure out that it’s not your work and success that count. It’s the kind of life you make for yourself and the people who love you. I sometimes think all men should wait until they’re 50 to start a family and settle down.

So you’re enjoying fatherhood?

Oh, I love my girls (Sophia, 10, Sistine, eight, and Scarlett, four). I adore them. I’ve also got my two sons who are all grown up now (Sage, 30, and Seargeoh, 27), but it’s totally different this time around. Girls are very different to bring up than boys. I’ve learnt that.

How? Are you more protective of them?

Oh yes, sure. You worry. You know, boys... (laughs). I won’t let ’em date till they’re 45!

This is your third marriage after Sasha Czack and of course Brigitte Nielsen. How do look back at that time, with Brigitte especially?

I try not to! I’ll tell you this though, it’s very weird to switch on the TV and see your ex wives on reality TV shows. It’s not nice.

You were teased a lot by kids when you were growing up. Have you ever lost those psychological scars?

Not completely. I still feel awkward and shy sometimes even though my public image is just the opposite. The doctor who delivered me destroyed a facial nerve with his forceps. It affected my appearance and speech. In a way, I was like a fat kid who gets tortured for years. It makes you angry inside, but you forget what makes you burn to succeed. I still have that drive now

Stallone knocked out sex to prep for film

Ah, the sacrifices an actor makes for his craft: Sylvester Stallone gave up sex to better prep for "Rocky Balboa."

By Jeannette Walls

MSNBC

Talk about sacrificing for your craft: Sylvester Stallone says he gave up sex to improve his on-screen performance in “Rocky Balboa.”

The 60-year-old actor said he had to stop doing the deed while shooting his latest flick because he needed to save his energy.

“At 60 you don’t have as much energy as you did back when you were 30, so you have to conserve every bit you can,” the “Rocky” star said while promoting his latest flick. “Giving up sex isn’t really that hard to do and it’s well known that it can improve your performance in sports — or on a movie.”

His abstinence may have paid off. Although Stallone is a regular winner of the Razzie Awards handed out to the worst flicks and performances, the actor — with 30 nominations and 10 wins under his belt — was shut out of this year’s Razzies.

“At the first of the year, you could not have convinced me [“Rocky Balboa”] wasn’t going to be a Razzie contender,” Razzies founder John Wilson recently conceded. “I would like to publicly say that Stallone has made a good movie.”

Stallone Detained At Sydney Airport!

Perez

Sylvester Stallone has pulled a Whitney!

The actor was detained at Sydney's airport for several hours this weekend after officials found prohibited items among his luggage and that of his entourage.

Australian Customs Service national investigations manager Richard Janeczko said: "As a result of having their luggage X-rayed, a number of prohibited items were seized by customs. Mr Stallone was allowed to proceed with his party and our investigations are continuing."

It is not clear what the articles were or who's baggage they were found in.

Drugs? Marijuana? Guns????

We love celebrities.

They're sooo crazy!

"Banned body building drugs" Steroids

http://www.theage.com.au/news/people/rocky...1733596987.html

Rocky road through custom

Hollywood star Sylvester Stallone has dismissed as a "misunderstanding" the confiscation of several banned items by Customs officials at Sydney Airport.

Stallone's whistlestop trip to Australia got off to a rocky start when he and his entourage of about five were quizzed at the airport about some suspicious items found in their luggage.

The actor flew into Sydney from the United States about 11pm (AEDT) Friday for the premiere of Rocky Balboa - the sixth and final film in the Rocky series.

But Australian Customs Service officers delayed the star and his entourage from leaving the airport for about two hours after routine x-rays of their luggage revealed several prohibited items.

As he strutted the red carpet last night at the harbourside premiere of his latest film, Stallone laughed when quizzed about the incident.

"That was just a misunderstanding," he said.

"Customs is doing a great job."

Customs would not confirm the nature of the items, but it is believed banned body building drugs could be among them.

A Customs spokesman said Stallone and his party were questioned about the items, which are being held for further examination this weekend.

"His party was subjected to normal Customs and quarantine processing," the spokesman said.

"During an x-ray of the group's baggage several prohibited items were located.

"We are holding the items and our investigations are continuing into those items."

Stallone attended the sold-out Australian launch of Rocky Balboa at OpenAir Cinema at Sydney's harbourside Mrs Macquaries Point.

The 1200 tickets to the Australian premiere of Rocky Balboa sold out in 27 minutes earlier this month.

Stallone wrote all the scripts and directed five of the six Rocky films including the latest one.

The first Rocky film was made more than 30 years ago in 1976, and the long-awaited Rocky Balboa is the first Rocky film since Rocky V in 1990.

