Sign in to follow this  
fykeylicious

Casey Anthony Trial

I've been reading about it everyday. I definitely think she did it. And I think the entire family is messed up.

I've been reading about it everyday. I definitely think she did it. And I think the entire family is messed up.

I agree she did it. Her attitude in the court makes her look like a total asshole. I do feel bad for her mom, though.

I personally refuse to pass judgement based on what I see on TV since I believe they are skewing whatever they get from this trial for big ratings. I'll have to be satisfied with the juries verdict.

I would hope that the verdict and sentencing are not televised. I don't think they should be.

My reaction was pretty much the same as it was for the verdict for OJ. You feel they're guilty and yet you're not all that surprised the jury is letting them go. After having served on one-too-many juries, it scares me the way people rationalize things.

Accidental drownings are unfortunately so common especially at this time of year. To know your child drowned and not report it is unfathomable to me as a parent and then to wait 31 days to let anyone know she is missing and then even accuse someone else of kidnapping? I'm sorry but innocent people don't behave this way no matter how dysfunctional the family is. The woman is guilty. I don't care if the jury heard all the evidence, I completely disagree with their rationale.

What's even worse is that I will now probably agree with Nancy Grace when she speaks about it tonight. Do you know how shocking that is to me to think that I could agree with Grace?!

:shocked:

have you seen the pic of cheney mason flipping off the media? or the video of baez firing finger pistols at the cameras? they pretty much symbolize their entire side of the argument. douchebags, both of them.

I understand there may not have been enough evidence in the jury's mind for Murder One but not even a lesser charge? I am having a hard time with that.

I just hope that no one supports her post-prison efforts (book deals, etc.) that will only give her more fame and money than she deserves.

She did it and it was deliberate in my opinion. I can't get past the taped mouth/nose. Why would you tape the mouth/nose if the child was already dead? There is no reason whatsoever that I can think of.

just heard she is being released July 13.

Actually, I'm GLAD she's getting out so soon. In fact, I wish she were getting out today. She's getting released so soon after the trial, when it's fresh in everyone's mind, while people are still protesting over it - not fifty, ten, or even five years later when the public will have mostly moved on. She won't be able to go anywhere without people screaming obscenities at her, and that's the best-case scenario. I am sure she will be well received wherever she goes...what goes around comes around :D

(eta: of course, I'm just trying to make myself feel somewhat less angry at all the verdict, so take this for what it's worth)

Edited by fykeylicious

IMHO, the only thing I can take away from this is that the greatest country this earth has ever seen has nothing better then a mob mentality when it comes to a capital murder case. Elsewhere on the net, people are ready to lynch her simply because Nancy Grace told them to.

I'm not going to say whether or not she is guilty because I was not one of the twelve jurors and I did not see and hear the evidence presented every single day like they jury did. And neither should anyone else.

The Jury acquitted her simply because they were not convinced of the prosecutions case.

You know that old saying, if it walks like a duck, if it talks like a duck, then it probably is a duck?

Well, in this case nobody actually saw the duck walking or heard the duck talking.

As much as I feel that she may have done it, the simple fact is that in this ocuntry, you should not convict somebody because you feel they are gulity (much less convict them wihen the death penalty is on the line).

The prosecution could not prove: how the child died, when the child died, who put the child in the car, who actually did the internet searches. Of course, I acknowledge that this woman is a psychologically pathological liar, but being a liar is not proof that she is a murderer.

Be angry all you want at the fact that a quilty woman got off, but be angier at the prosecution for not presenting a case that the jury could convict on.

As for Nancy Grace, I will be the first one to represent the family if someone does lynch Anthony. Grace should know better. Yelling "fire" in a crowded theater carries consequences.

Edited by tyler

I'm not sure how much of a role Nancy Grace's opinion had ... she is a laughable figure who does not seem like a reasonable person to believe. That said, I, being off for the summer, watched a lot of the trial so my opinions are based on the trial, not Nancy Grace or any other talking head.

(eta - Tyler, I agree with your points, but I still think she could have been easily found guilty of a lesser count...again, I'm not saying Murder One was proven, but I think it's reasonable that lesser charges were proven)

Now someone is arguing to Judge Perry (I don't know who it is; it's a lawyer I've never seen before) that the jury's names should be released and not kept anonymous - that sounds a bit unwise, in my opinion.

Edited by fykeylicious

As for Nancy Grace, I will be the first one to represent the family if someone does lynch Howell. Grace should know better. Yelling "fire" in a crowded theater carries consequences.

who is Howell?

