Endora

Janet Jackson

God, nothing annoys me more than celebs trying to spout ignorant crap when it comes to weight loss. *shoots a look at Star Jones* Let's do the math here: Janet claims she lost 60 pounds over 4 months. That's 15/month. Your body shouldn't be dropping more than 2/week in terms of sustained, healthy weight loss, so that's 10. Janet's asking us to believe she--with trainers and cooks at hand, all to see to it that she has not just a fit figure, but a HEALTHY one to last her the rest of her life--was dropping weight above and beyond doctor's recs, and everybody was peachy-keen-fine about this. (And not to get into the complication that muscle weighs more than fat--it just occupies less space than fat!--so if she was actually building muscle back up while trying to drop her excess bodyfat, she'd not be dropping huge digits in actuality.) Plus, in the US story--which I nearly threw across my gym in a rage at the stupidity--she tries to say "nothing" happened for 2 months, meaning she went from losing zero to then miraculously dropped 30/month for two months straight--and then magically the body put the brakes on as of now, and is balancing its weight vs. continuing to drop.I know there's a stigma against fat cells in Hollywood, but don't any of these women (or men) have the moral courage not to mislead thousands of women and girls out there, that weight loss is ultra-easy? I'd have a heck of a lot more respect for Janet if she just said she had to work her rear off to get into the shape she is now, and it was hard as heck. (This is why I like Jennifer Garner--she's one of the few female celebs who actually seems to acknowledge she has to work like the devil to be in the form she's in.) Rant over, sorry!

Leia1912 You are so right. You just need a healty diet, not crack, meth or the angle dust. I hate looking at ribs and afraid to touch them.

God, nothing annoys me more than celebs trying to spout ignorant crap when it comes to weight loss. *shoots a look at Star Jones* Let's do the math here: Janet claims she lost 60 pounds over 4 months. That's 15/month. Your body shouldn't be dropping more than 2/week in terms of sustained, healthy weight loss, so that's 10. Janet's asking us to believe she--with trainers and cooks at hand, all to see to it that she has not just a fit figure, but a HEALTHY one to last her the rest of her life--was dropping weight above and beyond doctor's recs, and everybody was peachy-keen-fine about this. (And not to get into the complication that muscle weighs more than fat--it just occupies less space than fat!--so if she was actually building muscle back up while trying to drop her excess bodyfat, she'd not be dropping huge digits in actuality.) Plus, in the US story--which I nearly threw across my gym in a rage at the stupidity--she tries to say "nothing" happened for 2 months, meaning she went from losing zero to then miraculously dropped 30/month for two months straight--and then magically the body put the brakes on as of now, and is balancing its weight vs. continuing to drop.I know there's a stigma against fat cells in Hollywood, but don't any of these women (or men) have the moral courage not to mislead thousands of women and girls out there, that weight loss is ultra-easy? I'd have a heck of a lot more respect for Janet if she just said she had to work her rear off to get into the shape she is now, and it was hard as heck. (This is why I like Jennifer Garner--she's one of the few female celebs who actually seems to acknowledge she has to work like the devil to be in the form she's in.) Rant over, sorry!

Why can't stuff like what you just wrote be in fashion magazines? Why can't we tell girls that it doesn't come this easy. I'd bet a house that she had lipo, did some kind of drugs, and maybe some additional sculpting surgery to make her the "healthy" person she is today. Thanks for writing that -- it was really good.

I couldn't agree more. I'm so tired of all the attention this woman gets for her body when we all know it wasn't obtained by "normal" means. Hopefully, this record will bomb even more than the last one and we won't have to deal with any more of her "miraculous" weight losses in the future.

Posted Image

Dripping with diamonds, a svelte Janet Jackson revels in her new look Thursday at the Declare Your "Love" Day cocktail party (for Cartier's charity-driven "Love" collection) in New York City.

Posted Image

Dripping with diamonds, a svelte Janet Jackson revels in her new look Thursday at the Declare Your "Love" Day cocktail party (for Cartier's charity-driven "Love" collection) in New York City.

UGH! I'm sorry, but with each new subsequent picture I see of Janet Jackson these days she is looking more and more horrifying! What the hell has she done to herself :huh: --I know all her publicity in recent weeks has been about her weight loss but, she must have done something else--she looks FUGLY!. -_-

On the E! Message Boards they are saying it is very possible that she had gained weight because she was pregnant, then had a secret baby, and that is how/why she lost it so fast (probably with some surgery too!)This wouldn't be the first time she had been keeping secrets...

Some people get too skinny and their face starts caving in and also their head starts looking way too big for their body. She looks just horrible. I'm not supporting her anymore, because I think she lied as much as Star did. Diet and exercise in 6 weeks? Don't we all wish.

SIX PACK

Janet Jackson shows off her ab-fabulous body during an interview stop at the XM Satellite Radio studios in Washington, D.C., on Thursday.

Posted Image

Jackson Denies Wedding Rumors Janet Jackson has rubbished reports she is planning to marry her long-term boyfriend Jermaine Dupri later this year - but admits he could be planning a surprise. Music producer Dupri was recently telling friends the pair will exchange vows at the end of September, when they attended the Espy Awards in Hollywood earlier this month. But the singer has dismissed the speculation while in Berlin, Germany to promote her new album 20 Years Old. She says, "That was just a joke. At least I don't know anything about it yet. But we are happier than ever." She also told a radio interview in Britain this week, "He said something about September 26 we were getting married. That's the date the album comes out! That's what he said. I don't know. Everyone's been asking me about it. And if it's meant to happen, it'll happen."

CBS appeals fine for Janet Jackson breast flashingCBS Corp. asked an appeals court on Friday to overturn a Federal Communications Commission fine for the network's broadcast of pop singer Janet Jackson's breast flash during the 2004 Super Bowl broadcast.The FCC ruled that the incident was legally indecent and fined 20 stations owned by CBS $550,000."We disagree strongly with the FCC's conclusions and will continue to pursue all remedies necessary to affirm our legal rights," CBS said in a statement."CBS has apologized to the American people for the inappropriate and unexpected half-time incident, and immediately implemented safeguards that have governed similar broadcasts ever since," the network said.Last month, President George W. Bush signed a new law that raises fines tenfold for radio and television broadcasters that air extensive profanity or sexual content that the FCC determines violate U.S. decency standards. Congress approved the increase in fines -- to as much as $325,000 per violation -- in response to the Super Bowl incident. Some television viewers were outraged by the half-time entertainment during the game when pop singer Justin Timberlake ripped off part of duet partner Janet Jackson's costume and briefly exposed her breast.CBS said it was required to pay the $550,000 fine as a procedural step in order to appeal the FCC ruling.The FCC said it would "vigorously defend" its decision."CBS' continued insistence that the halftime show was not indecent demonstrates that it is out of touch with the American people. Millions of parents, as well as Congress, understand what CBS does not: Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction" was indeed indecent," FCC spokeswoman Tamara Lipper said in a statement.U.S. television and radio broadcasters are barred from airing obscene material and are limited from broadcasting indecent materials between the hours of 6 a.m. and 10 p.m., a period of time when children are likely to be watching. The restrictions do not apply to cable or satellite services.

*Sigh* I used to think Janet was the ONLY Jackson who wasn't batsh*t-to-the-wind insane, but alas, I think she officially is these days. The weird yo-yo dieting, ditzy comments on her "engagement" - so sad, IMO. She really seemed like she had so much going for her at one time (many moons ago). Aren't there ANY good therapists out there in LA? :blink:

EQUALS IN BED

Page Six

Posted Image

July 30, 2006 -- JANET Jackson confesses she enjoyed sex more than her lovers did - until she met Jermaine Dupri. "I feel like I finally met my match," she tells Essence magazine. "In relationships it was always the guy telling me, 'OK, hold on, wait a minute.' I'd ask my girlfriends, 'Aren't we supposed to be the ones who say, 'Wait, not tonight, I have a headache'? This happened through two [marriages] for me. I thought something's not right here. But with Jermaine I don't have to say anything; he knows I'm ready. Any time, any place."

EQUALS IN BED

Page Six

July 30, 2006 -- JANET Jackson confesses she enjoyed sex more than her lovers did - until she met Jermaine Dupri. "I feel like I finally met my match," she tells Essence magazine. "In relationships it was always the guy telling me, 'OK, hold on, wait a minute.' I'd ask my girlfriends, 'Aren't we supposed to be the ones who say, 'Wait, not tonight, I have a headache'? This happened through two [marriages] for me. I thought something's not right here. But with Jermaine I don't have to say anything; he knows I'm ready. Any time, any place."

Definitey T.M.I. :rolleyes: I SO could use not having that image in my head. Eeeewww. Yuck... Didn't need to know that, Janet. (And bet no one was asking, either)

EQUALS IN BED

Page Six

Posted Image

She looks like a creature

TABLES TURNEDJANET Jackson has been banned from fancy Paris restaurant Arpege, sources say. The pop star was only able to get a reservation at the small, expensive place because of her fame. The owners had to move fashion designer Christian Lacroix to a dining room downstairs to free up a table for Jackson. "But she bailed out and didn't bother to call to cancel," said a witness. A rep for Jackson claims she never had a reservation there. Look for the full story in "Everybody Eats There," an upcoming book by Mara Gibbs and William Stadiem about 80 legendary restaurants around the world.

EQUALS IN BED

Page Six

Why in the UNIVERSE did she say this? Did she think we'd think she was SEXY? This kind of information should be kept to the two people involved in it. Jermaine Dupree is about as sexy as Janet, so maybe they deserve each other.

Janet's latest top-half time show Janet Jackson is ready for her next wardrobe malfunction.Having shed those pounds she put on for a movie part she never got, the Super Bowl strumpet sports only a shell necklace and bikini bottom on the September cover of Vibe.Inside, Craig Seymour asks whether she and boyfriend Jermaine Dupri are "a 'toys' couple, a 'making movies' couple or an 'all out in public' couple." Jackson replies: "All of the above." Janet also recounts the time she walked in on her parents having sex. "I didn't know what I was watching," she explains. "My brother [Michael Jackson] and I were very close at that time, so he was the one who told me." She's been getting her sex advice elsewhere lately.Speaking of Michael, a Manhattan judge has given the law firm Wachtel & Masyr permission to withdraw as Jackson's defense counsel in a $48 million case against a creditor. Attorney William Wachtel claims Jackson hasn't returned calls or E-mails for weeks. This comes as the L.A. firm of Ayscough & Marar is suing the King of Pop for $200,000 in fees, and Airport Industrial real estate claims Jacko owes $62,486 in back rent.

What Would Janet Do?“Janet Jackson is ready for her next wardrobe malfunction,” reports the New York Daily News. “The Super Bowl strumpet sports only a shell necklace and bikini bottom on the September cover of Vibe.” A choice morsel from the mag’s cover story: the time she walked in on her parents having sex. “I didn’t know what I was watching,” she explains. “My brother [Michael] and I were very close at the time, so he was the one who told me.” It’s just too easy to come up with a snarky follow-up to that, so we’ll let you provide one yourselves.