princess

Rosie O'Donnell

Does that really matter? I mean those of us that have similar beliefs of Rosie's don't support her tactics...and those of us(myself included) who are both liberal and conservative minded, still think it's an ugly incident regardless of personal beliefs.

It doesn't matter, but at the same time I wanted annabeast to know it appears that she and I think along the same lines. Maybe I should have pm'd her, but it wasn't meant to be an attack on anyone.

SHE is accountable for her actions, not Elisabeth

This is the key issue in my opinion. At the end of the day we are all responsible for our own actions and have to be accountable for them. Rosie was angry that Elisabeth didn't stick up for her, plain and simple. When in reality Elisabeth didn't throw her under a bus, she simply said Rosie should have to clarify her own statement.

Edited by Trizzie

Oh, I assure you I am not being tongue in cheek at all. Nor am I in any way diminishing what homosexuals, and (in my opinion) to a lesser degree, minorities, have to endure. I learned a long time ago, through personal experience, that you can't explain the subtle slights to a class that doesn't have to put up with the things you do (my own is being a woman in the corporate world, and my experience was trying to explain, to a man, how demeaning it was that women were always being held to do the menial chores at the office, such as make coffee, taking minutes, covering for the receptionist at lunch, etc. The man's attitude was: what's the big deal about making coffee? This from someone who never had to make coffee, but would be horrified if he was asked to. Anyway, you may think that is stupid, but it isn't to me) To summarize: I think you can't know what someone experiences unless you walk in their shoes, and therefore I TRY not to make judgements about the validity of claims of those who feel persecuted.

But the politically correct, liberal crowd is much more virulent in expressing their opinions than the more conservative among us. And I've received SEVERAL private messages from folks on this board that agree with my views, but are afraid to express them because they are attacked. Just because I am white, conservative and Christian doesn't mean I "shove my beliefs down your throat." I don't. I honestly don't care about anyone's sexual orientation, religion or race. I have beliefs that center around the conduct of people amongst each other.

Rosie may be a lesbian, but she's one mean, obnoxious bitch, and SHE is accountable for her actions, not Elisabeth. Being a lesbian doesn't give her special privileges, right?

I could be wrong...but It seems like you may have some anger about this board having a strong liberal slant. You are entitled to your opinion(not saying you are wrong, I'll respond with a resounding....duhh! it's an entertainment board which is overwhelmingly liberal). My concern was you initially asked how it's not okay to slur minorites and homosexuals and open season on blondes, christians. That's not cool...where is it open season on blondes and christians? According to Rosie? Where are the blonde, christian slurs? I mean I do know that conservatives aren't pretty popular in this country now for various political reasons(we are in a globally unpopular war initiated by people who call themselves...men of God). Also keep in mind...Elisabeth is working in a liberal industry..it does take guts for her to stand up..so I give her props to an extent....her views are a little extreme(like Rosie's) but she should be allowed to share them...but she's got to be prepared from a public backlash(since the war and conservative movement is pretty unpopular at the present time).

Now...ok, you're christian, white, conservative. Please share your views more. You also have to realize that our posts reflect diverse segments of our society, regarding the entertainment industry, it seems to me that conservative viewpoints aren't very popular at the present time in many public forums(I'll give you that). But please express your opinions and trust that a majority of us are fair individuals that can agree or disagree without getting ugly(bear with a few that haven't learned that). I've personally mixed it up with conservatives and liberals here and other boards...but eventually we had to leave it to agree to disagree....I'm not trying to change peoples minds...maybe open them? Snark on! ;)

Oh, I assure you I am not being tongue in cheek at all. Nor am I in any way diminishing what homosexuals, and (in my opinion) to a lesser degree, minorities, have to endure. I learned a long time ago, through personal experience, that you can't explain the subtle slights to a class that doesn't have to put up with the things you do (my own is being a woman in the corporate world, and my experience was trying to explain, to a man, how demeaning it was that women were always being held to do the menial chores at the office, such as make coffee, taking minutes, covering for the receptionist at lunch, etc. The man's attitude was: what's the big deal about making coffee? This from someone who never had to make coffee, but would be horrified if he was asked to. Anyway, you may think that is stupid, but it isn't to me) To summarize: I think you can't know what someone experiences unless you walk in their shoes, and therefore I TRY not to make judgements about the validity of claims of those who feel persecuted.

But the politically correct, liberal crowd is much more virulent in expressing their opinions than the more conservative among us. And I've received SEVERAL private messages from folks on this board that agree with my views, but are afraid to express them because they are attacked. Just because I am white, conservative and Christian doesn't mean I "shove my beliefs down your throat." I don't. I honestly don't care about anyone's sexual orientation, religion or race. I have beliefs that center around the conduct of people amongst each other.

Rosie may be a lesbian, but she's one mean, obnoxious bitch, and SHE is accountable for her actions, not Elisabeth. Being a lesbian doesn't give her special privileges, right?

I could be wrong...but It seems like you may have some anger about this board having a strong liberal slant. You are entitled to your opinion(not saying you are wrong, I'll respond with a resounding....duhh! it's an entertainment board which is overwhelmingly liberal). My concern was you initially asked how it's not okay to slur minorites and homosexuals and open season on blondes, christians. That's not cool...where is it open season on blondes and christians? According to Rosie? Where are the blonde, christian slurs? I mean I do know that conservatives aren't pretty popular in this country now for various political reasons(we are in a globally unpopular war initiated by people who call themselves...men of God). Also keep in mind...Elisabeth is working in a liberal industry..it does take guts for her to stand up..so I give her props to an extent....her views are a little extreme(like Rosie's) but she should be allowed to share them...but she's got to be prepared from a public backlash(since the war and conservative movement is pretty unpopular at the present time).

Now...ok, you're christian, white, conservative. Please share your views more. You also have to realize that our posts reflect diverse segments of our society, regarding the entertainment industry, it seems to me that conservative viewpoints aren't very popular at the present time in many public forums(I'll give you that). But please express your opinions and trust that a majority of us are fair individuals that can agree or disagree without getting ugly(bear with a few that haven't learned that). I've personally mixed it up with conservatives and liberals here and other boards...but eventually we had to leave it to agree to disagree....I'm not trying to change peoples minds...maybe open them? Snark on! ;)

As someone who has debated both public and in PM with Bobby, I can attest that he debates in a manner that is respectful of views that are different most of the time.

I do however agree with annabeast in that some of the liberal crowd thinks it's OK to throw out the word "Christian" disdainfully as if it were an insult but would never do the same to other religions. It is also seemingly easy to refer to the conservatives as stupid, blind, etc and have that stand as a factual component to the arguments. I say this as an agnostic and as someone who used to be one of those who held disdain in a similar fashion for Christians but would defend others rights to express their non Christian beliefs. I have to admit I did this when I was a liberal and it was never called out by my fellow idealogical compadres. It should have been.

As the years went by, I really came to realize that I could not uphold my values of everyone treated with respect regardless of race, religion, sex, etc. when I did not include Christians in that same vein. Its like being an ex smoker, now I notice when it is done by others probably moreso than most.

As for this board, it does have a liberal slant by a wide margin it appears. A lot of the posters here are passionate liberals and express their views very openly. There are just a few who go so far as to almost state if you had the opposite view in certain instances than they do, you join a group of people they find to be idiots, religious nuts, Bushies, etc. I notice they never get called out for it, and often get a rah rah from the group. It makes those who hold those differing views probably very relunctant to express them in a place where they are the minority.

I can not speak for anna, but I know what she means in her inference that people agree but do not want to do so publicly for fear of attack. I would not characterize it as attack though. I would say what you get is a few posters who will give you a public cold shoulder should you debate them on politics or hold views they do not like. At least that is what I have felt from a few. Its OK, it's their right. It's a little chit chat Alicia Silverstonish but hey.....live and let live. I still love this board though, and find that unlike a lot of other boards, the people do not attack the poster with the views but debate the views itself.

Thanks everyone, for your input, I do appreciate it. Bobby, I would say that "anger" is a pretty strong word in this situation because, as was pointed out, this is merely a blog. When I stop and think about it, I have never felt personally attacked, so all's well in my world.

Okay, now someone needs to get down to the real business at hand and answer my question in the Lindsay thread about WHAT WAS ON THAT VIDEO! I'm one of those who couldn't open it!

Regards to all of you!

Okay, now someone needs to get down to the real business at hand and answer my question in the Lindsay thread about WHAT WAS ON THAT VIDEO! I'm one of those who couldn't open it!

hear hear! (or, here here?)

whatever it is, I need to see that video of lindsay's crash ASAP -- enough with Rosie and Elizabeth!

whatever it is, I need to see that video of lindsay's crash ASAP -- enough with Rosie and Elizabeth!

Yeah, I've had enough of these two as well... maybe they should just get locked in a room together for a day and when they come out we will either have a Happy Homemaker Rosie who wears make up, a bra, and shaves all her parts.... or an Elizabeth in full out Liberal Lipstick Lesbo mode at Rosie's full disposal. :wacko:

Edited by T.C.Darling

Thanks, Cruz...You are very respectful in our spirited debates as well. :)

Yeah, we should all feel free to post our views/opinions, regardless of political affiliations without worrying about being attacked. At least we can all agree that these starlets/pop stars we snark on are pretty messed up. I still call Rosie an idiot(even if I agree with some of her views) I don't like her tactics at all...and still didn't like her Queen of Nice persona...when in real life, she will cuss you out in a minute...at least the good thing is the public is seeing the real Rosie.

Great idea. :mellow:

I'm Guessing This is Never Going to Happen

Rosie O'Donnell's final "The View" appearance aired today. It was previously recorded and I'm guess it was filmed way before the "big fight." It's Elisabeth Hasselbeck's birthday today and Rosie tells her that her pressie to her is a full week at her Florida home.

I'm guessing that invitation was taken back. Aww.......they used to be so "fake" in love!

http://www.dlisted.com/

Rosie O'Donnell's final "The View" appearance aired today. It was previously recorded and I'm guess it was filmed way before the "big fight." It's Elisabeth Hasselbeck's birthday today and Rosie tells her that her pressie to her is a full week at her Florida home.

I'm guessing that invitation was taken back. Aww.......they used to be so "fake" in love!

If it does happen, I hope an ABC camera-crew is there.....and does split screen footage all week long!! :lol:

If it does happen, I hope an ABC camera-crew is there.....and does split screen footage all week long!! :lol:

LOL. :D

(Pagesix.com)

Endquote

"SHE has triple coverage as a minority: She's a woman, she's a lesbian, and she's fat. We can't do anything with her. She's like a spotted owl. She's an endangered species. She's protected by the government" - Adam Carolla on "Scarborough Country," explaining why Rosie O'Donnell is a national treasure.

Rosie may never speak to Hasselbeck again

O'Donnell says in blog she never tried harder to be friends with someone

MSNBC.com

NEW YORK - Rosie O'Donnell says she will likely never speak to "The View" co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck again after an on-air tiff last week that led to O'Donnell's early departure from the show.

The former host of the ABC daytime chatfest says in a video blog posted on her Web site that she has never tried harder to be friends with someone, but she doesn't think she succeeded with Hasselbeck.

"I haven't spoken to her, and I probably won't, and I think it's just as well," she said. "I wrote her an e-mail, and she wrote me back, and there you have it."

Hasselbeck said Tuesday on “The View” she and O’Donnell were “in communication a lot,” though she didn’t say if they spoke on the phone or just e-mailed.

Hasselbeck says they tackled the hot topic of “the power of forgiveness.” She says they have “begun that process” and that enabled them “to move on in a positive way.”

Barbara Walters says she, too, was e-mailing O’Donnell because she says they remain “close friends.” She says O’Donnell is welcome back on “The View” at any time.

The fight last week ended a colorful eight-month tenure for O'Donnell that lifted the show's ratings but no doubt caused heartburn for show creator Barbara Walters. O'Donnell feuded with Donald Trump and frequently had snippy exchanges with the more conservative Hasselbeck.

On Friday, ABC said O'Donnell asked for, and received, an early exit from her contract. O'Donnell said last month she would be leaving because she could not agree to a new contract with ABC executives. In the video blog, she said she never really fit in.

"I was really just like a foster kid for a year," she said. "I came, you know, we considered adoption, but I didn't really fit into the family and now it's time for the foster kid to go back home."

O'Donnell fessed up that chief writer Janette Barber drew a mustache on a photo of Hasselbeck at the show's studio before they left. "It was a joke on the way out," she said.

Calls to ABC and Walters were not immediately returned Monday.

The argument with Hasselbeck began Wednesday over O'Donnell's statement last week about the war: "655,000 Iraqi civilians have died. Who are the terrorists?"

Talk show critics accused O'Donnell of calling U.S. troops terrorists. She called Hasselbeck "cowardly" for not saying anything in response to the critics, which set off their lengthy argument.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

I totally agree with you annabeast

Personally I tend to agree with Rosie on issues way more than Elisabeth, but I think the way Elisabeth expresses her ideas is generally pretty intelligent, articulate, and respectful. So I enjoy hearing them, even when I disagree.

I feel the same about you, annabeast, and Trizzie and Cruizin, and I think most others here do too, so you shouldn't feel like you can't speak your mind. And I am sure almost all of us here have friends of different political affiliations. Although I know how the gang mentality on the internet can get sometimes and I totally understand your position...I think you are mostly in good company here. :)

I feel the same about you, annabeast, and Trizzie and Cruizin, and I think most others here do too, so you shouldn't feel like you can't speak your mind. And I am sure almost all of us here have friends of different political affiliations. Although I know how the gang mentality on the internet can get sometimes and I totally understand your position...I think you are mostly in good company here.

Thanks Soho. :)

Edited by Trizzie

Ugh. Rosie playing victim is just horribly unappealing. Don't let the door smack you on the way out, Roz!

I totally agree with you annabeast

Personally I tend to agree with Rosie on issues way more than Elisabeth, but I think the way Elisabeth expresses her ideas is generally pretty intelligent, articulate, and respectful. So I enjoy hearing them, even when I disagree.

I feel the same about you, annabeast, and Trizzie and Cruizin, and I think most others here do too, so you shouldn't feel like you can't speak your mind. And I am sure almost all of us here have friends of different political affiliations. Although I know how the gang mentality on the internet can get sometimes and I totally understand your position...I think you are mostly in good company here. :)

Thanks Soho!

And while I'm here, I'm so bummed about Adam Carolla's quote because I think that society accepts the prejudice against fat people too readily. And I admit, when I used to get mad at someone who was overweight, that was the FIRST insult that entered my head. I'm working on it..... :)

Rosie on "Nuclear Wednesday"

Filed under: Rosie O'Donnell

Posted Image

Not to judge a girl when she's sitting at her computer in her free time, but DANG, I thought I looked rough when I typed out my blog posts. At least if I know I'm going to have to video-chat with people online (i.e., have the closest thing I get to human contact), I throw my greasy mane up in a ponytail and quickly flick my eye-boogers away. But, I digress...

In a recent video on her website, Rosie enjoyed a Brewski, whilst chatting about "Nuclear Wednesday," the name for her on-screen verbal altercation on "The View" with Elisabeth Hasselbeck. Except, if you were George W., I guess you might call it "Nucular Wednesday." In any case, Rosie said that she felt like a "foster child" on "The View," never quite fitting in with the panel, and that her leaving was inevitable. She also didn't make it sound like a friendship with Hasselbeck was anything more than a remote possibility, despite Elisabeth's earlier insinuations to the contrary.

How awesome would it be if Elisabeth delivered a video response to this, while sitting in front of her computer, wearing a white t-shirt with "WAR" written on it in black letters? Come on, ladies, let's take this feud to the Internet, where it belongs!

Posted by: Lisa Timmons

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/29/rosie_...r_wednesday.php

I want the old Rosie back - you know the one that gave out free things all the time, who shot koosh balls, and had a great relationship with her co-workers.....

