47 replies to this topic

#41 Zion

Zion

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1737 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 03:35 PM

It has recently been confirmed that Blaise Zabini is in fact a male character. Will we see more of him in the next few books?That?s correct. You do.

Who the heck is Blaise?? Could this be the prince??

I don't recognize that name and, if it's in the books, I should. Damn, guess I'll have to read or listen to them again....

#42 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41343 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 02:03 PM

EOnline.comMUGGLE ALERT! Hundreds of costumed Harry Potter fans gathering Saturday for the Witching Hour, a five-day convention dedicated to the boy wizard in Massachusetts' historic town of Salem.

#43 sanlee

sanlee

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12288 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 04:24 AM

21 December 2006 JK KEEPS DREAMING OF HARRY By Richard Smith JK Rowling is so stressed at writing the final instalment of Harry Potter that she's dreaming about him. The 41-year-old author told about the "epic dream" on her website. Now fans of the boy wizard will analyse it for clues on what could happen to him in the fifth book, Order of the Phoenix. JK has already hinted that two characters may be killed off - and one could be Harry. In her dream she told about searching for a magical object called a Hor-crux in the Great Hall surrounded by 15ft tall waiters and waitresses. JK wrote: "I don't think anyone who has not been in a similar situation can possibly know how this feels. I am alternately elated and overwrought." She added: "For years now, people have asked me whether I ever dream that I am in Harry's world. "The answer was No until a few nights ago when I had an epic dream in which I was Harry and the narrator."
**MY INNER CHILD IS A MEAN LITTLE EFFER**

#44 sanlee

sanlee

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12288 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 07:46 AM

Harry Potter Author Losing Her Damn Mind J.K. Rowling is so into her work that she's dreaming that she's her main character. Oh, and she named the next one. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to camp outside my local Borders. *rolls eyes* We now have a title for Book VII: "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows." No publication date or other details were offered. Rowling is still working on the book, she explained on her Web site in an entry posted early Thursday. "I'm now writing scenes that have been planned, in some cases, for a dozen years or even more," she wrote. "I don't think anyone who has not been in a similar situation can possibly know how this feels: I am alternately elated and overwrought. I both want, and don't want, to finish this book (don't worry, I will.)" Rowling said she has been asked for years if she ever dreams she is in the boy wizard's world. "The answer was 'no' until a few nights ago, when I had an epic dream in which I was, simultaneously, Harry and the narrator," she wrote. "Perhaps I should cut back on the caffeine?" she joked. Or the muscle relaxants, scary lady. I admire this chick, though. She came from nothing and made herself a mutli-million dollar empire. I've been trying to sell my stories about Debbie, an old hooker that drags around a mummified dead cat, for years. I guess I should have thrown in some friggin' magic wands and annoying adolescents who save the world. No one takes my art seriously. Bastards.

#45 sanlee

sanlee

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12288 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 03:42 AM

Harry Potter" pre-orders break bookseller record

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) -

He is not expected to ride his flying broomstick into bookstores for 100 more days, but already British boy wizard Harry Potter is whipping up some magic at bookstore chain Barnes & Noble.

Barnes & Noble Inc. on Thursday said advance orders for author J.K. Rowling's "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" have topped 500,000 copies, breaking the bookseller chain's record for the most advance requests in its history.

"Deathly Hallows" is the seventh book in the series of hit novels that have thrilled readers and been made into big-budget Hollywood movies.

Speculation has been rife that Rowling, who became the world's first billion-dollar author on the success of the Harry Potter books and films, may kill Harry off in book seven, but confirmation of Harry's possible demise awaits publication.

"Deathly Hallows" officially goes on sale on July 21.

Reuters/Nielsen

#46 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41343 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:57 PM

I informed Mr. Princess that we will be going to this one day :D Posted Image

Sneak Peek: What Fans Will Find at Universal Orlando's World of Harry Potter
By Stephen M. Silverman

Thursday March 25, 2010 03:45 PM EDT
people.com

Muggles will be finally be permitted into Universal Orlando Resort's Wizarding World of Harry Potter on June 18 but a certain Potter mogul won't be setting foot in the Florida amusement center until mid-summer, a source at Universal tells PEOPLE.

Still, Harry creator J.K. Rowling's presence has been integral in the creation of the 20-acre theme park since Day One. Her approvals along with those from Warner Bros., which produces the Potter movie franchise were not only necessarily for the look and feel of the land, but also for the taste of the trademark Butterbeer at the theme park's Three Broomsticks Restaurant & Hog's Head Pub, that is. According to a source close to the brewer, the potion is a lot like cream soda spiked with butterscotch.

RELATED: Harry Potter's World Revealed, At Last
"Her input has been direct and continual, starting with the environments we created for the films," Alan Gilmore, art director for the new park as well as for the Harry Potter movies, told PEOPLE Thursday. Rowling, he said, "has a very clear vision of her world."

In particular, Gilmore said, Rowling wanted the 100 "moving" portraits in the gallery of Hogwarts just as she envisioned they should be. Over the past six years the project has been on the boards, Gilmore and his team, which totaled in the hundreds, "succeeded down to the last detail" in meeting her requirements, and, in the process, "achieved a new level of realism and authenticity," he says

As for what Potter fans will encounter when the gates open, a peek into Harry's World earlier this month revealed what resembles a highly realistic version of the snowcapped village of Hogsmeade, snuggled inside a verdant forest worthy of Hagrid and crowned by the towering parapets of Hogwarts Castle. Resting in the basin below are the winding cobblestone streets of the village, whose stores include Honeydukes Sweet Shop, with its window display of Pewking Pastilles (including sardine flavor), used to induce sickness for skipping classes at Hogwarts Academy.

The Hogwarts Express steaming but stationary greets guests at the World's entrance and serves as part of the boarding area for the Flight of the Hippogriff, a "family" roller-coaster, as opposed to the far more intense, high-speed Dragon Challenge, with its Tri-Wizard Tournament theme.

Raising the Bar
The main attraction of the World is Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, a ride "that will re-invent the theme-park experience," insists the park's creative director Thierry Coup, whose talents also went into Universal's Shrek 4-D and the Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man as well as the revamp of Disney's Tomorrowland.

Entering through the castle dungeon within the Forbidden Journey's queue area, Coup tells PEOPLE, guests will meet the four founders of Hogwarts and be greeted by the academy's headmaster Dumbledore before being sidetracked from a Dark Arts lecture by truants Harry, Ron and Hermione (as played by Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint), who suggest a Quidditch match instead. From there, a magical bench helps get things going, dragon encounters notwithstanding.

"Even if you haven't read the books or seen the movies," says Coup, "you'll fly and feel as you've never felt before."

Posted Image
Hogwarts Express arrives at Hogsmeade Station
Universal Orlando Resort

#47 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11927 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:06 PM

We were in Orlando in Feb on business and SOOOOOO bummed it wasn't open yet - we went to Universal anyway and had fun - but Harry Potter world would have been so much better....Next time!

#48 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41343 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:48 AM

Posted Image

Eonline.com
Warner Bros. Fights Against "Harry Popper" Condoms :D
Wed., Aug. 18, 2010 7:16 PM PDT by Bruna Nessif

You'd think it would be a major mojo boost for Daniel Radcliffe to get a condom company named after his Harry Potter character, but sadly Warner Bros. disagrees.

The Swiss condom brand "Harry Popper" is reportedly being sued for copyright infringement by the studio.

Read more: here/

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users