Sign in to follow this  
BobbyD

Jamie Foxx

http://www.starmagazine.com/jamie_foxx_buy...rtainment/12075

News & Gossip

Jamie Foxx Buys Dream House

Jamie Foxx just plunked down $10.5 million to buy a 17,000 square-good villa in Thousand Oaks, California.

The home, built in 1995, is a Mediterranean-style abode sitting on 40 acres of land. The actor, singer should have no problem spreading his wings in this estate, which comes complte with 10 bedrooms, 12 bathrooms, family and game rooms, a library, fully-equipped gym, atrium and a sauna! And if that's not enough, he can unwind in the mansion's Olympic-size pool, spa, cabana studio and tennis court. The sprawling property also has not one, but two guesthouses.

Nice to know all that money the 39-year-old actor earned from his mega hits like Ray, Dreamgirls and his hit album Unpredictable is being well spent!

Why Can't You Just Keep Your Mouth Shut?

Here's the problem with a lot of celebrities. They feel that their opinion matters. Just because you're asked the question doesn't mean you have to answer it. Sometimes not answering will save your ass. Access Hollywood's Shaun Robinson asked Jamie Foxx what he thinks about this whole Michael Vick thing. Instead of Jamie saying "It is what it is" or something like that, he said:

“It’s a cultural thing, I think. Most brothers didn’t know that, you know. I used to see dogs fighting in the neighborhood all the time. I didn’t know that was Fed time. So, Mike probably just didn’t read his handbook on what not to do as a black star. I know that cruelty to animals is bad, but sometimes people shoot people and kill people and don’t get time. I think in this situation, he really didn’t know the extent of it, so I always give him the benefit of the doubt.”

The thing is Michael Vick is a wealthy, educated man. He went to Virginia Tech. It's not like he stayed in the neighborhood. He went out in the world and got perspective and you would think that along the way he would've learned that hurting animals isn't such a good thing. Michael knew exactly what he was doing. It wasn't him being "naive."

And just because people get away with crimes doesn't mean someone should get a slap on the wrist, because they didn't know the laws. But he'll get away with it. All those celebrities do!

Dumbass II (Jamie Foxx Edition)

So Jamie Foxx opened his stupid mouth and defended Michael Vick. Why are people acting like the O.J. jury? I always though Jamie Foxx was a dumbass but now I find him to be THE dumbass. Shut up and continue thinking you're Ray Charles, you pompous wackjob.

"It's a cultural thing, I think," Jamie said. "Most brothers didn't know that, you know. I used to see dogs fighting in the neighborhood all the time. I didn't know that was Fed time. So, mike probably just didn't read his handbook on what not to do as a black star."

"I know that cruelty to animals is bad, but sometimes people shoot people and kill people and don't get time," Jamie continued. "I think in this situation, he really didn't know the extent of it, so I always give him the benefit of the doubt."

What not to do? We're not talking cave paintings here. An adult male should know better than to torture animals. If your friggin' backyard is looking like doggie Dachau, there's an issue. Someone please send Ving Rhames' dogs to Jamie's house, too. Pinhead.

Dumbass II (Jamie Foxx Edition)

So Jamie Foxx opened his stupid mouth and defended Michael Vick. Why are people acting like the O.J. jury? I always though Jamie Foxx was a dumbass but now I find him to be THE dumbass. Shut up and continue thinking you're Ray Charles, you pompous wackjob.

"It's a cultural thing, I think," Jamie said. "Most brothers didn't know that, you know. I used to see dogs fighting in the neighborhood all the time. I didn't know that was Fed time. So, mike probably just didn't read his handbook on what not to do as a black star."

"I know that cruelty to animals is bad, but sometimes people shoot people and kill people and don't get time," Jamie continued. "I think in this situation, he really didn't know the extent of it, so I always give him the benefit of the doubt."

What not to do? We're not talking cave paintings here. An adult male should know better than to torture animals. If your friggin' backyard is looking like doggie Dachau, there's an issue. Someone please send Ving Rhames' dogs to Jamie's house, too. Pinhead.

So...here's a smart cookie. He's basically saying blacks are culturally drawn to stupidity, ignorance and dogfights because they grew up that way?

Uhm, Jamie for Pres?

Edited by GimmeSumSugar

As far as I know, Jamie Foxx (real name Eric Bishop) was raised by his grandparents in a solidly middle-class neighborhood. He took piano lessons, joined the Boy Scouts, sang in church choir, did well in school, was a high school quarterback, studied music in college, etc. He was NOT hanging out on street corners with dog-fighters in the 'hood. He's a laughable poseur.

Elevator Hog

JAMIE Foxx may claim he's just a regular guy, but he sure acted like a diva last week. During a publicity tour for "The Kingdom" at the Four Seasons in L.A., according to several junketeers, Foxx had his bodyguard commandeer the elevator. "He told guests of the hotel and journalists to leave the elevator," our spy said. "Then, at every floor where the elevator stopped, the bodyguard would stand with his arm stretched out and say, 'You can't enter' to anyone who tried to get on. A lot of us were like, 'Who does Jamie think he is?' " A rep said, "There were four to five people in the elevator with Foxx at the time and rushing to get to interviews to promote his film."

09.06.2007 JAMIE FOXX IS A JACKASS

http://www.wwtdd.com/

Good luck finding a bigger jackass than Jamie Foxx. No one on any level anywhere is more in love with themselves. And apparently he’s too talented and fabulous to share elevators with civilians. Page Six says:

Jamie Foxx may claim he's just a regular guy, but he sure acted like a diva last week. During a publicity tour for "The Kingdom" at the Four Seasons in L.A., according to several junketeers, Foxx had his bodyguard commandeer the elevator. "He told guests of the hotel and journalists to leave the elevator," our spy said. "Then, at every floor where the elevator stopped, the bodyguard would stand with his arm stretched out and say, 'You can't enter' to anyone who tried to get on..."

If Jamie Foxx were on fire, and standing next to a swimming pool, I'm not a complete monster so I wouldn't just let him burn to death, but I would look around for a quite a while to see if there was a shovel I could beat the flames out with first.

Jamie Foxx is not at a loss for things to say

Outspoken actor criticizes President Bush, says he’s supporting Sen. Obama

MSNBC contributor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOS ANGELES - It was kind of surprising to see Jamie Foxx sitting up. Normally, the Oscar-winning actor conducts interviews in a far more relaxed state — somewhere in between slumping on a chair or fully reclined on the sofa.

That perhaps speaks to confidence he has in himself. He likes to feel good in the skin he’s in, which probably makes it easy for him to go way left and say and do some of the things he does.

He’s not the most politically correct brother on the planet.

But even when he goes there — to that place where he theorizes and analyzes what’s up in his world and yours — the Terrell, Texas, native has this way of making you understand where he’s coming from. He has storng opinions whether he’s talking politics or admitting that “Stealth” was a really bad movie, sharing his disdain for Kanye West or explaining why people should lay off Michael Vick.

You become engaged with his logic because he’s funny and smart. And that’s part of the reason why he’s become such a huge star. You want to hear him and be entertained by him as well.

Foxx, 39, does what he does well — makes you laugh and think — in “The Kingdom,” his new thriller that opens wide on Friday. Foxx plays Ronald Fleury, a tough FBI agent who has traveled to the Middle East with a team of experts to find out who is behind a series of terrorist bombings. Certainly, the subject matter hits close to home, particularly at a time when Foxx is kind of redefining his own brand of political correctness — particularly when it comes to the war in Iraq.

Not afraid to talk politics

“It’s not the way America has handled the war, it’s the way George Bush has handled it,” Foxx said. “I think George Bush and the guys that are there, just don’t have the charisma to pull off the things that they’re trying to do. I can understand if you want to go to war, but how do you go to war? They go to war in a high-risk, high-return or high-risk, no return in this situation. You’ll be in Iraq for another 30 years. You can’t get out.”

Foxx also thinks that the current administration is out of touch with people in general — whether it be with the folks at home or interacting with the various ethnicities in the Middle East and around the world. “Kingdom” director Peter Berg shot part of his film in Abu Dhabi and Foxx returned to the States with a better appreciation and understanding of Middle Eastern culture.

He loved the way the Muslims prayed. “It was a beautiful thing,” he said. He dug the way they partied. “You have never partied until you go over there. They throw down! You’re drinking out of crystal, eating off of solid gold forks — everything is top class. I thought I threw some good parties, but I ain’t got nothing on them! Phantoms (Rolls Royce), all that. They have some serious cash.”

But the thing he admired the most was they way that they hold on to their culture. That’s something he thinks is sorely missing in America right now.

“It’s great to see people hold on to their culture,” he said. “America’s in kind of a culture funk — like what is our culture right now? Everybody’s sort of in their own corner. What’s going to be that thing that brings us together? There’s this weird thing that’s happening in America right now, because I think the people who are running it just don’t have the charisma to encompass everybody. Our country changes every single day and you have to be up on it. You have to be up on the different religions and how do I talk to them? Homosexuality, how do I speak to these people? So, whoever runs the country next has to be that person who addresses the new America — someone who can bring the black, the white, the Hispanics and the Lebanese together.”

Foxx sees Illinois Senator Barack Obama as the next great unifier.

“See, you learn from Republicans,” he said. “Republicans vote party. They don’t vote individual. Democrats, we vote, ‘Oh, he’s good looking and suave and his skin is all the same, no splotches.’ We vote according to looks and things like that, so I think we have to change the way we do things. So, I’m supporting Barack Obama and if by chance he doesn’t win, I will support whoever the Democratic candidate is.”

Defending hip hop

Considering that Foxx is one of the most versatile talents in Hollywood — he acts, sings, produces, DJs, composes and is a pretty skilled athlete — it sounds as though Foxx should throw his Kangol (cap) into the ring and run his own kingdom. Not only does he have some good ideas on how to improve international relations, but he might also have a viable solution to the ongoing rap wars at home, too. This week BET is airing a three-part series devoted to trying this issue called “Hip Hop vs. America.”

Foxx isn’t part of the program, but perhaps he should have been.

“It doesn’t matter what the lyrics are,” the Grammy-nominated artist said. “The lyrics don’t have anything to do with who and what we are as a society. You look at it like this — hip hop is a reflection. Jay-Z doesn’t rap about killing or selling drugs any more, does he? He’s in a different space. So, what do you do? Let’s change the reflection. How do you change the reflection? These guys rap about what’s going on in their hood. Change what’s going on in that block, in that city and hip hop will have to change.

“People thought NWA was gangsta rap. No, they were political rappers. They were talking about police brutality, what was going on in the hood. There’s good hip hop, there’s bad hip hop. There’s good classical, there’s bad classical.”

And there are good movies and bad ones. Foxx thinks that “The Kingdom” is a winner.

“When you’re working with Michael Mann and Peter Berg, the commercial success is not the first thing you think about,” Foxx said. “The first thing you think about is the art of it. When you look at Al Pacino and his body of work, all of them weren’t commercial successes, but those were the ones that you remember. That’s not to say that I don’t want to be commercially successful, but you know that when you’re doing a (good) piece that you can look back on it and be happy about it, I think.”

It’s one thing to be smart and funny, but Foxx has evolved into a man who is smarter, funnier and more intuitive since winning that best actor Oscar for “Ray” in 2005.

It’s no wonder he’s now sitting up when he speaks. When you’re on a roll as he is, there’s no slumping allowed.

Miki Turner is an entertainment columnist for MSNBC.com. She welcomes your comments at mikiturner.msnbc.com@gmail.com.

© 2007 MSNBC Interactive

Clip-ons, for Foxx sake!

Posted Image

OK, so we understand the power of bling. And the 5-carat diamond earrings Jamie Foxx was wearing at the London premiere of The Kingdom this week were definitely bling-ing. But, they were clip-ons! Yeah, like your grandma wears! So Jamie, if you want to impress the ladies (or men, for that matter) with your jewel-buying power in future, please spend the extra $20 to get your ears pierced first.

Clip-ons, for Foxx sake!

Posted Image

OK, so we understand the power of bling. And the 5-carat diamond earrings Jamie Foxx was wearing at the London premiere of The Kingdom this week were definitely bling-ing. But, they were clip-ons! Yeah, like your grandma wears! So Jamie, if you want to impress the ladies (or men, for that matter) with your jewel-buying power in future, please spend the extra $20 to get your ears pierced first.

If he's a giant asshole (the Vick comments, stupid, stupid) then so be it but it has to be said he's one of the snappiest dressers around. Love the little glittery touches too even if they are clip-ons! Lol, whassup with that! Equality and all, men should be able to wear clip-ons if women can. :S

Edited by GimmeSumSugar

And there are good movies and bad ones. Foxx thinks that “The Kingdom” is a winner.