I know (now :unsure: ) it was all an act, but a fun act, and one that wanted me to watch everyday. Bitter Rosie is mean and whiny. I too, lean politically more with Rosie than with Elizabeth - OK a lot - but I will listen to Elizabeth any day before Rosie.

Rosie is the Rush Limbaugh of the left- which is NEVER a good thing.

I want the old Rosie back - you know the one that gave out free things all the time, who shot koosh balls, and had a great relationship with her co-workers.....

OK, but she's gotta lose the crush on GMD... ;)

That was just nauseating to watch.

ABC's `The View' goes on without Rosie

NEW YORK - Elisabeth Hasselbeck is trying to patch things up with Rosie O'Donnell, her former co-host on ABC's "The View," after last week's on-air spat.

On Tuesday's show, Hasselbeck said she and O'Donnell were "in communication a lot," though Hasselbeck didn't say whether they had talked on the phone or exchanged e-mails. Their confrontation last Wednesday led to O'Donnell's early departure from the daytime chatfest.

"This weekend gave us the opportunity to tackle our most important Hot Topic yet, and that was the power of forgiveness, and I believe that we've begun that process," Hasselbeck said. "And so now that enables us to move on in a very positive way. ... I'm really happy about that."

Show creator and co-host Barbara Walters said Tuesday she had been sending e-mails to O'Donnell and they remain "close friends." Walters also said O'Donnell is welcome back to "The View" as a panelist at anytime.

The argument between Hasselbeck and O'Donnell began over O'Donnell's earlier statement about the war: "655,000 Iraqi civilians had died. Who are the terrorists?"

Talk-show critics accused O'Donnell of calling U.S. troops terrorists. She called Hasselbeck "cowardly" for not saying anything in response to the critics, which set off their lengthy argument.

On Friday, ABC said O'Donnell asked for, and received, an early exit from her contract. O'Donnell said last month she would be leaving because she couldn't agree to a new contract with ABC executives.

In a video blog posted Saturday on her Web site, O'Donnell said she didn't think she and Hasselbeck would ever speak again.

"I haven't spoken to her, and I probably won't, and I think it's just as well," O'Donnell said. "I wrote her an e-mail, and she wrote me back, and there you have it."

O'Donnell also said she never really fit in on the show.

___

Women On "The View" Are Covering Up

Filed under: The View

On the first new "The View" since the hag brawl, Hasselbeck lied through her chiclets and said that she and Rosie had been "in communication a lot" over the weekend and everything was dandy. O'Donnell's already stated that they exchanged a brief e-mail and would probably never speak again after that. So stop lying, Liz. And then Barbara Walters' old ass told us that a split screen was commonplace. "The View" is not a Brian DePalma film, Hagatha!

Tuesday's show - for which O'Donnell had been deleted from the opening credits - began with guest co-host Whoopi Goldberg asking Walters, "What's new?" - to which Walters responded, "Have you been living under a rock?"

Walters then recapped the events of last week, blaming the Iraq War for being an emotional issue that exacerbated some already underlying tensions at the show. Walters also repeatedly expressed her admiration, affection and appreciation for O'Donnell and her contributions this past season. "We wanted her to stay," Walters said of the behind-the-scenes negotiations.

Rosie quit three weeks before her scheduled end date because of the brouhaha. I'm just excited to see who they get to replace her. Get someone equally wacky in there! Hasselbeck went on to talk some bullshit about the power of forgiveness. I think she's just making sure she doesn't get her ass run over by the Dykes on Bikes.

Posted by: J. Harvey

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/29/women_...covering_up.php

Rosie is the Rush Limbaugh of the left- which is NEVER a good thing.

Bingo...Excellent analogy...That's why I can't totally get aboard the liberal ship Rosie....actually that ship would be a big ass battleship with huge set of dingys. :D

I also remember she attacked Tom Selleck on her show after the columbine massacre, since he was a card-carrying member of The NRA...I was like WTF? regardless if he belongs or not...she was wrong and out of line(she did apologize). And that was my first taste of how irrational she can be with her views. :rolleyes: