Sign in to follow this  
princess

Naomi Campbell

(softpedia.com)Naomi Campbell's Demands Bullet-Proof CarCategory: SOFTPEDIA NEWS :: Entertainment Supermodel Naomi Campbell ordered a bullet-proof car for her trip in the Colombia's gun-ridden capital, where she's judging a modeling competition. By: Mihaela Stroia, Entertainment Editor Supermodel Naomi Campbell ordered a bullet-proof car for her trip in the Colombia's gun-ridden capital, where she's judging a modeling competition.Naomi, 35, invited in Bogata, Columbia to judge a modeling competition that will take place Friday, is afraid she will be kidnapped by the local mobsters. A spokesman confirms: "She asked for a bullet proof car to drive her round Bogata."Colombia's murder rate is among the highest in the world, in line with the country's reputation as one of the world's most dangerous places. It maintains the second highest murder rate in Latin America at 112 per 100,000 people, is the traditional headquarters of one of the most powerful drug trafficking rings in Colombia and remains rife with narcotics-related violence.Naomi Campbell (born May 22, 1970), has been a prominent fashion model on the runway and in print advertising since the late 1980s. She posed nude for Playboy magazine and for a series of lesbian-erotic photos with Madonna in her book "Sex". She is also a successful singer; her album "Baby Woman" sold over 1 million copies worldwide (mostly in Japan), and she was featured on Vanilla Ice's single "Cool as Ice." She had appeared in music videos for George Michael, Michael Jackson and Jay-Z. In late 2004 she had a high profile relationship with Usher although as of 2005 their relationship appears to be over.Campbell was selected by People magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the world in 1991.

(Handbag.com) Campbell Furious After Airport ErrorFiery supermodel Naomi Campbell reportedly threw a tantrum in a Colombian airport when she discovered an airline mislaid her luggage, containing more than 70 designer dresses.The beauty was furious to discover her belongings had accidentally been flown to Texas and threatened to leave the country after yelling at Bogota airport staff.A local journalist tells the Daily Mirror, "She flew into a rage even cursing the Colombians and in one of her world-famous strops, threatened to return to New York City."The 35-year-old model was eventually pacified and agreed to continue her Un campaign to eradicate sex slavery. © Copyright World Entertainment News Network.

British pop star ROBBIE WILLIAMS secretly enjoyed a raunchy year-long affair with NAOMI CAMPBELL in 2001 - even though the model was in a serious relationship with racing mogul FLAVIO BRIATORE. Campbell's former personal assistant REBECCA WHITE claims she accidentally caught the pair in the throes of passion in the catwalk queen's London flat. But far from being embarrassed, they simply ordered her to arrange snacks to keep their energy levels up. White tells the News Of The World, "The first time I actually met him was that day in February 2001 when I walked into Naomi's bedroom and found them cuddled up in her bed. "It was the apartment Naomi shared with Flavio, with whom she was supposed to be having a serious relationship. "Naomi didn't try to hide that she was cheating on Flavio. I lived in the apartment below and every few hours they would summon me up to bring them food and drink." (ZJS/WNSNE/JB)

Poor thing. She's apparently got some serious drug problems. And self-esteem issues, by the looks of it.

Page Six

IN-FLIGHT TANTRUM

ANOTHER Naomi Campbell assistant has bitten the dust. The sybaritic supermodel parted ways with her latest underling on a British Airways London-L.A. flight last week. Before boarding, Naomi was heard complaining on the phone about service. Then, she turned on her assistant. "Naomi was angry because some dresses didn't get where they were supposed to go, and the assistant yelled that she was quitting," says our snitch. "Passengers complained to the stewardess, who was going to get the pilot, when they stopped their screaming match. Then they didn't speak to each other for several hours." Campbell's rep didn't return calls.

I would just love to see a timeline of how long each assistant lasted :D

I would just love to see a timeline of how long each assistant lasted :D

... and I'm wondering why people still want to work for her...

Naomi Campbell, John Malkovich Star in Pirelli Long-Form Ad

In the works since last year, tire maker Pirelli will, in March release The Call, a 10-minute video, created by Leo Burnett and set in the Vatican, starring John Malkovich who plays a priest and Naomi Campbell who plays the devil. Using the power stuggle between good and evil, Pirelli claims the film, directed by Antoine Fuqua, will be a metaphor for the company's "power is nothing without control" tagline. The film will be released exclusively online and receive promotion through online, print and television.

This is Hollywood-style, celebrity-powered ad is sure to give Russell Crowe plenty of ammunition to further castigate celebrities for selling out. That said, if we, as an industry want better ads, we have to tap better talent. Big names bring a sea of eyeballs and getting noticed in today's media environment is becoming an impossible task. Granted, Malkovick, though a superb actor, isn't A-list in terms of popularity and Campbell, while very popular, is no Malkovich in the acting department but together, they just might bring some notoriety and sales to Pirelli and its sleepy, commodity-like category of automotive tires.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Somehow the imagery (what little I have seen yet) of this ad reminds me of last year's Keanu Reeves movie Constantine, an angel gone over to the dark side, with its wings scorched - a lapsed priest...

Naomi Campbell Speaks Out About ArrestNAOMI CAMPBELL is fighting accusations that she reportedly assaulted her housekeeper this morning."We believe this is a case of retaliation, because Naomi had fired her housekeeper earlier this morning," Campbell's rep tells "The Insider"'s MARC MALKIN. "We are confident the courts will see it the same way."Earlier today, "The Insider" confirmed that the supermodel was arrested at her home for allegedly assaulting an employee. The housekeeper was reportedly taken to a hospital with a cut on her head.A source close to the covergirl tells Malkin that the housekeeper worked for Campbell for about four months. The source says Campbell fired her this morning because she believed she was stealing from her.Stay tuned to "The Insider" for the latest details!

I searched and couldn't find a thread for her.

Campbell Charged With Hitting Housekeeper NEW YORK - Volatile supermodel Naomi Campbell, one of the world's most recognizable faces, was charged with second-degree assault Thursday after cracking her housekeeper in the head with a phone during an argument in her Park Avenue apartment, police said. The British-born Campbell, 35, was taken into custody shortly after police responded to Lenox Hill Hospital to investigate the reported assault, police said. Campbell was charged after questioning at the Midtown North Precinct, where scores of photographers, reporters and film crews awaited her exit.This was not the first time that Campbell allegedly reached out and touched someone with a phone. In 2003, the supermodel was sued by a former administrative assistant who alleged that Campbell had thrown a phone at her during a tantrum two years earlierAccording to police, Campbell's 41-year-old housekeeper received four stitches to the head at the hospital after the incident. When investigating officers arrived at Lenox Hill, the alleged victim identified Campbell as her attacker, police said.The victim was not identified. The incident allegedly happened around 8 a.m. Thursday in Campbell's tony Park Avenue apartment, police said. In a statement, a Campbell spokesman said the supermodel was not responsible for any assault."We believe this is a case of retaliation, because Naomi had fired her housekeeper earlier this morning," said the statement from J.R. Johnson. "We are confident the courts will see it the same way."Campbell was discovered at age 15 and launched a career that landed her in magazines worldwide — including the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue. The international modeling sensation appeared in several films, and dabbled in a musical career.The mercurial Campbell has a reputation for angry outbursts and abusive behavior. In addition to the 2003 lawsuit, Campbell pleaded guilty three years earlier in Toronto to an assault charge for beating another assistant while making a film in Canada in 1998.She also battled a cocaine addiction before getting straight several years ago.

Link here.

Model Naomi Campbell arrested, via BBC

Supermodel Naomi Campbell has been arrested in New York on suspicion of assaulting her assistant. The London-born model was being held in police custody pending charges.

The assistant, a 42-year-old woman, was said taken to hospital after the alleged attack at the supermodel's home in Manhattan on Thursday morning.

A New York Police Department spokesman told BBC News the woman had needed four stitches to her head after being hit by a mobile phone following an argument. He said he did not know what the argument was about. Detective Bernard Gifford said she would be charged with a felony and would later go before a judge.

Campbell, who shot to fame after being discovered in London aged 15, is well known for her fiery temper. In 2000 she pleaded guilty in a Canadian court to assaulting another assistant, Georgina Galanis, while filming in Toronto two years earlier. Galanis, 38, had accused the model of grabbing her by the throat and hitting her on the head with a telephone.

Under an agreement reached between her lawyers and Canadian prosecutors Campbell was given an absolute discharge, preventing her from receiving a criminal record in Canada.

Posted Image

Naomi Campbell walks away from her apartment building with police officers.

CREDIT: ARNALDO MAGNANI / GETTY

I'm confused - is this an arrest based on the OLD incident or are they saying she did it AGAIN??? It looks like this arrest comes from the old 2003 incident? (gee, that's gonna be a great case!)

Edited by soho2chelsea

No, she did it again. Three separate assaults (that I count - maybe more!):1. 1998 - Naomi beats assistant. Prosecuted in Canada 2000.2. 2001 - Naomi throws phone at assistant. Assistant sues 2003.3. This morning - Naomi whaps assistant or housekeeper on head with phone. Naomi arrested.

I would like to know what the injuries are on this latest victim. If they are non-existent, I WOULD kind of have to wonder. Is Naomi stupid enough to do the EXACT SAME THING - with a PHONE - again?

Latest victim took four stitches to the head.oh and I found a fourth assault on the first page of this thread - March 2005 report that she beat her assistant with... a Blackberry.

ETA: never mind! I got it. clearly the woman is insane. Also, she better stop wearing this T-shirt

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/7242_1252886,00180010.htm

"Naomi hit me, and I loved it"

Asian News International

London, February 22, 2005

Supermodel Naomi Campbell was sighted in New York sporting a full sleeved T-shirt that seemed to openly ridicule the hyped up case of her attacking her personal assistant.

Campbell who is known to have a bad temper and has also been reported to be attending anger management sessions had a complaint against her in November last year that she hit and head butted her personal assistant Amie Castaldo.

The T- shirt that she wore had "NAOMI HIT ME" written in large bold letters on the front and "AND I LOVED IT on the back. She matched it with a full skirt, and knee high sequinned boots and large shades.

Whether the T-shirt is a nemesis to Amie Castaldo's allegations or not, it is definitely a fashion statement if somebody like Naomi Campbell is sporting it.

Edited by soho2chelsea

What is it with her and phones? In every case, she either beat the woman with a phone or threw the phone and hit the victim.

She and Russell Crowe must subscribe to the same life philosophy: if it makes you cross, throw a phone at it!

This woman gets away with murder. Her housekeeper needs four stitches in the back of her head and Naomi gets let off by the 'judge' to 'meet the children and her boss Nelson Mandella in South Africa'. I read this morning New Yorkers are calling it 'celebrity justice' and that really seems to be true. I think all this favouring of celebs should stop. If they want to be treated like ordinary people they should have to take the consequences of their actions like ordinary people.