princess

Natalie Portman

http://www.sfgate.com/columnists/dailydish/ BALD PORTMAN GETS STOPPED Actress Natalie Portman was stopped by New York police recently, and has blamed her newly shaved head on raising suspicions with officers. The Golden Globe-winning beauty, 24, was driving through the Midtown Tunnel -- which connects the New York City borough of Queens with Manhattan -- when she was pulled over for questioning. Portman has recently shaved all her hair off for her next movie, "V for Vendetta." She tells Newsweek magazine, "I've never had that happen to me before. "It's supposedly random. My registration was expired because I had been out of town, and it was my first day back. I'd been in Israel and Berlin for the shooting. "They wouldn't let me go in. But he said to take the bridge instead. And I didn't understand that logic. If you're a suspect, don't take the tunnel, take the bridge?"

Posted Image

Who's that punk girl with the mohawk? It's Natalie Portman, hitting a Madrid club with her costar Javier Bardem. The actress, who will share the screen with the Spanish actor in Goya’s Ghosts, first shaved her head for her role in the upcoming drama V for Vendetta.

Posted Image

Natalie Portman trades her mohawk for traditional Spanish garb in Madrid on Thursday, where she's filming the movie Goya's Ghosts. She stars opposite Javier Bardem and Stellan Skarsgard as the muse of the painter Francisco de Goya.

Natalie on Blender next month

Posted Image

So I assume the two above photos are with wigs on?

I'm guessing so too :)

Natalie on Blender next month

Posted Image

She looks so much like Joan Jett. I know I'm giving my age away but I loved that song.

I love rock n' roll

So put another dime in the jukebox, baby

I love rock n' roll

So come an' take your time an' dance with me...........

Posted Image

(NYDailynews.com)Portman's a fast learner in power of atonementMovie star Natalie Portman fasted yesterday for Yom Kippur, the Jewish Day of Atonement."I really like eating," the 24-year-old beauty tells author Abigail Pogrebin in "Stars of David: Prominent Jews Talk About Being Jewish," her new book."But a couple years ago, one of my friends got really mad at me and it happened on Yom Kippur," Portman confides. "It made me go through the actual atonement list on that day, and the hunger associated with it is really helpful. … You think about how you've wronged your friends and how you should change in the future."The Israeli-born, Syosset-raised Portman also opines:"I know what a JAP [Jewish American Princess] is. … I wouldn't want to have stereotypes used in derogatory ways by people outside the Jewish community, but I think it is something from within the community that we need to examine and be self-critical about. … Do [our young people] know or care about the outside world? Do they know or care about things other than having a nice car or a nice purse?" "I think the major problem today with American Jews is materialism.""I don't think that any one characteristic should be overemphasized in your real life when you're an actor, because if I play a nun one day, I don't want someone to be thinking when they see me, 'Jew, Jew, Jew.' ""I have a very close friend who lately has this European, anti-Israel way of thinking, and it's very hard to have conversations with him. … [being Israeli has] become a much bigger part of my identity in recent years because it's become an issue of survival.""My dad always makes this stupid joke with my new boyfriend, who is not Jewish. He says, 'It's just a simple operation

Wow,I liked reading that about her and her thoughts of her background.I am glad she embraces it open minded because as a descent of Italian Americans, I know I have listened and laughed at all the "mob" jokes without even realizing how stereotypial it is and offensive to some people.

(Handbag.com)Portman Regrets Naughty Necklace GiftNatalie Portman regrets revealing she gave Closer co-star Julia Roberts a naughty necklace, because now she fears everyone associates the Oscar-winner with the word 'c**t'.The Leon star gave Roberts the gold-plated dirty word as a joke gift when the two pals wrapped the film - and wishes she'd kept it to herself.She says, "I made the mistake of telling one person I did that - now everyone loves this story. It was just a joke, because there were lots of dirty words in the script, and every time Julia had to say a bad word she got all blushy."Now I feel bad, because Julia's the last person who should be associated with that word. She's such a nice person and not a curser at all." © Copyright World Entertainment News Network.

