Sign in to follow this  
Cutielb99

Jennifer Hudson

Is JHud starting to display diva behavior?

Oh man I HOPE so, I miss having a real Diva around. Miss Ross & Miss Houston have been way to low key lately & the world needs Divas Dammit.

Jennifer Hudson Refutes "Diva" Label

Filed under: Jennifer Hudson

(Splash)

Effie ain't feeling the accusations people have been making about her, saying that she's gotten a little too big for her brazier. Figuratively.

She tells Jawn Murray of "The Tom Joyner Morning Show" that she's been "hurt" by the backlash since her Oscar triumph, especially allegations that she tried to ditch the "Soul Train Music Awards" and that she demeaned "American Idol" as a mere "stepping stone." Page Six reported last week that Hudson tried to back out of the "Soul Train " show, where she received an award. "Why would they dog me out after I was one of the only people to show up on the show?" asks Hudson.

And as for her calling "Idol" a stepping stone -- to which Simon Cowell made a pointed and sneering reference on a recent episode -- Hudson acknowledges that she did, but says, "I didn't mean it in a bad way ... 'American Idol' is a stepping stone because had it not been for them, no one would have known of a Jennifer Hudson to call to audition for 'Dreamgirls.'" Hudson adds that she's actually met this year's "Idol" contenders and taped a segment with them -- all at her own request.

She went on to say that she feels everything that she says publicly lately is twisted around to make her look like a "diva." It's probably true. That happens to me. Just the other day, I said to the lady who was standing around at the self-checkout down at the Stop -N-Shop - "how come these things never work?" I was trying to scan my can of Hormel corned beef hash. And she was all dude, you a diva, under her breath as she helped me out. I know she saw me on page 49 of Life & Style last month and thought that I was all up on myself, and that I thought I deserved special treatment. I don't think that. I just want to be able to scan my damn can of hash! Morrissey was right when he said that we hate it when our friends become successful. I'm just happy I could work Jennifer Hudson and Morrissey into the same post. I'm a bridge-builder. The bridges I build span the gaps between the pop culture nations. *bows*

panachereport.com

Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson is the favorite to bring jazz and blues legend Billie Holiday back to life on the big screen - and it's all thanks to New York columnist Liz Smith.

The gossip queen suggested the “Dreamgirls,” star would be the perfect choice to play Holiday in a potential remake of the original 1972 Diana Ross-starring biopic “Lady Sings The Blues.” Smith didn't know that the biopic's producer, Jay Weston, was considering a revamp of his film -and her pick of Hudson was music to his ears.

In her Daily Variety column yesterday morning, Smith revealed Weston had written to her to inform her he was now in negotiations with Hudson about the film project. Weston told Smith, "I have always wanted to go back and do a more authentic version of her (Holiday) story.

"Recently, we developed a wonderful new treatment about the true love affair that Billie had with the black DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) agent who eventually had to arrest her. "I was lunching... the other day and Jennifer Hudson walked by and I suddenly realized she would be perfect (for the role)... so we are now pursuing her."

If she takes the role, this will be Hudson's second movie connection to soul star Ross - Dreamgirls is loosely based on the story of super group The Supremes, which was fronted by Ross.

In Related News: star Jennifer Hudson has hit back at reports she was spotted drinking heavily with singer pal Fantasia Barrino. The New York Post claimed the two former “American Idol,” stars were intoxicated as they left a club in Hudson's native Chicago, Illinois, but the Oscar winner insists that isn't possible. In a recent blog, the Dreamgirls star revealed she's a committed non-drinker and only sips "water, juice and skim milk." The Post is standing by its story.

It Ain't Finger-Lickin' Good

Posted Mar 22nd 2007 6:05PM by TMZ Staff

Filed under: Music, Life Style

TMZ has learned Jennifer Hudson was drop-kicked by Starbucks after her agent made some crazy demands over a performance -- but Jennifer could be the victim.

Sources say Hudson was slated to perform yesterday at the Starbucks annual shareholders meeting in Seattle. But then the demands started. Among them -- five town cars for herself, hair and makeup artists, security and her assistant. But wait, there's more. Humidifiers were part of the backstage demands.

But the final straw came when Hudson's William Morris agent notified Starbucks: Hudson would need baked CHICKEN WINGS at 10:00 AM.

