princess

Johnny Depp

(IMDB.COM)Depp Threatens To Break Smoke Ban Johnny Depp has vowed to defy any smoking ban imposed in Britain and attacks similar enforcements in his native America. The actor, who is thought to have a home in the south of England, has cut down on his nicotine habit, but believes smokers should be allowed to quit on their own, without being alienated. He threatens, "I'll come over and have a smoke-a-thon. They've taken that whole pretzel and stretched it into as absurd pretzel as I've ever seen. Obviously it ain't good for you, and I don't condone it or recommend it, but everyone has to find their own way out of it. The idea of bludgeoning people and telling them that if they smoke they are awful is ludicrous."

Hollywood star Johnny Depp is so shocked by the riots raging through France, he's considering abandoning his home in the country.

The Finding Neverland heart-throb moved to Europe when life in Los Angeles became too violent.

He has since divided time between the two continents - but he fears France will be scarred permanently by the current troubles.

He says, "It's insane, that setting cars on fire is the new strike.

"I went there (to France) to live because it seemed so simple.

"Now it's anything but. I don't know how they'll recover from this."

http://www.mediagab.com/story.asp?id=1912

Well, living in Europe, I find it incredibly condescending when American actors come to this side of the Ocean and claim that life is idyllic and perfect and peaceful versus at home in the Evil, Fascist Cruel USA. We have lots of social unrest and bigotry and misogyny. To ignore or downplay our very real, painful issues is both naive and insensitive. And then for Johnny to be taken aback by the riots? Oh please. Racial and class problems have been brewing for decades in France and no one is addressing them but everyone (or, everyone except idealistic multi-millionaire American actors) knows that there's a lot of violence and rage here as a result. It's like going to Africa and saying "Everything here is so much better than at home," and then being shocked, SHOCKED to learn that AIDS and poverty exist there.Go home to the US, Johnny. And take Gwyneth "The US is so dreadful and terrible but living in London is depressing and gray and everything is dirty Waahhh -_- " Paltrow with you, please.

It surprises me to think Johnny's been floating along in happy fairy dreamworld living in France for so long and doesnt seem to have noticed that half the country is full of overrun slums. I went to France (from the UK) some years ago, when I was 13, with school on an art trip. The first thing that struck me was the immediate poverty of those outside the cities as we travelled through. Our hostel was next to a run-down farm, apparently owned by a goat and a hunchback (I kid you not) old lady, who'd creep out of her door at eight in the morning to milk the cow. She wore rags and in the week I was there, had no visitors and no help. We saw a lot of that, very poor people. There was no clean drinking water. You had to boil it from the tap or buy bottled. So antiquated. Paris was okay, and this was back when they maybe didn't have the same acute problem with immigrants they have now (although it's always been simmering). Even so, the lower end lifestyle of the city was very apparent to even a one-stop outsider like me.For all its faults, I was glad to get back on that ferry home to the UK. But it was a real eye-opener. How Johnny has missed it all I don't know. Even without the immigrant unrest and inequality, large parts of France are very rural and very, very poor.

Edited by GimmeSumSugar

Because they both live in a dream world where they do not have to deal with the "real world". And when the real world comes up it is too much for them. Also they have to face the facts that every place has problems. Some places you can just choose to ignore them for a while. When you live in a house that has guards and secuirty alarms. Give me a break. One of my biggest pet peeves is that "stars" who keep telling me that I should donate more money to the hurrican victimes. You, Brad Pitt, give more money. Donate the money you would get for Jesse James. It is not like you need it to live on. But shut up already.

Well, living in Europe, I find it incredibly condescending when American actors come to this side of the Ocean and claim that life is idyllic and perfect and peaceful versus at home in the Evil, Fascist Cruel USA. We have lots of social unrest and bigotry and misogyny. To ignore or downplay our very real, painful issues is both naive and insensitive. And then for Johnny to be taken aback by the riots? Oh please. Racial and class problems have been brewing for decades in France and no one is addressing them but everyone (or, everyone except idealistic multi-millionaire American actors) knows that there's a lot of violence and rage here as a result. It's like going to Africa and saying "Everything here is so much better than at home," and then being shocked, SHOCKED to learn that AIDS and poverty exist there.Go home to the US, Johnny. And take Gwyneth "The US is so dreadful and terrible but living in London is depressing and gray and everything is dirty Waahhh -_- " Paltrow with you, please.