(HELLOMAGAZINE.COM) 25 OCTOBER 2005 It's no big secret that David Beckham counts quite a number of young women among his fans. But even the England skipper himself must have been a little surprised after one of Tinseltown's hottest female talents went along to cheer him on at his latest football match.Eagle-eyed sports fans couldn't help noticing that Natalie Portman was among the soccer fans cheering from the sidelines as his team Real Madrid took on rivals Valencia at the weekend. The Closer star certainly seemed to be getting into the spirit of things, shouting her approval enthusiastically as the hunky athlete and his teammates laid siege to their opponents' goal. The actress, who is best-known as Queen Amidala in the Star Wars series, also appeared to be enjoying the time-honoured tradition of expressing disbelief at the referee's decisions. At several points during the match the performer was seen throwing her arms in the air and shaking her head in incredulity, but in the end her support wasn't enough to stop the home side losing 1-2 after Becks was sent off. She wasn't the only one feeling doubtful about the official's rulings, as Real Madrid has announced it will appeal the red card. The 30-year-old's team-mate Pablo Garcia even suggested the midfielder might be getting victimised for his good looks. "I don't know why Beckham got sent off," he said after the match. "Maybe it's because he's blond and pretty. Referees are capable of sending him off for that."

Posted Image

Natalie Portman, growing out the buzz cut she had sported for her role in the movie V for Vendetta, heads to lunch Monday with a pal at a kosher restaurant in London.

NY Daily NewsSide DishNatalie Portman was unfazed by big guys in gang colors and clouds of stinky weed at Pharrell and Nigo's party for their Bathing Ape fashion line at Marquee ...

NY Daily NewsSide DishNatalie Portman was unfazed by big guys in gang colors and clouds of stinky weed at Pharrell and Nigo's party for their Bathing Ape fashion line at Marquee ...

Wow ~ I feel so out of it! I never heard of Pharrell, Nigo's, Bathing Ape or the Marquee! :D But I did really like Natalie's hair on her at the Golden Globes! B)

Natalie Portman in Entertainment Weekly rosiedemarioLAS VEGAS, Nev.: Hollywood Actress Natalie Portman was announced Friday as the ShoWest Female Star of the Year.Portman will be honored during the closing night ceremony of the ShoWest exhibitors convention, which runs March 13-16 in Las Vegas, The Hollywood Reporter said."Natalie Portman has delivered an impressive array of performances throughout her terrific career, which began in 1994 when she burst onto the scene in the highly regarded 'The Professional' opposite Jean Reno," ShoWest co-managing director Mitch Neuhauser said. "She has the unique ability to draw deep emotion from audiences as evidenced in such films as 'Heat,' 'Beautiful Girls,' 'Where the Heart Is,' 'Cold Mountain' and 'Closer.'"Portman hits the big screen again March 17 in "V for Vendetta."

She's a beautiful young woman, and I'm impressed that she generally keeps her personal life out of the press. Lindsay Lohan could learn a thing or two...

She's a beautiful young woman, and I'm impressed that she generally keeps her personal life out of the press. Lindsay Lohan could learn a thing or two...

Ditto to that!

Portman Doesn't Agree with 'Munich' Israeli-born actress Natalie Portman admires Steven Spielberg for making Oscar-nominated movie Munich, but admits she doesn't "agree with half" of the film. The beauty was intrigued to watch Spielberg's depiction of Israel's secret service Mossad exerting revenge following the murder of 11 Israeli athletes at the 1972 Olympics in Germany. Portman tells US magazine Entertainment Weekly, "(I don't) agree with half of what's in Munich, but political filmmaking is about putting something out there that people aren't going to like." The Star Wars actress is preparing to cause similar controversy with her forthcoming movie V For Vendetta, which focuses on a terrorist plot to blow up London's Houses Of Parliament. Portman explains, "Some people (will be) like, 'This is an anti-fascism movie!' and some like, 'This is Iraq!'"

Is it too much to ask for more starlets to be as eloquent as her?I mean, the next best thing is Ashlee Simpson drunk off her talentless-ass at a McDonalds. The funny thing about that, she sounded more intelligent and in-tune...I do agree with what's in Munich...but that's neither here nor there. I mean, she does seem to have a grasp on what's going on in the world. This is an admirable quality in any person from her (and mine) generation. We're pretty much devoid of any real intellectual capability.