We're told at that point, Starbucks Chairman Howard Schultz had enough and pulled the plug because he didn't like the way the agent was dealing with his people.

But we've learned Hudson -- who has taken heat recently -- had no idea that these demands were being made. We're told her agent put together a wish list on her own, and it was sent over to Starbucks with Hudson in the dark.

William Morris had no comment.

But then the demands started. Among them -- five town cars for herself, hair and makeup artists, security and her assistant. But wait, there's more. Humidifiers were part of the backstage demands.

But the final straw came when Hudson's William Morris agent notified Starbucks: Hudson would need baked CHICKEN WINGS at 10:00 AM.

Humidifiers I actually can understand, because it's hard (even potentially damaging) to sing with dry vocal cords. But it seems like with such an entourage, someone could pick up a couple of humidifiers. :huh:

She can claim that everything is a misunderstanding if she likes, but given the number of "misunderstandings" lately, and from multiple sources, I don't think I believe her. ;)

She can claim that everything is a misunderstanding if she likes, but given the number of "misunderstandings" lately, and from multiple sources, I don't think I believe her. ;)

I think she has become an overnight DIVA!

When you have an Oscar, a Golden Globe, a SAG and you sing like a Diva - well, by all means go for it. Diva's make the world go round, so why not have a selfish little girl around making unnecessary demands. At least she's not shooting up heroin and getting knocked up my Tom Brady or Kevin Federline - she's just a very..."demanding" person.

When you have an Oscar, a Golden Globe, a SAG and you sing like a Diva - well, by all means go for it. Diva's make the world go round, so why not have a selfish little girl around making unnecessary demands. At least she's not shooting up heroin and getting knocked up my Tom Brady or Kevin Federline - she's just a very..."demanding" person.

Just give her a little time...Hollywood will take the stuffing right out of her. She will be a size zero, coke snorting fiend within a year or two.

JENNIFER HUDSON GETTING ENGAGED!!!

April 04, 2007.

MediaTakeOut.com has learned that Jennifer Hudson may be getting engaged shortly. OK! Magazine is reporting that Jennifer's longtime boyfriend James Payton is "preparing to propose." According to the magazine, James, who works as a janitor, is waiting to "catch the right romantic moments with her."

And that's not all. The magazine is claiming that Jennifer may have anticipated the special moment because she has reportedly been "consulting" with jewelry designers to create the "perfect engagement ring."

An unnamed source tells OK! Magazine that Jennifer "Wants it to be something special and very personal ... [her] style is elegant and classy. She's not interested in having a huge rock. She wants it to be tasteful."

Jennifer Hudson Does a Good Thing

Filed under: Events , Jennifer Hudson

Posted Image

Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson was the star of the 2007 Lupus Foundation of America's (LFA) 4th Annual Awards Gala held in Washington, D.C. last night. The actress/singer was on hand to perform three songs for the event in which actor Malcolm-Jamal Warner (Theo Huxtable from "The Cosby Show") served as Master of Ceremonies.

Honorees for this years event were U.S. Senator Richard Durbin, (D-IL), the Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith Foundation, Lisa Price, founder of the Carol's Daughter Cosmetics, and H. Thomas Watkins, President & CEO of Human Genome Sciences on behalf of LFA for their efforts to bring national attention and resources to the fight against lupus.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted by: Jessica Marx

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/10/jennif..._good_thing.php

All AP News

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beyonce Nominated for 6 BET Awards

Beyonce earned a leading six nominations Wednesday for the 2007 BET Awards, including nominations for top female R&B artist, video for "Irreplaceable" and duets with Jay-Z on "Deja Vu" and "Upgrade U."

"Dreamgirls" Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson, R&B singer Ciara, hip-hop's Akon and the group Gnarls Barkley all had three nominations.

The Black Entertainment Television Awards in music, television, film and sports will be presented June 26. Mo'Nique is slated to host the show on cable's BET Network from the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. Performers include 50 Cent and T.I.

Diana Ross will be honored with BET's Lifetime Achievement Award and Don Cheadle will be given the Humanitarian Award for his efforts at ending genocide in Darfur.

The list of nominees include:

Male Hip Hop: Diddy, Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, Ludacris, T.I.

