Sign in to follow this  
princess

Julianne Moore

<strong>Moore Opts for Less at Intimate Wedding</strong>ALISON M. ROSENpeople.comLissome leading lady Julianne Moore , 42, tied the knot to her longtime boyfriend, writer-director Bart Freundlich, 33, in a small, intimate ceremony Saturday, the New York Post reports.The pair, who met in 1996 on the set of Freundlich's "The Myth of Fingerprints," said their "I do's" at an undisclosed location and then celebrated until the wee hours at their West Village duplex, Moore's assistant Dan McCann tells the Post.On hand for the festivities was a 36-person guest list that included Moore's pal Ellen Barkin (who lent Moore the long, sparkly earrings she wore for the occasion), Barkin's husband, Revlon honcho Ron Perelman, Billy Crudup and Peter Berg.The bride, having apparently ditched traditional white for something a little less conventional, returned to her apartment wearing an elegant sleeveless lilac dress by Prada with Prada shoes. She carried their 1-year-old daughter Liv in her arms.The groom wore a cream-colored suit and lilac tie that matched Moore's dress. He entered the apartment holding hands with the couple's son Caleb, 5.This is the second trip down the aisle for the Moore. The star of "Boogie Nights" and "The Hours" was previously married to John Gould Rubin. The two divorced in 1995.

Posted Image

MAGIC MOMENT: Longtime couple Julianne Moore and Bart Freundlich finally make it official. The couple (along with son Caleb, 5) pause for a family photo as they leave their wedding reception.

(marcelthomasimages.com)

people.com

FAB FAN

Julianne Moore went from guest of honor to rabid fan when the cast from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy showed up at the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation's Media Awards at New York's Marriott Marquis this week. "Oh my God, the Queer Eye guys are here!" said the actress, who was honored at the event. Moore was ushered into the VIP cocktail room, where she hugged the Fab Five. "Oh, I love that show," she told us. "They always try to find the best in everybody and they enhance it, which I think is a wonderful thing."

I've seen a ton of pics on the mags of her and her family down here in San Diego going to Sea World and other local attractions.

Julianne Bares All for Arty Spread

imdb.com

Stunning redhead Julianne Moore has bared all for an arty 42-page spread in American high-society magazine W . The actress appears lounging provocatively on a chaise lounge, wearing only gold-colored shoes and a huge red ring as part of a three-story spread - told in pictures. The naked picture, shot by Michael Thompson, begins a pictorial tale about a Mrs Robinson-type diva who seduces a younger man. The spread also features an odd tale of a woman who loses her nose, shot by video maker Michel Gondry , who manages to erase the actress' nose in one of the shots and has her attending a business meeting wearing a fake nose and glasses in another. The shots can be seen in the September W.

:huh: Seems like an odd choice for her....

Posted Image

Julianne Moore and director husband Bart Freundlich sneak a smooch break while filming Trust the Man on Nov. 22 in New York. This is the couple's third collaboration together; they first met on the set of 1997's The Myth of Fingerprints.

Posted Image

Julianne Moore and her husband, writer-director Bart Freundlich, take in a John Galliano fashion show in Paris on Tuesday. The New York-based couple just completed their third project together, the romantic comedy Trust the Man, due out later this year.

Tales of a desperate housewife October 2, 2005 Julianne Moore isn't shy about airing her dirty laundry in public. In fact, the story she's about to tell reeks of personal details."This summer, we rented this little house by the beach. It was me, my husband Bart, and our two kids. All I can say is I did more laundry than I ever thought was possible," says the famous redhead. "My son likes to play in his socks outside. Every five minutes, I'm like, 'Those socks are filthy. Hand them over right now.' Suddenly, I'd be standing there with another mound of laundry."Call her an Oscar-nominated desperate housewife. Moore plays a desperate housewife of another era in "The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio," which opened Friday. Based on a true story, Moore plays Evelyn Ryan, a woman who enters several national jingle-writing contests in the 1950s in order to help feed her 10 children while her hard-drinking husband (Woody Harrelson) digs them into financial holes."There was a period of time in America where the advertising world actually went to the housewives of America and had them write jingles that would appeal to them," Moore says. "It was actually brilliant marketing."Moore's character Evelyn is a former newspaper writer who juggles her kids and a husband who wanted to be a singer. A freak accident ruins his voice and destroys his spirit. That's why he spends the little money he makes at the liquor store."It's all on one woman who doesn't even have a job to feed and raise her 10 children. Can you believe it? Ten children," Moore says. "I pat myself on the back that I have two children, a job, and I'm doing OK. I'm managing. This woman was astonishing. She had all the stress and no help. She couldn't work outside the home, but had to find a way for her children to eat."The amazing thing is that this woman never gets really depressed," Moore says. "She feels confident. You watch her being able to handle anything."Evelyn's true problems arise from her husband, who kills her joy. Each time she wins a refrigerator, a shopping spree, or even cash from her jingles, he finds a way to ruin the moment, including beating her new deep freezer with a bat."Finally, she says what I think is the most profound line of the movie between this husband and wife," Moore says. "She says, 'I don't need you to make me happy. I need you to leave me alone when I am.'"The movie basically says that you have to create your own happiness. You also have to express yourself even if you don't seem to have an outlet, which is why this woman wrote jingles for contests."The real Evelyn died in 1998. Moore was able to talk to several of her children to get a handle on the character."The kids even came to the set," Moore says. "And they brought Evelyn's grandchildren. Her best friend, who is still alive, came to the set. This is the friend who took Evelyn to buy her first pantsuit at J.C. Penney, which was a big deal."Moore says the idea of playing a prize-winner was a bit foreign to her."Once, I won $246 in a slot machine," she says. "I didn't even enter contests as a kid. I did once send away for a Captain Crunch watch, but it never came."What might be coming Moore's way in the coming months is a little statue named Oscar. There's buzz she might get a Best Actress nod for either "Prize Winner" or the upcoming "Freedomland," based on the Richard Price novel. In that film, Moore plays Brenda Martin, a single mother who accuses a man from the projects of kidnapping her young daughter, who is now feared dead. Her accusations spark a racial explosion. The film also stars Samuel L. Jackson as the detective on the case and Edie Falco as a woman who looks for missing children."Basically, I play a white woman who walks into a black hospital in the middle of the night and says she was carjacked by a black man," she says. "It's about class division and poverty. In the end, it's really about how alike we are as human beings."A big bonus for Moore was she got to work on her home turf of New York City. "It was fantastic to star in an urban, East Coast story. We shot in Brooklyn, and I was home every single night, which was really fantastic. I couldn't have been happier," she says.The other bonus was working with Jackson. "I don't think there is anyone cooler than Sam Jackson," she says. "At the end, he not only gave me a Kangol hat, which made me feel cool, but he also gave me a necklace with my initials on the front and his on the back."As for the Oscar buzz, Moore sighs."All I really want is for people to enjoy my movies," she says. "I want my work to be good, regardless of the other stuff like awards." In another breath, she adds, "Of course, you can't help but get caught up in the Oscar mania. But I think of it like hair."An explanation is in order."OK, if you had a hairdo that you liked, but everyone hated your hair, including your man, then you'd be sad. It's the same thing with movies. I love these movies and if someone else likes them, too, then I'll just be thrilled."I won't lie," she says. "I want to be in movies that everyone likes."In 2003, Moore married director Bart Freundlich, the father of her son Cal, 7, and daughter Liv, 3. Freundlich also directed Moore in "Trust the Man," an upcoming film starring David Duchovny.At home, neither focuses on Hollywood. "It's all about the kids," she says. "Cal is a big boy now and very much into sports. He's adorable. Liv is so cute, and she wants to be like Mommy."Moore sounds very much like any working mother when she laments packing her bags after this interview."I leave for London tonight and I'll be all by myself. It's awful," she says. "Of course, the first few days are great. I'll watch TV, hang out, read. But then I miss my family so terribly."The toughest part is the second night, when my daughter will call and say, 'Where are you, Mom? Are you coming home tomorrow?' And you have to say, 'Not yet, honey.'"I can't wait to get home and wash all those socks," she says

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/indexd?blogid=7

Moore Stands Behind Director Tamahori

Actress Julianne Moore is sticking by director Lee Tamahori after the

filmmaker was arrested for posing as a drag prostitute in Los Angeles last

month.

