princess

Rosie O'Donnell

I do think, however, that Chit Chatters must remember one thing...we are here as friends to "discuss" celebs. There should be no animosity because someone disagrees with you. Inane behavior is supposed to be saved for the Britneys and Lohans of this world -- let's not have it here.

Agreed. :D

I seemed to notice though...things have settled down on the board for a bit...I can't imagine why. :)

I do think, however, that Chit Chatters must remember one thing...we are here as friends to "discuss" celebs. There should be no animosity because someone disagrees with you. Inane behavior is supposed to be saved for the Britneys and Lohans of this world -- let's not have it here.

I seemed to notice though...things have settled down on the board for a bit...I can't imagine why. :)

Yea, me neither.... :D

Maybe the answer is obvious ( I am out of the loop), but can I ask why things are calmer?? :unsure:

Maybe the answer is obvious ( I am out of the loop), but can I ask why things are calmer?? :unsure:

We need something really cool to snark on,.... where is that Andrew Morton book????

http://www.rosie.com/blog/2007/05/26/no-ja-hero/

WOW. Just WOW. What strikes me the most is two grown up women in the utmost childishness laugh about Janette drawing a fake mustache on Elisabeth as if it makes perfect sense to do so. It floors me there are women out there this immature. Rosie, this video is doing you NO favors. Elisabeth calling you to discuss and you refusing to speak just speaks ill of you. If I were Rosie, I would lay off drinking and blogging.

This is the most amazing piece of stupidity I have ever seen. I'm with you, Cruzin: Wow. Infantile. I almost had to turn it off when Rosie talked about how people in Broadway shows have a sense of comraderie and cover for each other, blah blah. Yeah, Rosie. It's Elisabeth's job to cover for your caustic, nasty personality. I'm still listening as I write this.... I'm in the "questions" from fans section. Seriously, it's like slowing down to look at a 10 car pile up on the freeway. Oh man, I'm so done, one quesion just specifically blamed Elisabeth...

It will be VERY interesting to see how Rosie blames Elisabeth or Barbara for the certain fall out from this video. It reminds me of my joke with my husband: anytime ANYTHING bad happens to his ex-wife because of her stupid decisions, I am somehow at fault. And I'm talking things like DUIs, cats dying, white laundry turning pink, etc.

The best part of this video: gone is any delusion that leaving was Rosie's idea!

Edited by annabeast

But my final word on Rosie: I used to like her because she seemed to have a lot of heart. It seems like ever since she came out, it's been "game on." I could care less about her sexual orientation. Consider this: why is she so mean all of a sudden?

Based on what I saw several years ago when I worked at a charity that Rosie was actively involved in, Rosie has always been mean, nasty and self-centered. This was years before her talk show when she became "the queen of nice." (Gag.) So I found her comment on her video about the camraderie on broadway shows particularly ironic.

Having said that, I agree with Soho's point that we do need people with Rosie's view in the media and that the View will be a lot more boring without her. And I still hate Elisabeth Hasselback. ;)

This is the most amazing piece of stupidity I have ever seen.

Clearly you have not yet seen Lindsay Lohan's post-car-crash video. ;)

It is pretty funny to compare this video with the way Rosie's image used to be as the "Queen of Nice." I remember several of my Republican girlfriends used to just ADORE her.

Rosie is ridiculous but I still find her entertaining. I can't help it. I guess I'm just looking for some trainwrecks to watch and giggle at that don't involve actual, literal wrecks or other seriously depressing things.

Edited by soho2chelsea

This is a little off topic but Roseanne Barr was talking about the View and she was saying no one on the View has to actually work for a living. "Professional rich people" I think is the term she used and they don't talk about schools or health care or anything that is relevant to many people. She kinda made alot of sense.

Sorry folks, I'll just come out and say it. My views are far closer to Elisabeth's than Rosie's. So have at it, call me a mofo or whatever, I don't care. :)

Sorry folks, I'll just come out and say it. My views are far closer to Elisabeth's than Rosie's. So have at it, call me a mofo or whatever, I don't care.

annabeast, you and I have a lot in common. :)

The Split-Screen Sent Rosie Running

Kathy Griffin spent the entire day with Rosie O'Donnell on Friday and learned that the split-screen of her fight with Elisabeth is the reason she left. Kathy told an audience during her comedy act last night.

Kathy said, "And that's what it was. I said, 'What was really it?' And she said, 'The split-screen.' She said, 'I don't want to do Hannity and Colmes. ' " Kathy said that Rosie doesn't hate Elisabeth.

Rosie took to her blog again yesterday with a video where she says she hasn't talked to Elisabeth and probably never will. She's still going on and on about it and I'd wish she'd just move on already. Rosie's last appearance on the show will be Monday which was pre-taped.

Click here to see Rosie's video blog. Hopefully this will be the last time she talks about it.

http://www.dlisted.com/

In all seriousness, does anyone actually watch "The View"? I saw it once, while my car was being serviced or in a waiting room or something, and it was so shrill I had to leave the room. :o

I am having a hard time imagining that anyone actually takes seriously the opinions expressed by the people on that show. I have not heard anything about "The View" to make me think there is anything relevant about it.

Perhaps I am missing the point. Is this kind of like rubbernecking at a train wreck? :unsure:

Sorry folks, I'll just come out and say it. My views are far closer to Elisabeth's than Rosie's. So have at it, call me a mofo or whatever, I don't care.

Does that really matter? :huh: I mean those of us that have similar beliefs of Rosie's don't support her tactics...and those of us(myself included) who are both liberal and conservative minded, still think it's an ugly incident regardless of personal beliefs.

Does that really matter? :huh: I mean those of us that have similar beliefs of Rosie's don't support her tactics...and those of us(myself included) who are both liberal and conservative minded, still think it's an ugly incident regardless of personal beliefs.

I totally agree. I am not of the belief that it has to be so black and white (or blue and red, in this case), and this is a good example of why, because the actual point is getting skewed by political affiliations. I really wish we had a more diverse party system instead of the two, but that is off topic...

The actual arguement that Rosie and Elizabeth have had over this war and this administration has been going on for the whole season. In my opinion, most if not all other times Elizabeth has proved only ignorance and/or blind faith, with regards to this issue. In a way its not her fault, and she is a realistic representative of the beliefs of portion of this country, but that doesn't make her any less of a naive fool in a lot of cases. Bottom line, if everyone was as trusting, naive, and gullible as she is, the people in charge would get away with MURDER. Has anyone here heard the term "Sheeple"? It means people who are just mindless, naive, "sheep", to be herded and controlled. ;)

I would say Elizabeth won if I had never taken any Philosophy classes and knew about different kinds of Arguements. She uses tactics that, to me, say she can't stand on her stance alone. She had to disarm Rosie on something that didn't really invalidate her arguement, but could hurt her overall credibility. In my opinion it was misconstrued as Rosie isn't stupid enough to believe the soldiers are actually acting on their own accord, its the people making the big calls that she is implying as terrorists. Elizabeth making Rosie sound wrong, will make herself sound right, even though she has shown no evidence of anything related to her opinions on the issue.

Edited by T.C.Darling

Good point, Bobby.

Thanks, and as long as we all snark together(and not on each other)...It's all good. ;)

I totally agree. I am not of the belief that it has to be so black and white (or blue and red, in this case), and this is a good example of why, because the actual point is getting skewed by political affiliations. I really wish we had a more diverse party system instead of the two, but that is off topic...

The actual arguement that Rosie and Elizabeth have had over this war and this administration has been going on for the whole season. In my opinion, most if not all other times Elizabeth has proved only ignorance and/or blind faith, with regards to this issue. In a way its not her fault, and she is a realistic representative of the beliefs of portion of this country, but that doesn't make her any less of a naive fool in a lot of cases. Bottom line, if everyone was as trusting, naive, and gullible as she is, the people in charge would get away with MURDER. Has anyone here heard the term "Sheeple"? It means people who are just mindless, naive, "sheep", to be herded and controlled. ;)

I would say Elizabeth won if I had never taken any Philosophy classes and knew about different kinds of Arguements. She uses tactics that, to me, say she can't stand on her stance alone. She had to disarm Rosie on something that didn't really invalidate her arguement, but could hurt her overall credibility. In my opinion it was misconstrued as Rosie isn't stupid enough to believe the soldiers are actually acting on their own accord, its the people making the big calls that she is implying as terrorists. Elizabeth making Rosie sound wrong, will make herself sound right, even though she has shown no evidence of anything related to her opinions on the issue.

Except for the fact that Elisabeth never said Rosie thought the US troops were terrorists. I think Elisabeth's point was that she could not clarify Rosie's thoughts and that Rosie was better served doing that herself. I still do not understand why Rosie did not do it herself but instead kept sayin "Do you think I think that".

I agree with you that Rosie's INTENT was directed at the administration when she said those words, however by extension you have to also mean the troops that carried out the actions of the dead Iraqi's she was referring to. If I could, I would liken it to saying that the people who were killed in the WTC were killed by terrorists and having it only mean Bin Laden and his top tier people. Terrorists would also be the guys on the ground who carried the orders out. Does that make sense? I think that is why Rosie should clarify her comments because they could be misconstrued quite easily by some people.

Except for the fact that Elisabeth never said Rosie thought the US troops were terrorists. I think Elisabeth's point was that she could not clarify Rosie's thoughts and that Rosie was better served doing that herself. I still do not understand why Rosie did not do it herself but instead kept sayin "Do you think I think that".

I agree with you that Rosie's INTENT was directed at the administration when she said those words, however by extension you have to also mean the troops that carried out the actions of the dead Iraqi's she was referring to. If I could, I would liken it to saying that the people who were killed in the WTC were killed by terrorists and having it only mean Bin Laden and his top tier people. Terrorists would also be the guys on the ground who carried the orders out. Does that make sense? I think that is why Rosie should clarify her comments because they could be misconstrued quite easily by some people.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. I think Rosie blew a big chance to make her point and I don't quite understand her thought process knowing this was her last few weeks... maybe she was planning on waiting til her last day? Something was holding her back - is it possible she recieved threats?

Okay, in regard to all comments on Elisabeth being stupid:

Elisabeth:

Graduated from Boston College in 1999

Rosie:

Dropped out of Boston University after 1 year.

Now I'm not saying that a college education makes you smarter, but you can't say it makes you dumber. Both have done things to give back to their community (Elisabeth taught in Belize for a period, and Rosie's charities are well known because she talks about them incessantly)

Someone needs to explain to me why it is wrong to slur "minorities" and homosexuals: but it is open season on blondes, Christians, conservatives and heterosexuals, to name only a few. Just sayin'.

Someone needs to explain to me why it is wrong to slur "minorities" and homosexuals: but it is open season on blondes, Christians, conservatives and heterosexuals, to name only a few. Just sayin'.

Uhhh...Let's not compare the plight of blondes, Christians, conservatives, to minorities and homosexuals. I mean if it's tongue in cheek, playfulness(which I'm taking your last post to be, since I do like you, annabeast...even if our politics may differ)....but we gotta be careful of that. :blink:

Playing the Tongue in Cheek Route...It's open season because some people feel it necessary to shove their religions/beliefs down peoples throats. The more vocal/opinionated(regardless of affiliation) you are...the more of a big ass bullseye you get. I also think we are getting more wack jobs because many believe that the final days(Revelations) are here. We also have an administration that is using religion as a way of putting across their agendas, winning elections, and dividing the nation.

This administration and the Iraq war have nothing to do with christianity...at least not the church and God I serve. Maybe one day there will be a large multitude of people/christians will wake up and see this and not be in denial which I think a lot of people are...

Okay, in regard to all comments on Elisabeth being stupid:

Elisabeth:

Graduated from Boston College in 1999

Rosie:

Dropped out of Boston University after 1 year.

Now I'm not saying that a college education makes you smarter, but you can't say it makes you dumber. Both have done things to give back to their community (Elisabeth taught in Belize for a period, and Rosie's charities are well known because she talks about them incessantly)

I agree with your point that it would be wrong to slur her in such a way, but I only have seen responses to what she says, not who she is. It becomes much complicated and ultimately irrelevant when people take issue with who people are, their backgrounds, religion, etc.. instead of what they are voicing. As far as I am concerned, Race, Religion, and Political affiliation are not really relevant in terms of judging how valid a person's position is. The facts alone are the only determinant!

Uhhh...Let's not compare the plight of blondes, Christians, conservatives, to minorities and homosexuals. I mean if it's tongue in cheek, playfulness(which I'm taking your last post to be, since I do like you, annabeast...even if our politics may differ)....but we gotta be careful of that.

Oh, I assure you I am not being tongue in cheek at all. Nor am I in any way diminishing what homosexuals, and (in my opinion) to a lesser degree, minorities, have to endure. I learned a long time ago, through personal experience, that you can't explain the subtle slights to a class that doesn't have to put up with the things you do (my own is being a woman in the corporate world, and my experience was trying to explain, to a man, how demeaning it was that women were always being held to do the menial chores at the office, such as make coffee, taking minutes, covering for the receptionist at lunch, etc. The man's attitude was: what's the big deal about making coffee? This from someone who never had to make coffee, but would be horrified if he was asked to. Anyway, you may think that is stupid, but it isn't to me) To summarize: I think you can't know what someone experiences unless you walk in their shoes, and therefore I TRY not to make judgements about the validity of claims of those who feel persecuted.

But the politically correct, liberal crowd is much more virulent in expressing their opinions than the more conservative among us. And I've received SEVERAL private messages from folks on this board that agree with my views, but are afraid to express them because they are attacked. Just because I am white, conservative and Christian doesn't mean I "shove my beliefs down your throat." I don't. I honestly don't care about anyone's sexual orientation, religion or race. I have beliefs that center around the conduct of people amongst each other.

Rosie may be a lesbian, but she's one mean, obnoxious bitch, and SHE is accountable for her actions, not Elisabeth. Being a lesbian doesn't give her special privileges, right?

Edited by annabeast

Oh, I assure you I am not being tongue in cheek at all. Nor am I in any way diminishing what homosexuals, and (in my opinion) to a lesser degree, minorities, have to endure. I learned a long time ago, through personal experience, that you can't explain the subtle slights to a class that doesn't have to put up with the things you do (my own is being a woman in the corporate world, and my experience was trying to explain, to a man, how demeaning it was that women were always being held to do the menial chores at the office, such as make coffee, taking minutes, covering for the receptionist at lunch, etc. The man's attitude was: what's the big deal about making coffee? This from someone who never had to make coffee, but would be horrified if he was asked to. Anyway, you may think that is stupid, but it isn't to me) To summarize: I think you can't know what someone experiences unless you walk in their shoes, and therefore I TRY not to make judgements about the validity of claims of those who feel persecuted.

But the politically correct, liberal crowd is much more virulent in expressing their opinions than the more conservative among us. And I've received SEVERAL private messages from folks on this board that agree with my views, but are afraid to express them because they are attacked. Just because I am white, conservative and Christian doesn't mean I "shove my beliefs down your throat." I don't. I honestly don't care about anyone's sexual orientation, religion or race. I have beliefs that center around the conduct of people amongst each other.

Rosie may be a lesbian, but she's one mean, obnoxious bitch, and SHE is accountable for her actions, not Elisabeth. Being a lesbian doesn't give her special privileges, right?

Posted Image I agree. Each person is entitled to an opinion but it doesn't mean that they don't need to show the same respect to others that they expect for themselves. Edited by leaivory