The sixth instalment follows a washed-up has-been Balboa running a restaurant and reliving old glories 30 years after his prime.

He gets a second chance to prove himself in the ring by taking on the reigning heavyweight champion almost half his age.

Rocky Balboa opens nationally on February 22.

Edited by tinker

A Socialite's Life

Sly Stallone Not Having A Great Week

After riding high on the critical success of his latest film, "Rocky Balboa," it looks like Sylvester Stallone is getting his ass yanked back down to Earth with his recent visit to Sydney, Australia. It all started Friday night, when customs officials discovered something amiss in the baggage of Stallone and his entourage. And now, reports are running rampant that the "something amiss" was in fact the presence of illegal bodybuilding substances. Additionally, local officials are currently searching both Stallone's private jet and hotel room, to determine if there are any more contraband items in his possession, like the human growth hormone that was rumored to have been found.

Stallone's initial reaction was to state that the whole situation was simply a "misunderstanding" but has since declined to comment after the search extended from his baggage to his hotel room, and private plane. E! News reports:

As officials stopped by the Park Hyatt hotel to issue the actor a summons to answer charges on the prohibited substances, Stallone and his cohorts were allegedly seen tossing something out of the windows of their hotel room. A search of the room allegedly resulted in additional evidence, per the Telegraph.

A full sweep of his private plane ensued, though the actor was cleared to leave the country later in the day as the investigation proceeds.

I'm just hoping that in their search, they don't happen upon a script for the sequel to "Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot," somewhere in there. Cause that would be TRAGIC.

NY DAILY NEWS

Sylvester Stallone has been charged in Australia with illegally importing performance-enhancing drugs, according to the Sydney Morning Herald.

Aussie customs officials said they found 48 vials of the steroid hGH when they raided Stallone's Sydney hotel room, limo and jet during his February visit to promote "Rocky Balboa." The 60-year-old action star will be required to enter a plea April 24.

Stallone pleads guilty to Australia drug charges

Actor brought muscle-building hormones into country

MSNBC.com

SYDNEY, Australia - Actor Sylvester Stallone pleaded guilty Tuesday to bringing vials of restricted muscle-building hormones into Australia and faces sentencing next week.

Lawyers for the 60-year-old star of the "Rocky" and "Rambo" movies entered the guilty pleas on behalf of the actor, who did not appear before Sydney's Downing Center Local Court.

Stallone was accused of bringing banned substances into Australia after a customs search of his luggage during a Feb. 16 visit to Sydney revealed 48 vials of the human growth hormone product, Jintropin.

Three days later, Stallone threw four vials of the male hormone testosterone from his Sydney hotel room when customs officials arrived to search it, prosecutor David Agius told the court.

Human growth hormone, a naturally occurring substance that can be replicated synthetically and is used to build muscle mass, is considered a performance enhancing drug in Australia and it cannot be imported without a permit from the national drug regulator, the Therapeutic Goods Administration.

‘Extremely mortified’

The maximum penalty for bringing Jintropin into Australia illegally is a fine of $91,500 and five years in prison, but Stallone faces a maximum penalty of just $18,000 on each of the two charges because the matter is being heard by a local, not federal, court.

Deputy Chief Magistrate Paul Cloran said Stallone would be sentenced on Monday next week.

Stallone's lawyer Phillip Boulten said the actor should be spared a criminal conviction, saying Stallone took the hormones for medical reasons that he did not specify.

"The defendant, Sylvester Stallone, is extremely mortified about having been involved in this incident," Boulten told the court. "Had he known that what he was doing was contrary to Australian law, he almost certainly would not have done it."

But Agius said Stallone had demonstrated a "consciousness of guilt" by throwing the testosterone from the hotel.

Boulten said Stallone was taking both substances under medical supervision.

"This is not some back-alley body builder dealing covertly with some banned substance in some sort of secret way," he said. "This was a legitimate medical condition being treated by doctors of the top ranking order in the west coast of the United States."

Agius told Cloran that Stallone was to have appeared in the court through a video link but that that plan had been abandoned. Agius did not elaborate.

‘A minor misunderstanding’

Prosecution documents handed to the court in March said Stallone had marked "No" on a customs declaration card that asked if he was bringing into Australia restricted or prohibited goods "such as medicines, steroids, firearms, weapons, or any kind of illicit drugs."

During his visit to Australia, Stallone shrugged off the airport incident.

"It was just a minor misunderstanding," Stallone told reporters "They were just doing their jobs. I just didn't understand some of the rules here."

He came to Australia on a three-day tour to promote the latest movie in the "Rocky" series, "Rocky Balboa." A media throng was kept waiting for hours outside Sydney International Airport for the actor and his entourage.

When a tightlipped Stallone emerged, he signed his autograph for several fans but avoided media questions about the delay.

© 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Sly Pleads Guilty

Posted Image

Sly Stallone pleaded guilty in Australia today for bringing the human-growth hormone Jintropin into their country. The muscle-enhancing hormone is banned in their country. Sly did not appear in court, but said:

"I made a terrible mistake, not because I was attempting to deceive anyone but I was simply ignorant to your official rules. I feel terrible that my breach of the rules has set a poor example to members of the public, whose opinion I cherish dearly."

Sly will be sentenced next week and is expected to pay a fine of $36,000 and serve zero jail time.

He was caught with Jintorpin last February when entering their country. Officials also visited his hotel room to search for the hormone and found that Sly had thrown the rest of his supply out the window.

Can they also charge him for being "FREAKY IN THE FACE?" I mean, his mug is a danger to society!

http://www.dlisted.com/

Stallone Pleads Guilty and Not Just to Looking Rough

Filed under: Sylvester Stallone

Posted Image

As a result of getting caught trying to bring human-growth hormones into Australia, Sly Stallone has entered a guilty plea in a Sydney court. The star of "Rocky" will await sentencing next week for being found with the muscle-building hormone, Jintropin, during a customs search, as well as for tossing out four vials of the stuff, during a search of his hotel room by customs officials. Initially, the actor had claimed that he was unaware that local laws prohibited the substances in a letter sent to Sydney's Downing Center Local Court. According to TMZ:

Then, said a prosecutor yesterday, Stallone threw four vials of the male hormone testosterone out of his hotel room when customs officials searched it.

The maximum penalty for Stallone's offense could be 5 years in prison and $91,500 in fines, but Stallone will face up to $18,500 for each charge because his case is being heard in local (not federal) court.

I can't help but think that this might be fate doling out some payback for a number of shitty Rocky movies made in between some good ones. I have a feeling somewhere, right now, Mr. T. is pitying this fool.

Posted by: Lisa Timmons

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/15/stallo...oking_rough.php

(IMDB.COM)

Stallone: "I Made a Terrible Mistake"

Hollywood star Sylvester Stallone has apologized for bringing banned growth hormone Jintropin into Australia. The Rocky Balboa actor was detained at Sydney airport by customs officials in February. They seized his luggage and later raided his hotel room and private jet in search of the substance. In a letter read on Tuesday to Sydney's Downing Center Local Court, Stallone said, "I made a terrible mistake. Not because I was attempting to deceive anyone but I was simply ignorant of your official rules. It was a hard-learned lesson and an eye-opener that the world is a complex society, and knowing the rules of your intending destination is of paramount importance. I wish to express my deepest remorse and again apologize." If convicted, the actor faces a fine of $22,000. He is due to be sentenced on Monday. The growth hormone at the center of the legal case is alleged to reduce body fat, build muscle, remove wrinkles and provide a range of anti-aging benefits.

Stallone to Pay $10K for Smuggling

Actor didn't declare male hormones at customs

May 21, 2007

Sylvester Stallone has been convicted of not handling his hormones appropriately.

The "Rocky Balboa" star has been ordered to pay around $10,000 in fines and court fees for bringing a banned muscle-building hormone into Australia earlier this year, report news sources.

In February, Stallone was in Sydney for the Australian opening of "Rocky Balboa" when he had a run-in with customs officials. Local authorities seized 48 vials of banned Jintropin, a human growth hormone used for bodybuilding, after searching his luggage, private jet and hotel room. The actor allegedly also tossed four vials of the stuff out of his hotel room when it was searched.

Stallone had pleaded guilty to the two charges of importing a prohibited substance. His lawyer claims that his client was taking the hormone under a doctor's supervision for an undisclosed medical reason.

The actor was fined $2,451 on both charges and ordered to pay the prosecution cost so f $8,200.

The maximum penalty for his offense was $91,500 in fines and five years in prison.

From imdb.com today...

Stallone Defends Himself Over Drug Controversy

Sylvester Stallone insists the supplement which landed him in trouble with Australian customs in February is one he needs to take regularly to repair damaged muscles and tendons. The Rocky Balboa star was fined $2,450 last month after he was caught in possession of vials of a human growth hormone, which is an illegal substance in Australia, at Sydney Airport. But he insists the banned growth hormone, Jintropin, is something he has to take on a regular basis - just to get through the day. Stallone, 60, states, "I abused my body so much throughout my career that I am literally held together by glue. The stuff I took thickens the bones and reinforces the tendons."

Posted Image

It’s been about 25 years since Stallone starred in the movie First Blood, which ultimately spawned the entire Rambo series. Apparently Stallone is going to star in a new Rambo movie, creatively title “Rambo.” I wonder if they photoshopped this poster, Sly still looks like he did years ago, not bad for a 61-year-old.

(Pagesix.com)

SLY RIPS JANICE'S STEROID 'LIES'

January 11, 2008 -- THE self-proclaimed "world's first supermodel," Janice Dickinson, is a publicity hound who will say anything to get attention, according to her former fiancé, Sylvester Stallone.

The star of "Rocky" and "Rambo" is furious because Dickinson, who's now hosting "The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency" reality show on the Oxygen channel, went on Greg Gutfeld's Fox News show, "Red Eye," this week and accused Stallone of doing steroids.

Dickinson told Gutfeld that not only did she see Stallone "juice" up with steroids but that he injected her with them as well.

"He juiced me," Dickinson said. "I'd wake up and my arm was as big as Popeye - steroids, testosterone, all that stuff that people say [mimicking Stallone voice], 'Hey, it's not that good 'cause you get really big, you know what I mean?' "

When Gutfeld put in, "So that's an actual confirmation, though? You did see him juice?" Dickinson coyly shot back, "I did confirm that, didn't I?"

When informed of the exchange, Stallone's representative fumed to Page Six, "Janice Dickinson lied about the origin of her child, and she's lying about this."

Dickinson and Stallone were briefly engaged in the early 1990s. The brunette found out she was pregnant and told the actor he was the father, but DNA tests proved that producer Michael Birnbaum was the daddy of her baby girl, Savannah. Stallone immediately dumped her.

A pal of Stallone said yesterday, "These are just more desperate lies from a desperate woman." A rep for Dickinson, the author of "Everything About Me Is Fake and I'm Perfect," didn't get back to us.

The lavishly lipped ex-mannequin claims to have coined the term "supermodel" in 1979, but it was actually first used in a 1968 article in Glamour magazine. Dickinson is said to have bedded the likes of Jack Nicholson, Bruce Willis, Mick Jagger and Warren Beatty - as well as Grace Jones and Kelly LeBrock.

Stallone, 61, has been a fitness freak ever since he starred in "Rocky" in 1976. The Philadelphia native looked like a professional bodybuilder in his first "Rambo" movie, "First Blood," in 1982.

Janice Dickinson is threatening to heat up her war of words with Sylvester Stallone - warning: “If he doesn’t shut his big mouth, I’m going to really tell everybody what he did to me.”

The ex-lovers have always hated each other but things went into overdrive last week when

Janice told U.S. TV that not only had she seen Stallone taking steroids he had even “juiced” her.

Stallone then hit back by calling her a liar. They then almost came face-to-face when Dickinson “charged” into a Los Angeles hotel and discovered that a “Rambo 4″ junket was under way there.

“She came in stumbling in her heels, wearing big, dumb sunglasses and a riding outfit,” the onlooker said. “She grabbed a busboy and started yelling, ‘He knows I’m here! He knows I’m here!’ She then quickly disappeared.”

Dickinson was furious at Stallone’s suggestion that she was speaking out merely because she wanted publicity.

“I’m not desperate!,” she raged. “I just got off of ‘I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here!’ and have a show in 110 countries.

“If he doesn’t shut his big mouth, I’m going to really tell everybody what he did to me.

“If he doesn’t retract calling me a liar, I’m going to really talk - and he doesn’t want that, so he’d better make nice. “Tell him I just got out of the jungle, too.”

Stallone declined comment.

The two were engaged for several months in 1993 before breaking up. When she learned she was pregnant, she fingered Stallone as the father. However, after tests proved that producer Michael Birnbaum was actually the daddy of Dickinson’s daughter, Savannah, the wild model confessed she had sex with FIVE men in one week.

showbizspy

SLY SPOUTS OFF

January 25, 2008 -- SYLVESTER Stallone had an armed guard deliver an advance screener of the new "Rambo" to Howard Stern, who gave the flick five stars when Sly called in yesterday to see if he liked it.

The talk quickly turned to women, with Sly denying Janice Dickinson's claims he injected her with steroids. "The only thing I injected her with was my fist," he joked. He also claimed Brigitte Nielsen was one of the "least crazy" women he's dated and that saucy redhead Angie Everhart was demented. Stern, who also dated Everhart, said she is "very nice.

Fisting Fun With Janice Dickinson

Posted Image

Sly Stallone was on Howard Stern (via Page Six) where he was asked about Janice Dickinson's claims that he injected her ass with roids back in the day. Sly responded with, "The only thing I injected her with was my fist."

I know what he meant, but immediately I pictured Janice on all fours with a roided-up arm in her ass. No wonder she's so fucking crazy. She's still traumatized with the horrific image of Rambo's shitty hand coming out of her butt.

Here's Sly "fisting" Arnie at the "Rambo" premiere in Las Vegas. He's also pictured with his wife Jennifer Flavin. I love her on HSN!

Posted Image Posted Image

Riddle Me This

Posted Image

Many people have mentioned this before, but I'm being serious. Have Jackie Stallone and Carrot Top ever been in the same room together. I doubt it.

Here's Jackie or Carrot Bottom at the "Rambo" premiere in Vegas last night.

Stallone Defends His Use of Human Growth Hormone

Sylvester Stallone isn't holding back about his using HGH (Human Growth Hormone) to beef up for the new Rambo movie. The A.P. is reporting Stallone told Time Magazine, "Everyone over 40 years old would be wise to investigate it because it increases the quality of your life," Stallone says. "Testosterone, to me, is so important for a sense of well-being when you get older."

The 61 year old actor directed and co-wrote the new Rambo sequel, which hit theaters on Wednesday

okmagazine

Stallone back in action with 2-film deal

NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) - Boxoffice comeback champ Sylvester Stallone has inked a lucrative deal to direct and star in two action films with "Rambo" producers Danny Dimbort,

Several scripts are being considered for follow-ups to his surprise hit sequels to "First Blood" and "Rocky." With Nu Image/Millennium's new Writers Guild of America interim deal speeding up the process, the first script is expected to be ready by the fall, with production set to begin shortly thereafter.

"The past year and a half of working with Avi, his partners Danny and Trevor and his film family has been nothing but a high point for me and my career and an extremely rewarding experience," Stallone said. "Avi is a real gentleman and a man of his word."

Stallone will produce the films with Kevin King-Templeton and Lerner. Dimbort, Short and Boaz Davidson will serve as executive producers.

It's a deal few would have expected just a few years ago, when Stallone followed up his role in "Spy Kids 3D: Game Over" with a failed network boxing reality TV series, "The Contender." But in 2006, Stallone wrote, directed and starred in "Rocky Balboa," the sixth "Rocky" film, 16 years after the previous sequel in the franchise. The MGM release grossed $70 million on an estimated $24 million budget.

The second part of Stallone's one-two punch came with the current release "Rambo," which he also stars in, wrote and directed. The film, distributed by Lionsgate, made $18.2 million in its opening weekend and earned an estimated $25 million in its first 10 days of release.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Stallone says he is willing to testify

Associated Press

Fresh from promoting his latest "Rambo" film, Sylvester Stallone said Wednesday he wouldn't mind squaring off against the private investigator accused of tapping his phone.

"Why not? I don't want to be left out," Stallone jokingly replied when asked if he wanted to testify in the upcoming trial of Anthony Pellicano.

The action star added that he had not received a subpoena, but his assistant had been called to testify.

Federal prosecutors have said Stallone, 61, was one of several stars who had their phones illegally wiretapped or had their names run through police databases at Pellicano's direction.

The private eye and four co-defendants are scheduled to stand trial beginning next week on charges that include conspiracy and wire fraud. All have pleaded not guilty.

Prosecutors have indicated that Pellicano was looking for dirt that his clients could use for threats, blackmail or to gain a tactical advantage in litigation.

Stallone said he wasn't surprised to hear the allegations that such activity occurs in Hollywood.

"In this town, nothing seems as it is," Stallone said. "There's so much skullduggery."

Assistant U.S. Attorney Dan Saunders declined to comment about whether Stallone would be required to testify. Prosecutors intend to withhold their list of possible witnesses until the first day of trial.

Stallone's calls were intercepted in February 2002. Authorities haven't provided details about the conversations, but the eavesdropping came during the same month Stallone filed a lawsuit against his former business manager over investment advice involving Planet Hollywood restaurants. The suit was eventually settled.

Wiretapping trial delayed one week

AP

LOS ANGELES - A judge on Thursday postponed the start of the wiretapping trial of private investigator Anthony Pellicano and four co-defendants.

U.S. District Judge Dale Fischer ordered a weeklong delay, until March 5, after lawyers for some of the defendants requested more time to prepare.

The defendants have pleaded not guilty to conspiracy, wire fraud and other counts.

Pellicano is accused of tapping phones and bribing police to get dirt on celebrities including Sylvester Stallone and Garry Shandling.