krysbabe

Wentworth Miller

socialitelife

Well, he does have one major thing in common with Tom Cruise. I'll let you figure out that pretty obvious one yourself. Want a hint? Wentworth Miller is not a Scientologist, he isn't engaged to a young starlet, and he did not just have a baby.

"This is an incredibly brutal profession," says Miller, his almost hooded eyes roving over a room full of people. Don't get me wrong, we're not working in a coal mine, but to be rejected day in and day out does take its toll, and if you're someone like myself, who I don't think fits into a pre-established mould, it can become even more difficult.

"If you're a young Tom Cruise, Hollywood knows what to do with you because Tom Cruise has worked so well. They're desperate for a young Tom Cruise. But if you don't fit into a particular mould, you have to actually go out and establish that type first.

"It's my greatest hope that in 10 to 15 years there's some casting director in Los Angeles who says, 'I need a young Wentworth Miller'."

"Ideally I want to do something that inspires me, but in the end I decided not do anything over the break because Prison Break is a means to an end," he says. "I do hope it leads to other projects, but it's also an end in and of itself, and I want to have just as much energy going into the second season as I do going into the first, and that will, I think, buy a couple of months of rest and relaxation."

"The Human Stain failed to make me a name because it did not do well commercially," Miller says. "And unfortunately the feature film business is very much about are you or are you not a name? Does your name mean something in Thailand and New Zealand? And mine did not after Human Stain.

"The wonderful thing about Prison Break is that it's being seen all around the world and I think it will go a long way towards establishing me as a commodity, for better or for worse."

It sounds like someone wants to be a star.

NO, NO, NO. Please dont be the next Cruise, I get that you're like him in that you like guys, but please don't be an asswipe. Be an actor, not a MOVIE star. You will get more recognition, which I think you most definitely deserve, Wentworth. Plus, lookie here, Wentworth is not superstar name, its serious oscar winning actor name, don't you want that?

not every gay guy has a lisp or has a limp in their hand :rolleyes: just like not every gay guy is gonna be into fashion or every guy who likes fashion isn't necessarily gay. stereotypes are bad mf'smom!although i do agree he is either gay, bi, or bi-curious (with the curious on the woman part)

I couldn't agree more that stereotypes are bad. I have gay friends that are more hetero acting than I am. I also have some that are more than a little feminine. I have NO prejudice against gays. I just believe this guy is gay.

Kristin of E! said in her Vine report that she ran into Wentworth while he was buying pink underwear at The Grove. She didn't say if they were mens or women. :blink:

Taken from GR Board so take with a grain of salt :)--------------------------------------------------------------------May 1st, 2006, 09:00 AMposted by: card I dunno. I know a guy who works in prodution on Prison Break and I asked him if Wentworth was gay, and he said no way. He's usually pretty honest about stuff so I'd like to believe him.***January 27th, 2006, 02:15 PMposted by: glamazon my old college acquaintance is on the show, and we've asked her husband who is there if Wentworth is gay. The husband (we saw him recently) said my friend and I can come out to Chicago and visit him and the set and meet Wentworth. I will then tell you, after I sleep with him, if he is gay or not.

people.comCaught in the Act!Prison Break star Wentworth Miller, posing with a young fan outside The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf in West Hollywood.

Wentworth Miller at FOX Broadcasting Company Upfront on (05/18/06)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Hollywood's Best

You know I have to agree with others out there. Besides Perez's blind vice, I get no vibes that he's gay besides the fact that he's British. And all of them are horrible on the gay dar anyway. They all ping it for me, so I tend to excuse most of them unless they decide to be crazy like Elton John or Boy George or George Michael.

He pings mine...big time. Not because he's a pretty brit who's successful. :D But you never hear of him seeing someone...or being involved with someone. I'm not talking Lohan...or Hilton changing lovers like we change draws...just a long-time girlfriend or current squeeze...or an ex-lover who talks of her time with the Wentster. With interviews he is pretty vague about marriage and kids. That seems like he really isn't into it...when most sex symbols are hard-pressed about it.

He pings mine...big time. Not because he's a pretty brit who's successful. :D But you never hear of him seeing someone...or being involved with someone. I'm not talking Lohan...or Hilton changing lovers like we change draws...just a long-time girlfriend or current squeeze...or an ex-lover who talks of her time with the Wentster. With interviews he is pretty vague about marriage and kids. That seems like he really isn't into it...when most sex symbols are hard-pressed about it.

There was a girlfriend talked about last year. Some fans out there were chatting about a woman of Asian appearance he hung out with a lot. And that he was rumoured to date a low key civilian girlfriend. It doesn't mean that's true, but I do remember reading that somewhere. This was after the Perez Hilton BI though so it could have been typical fans kneejerk reaction.He just seems private and discreet about his personal life. Sadly, the bigger star he sails on the more likely that side of his life will become not only a talking point but a reason for press intrusion. That's part of the reason I believe (and as difficult as it is) they should be more honest. Spares them the grief and hassle and hiding later. But it's hard to be upfront in an industry so biased.

I hope someone has the story or posts the link about Went's ex's...I never heard about them, be interesting to know his tastes. And please don't go all Virtualinsanity about it... :rolleyes:

What?!?! You want a stinking link!??! :D

I remember reading that too, but then also another story where he was seen out with a guy. I'm hearing both, so until I see actual pics of him making out with someone I'm on the fence. (although in my dreams he's very straight :D)

And I thought he was from the mid west, not British??  :huh:

Miller has at least one thing more in common with the great British Hopkins: though he was raised in Brooklyn, Miller was actually born in the UK - in Chipping Norton, England where his father, a Rhodes Scholar, was studying.

sayeth imdb.Link to his site needed? :D

And I thought he was from the mid west, not British??  :huh:

Miller has at least one thing more in common with the great British Hopkins: though he was raised in Brooklyn, Miller was actually born in the UK - in Chipping Norton, England where his father, a Rhodes Scholar, was studying.

sayeth imdb.Link to his site needed? :D
From what I know of him he's a product of the US school system more than any British one. He left the UK when very young so probably has few memories of time spent there. It's nice that he's got the UK connection, but it really is fleeting as he's spent most of his life in America from what I've read. Edited by GimmeSumSugar

justjarad.comFilming for season two of Prison Break begins June 15 in the Dallas area. Prison Break is currently on the lookout for a nemesis to star opposite Michael Scofield (Wentworth Miller). PB producer Garry Brown chose the Dallas region because a wide variety of settings were available from rural to urban, all in close proximity. Wentworth will start living up to his nickname this season on set -- Stinky!The PB season finale was kind of disappointing; it's hopefully not a harbinger of things to come -- like the cursed sophomore slump! Above are recent pictures of Wentworth Miller passing through LAX airport.

people.comCaught in the ActWentworth Miller, browsing through the DVD rentals at an L.A. Blockbuster store. The Prison Break star attempted to go incognito in a sun hat and ultimately ended up not renting a movie.

justjarad.comWest Hollywood, CA :: Prison Break actor Wentworth Miller, 33, was all smiles as he recently picked up his mail (he reads US Weekly!) from the Miracle Mile Finance Station post office on Wilshire Blvd. in Los Angeles. Prison Break resumes filming in the Dallas area in nearly two weeks -- June 15!