Collaboration: Akon featuring Snoop Dogg, "I Wanna Love You"; Beyonce featuring Jay-Z, "Deja Vu"; Beyonce featuring Jay-Z, "Upgrade U"; Diddy featuring Keyshia Cole, "Last Night"; Ludacris featuring Mary J. Blige, "Runaway Love."

Female R&B: Beyonce, Mary J. Blige, Ciara, Jennifer Hudson, Corinne Bailey Rae.

Male R&B: Akon, John Legend, Gerald Levert, Ne-Yo, Robin Thicke.

Group: Gnarls Barkley, Mary Mary, Outkast, Pretty Ricky, Three Six Mafia.

New Artist: Lupe Fiasco, Gnarls Barkley, Jennifer Hudson, MIMS, Corinne Bailey Rae.

Gospel Artist: Shirley Caesar, Kirk Franklin, Fred Hammond, Dave Hollister, Mary Mary.

Video of the Year: Akon featuring Snoop Dogg, "I Wanna Love You"; Beyonce, "Irreplaceable"; Beyonce & Shakira, "Beautiful Liar"; Ciara, "Like a Boy"; Gnarls Barkley, "Crazy."

Actress: Tichina Arnold, Angela Bassett, Jennifer Hudson, Kerry Washington, Chandra Wilson.

Actor: Idris Elba, Jamie Foxx, Eddie Murphy, Will Smith, Forest Whitaker.

Female Athlete: Swin Cash, Tamika Catchings, Gail Devers, Lisa Leslie, Serena Williams.

Male Athlete: Reggie Bush, LeBron James, Floyd Mayweather Jr., Dwyane Wade, Tiger Woods.

BET J Cool Like That award: Gerald Levert, Brian McKnight, Eric Roberson, Musiq Soulchild, Elisabeth Withers.

BET Choice award: Beyonce, "Irreplaceable"; Birdman & Lil Wayne, "Stuntin' Like My Daddy"; Bow Wow featuring Chris Brown, "Shortie Like Mine"; Ciara, "Because of You"; Robin Thicke, "Lost Without You"; UNK "Walk It Out."

___

On the Net:

http://www.bet.com/

ASL PARTY PATROL: Jennifer Hudson at Long Beach Gay Pride

Filed under: Jennifer Hudson , Party Patrol

Posted Image

Before I even left town for Long Beach Gay Pride, a friend of mine who works at the MAC make-up counter was lucky enough to get to apply Jennifer Hudson's make-up for her last week and nearly lost his ever-loving mind. That was the precursor to getting to see her perform this past Sunday to see her perform during the festivities.

Unfortunately Jennifer's album isn't out yet, so she mainly sang song from "Dreamgirls." She even joked that she'll come back when she has actually has songs of her own to sing for the gays. It basically ended up feeling like I was attending an Effie White concert. And even when she was done singing all the songs from the film, she brought a couple of people from the audience up to sing with her, since she had time to kill. Nevertheless, she still blew us all away. If she can draw a crowd like that without even having an album, she may become my new diva. I'm just kidding Beyonce. You're still my girl.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/22/asl_pa...h_gay_pride.php

Rapper/producer Missy Elliott has tipped Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson to play her in a Hollywood movie of her life.

The star thinks the Dreamgirls actress and former American Idol contestant would be perfect to take on her life on the big screen. She says, "Being as she's a heavier-sized artist, she is in the same lane as I was when I first came out.

She'd be closest to me."

Source: Panachereport

Rapper/producer Missy Elliott has tipped Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson to play her in a Hollywood movie of her life.

The star thinks the Dreamgirls actress and former American Idol contestant would be perfect to take on her life on the big screen. She says, "Being as she's a heavier-sized artist, she is in the same lane as I was when I first came out.

She'd be closest to me."

Someone actually thinks that a movie about Missy Elliott is a money making idea? Oh wait. I'll bet the person who thought of that is Missy Elliott. Hardly a legend. Unless you count her own opinion of herself.

She'd be closest to me."

Someone actually thinks that a movie about Missy Elliott is a money making idea? Oh wait. I'll bet the person who thought of that is Missy Elliott. Hardly a legend. Unless you count her own opinion of herself.