In other news, the guy getting thrown into jail for flipping the bird was the funniest shit I've seen in a long time - he looked like he was shitting his pants up there. What a moron.

As for Nancy Grace, I will be the first one to represent the family if someone does lynch Howell. Grace should know better. Yelling "fire" in a crowded theater carries consequences.

who is Howell?

Nobody important -- I have a case where one of the parties is Casey Howell. I confuse them all the time.

Original post corrected.

You know that old saying, if it walks like a duck, if it talks like a duck, then it probably is a duck?

Well, in this case nobody actually saw the duck walking or heard the duck talking.

As much as I fell that she may have done it the simple fact is that in this ocuntry, you should not convict somebody because you feel they are gulity (much less convict them wihen the death penalty is on the line).

The prosecution could not prove: how the child died, when the child died, who put the child in the car, who actually did the internet searches. Of course, I acknowledge that this woman is a psychologically pathological liar, but being is not proof that she is a murderer.

Be angry all you want at the fact that a quilty woman got off, but be angier at the prosecution for not presenting a case that the jury could convict on.

As for Nancy Grace, I will be the first one to represent the family if someone does lynch Lynch Grace should know better. Yelling "fire" in a crowded theater carries consequences.

Tyler, I understand what you said here and agree it's true. In your opinion, what about the tape? Why is it no one seems to want to address that? Why tape a dead child's mouth shut?

Edited by Hihomumio

Along with the other things that the prosecution could not prove, they could not prove that either. If they had, they probably would have gotten a conviction -- tape would keep somebody from breathing -- which would have proved intent, which would have proved murder (or at the very least negligent homicide).

Its kind of ironic -- in this day and age where juries cry for forensics -- the prosecution had incriminating forensics, such as the tape, they could not trace back the forensics back to Casey Anthony, i.e, video of her at the local Wal Mart buying the tape -- all they really had was guilt by lifestyle.

Edited by tyler

True points, Tyler. I don't blame the jury for their decision - I'm just frustrated with the case all around.

I'm not going to waste any more time on this woman not even in wishing her harm. With her sociopathic ways, I have no doubt that she will cause more harm to herself then anyone else can. I just don't want her to make a penny off of this in any way shape or form. It would be nice to see her end up as a maid in the lowest of motels.

Rumor has it she's in San Diego now. Radio morning talk is all about what you'll do/say if you run into her at the grocery store.

Is Casey Anthony Hunting for a $1 Million TV Payday?

Eonline

Today 3:15 PM PDT by Josh Grossberg

Casey Anthony, Check privateelevatorproductions.com; AP Photo/Joe Burbank

The question on everyone's mind after her acquittal for murdering her infant daughter: will Casey Anthony dare cash in on her notoriety? Despite being forced into hiding after receiving death threats, the answer appears to be yes.

We guess somebody's gotta pay for the bodyguards.

A freelance television producer claims that he met with the so-called "Tot Mom" in Palm Springs, Calif., earlier this week and offered to pay her $1 million for her story.

In an interview with HLN's Nancy Grace, Al Taylor says he sat down with Anthony Tuesday morning at an undisclosed hote to try and close a deal for an exclusive pay-per-view-style sit-down.

"We want to do an interview with her and we know what the boycott possibilities are here in the United States," Taylor said, adding that he and his team will "probably have to sell it overseas and then [give] it away here so no one can boycott it."

Of Anthony's demeanor, Taylor said she seemed "surprisingly normal after all she's been through."

After a sarcastic comment from Grace accusing Anthony of "lounging in a private cell with snacks that her admirers paid for," Taylor replied, "The first thing [Anthony] said when we had the meeting was 'where's my check?'

"I tried to explain to her that we're willing to put a $50,000 deposit down and then sign the contract and then put the rest in escrow, but obviously we can't give her the million dollars and say 'see you in a week.'," he said. "I don't quite trust her for that."

Taylor refused to comment on whether her defense attorney, Jose Baez, was with her and also declined to divulge what she was wearing when quizzed by Grace (so fashion conscious, Nancy!)

"She's a normal individual, a good personality and a lot of spunk," Taylor said, though conceding he wasn't sure Grace would like her.

In a separate interview on Dr. Drew Pinsky's HLN show, Taylor said that he wants "to hook her up to a lie detector" after they do the Q&A. Needless to say, Anthony didn't exactly embrace that idea.

A million dollars might change her mind.

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b253678_ca...l#ixzz1SmnbPR00

After a sarcastic comment from Grace accusing Anthony of "lounging in a private cell with snacks that her admirers paid for," Taylor replied, "The first thing [Anthony] said when we had the meeting was 'where's my check?'

:tantrum: