Sign in to follow this  
princess

Betty White

Posted Image

Betty White to Host Saturday Night Live May 8

By Stephen M. Silverman

Thursday March 11, 2010 06:30 AM EST

people.com

It's official: Betty White will host NBC's Saturday Night Live on May 8, WNBC News announced Thursday morning.

Besides featuring the Golden Girl, who was the subject of a Facebook campaign to get her the gig, the special Mother's Day episode will also reunite six former female SNL cast members, most of whom happen to be moms: Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Molly Shannon, Maya Rudolph, Ana Gasteyer and Rachel Dratch.

The show's creator-producer, Lorne Michaels, tells USA Today that the Facebook campaign, which kicked in after White's Super Bowl commercial for Snickers, "took on a groundswell. [White as the host] isn't something we would have said no to, [but the campaign] validated that, 'Oh, that'd be fun' … It was the outpouring of affection from fans, and we feel the same way."

And while White, 88, has no children of her own – except for her golden retriever, Pontiac – Michaels justifies her Mother's Day appearance by explaining, "She's the mother of us all in comedy."

Betty White turned down dancing offer

Veteran actress Betty White turned down the chance to appear on "Dancing With The Stars" over fears she would "embarrass the audience."

The 88-year-old admits she has been approached several times by producers of the show, asking her to hit the dance floor.

But White is adamant she won't be donning her dancing shoes any time soon because 83-year-old actress Cloris Leachman filled the quota for veteran stars when she appeared on the seventh season in 2008.

White tells Larry King, "I have been asked. And I've thanked them very profusely. And I said, no thank you. I think Cloris Leachman took care of that whole department. It would be fun and I would love it. But I think there comes a time when. ... I don't want to embarrass the audience, but Cloris did it and she did fine. So I think she's taken care of our age bracket."

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate...7#ixzz0iaBk9uvF

I love, love, LOVE Betty White!!! She reminds me sooo much of my own Grandma Betty, from her name to her looks to the sharp as a tack fun personality. I can't wait to watch her on SNL, she's going to kick all of those younger women's comedic asses!

Posted Image

LETS BE FRANK

Talk about 'furter in mouth! Betty White takes a bite out of her namesake treat, the "Betty 'Naked in the City' Hot Dog," Monday during its unveiling at Pink's hot dog stand at L.A.'s Universal CityWalk.

Posted Image

Ass To Ass! Ass To Ass!

D List

At last night's Teen Choice Awards (aka the only awards show Roman Polanski Tivos), Sandra Bullock and the queen of the world Betty White performed a G-rated version of Jennifer Connelly's ass to ass scene from Requiem for a Dream for all the chirruns in the audience. No, but that's immediately where my gutter brain went when I first saw this picture. Sandra and Betty bumped nalgas on stage after winning some stupid award for Best Dance.

I bet Betty doesn't even know what she won for. Betty gets an award for burping in the morning, so she just threw that stupid surfboard shit into the warehouse with her other accolades and went back to sitting on her throne.

I love Betty White but am getting close to that over-exposure level. And Sandra Bullock... I understand that a scorned wife wants to show that she can look sexy but the skintight leather pants and bondage shoes make me a bit sad for her: trying too hard.

I can't hate on Betty White...since she's getting all this attention now before she can't do it anymore. But I totally feel u about Sandy...it's the friggin' Kid's Choice awards, Sandy...get freaky at MTV Awards. Or save the freaky stuff at the Kid's Choice Awards for Miley Cyrus. :4biggrin: