Maxiemom

Lindsay Lohan still broke and a mess

Michael Lohan to open rehab center Posted Image

sfgate

Lindsay Lohan's father has announced plans to open a drug and alcohol rehabilitation center in California, days after his daughter's release from an inpatient rehab clinic.

The "Mean Girls" star was jailed last month for breaching her probation stemming from a 2007 DUI conviction. She then spent 23 days in rehab.

She was discharged from UCLA Medical Center on Tuesday.

And now, according to Radar Online, Michael Lohan - who has previously claimed his daughter suffers from prescription drug addiction - says he is in the process of "negotiating the location" of a holistic rehab facility, which will bar patients from resorting to prescription drugs to get over their addictions.

He says, "I'm going to have a protocol that will be have to be followed. I don't believe in prescription drugs. If people come in on them they're going to have to get off of them, otherwise they'll be looking for another rehab."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/dailyd...d#ixzz0xr4B5zw4

I do have to say, the last few pics - she actually looks her age and pretty cute. One can always hope that she straightens out her life. One can also be pretty damn sure she won't, but it's nice to see her not looking like the old one on Celebrity Housewives.

Lindsay Lohan -- Cop Charmer

Lindsay Lohan got away with a warning over the weekend ... after getting stopped by a patrol car.

Lindsay was going to the Chateau Marmont Friday night at 11:00 PM when she got pulled over -- according to one account she may have rolled through a stop sign. The newly rehabbed Lindsay got off with a warning and was on her merry way.

It's gotta be a reminder -- one bad move and she's in big trouble. Lindsay is counting on shooting "Inferno" in mid-November in Louisiana -- if she runs afoul of the law, the judge almost certainly will not let her leave the state.

It's in your hands, Lindsay.

I agree she looks a lot cuter now. It's amazing what a month away from meth can do for healing a younger person. But I too am dubious. If she is only on probation until November 1, look out on the roads during the holiday season. I have no doubt she'll be back to her old behavior.

Exclusive: Michael Lohan: "God Wants Me to" Open a Rehab Center

US Mag

Thursday – September 02, 2010 – 6:04pm

......Lohan explains that the center will not employ doctors or conventional medical treatment ("that will be done at an associated hospital"). Instead, he states, "we are rehab that focuses on mind, body and soul. It is a spiritual retreat." Posted Image

Although a patient's religious affiliation is irrelevant at the center, Lohan says, "the basis of the rehab will be that there is a God; that good conquers evil; that the best way to live is to treat others like you want to be treated; and treat your body like a temple."

Right now, Lohan says they're "getting closer" to making the center a reality, although a location has not yet been chosen. "We've got the team in place, and the financing is all there," he claims. Some staffers are already onboard, he notes, including physical therapists and Jon Koga, who specializes in kickboxing and yoga training.

And the as-yet-unnamed "retreat" won't cater to rich, VIP clientele, he points out. "I'm not going to close my doors on anyone. We may offer a scholarship [to those in need]," he explains. "You don't have to be Lindsay Lohan or Nicole Richie or Robert Downey Jr. or a celebrity to get rehab."

Exclusive: Michael Lohan: "God Wants Me to" Open a Rehab Center

US Mag

Thursday – September 02, 2010 – 6:04pm

......Lohan explains that the center will not employ doctors or conventional medical treatment ("that will be done at an associated hospital"). Instead, he states, "we are rehab that focuses on mind, body and soul. It is a spiritual retreat." Posted Image

Although a patient's religious affiliation is irrelevant at the center, Lohan says, "the basis of the rehab will be that there is a God; that good conquers evil; that the best way to live is to treat others like you want to be treated; and treat your body like a temple."

Right now, Lohan says they're "getting closer" to making the center a reality, although a location has not yet been chosen. "We've got the team in place, and the financing is all there," he claims. Some staffers are already onboard, he notes, including physical therapists and Jon Koga, who specializes in kickboxing and yoga training.

And the as-yet-unnamed "retreat" won't cater to rich, VIP clientele, he points out. "I'm not going to close my doors on anyone. We may offer a scholarship [to those in need]," he explains. "You don't have to be Lindsay Lohan or Nicole Richie or Robert Downey Jr. or a celebrity to get rehab."

I'm starting to have some compassion for Lindsay, she didn't stand a chance. someone stop me!

I'm starting to have some compassion for Lindsay, she didn't stand a chance. someone stop me!

Think of the thousands of people who start off with similarly crappy parents or worse, but go to college, get jobs, take responsibility for their own lives apart from their terrible childhoods. Does that help you stop feeling sorry for her? She has the money (well, had....) to go to very expensive (hopefully good) rehab centers, has been in rehab THREE times that we know of, but she keeps fucking up and not taking any personal responsibility.

Are you over it yet? :4biggrin:

Think of the thousands of people who start off with similarly crappy parents or worse, but go to college, get jobs, take responsibility for their own lives apart from their terrible childhoods. Does that help you stop feeling sorry for her? She has the money (well, had....) to go to very expensive (hopefully good) rehab centers, has been in rehab THREE times that we know of, but she keeps fucking up and not taking any personal responsibility.

Yes, I am. Whew! Thanks Hoya.

Yes, I am. Whew! Thanks Hoya.

LOL, love it!! :D

Did Lindsay Lohan Hit a Baby Stroller with Her Car?

Friday September 03, 2010 01:50 PM EDT

people.com

Lindsay Lohan says she's back on the straight and narrow, but reports have surfaced that the troubled star may have hit a stroller while driving her Maserati.

That's what witnesses claim to Radar Online, which reports that the embattled actress, 24, made a turn without looking both ways and ran into a woman pushing a toddler in a stroller across the street.

"It wasn't super hard, but she made impact and hit them," one witness is quoted as saying. "Lindsay pulled to the right, stopped for two seconds, and then just kept going." According to the witnesses, the woman was shaken but didn't seem seriously hurt. The child was crying.

However, two other witnesses tell PEOPLE that Lohan never touched the stroller, and instead sped past the woman and child. The toddler was already crying before the Mean Girls star drove past them, according to the sources.

Neither Lohan's lawyer nor her business rep returned a request for comment. Police apparently were not involved in the incident.

A few days before, on Aug. 28, Lohan had been pulled over by police in West Hollywood after she ran a stop sign, but the officer let her off with a warning after she apparently blamed the incident on the paparazzi.

• Additional reporting by KEN LEE

Did Lindsay Lohan Hit a Baby Stroller with Her Car?

That's what witnesses claim to Radar Online, which reports that the embattled actress, 24, made a turn without looking both ways and ran into a woman pushing a toddler in a stroller across the street.

That, or she realized it was a celeb and the pap thought maybe he could "make" a story worth selling using his cell phone camera :3huh:

Either way, you would think Lindsay would have the sense to just lay low completely given her past history with the Chateau Marmont, the paparazzi, and anything related to an automobile. She hasn't even been out for a week yet and has had documented "issues" with all three already, for Pete's sake.

I wonder if Vegas has made book on her odds of a total relapse yet.

Lindsay Lohan wants a baby

In Touch

Despite her recent legal issues — and recent reports that while driving she allegedly clipped a stroller with a toddler in it — Lindsay Lohan wants to be a mom! The star has confided to a pal that she’s determined to stay sober and thinks the best way for her to achieve that goal is to get pregnant. According to the pal, Lindsay, 24, hates being alone and thinks a baby would make the perfect companion. She’s seen what motherhood has done for former party girl Nicole Richie and thinks it can do the same for her. “She needs to be around someone nearly 24 hours a day,” the pal says. “She thinks having a baby could straighten out her life.”

:jawdrop: Seriously?

Lindsay Lohan wants a baby

In Touch

Despite her recent legal issues — and recent reports that while driving she allegedly clipped a stroller with a toddler in it — Lindsay Lohan wants to be a mom! The star has confided to a pal that she’s determined to stay sober and thinks the best way for her to achieve that goal is to get pregnant. According to the pal, Lindsay, 24, hates being alone and thinks a baby would make the perfect companion. She’s seen what motherhood has done for former party girl Nicole Richie and thinks it can do the same for her. “She needs to be around someone nearly 24 hours a day,” the pal says. “She thinks having a baby could straighten out her life.”

:jawdrop: Seriously?

Yeah, I see the connection! :rolleyes:

It's at moments like this I have the VERY UNLIKE ME thought that perhaps forced sterilization isn't so bad after all. :jawdrop:

(normally I'm ALL about reproductive rights, but sometimes, people just SHOULD NOT be allowed to procreate!)

It's at moments like this I have the VERY UNLIKE ME thought that perhaps forced sterilization isn't so bad after all. :jawdrop:

(normally I'm ALL about reproductive rights, but sometimes, people just SHOULD NOT be allowed to procreate!)

I always though birth control should be put in the drinking water. If you want to have a baby, you apply for a license to prove you can afford it, and have the parenting skills. Once you get the license, they give you a pill to counter act the water :D