“When you’re working with Michael Mann and Peter Berg, the commercial success is not the first thing you think about,” Foxx said. “The first thing you think about is the art of it. When you look at Al Pacino and his

Well, The Kingdom is neither an artistic nor a commercial success. BO: $24m in 9 days (the budget was supposedly over $100m). Reviews: rotten with 52% on RT, and even the positive reviews only consider it as an actioner, not as "art".

I just don't get why this guy is considered A list.

Jamie Foxx Investigates 'Zebra Murders'

'Ray' star will reunite with his 'Kingdom' screenwriter

October 25, 2007

Oscar winner Jamie Foxx will star in DreamWorks' sure-to-be-shortened "The Zebra Murders: A Season of Killing, Racial Madness, and Civil Rights."

The project is based on the book by Prentice Earl Sanders and Bennett Cohen and focuses on a series of black-on-white serial murders in 1970s San Francisco.

According to the industry trade papers, Foxx will play Sanders, one of two detectives who broke the case, which saw 16 people die in 1973 and 1974, but also faced harassment within the police department. Sanders would eventually become San Francisco's first black chief of police.

Matt Carnahan, who wrote the Foxx vehicle "The Kingdom," is adapting the book. Brad Pitt and Dede Gardner's Plan B shingle will produce along with Foxx and Jaime Rucker King's Foxx-King Entertainment.

This will be Foxx's second consecutive biopic after "The Soloist," also set up at DreamWorks. He previously starred for the studio in "Dreamgirls" and "Collateral."

More tales from the limo drivers of LA:

One driver picked up this movie star from the film studio and was asked to stop at the gates so that a young, female and very eager fan could climb into the back den and make the terrible hour long journey to the airport pass a little quicker.

To the driver's surprise, our star elected not to raise the screen between them, so he drove to LAX with one eye on the road and the other on the heaving buttocks of the young vixen in the back of the car.

Arriving at the airport, our verminous idiot dumped her at arrivals without even so much as a lift back.

He did leave the driver a tip, though. A small shot glass filled with...essence of Foxx, which he had carefully collected at the moment of passion, probably to save on any extra cleaning bill.

http://www.holymoly.co.uk/mailout.html

Jamie Foxx To Produce MTV Reality Show

Jamie Foxx is hoping to teach men how to be gentlemen in a new reality show. The Oscar winner has signed on to co-produce a new makeover show for MTV as part of a new two-year first-look production deal with the channel.

His first reality show will be called From Gs to Gents, and will feature streetwise guys who are given tips on how to charm the ladies.

starpulse

Cosmos And Hos

Posted Image

Jamie Foxx celebrated the big 4-0 yesterday by bringing his Foxxhole radio show poolside in Miami. While we're freezing our nuts off here in NYC, Jamie is lounging around with cocktails and hos. Isn't that the life?

Jamie is a hot piece, but he needs to get away from those hoodrat hookers. They do nothing for him.

Posted Image

http://www.dlisted.com/

Foxx Jets Off to Vegas for 40th Birthday

Oscar-winner Jamie Foxx will take over Las Vegas' JET nightclub on Friday to celebrate his 40th birthday.

The "Ray" star has been planning the party for months and plans to recreate his favorite film, "New Jack City," at the bash.

In a recent interview Foxx said, "I want to dress up as Wesley Snipes' character Nino Brown in an electric-blue suit, without a shirt on, carry a bottle of Dom Perignon, have some Rottweilers next to me. ... I can't wait."

The Las Vegas bash will be Foxx's fourth -- he partied at the Delano hotel in Miami, Fla., earlier this week after fronting two private celebrations.

Sweet Jamie

Posted Image

Jamie Foxx needs to handle whatever situation his face is going through right now, because it's not right. Lately he's been looking beat as hell. He needs to grow a pubestache now! That's his only hope.

He looks like he's going to bail me out of the city jail, take me to the halfway house, sit me down at the kitchen table covered with a plastic tablecloth, pour me a cup of Sanka, hand me a stale donut and tell me how I need to turn my life around for the sake of my kids. The bail bondsman look is not working out for him.

He could solve all this by just taking off his clothes. I'm sure those chi-chis are still in mint condition. Here's Jamie at the Pepsi Stuff Launch Party on Thursday night.

http://www.dlisted.com/

OUT-FOXXED?

PAGE SIX

February 16, 2008 -- JAMIE Foxx might be having second thoughts about "From Gs to Gents," the reality show he's producing for MTV. A staffer was recently told the show must stop using Foxx's name on press releases. "A producer called me after we used it for two weeks and it went out to thousands of people, then all of a sudden it was, 'Stop using his name!' " said the insider. The show, which will teach 15 men how to be gentlemen, is holding auditions here this week. Foxx's spokesman said, "Nobody was told to not use his name."

Jamie Foxx Fights Off Intruder Inside Philly Hotel

PHILADELPHIA (CBS 3) ― March 30, 2009.

CBS

A man has been arrested for allegedly stalking actor Jamie Foxx while he was in Philadelphia shooting a movie.

The actor was staying at the AKA Hotel on S. 18 Street while filming the movie Law Abiding Citizen.

According to sources, a 49-year-old man allegedly attempted to break into Foxx's hotel room on three separate occasions. The three incidents occurred on March 22, March 27 and March 31.

Sources said on one occasion, Foxx physically struggled with the suspect and had to push him out of the actor's hotel room. The suspect allegedly claimed he was Beyonce's producer.

Foxx's security guards spotted the man several days after the incidents near the movie set and he was taken into police custody.

The suspect is facing numerous charges. Sources said the suspect has 24 prior arrests.

OUT-FOXXED?

PAGE SIX

February 16, 2008 -- JAMIE Foxx might be having second thoughts about "From Gs to Gents," the reality show he's producing for MTV. A staffer was recently told the show must stop using Foxx's name on press releases. "A producer called me after we used it for two weeks and it went out to thousands of people, then all of a sudden it was, 'Stop using his name!' " said the insider. The show, which will teach 15 men how to be gentlemen, is holding auditions here this week. Foxx's spokesman said, "Nobody was told to not use his name."

Uh, oh yea, they outed him alright, and so did Ted's recent BI!

Rumbled Jamie!

No wonder he's panicking about his name being inked onto this, look at the title! Double entendre or what!

:)

Jamie Foxx's Jumbo Shrimp Tale

A shrimp sent Jamie Foxx to the pokey.

"Law Abiding Citizen" star Jamie Foxx told "Extra" he hasn't always followed the law. The actor says he was once thrown in jail because of some errant seafood.

"I broke the law in Atlanta years ago, but I didn't know I was breaking the law," he explains.

"I'm sitting there and this girl brought me some food in the club and it was a shrimp dinner. One of the shrimp fell off, and I'm spending like eight bucks on this shrimp, so I was like, 'I ain't got that kind of money!"

"I was a little upset. I said something under my breath like, 'Damn you,' but the security guard overheard me." Foxx was then confronted by the security guard and he admits they "had to fight."

At the end of the night, Foxx found himself behind bars. "I ended up going to jail," he laughed.

The 41-year-old is on the other side of the judicial system as a District Attorney in the thriller "Law Abiding Citizen" -- in theaters Oct. 16.

Source monstersandcritics.com

Jamie Foxx has no sympathy for Polanski

“If it had been my daughter who was barely a teenager — my daughter is 15 — Roman Polanski would be missing ... period,” Jamie Foxx told Parade magazine.

By Ree Hines

msnbc.com contributor

Detained Academy Award-winning director and convicted sex offender Roman Polanski may have the support of some famous faces in the film industry, but don’t count Jamie Foxx among them. According to the actor, he only needs to imagine the 1977 case against Polanski is a personal one to find his feelings.

“If it had been my daughter who was barely a teenager — my daughter is 15 — Roman Polanski would be missing ... period,” Foxx stated in an interview with Parade magazine. “It wouldn’t even get to the court case. But, that’s me and I wouldn’t want anyone else to follow that because you should let the justice system work it out.”

Foxx went on to explain that while his perspective might have been different had he known the director personally, as do many of his Hollywood peers, ultimately he believes “this whole issue is bigger than Roman Polanski.” So big, it forces Foxx to confront his own complex sense of revenge.

“Revenge is a tough thing,” “The Soloist” star said. “When it comes to someone bringing harm to your family, it’s hard to think about turning the other cheek. When I hear about things that we allow to go on in our society where women are harmed, I just knee-jerk. I’ve said some things publicly that my publicist keeps telling me I should keep to myself. I don’t know if that’s my Texas upbringing, but there comes a point where you just say, ‘OK, that would be my tipping point. What would I do?’ Some of things I’ve said I’d do to sexual perpetrators were pretty graphic. But I also read some stories of people taking the law into their own hands, which is bad too. So it’s tough to know how far you’d go.”

post-447-1255448752.jpg