Moore is set to work with the "Die Another Day" director on the new movie

"Next" and insists she wouldn't think about pulling out of the project

because of Tamahori's scandal.

She says, "I feel bad for him. I think the experience was probably pretty

upsetting and humiliating and he's been very, very brave about it."

The former James Bond director was arraigned in Los Angeles last week after

allegedly soliciting an undercover cop, while dressed as a woman.

The director was arrested in Hollywood last month, after he approached the

police officer who was in his car, entered the vehicle and offered to

perform a sex act for money.

Julianne on her way to gay pride march...kidding...just out and about. :)

Woof.Talk about Ginger Kids...she has man legs too, it kind of looks like she has hair on them. Is she going the Cynthia Nixon way?

Woof.Talk about Ginger Kids...she has man legs too, it kind of looks like she has hair on them. Is she going the Cynthia Nixon way?
If you slide the pic down so you can only see it from the waist down, it also looks like there's a package. What's she thinking?

WHITE KNUCKLESJULIANNE Moore became a movie star only after she forced herself to learn how to drive. The flame-haired actress tells C magazine: "I didn't learn to drive until I was 27 . . . Back in L.A., going to auditions, I white-knuckled it on the road." Moore also says she prefers life in New York. "There's less pressure in New York. Nobody bothers me there. It's not a one-industry town." And on being a burgundy bombshell, Moore says, "Having red hair limits your clothing palette."

So I'm reading the August Vogue in the mornings when I dry my hair (I rarely get this magazine, but they had it on sale at Costco and it looked interesting this month, what can I say?) Anyway, it's a style through ages issue and for the 50s, they profiled Ellen Barkin--who's best friends with Julianne Moore. Ellen jokes about how she calls her up and says "Julie, if I see ONE more picture of you in jeans and birkenstocks in the Post...." I thought that was really funny :D But Ellen goes on to say something like "when you have your style, what can you do?"

Saved by the Freundlich maneuverJulianne Moore and Bart Freundlich, who directed her in his New York-based romantic comedy "Trust the Man," swear the adultery part isn't based on their marriage.But when it comes to cake, art did imitate their life.In the flick, Moore's character is preparing for a play and gives up eating carbo­hydrates, only to binge on a large piece of birthday cake late at night and choke in front of her husband, played by David Duchovny."The cake thing really happened. She had such a big piece in her mouth. I saved her. It was in L.A. around Golden Globes time. And it was my birthday," Freundlich told our Patrick Huguenin. "She's in this nice, beautiful dress and she's wearing a $100,000 necklace. I come out of the bathroom and see her choking." Moore added, "It was my first Golden Globes and I was nervous. I hadn't eaten all day and I was sucking it down. And I choked."

Julianne Moore stays close to home in new movieJulianne Moore plays an actress whose husband cheats on her and is a self-confessed sex addict in her new film "Trust the Man," which was written and directed by her husband, Bart Freundlich.But don't go making assumptions about their marriage, they hasten to say while promoting the film in New York, where they live. The movie was filmed on the city's streets and in the restaurants and bars they frequent in Greenwich Village."I've never been to a sex addicts' meeting, although I think probably every guy thinks he's a sex addict if you ask him," said Freundlich. He has two young children with Moore, as do the couple in the movie, which opens on Friday. Both of Moore's children appear in the film as her children.Oscar-nominated Moore plays Rebecca, whose marriage to Tom, played by David Duchovny, is in a rut. Her brother Tobey, played by Billy Crudup, is a lazy slacker unwilling to commit to his girlfriend, Elaine, played by Maggie Gyllenhaal.Freundlich said there were elements of his character in both men in the film, a romantic comedy about the gulf between the way men and women approach life. "They're both extremes," he said. "I'm somewhere between the two of them ... I'm sort of freelance like Tobey is (but) I don't sit in my car and make grilled cheese. I don't cheat on my wife, I don't stay home and take care of the kids all the time, but I do some of the time."Moore said while there was a certain amount of autobiography in the movie, particularly "the affection and the importance of our relationship and our family life," it was a mistake to take movies too literally."You have a germ of an idea in something that might be based in a reality but not all of it's true, it's just to illuminate something," she said in an interview. She added that a scene where she chokes while gulping down a slice of cake late at night was inspired by something that really happened.BEYOND AUTOBIOGRAPHYFreundlich, who met Moore when he directed her in "The Myth of Fingerprints" a decade ago, said "Trust the Man" was more personal than his previous work because of the subject matter."But because it was through a comedic lens, it was really blown up beyond the point of autobiography," he said."It was like, OK, I watched Julie choke on a cake once. Imagine if I had to give her the Heimlich maneuver, and imagine if we had just come home and we hadn't had sex for a long time and she was like 'We're going to have sex tonight,' and that happened," he said.The movie has won a mixed reception in early reviews, with some comparisons to Woody Allen's quirky Manhattan-focused view of the world and relationships, but also some criticism about its failure to break the mold of a "stagnating genre."Moore, who has four Oscar nominations to her name for films such as "The Hours" and "The End of the Affair," said she can't help taking reviews to heart, especially if they're bad. "It's still incredibly painful," she said. "Someone will always read it to you even if you've managed to not look at it."But she added, "If you're going to bask in the glow of the good stuff, you have to take the killer stuff."Moore started her career in daytime soap operas such as "As the World Turns" and she's had her share of misses along with the hits, but she said she didn't regret any of her choices."It's a bit like bad boyfriends, how would you know a good one unless you've had a couple of bad ones?"

Julianne's sad puppy dog tale Julianne Moore, husband Bart Freundlich and son Cal are at the Chelsea West Cinemas for the premiere of the movie 'Trust the Man.' He wrote and directed the film. There were tears in the Julianne Moore household after the family's new puggle puppy died of distemper after just three weeks. And the actress isn't pleased with the Brooklyn pet store that sold her the ailing pooch."Julianne and the kids were very upset," says a source. "She called the store to complain after hearing others from her dog's litter suffered the same fate, but the store denied responsibility."A manager at Puppy Paradise on Flatbush Ave. confirmed Moore bought her dog there, but told us he didn't know it had died. He denied any of their dogs were sick.However, Moore soon found a way to put smiles back on the faces of Caleb, 8, and Liv, 4, her children with ­director-husband Bart Freundlich. The family now has a 7-month-old terrier/Labrador mix named Cherry, which they bought from a breeder.

MOMMY AND ME

Julianne Moore shuttles look-alike daughter Liv, 4 – and a bouquet of balloons – around lower Manhattan on Wednesday. The two redheads hit the shops for some mother-daughter bonding.

Posted Image

'CHILDREN''S HOUR

Julianne Moore takes a night off from the lights of Broadway to warm up to Josh Hartnett at a New York City screening of her film Children of Men on Monday. The futuristic drama also stars Hartnett's Sin City costar, Clive Owen.

Posted Image

CHILD'S PLAY

The frigid New York City temperatures aren't keeping Julianne Moore and daughter Liv, 4, from enjoying the simple pleasures of life – like chasing a newspaper blown in the wind and doing some window shopping on Thursday.

Posted Image

Moore, Ryder to star in 'Pippa Lee'

LOS ANGELES, Oct. 30 (UPI) -- U.S. actresses Julianne Moore and Winona Ryder are set to star in director Rebecca Miller's screen adaptation of her novel "The Private Lives of Pippa Lee."

Also joining the cast is "Breaking and Entering" and "The Princess Bride" actress Robin Wright Penn, Variety.com reported Tuesday.

Miller, whose films include "Personal Velocity" and "The Ballad of Jack and Rose," is the daughter of late playwright Arthur Miller, who wrote the drama, "The Crucible." Ryder starred in the 1996 film version of "The Crucible," alongside Rebecca Miller's husband, Daniel Day-Lewis.

"Pippa Lee" is a drama-comedy about a put-upon wife whose husband falls for a younger woman, paving the way for "a very quiet nervous breakdown, the trade paper said.

Miller is slated to begin shooting the film in April in Connecticut.

Ryder has starred in "The Age of Innocence," "Bram Stoker's Dracula," "Little Women," "Reality Bites" and "Girl, Interrupted."

Moore is known for her roles in "Children of Men," "The Hours," "Hannibal" and "An Ideal Husband."

Julianne Moore's bid for a cure

Posted Image

(CNN) -- Julianne Moore was running errands in Manhattan when she heard Tom Lindsey call out to her.

art.moore.heroes.jpg

Julianne Moore and Tommy Lindsey; Moore said the Lindseys are "working very, very hard to bring awareness and find a cure" for TSC.

At first the actress thought he was just another fan, but she soon realized Lindsey wanted much more than an autograph.

He explained that his 3-year-old son Tommy suffered from a disease called tuberous sclerosis complex and that he and his wife were trying to raise awareness about it.

"He said, 'We need somebody's help,'" Moore remembers. "'We're having this gala ... could you come?'"

While Moore had received similar invitations before, there was something about his story that touched her. She attended the event and began a partnership with the Lindseys that has lasted for five years and raised more than $1 million for TSC research. Video Watch Moore and the Lindseys talk about TSC »

Before their son was born in 1999, Staten Islanders Tom and Peggy Lindsey had never heard of TSC. When they noticed that Tommy would occasionally twitch in his car seat, they had some concerns.

While their family and pediatrician tried to convince them it was normal, they eventually brought the baby -- then 5 weeks old -- to the emergency room. After a battery of tests, the Lindseys were told their son had Tuberous Sclerosis Complex; the seizures were being caused by tumors that had engulfed one side of his brain.

The neurologist who delivered the news wasn't optimistic. Peggy Lindsey remembers being told, "He'll never walk. He'll never talk. You should consider an institution." Tom Lindsey recalls it was "a very dark day."

TSC is a genetic disorder which causes tumors to form in various organs, primarily the brain, eyes, heart, skin, kidneys, liver and lungs.

According to the Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance, a support group for families, at least two children a day are born with TSC and approximately 1 million people worldwide suffer from the disease.

Don't Miss

Some people are severely impacted, suffering seizures, severe mental retardation and physical handicaps, while others are more mildly affected. The fact that symptoms vary so widely contributes to the disease being frequently misdiagnosed.

"It's just as common as cystic fibrosis, " says Tom Lindsey. "Yet no one in the medical community is familiar with it."

Horrified by the doctor's diagnosis, the Lindseys sought a second opinion. Tommy was treated with anti-seizure medication but still suffered about 50 seizures a day, which slowed his development; by the time he was 3, he only had the maturity level of a 17-month-old.

Eventually the Lindseys decided to have him undergo brain surgery to remove the tumors. Three surgeries later, the seizures stopped and in time Tommy learned to speak.

While Tommy's health problems nearly consumed the Lindseys' lives, they also knew they had to do something to help others.

"We made a pact that we weren't going to allow this to happen to anyone else, if there was anything that we could do about it," Tom says. "We decided we wanted to make tubular sclerosis a household name."

By using the media to raise awareness, they hoped to make TSC as mainstream as multiple sclerosis, Lou Gehrig's disease or breast cancer -- resulting in more research funding and, one day, a cure.

The Lindseys threw themselves into their work. While they would eventually raise close to $200,000 for research, they knew the best way to get media attention was to find a famous face to sign on to their cause; they approached numerous celebrities but to no avail.

Then one evening in 2002, Tom Lindsey walked past Julianne Moore on the street -- and their fortunes changed.

Since then, Moore has become a committed and outspoken advocate for TSC. She's raised more than $500,000 through fundraising events with Lacoste, Cartier and Fredericks of Hollywood, and in April 2005 she testified on Capitol Hill and helped get a $1.2 million increase in research funding from the Department of Defense.

To honor her commitment and dedication, the TS Alliance founded the Julianne Moore Research Fund.

Today, Tommy is 8 years old. He still has residual brain damage, but he's working with a behaviorist and speech therapist and is now able to ride a specially modified bike.

While Peggy Lindsey spends most of her time caring for Tommy and his 2-year-old sister Abigail, she also manages to devote considerable time to TSC advocacy.

Tom Lindsey, who holds down two jobs to help pay the family's medical bills, also works tirelessly for the cause, traveling to Washington every year to lobby for more research funding.

advertisement

Together, the Lindseys and Moore have brought global attention to a disease that affects approximately 50,000 people in the United States.

"It's not necessarily that ... I can really fix my son," Tom Lindsey said. "I can hope that my son's life is going to fix everyone else coming in behind him."