;)

JHud would never do it anyway....as I'm sure she's waiting for the offers to pour in to do her own life story on film.

Hudson moves to "Sex and the City" movie

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter)

Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson has joined the cast of "Sex and the City: The Movie," which begins filming next week in New York.

Hudson will play the assistant to Sarah Jessica Parker's character, Carrie Bradshaw, in the film based on the hit HBO comedy series.

In July, the show's four leads, including Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon, came aboard for the film after New Line Cinema agreed to finance and distribute it. Chris Noth also joined the cast to reprise his role as Mr. Big.

Michael Patrick King is writing and directing.

Hudson, who won an Oscar for her supporting role in "Dreamgirls," recently completed production on the ensemble drama "Winged Creatures" starring Kate Beckinsale, Forrest Whitaker, Jackie Earle Haley and Dakota Fanning. Sony is distributing the film.

The former "American Idol" contestant is also in the studio working on her debut album for Arista Records, due for release in the first quarter of 2008.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Changed Your Mind?

http://www.dlisted.com/

Jennifer Hudson has signed on for a role in the "Sex and the City" movie which begins shooting September 19th in NYC. Jennifer will play Carrie Bradshaw's assistant. Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon will all be back. The film will take place 4 years after the show's finale which was in 2004.

So does this mean Samantha's tits are going to be covered up, because earlier this year Jennifer said she turned down $3 million to appear in a movie due to a nude scene in the movie. The nude scene didn't even involve her character! She even went so far to say she would never EVER act in a movie that had nudity, because she's a role model to young, black women.

Dumb bitch should've kept her mouth shut, because now she looks stupid or maybe they are planning to keep those crows covered. Doubt it!

Here is JHud at the VMAs. I don't blame her for the awful wig. I blame Beyonce. You know she sabotaged her ass!

Posted Image

What's with all the bad wigs on these girls? They need to invest in a little device called a mirror. And they should use said little device before placing shiny, acrylic fibers on their head and venturing out in public and proudly posing before image-capturing devices. Heck, I'd look way more natural if I placed my tabby cat on my head!

Is This J-Hud’s New Look?

http://www.evilbeetgossip.com/

I know you thought Jennifer Hudson couldn’t find a stranger outfit than that Oscars get-up, but you hadn’t yet considered the Sex and the City stylists.

J-Hud showed up on the set of the SATC movie, in Greenwich Village, to film her role as Carrie Bradshaw’s assistant on Tuesday. Her hair and make-up are really, really pretty, but I just don’t think there’s anyone but Carrie Bradshaw who can pull off those boots with that top and purse.

Don't Do That

http://www.dlisted.com/

Posted Image

Do people think they look sexy when they blow kisses on the red carpet? It's worse than the peace sign! You aren't Marilyn Monroe! Not only do you look stupid, but the photogs don't want a whiff of your stank breath!

Jennifer Hudson looks lovely when she just stands there and fake smiles. No other action is required. Here's JHud at the Project ALS 10th Anniversary last night.

Posted Image

Hudson, Latifah in 'Life of Bees'

Jennifer Hudson, Queen Latifah, and Sophie Okonedo (Hotel Rwanda) will star in Fox Searchlight's movie adaptation of Sue Monk Kid's best-selling 2002 novel The Secret Life of Bees. Dakota Fanning is in talks to star as the story's 14-year-old girl who runs away from home and takes up with three eccentric beekeeping sisters. Hudson will play the girl's caregiver, and only friend, who runs away with her. Latifah and Okonedo will play two of the sisters, and Alicia Keys is in talks to play the third. Gina Prince-Bythewood (Love & Basketball) will direct from her own script, which was finished before the writers' strike. Shooting on Bees is scheduled to start in early January for release some time in 2008. Hudson is currently shooting the Sex in the City movie and has a role in the Columbia drama Winged Creatures, which also features Fanning. Latifah will next be seen in the Overture comedy Mad Money and the Fox ensemble comedy What Happens in Vegas. Okonedo's upcoming projects include a role opposite Sam Neill in the indie Skin, and Fanning is currently shooting Summit's supernatural thriller Push. Bythewood is also working on an adaptation of another best-seller, Wally Lamb's I Know This Much Is True, for Fox 2000. (Hollywood Reporter)