Well said. I raise a toast of hard cider to you.

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/entertainment/109752004.htm

Johnny Depp's 'Libertine' Ban For His Kids

November 18, 2005, 7:03:55

JOHNNY DEPP BANS KIDS FROM NEW MOVIE - FOR 20 YEARS

JOHNNY DEPP has banned his two children from watching his new movie THE

LIBERTINE for 20 years, because it's too rude.

The actor plays debauched alcoholic 17th century author LORD ROCHESTER in

the film, and insists it will be inappropriate for six-year-old LILY ROSE

and three-year-old JACK for some time.

He says, "I want my kiddies to be given the opportunity to be children and

innocent and innocent and free for as long as possible before the inevitable

bad things in the world rear their ugly heads.

"I would say it's safe for them to see PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN and CHARLIE

AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY but I'd want to wait 20 years before letting them

see The Libertine

One of my biggest pet peeves is that "stars" who keep telling me that I should donate more money to the hurrican victimes. You, Brad Pitt, give more money. Donate the money you would get for Jesse James. It is not like you need it to live on. But shut up already.

Hear, hear. I also despise stars who try to convince their governments to spend more tax dollars "forgiving" 3rd world debt. If Bono, Brad Pitt and Chris Martin each agreed to live on just $200,000/year and give everything else they earned to Africa, I'd be more likely to listen to them. Instead, they fly around in private jets, living in $14 million dollar houses, preaching to us about how the money we earn shouldn't be going into paying for our own needs, or even to taxes that would help support local issues, but to the other end of the world. AND, when some governments have the "audacity" to suggest that they would only forgive debts in 3rd world countries where the leaders aren't murderous dictators, the stars squeal and say it's not up to us to "police the rest of the world." I say, if you want to be a philanthropist, do it with your own millions, not with my pennies, please! Lead by example, not by preaching.

Yup, they all need to STFU and do their "good works" quietly. I have morerespect for people who "give" quietly than those who go about preachingtheir views and perspectives about causes that are dear to them. Peoplehave their own charities and if they want to help make the world a betterplace it's because they want to. Not because some celeb says to.Personally, I think Brad's on board because of Angie. Was he doing thisbefore he met her? And Johnny...well, I wouldn't be surprised if he came back home with histail between his legs. The good ole U.S. of A ain't so bad afterall is it?Of course, he'd have to live in some state without public smoking bans.

:angry: I agree. These actors don't live in the real world. They would probably kill themselves if they had to. It also irritates me when all these overpaid stars think the bad USA should say the rest of the world.

But, when Johnny starts spending more time in the US, you'd better believe that he won't retract the rude comments he made about your country. He'll never say, "Gosh. I'm sorry. I was wrong - the USA isn't like a big stupid puppy. It has its problems, but so does France, so I'd like to raise my family here in America for a while, please." Nah. He'll come blustering home, as only a short man can, complaining about anti-smoking laws and rattling on and on about how wonderful Europe is and how Americans are puritans... Urgh.

What is this...is this a tear in my eye from all the snark... I agree with all of you! Wait no, that might be the X kicking in...kidding...:D

Because they both live in a dream world where they do not have to deal with the "real world".  And when the real world comes up it is too much for them.  Also they have to face the facts that every place has problems.  Some places you can just choose to ignore them for a while.  When you live in a house that has guards and secuirty alarms.  Give me a break. One of my biggest pet peeves is that "stars" who  keep telling me that I should donate more money to the hurrican victimes.  You, Brad Pitt, give more money.  Donate the money you would get for Jesse James.  It is not like you need it to live on.  But shut up already.

Don't forget that they have enough money to buy a house with a lot of land and security guards to keep the peasants away.Poor people make them sad. :rolleyes: Edited by TubaGirl

What? There are poor people in their vicinity? They can't just answer phones at a telethon, and maybe make some heart-felt speech where their voice breaks up and they look all weepy, loudly criticize various political leaders to anyone who will listen, and then return to their $22 million gated home feeling smug that they've solved all the world's ills? You mean... most socio-economic problems are more complicated than that? Wow!

Posted Image

Johnny Depp flashes a swashbuckling smile Wednesday in Los Angeles. That logo on his knit cap? It's for the Viper Room, the Hollywood club the Pirates of the Caribbean star opened in 1993.

Posted Image

A dapper Johnny Depp steps out with ladylove Vanessa Paradis at the 100th anniversary fete for Mont Blanc in Geneva on Tuesday.

Another Depp baby on the way?

celebrity-babies

Johnny Depp's longtime girlfriend and mother of his children, Vanessa Paradis is rumored to be pregnant with their third child. The couple, who have been together for 7 years and are parents to Lily-Rose and Jack, have been spotted recently and Vanessa seems to have a baby bump - although she's also wearing a loose, floaty shirt.

celebrity-babiesCBB readers Jen and Eva also send in these photos of Johnny touching Vanessa's belly on April 5th.

Johnny Depp sues to guard view from Hollywood Hills estateAssociated PressWEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. - "Pirates of the Caribbean" star Johnny Depp has crossed swords with city officials over a proposed Sunset Strip commercial development Depp says would block the scenic view from part of his Hollywood Hills estate.The actor contends in a lawsuit that the city of West Hollywood violated environmental quality laws by approving development of retail shops, a restaurant and a parking structure on a lot beneath his gated, 2 1/2 -acre property.Depp also argues that the project would block the view his two children have while playing on a terrace outside the 7,430-square-foot home.The development would rise about 45 feet above the famous Sunset Strip. Its roof would be about 40 feet below Depp's home, but the building would still block views from a portion of the backyard terrace, which is down the hill from the house.Those behind the development argue that Depp has declared that the youngsters - Lily-Rose, 6, and Jack, 4 - will be raised in France, where he and French actress and singer Vanessa Paradis also have a home.Developer Joseph Emrani of Venice Investments, who is a partner in the project with his brother, Youdi Emrani, said he challenged Depp's representatives."They said, 'The kids are playing over there and they don't want it to block their view.' I mentioned that his children live in Paris, and one of them said, 'That's very personal and we don't want to get involved with that,' " Joseph Emrani said.Depp's attorney declined to discuss the case.A Los Angeles County Superior Court judge ruled against Depp last year. The case is being appealed on his behalf by his sister, Christi Dembrowski, who is also Depp's personal assistant and president of his film production company.

He paid money for that view. If the city wants to decrease his property value, they better compensate him for it.

He paid money for that view.  If the city wants to decrease his property value, they better compensate him for it.

I agree. What bugs me is people who think they have the right to treat him differently than someone else because of who he is. <_<

I think because he's Johnny Depp there's sympathy there among us. Not trying to argue or anything, but if this was Britney Spears I'm sure many of us will be singing a different tune.Personally, I agree with him and everyone who chooses to do this.

Posted Image

Johnny Depp is on the move again, leaving Nice with girlfriend Vanessa Paradis, 4-year-old son Jack and daughter Lily in tow Thursday. Depp's family feature, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men's Chest, opens this summer.

Depp is king of star signers By Suzy Austin, Metro 15 May 2006 There's something about Cameron Diaz which makes her treat fans badly, an annual list of Hollywood's best and worst autograph signers shows. The star of Charlie's Angels and The Mask has been named as the worst celebrity to approach if you want a film star's signature. 'Cameron Diaz may be a talented actress but she's persistently a terrible signer,' said Steve Cyrikin, editor and publisher of US-based magazine Autograph Collector, which published the list. 'Instead of just turning down a person's autograph request, she lectures them about how dumb autographs are.' But while some stars act as if fans are an irritation best avoided, others prove that good manners cost nothing. Topping the list of the best celebrity autograph signers for the second year running is heart-throb Johnny Depp. 'Many stars become bad signers once fame and fortune hits but not Depp,' Cyrikin said. The actor has even been known to sign autographs while carrying luggage. George Clooney, who is said to share a joke with fans about the photographs he is asked to sign, came second among the best signers, followed by fellow Ocean's Eleven star Matt Damon. Diaz is joined in the top ten worst celebrities by former husband and wife Bruce Willis and Demi Moore and Oscar-winning bad boy Russell Crowe. Hot-tempered Crowe escaped topping the worst list, according to the magazine, after showing an improvement in his behaviour towards fans.