princess

Colin Farrell

Colin Farrell: My Son Is Exactly the Way He Should Be

By Monique Jessen

Colin Farrell says he's thankful for the early diagnosis of his 4-year-old son's neuro-genetic disorder and for the vast joy his "little fella" experiences.

"He's nothing but a gift," Farrell, 31, said about son James on the Irish interview show Tubridy Tonight. With paternal pride he said: "As far as I'm concerned he's exactly the way he should be."

Though he was on TV to promote his latest movie, In Bruges, Farrell addressed the topic of James, whose Angelman Syndrome was revealed publicly last year.

"Angelman's is a neuro-genetic disorder," he explained. "The 15th chromosome is dormant. It affects their fine motor skills. They say that one in 30,000 children is affected by it."

According to his father, before James had celebrated his first birthday, he was showing signs of illness, which led to an early diagnosis for the boy.

Early Intervention

"I've been very lucky that it was early because he started having seizures at about eight or nine months," said Farrell. Initially doctors thought James had cerebral palsy but soon he was diagnosed correctly and "we got early intervention," said the Irish actor.

The genetic disorder, which can impair speech, movement and balance meant that James walked his first few steps last fall, when he was 4. "It's just different," said the actor. "It's not different to me. He has his own path. He's just brilliant."

Farrell shares custody of his son with the boy's mother, model Kim Bordenave. He said he decided to go public about his son's health after people started asking questions about his involvement with the Special Olympics.

"I didn't talk about my son [but] I felt like I was betraying him, like it could be misconstrued as shame, which would be terrible, because he's such a celebration," says Farrell.

Questioning the concept of "normal," Farrell says his son is happier than so many people in the world. "I look around and I see people who move perfectly, who walk with grace, who speak with great diction and clarity and a great use of the English language and we're all miserable f---ers – including me, at times.

"And then I see this fella who doesn't move the way what's perceived to be 'normal' is, and he's as happy as can be."

"As far as I'm concerned he's exactly the way he should be."

Good for you Colin. Best of luck to you and your family.

Kind of cool you took your mom to the Oscars too.

Colin Farrell Looks Good in a Tux, Loves His Son

Posted Image

Look at that hot werewolf in the tuxedo. I swear, someone's been peeking into my dream journal again because I'm pretty sure that one of my first sexual fantasies actually involved a the Big Bad Wolf seducing me in some formal-wear.

And what's even more attractive to me about Colin is that he appears to be a very dedicated father. His four-year-old son, James, suffers from a neuro-genetic disorder known as Angelman's, affecting the boy's fine motor skills. And he is also the apple of his father's eye. Colin gushed about his "little fella" while on the Irish interview show, Tubridy Tonight. He said, "As far as I'm concerned he's exactly the way he should be."

And so are you, Colin. I changed my mind from when I wrote this post--he can keep the hair.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

http://socialitelife.buzznet.com/

'Pride and Glory' delay stirs up fray

O'Connor blames Shaye for film's hold-up

By MICHAEL FLEMING

Gavin O'Connor, whose March 14 release date on "Pride and Glory" was scrapped late last year by New Line, wants answers.

O'Connor is blaming the AWOL status of his movie on New Line chairman Bob Shaye. The writer-director is so incensed that he said he will withhold "Warrior," a script he's due to deliver to the studio in the next few weeks, until he knows the fate of his film. The director is also exploring the possibility of extricating "Pride and Glory" after New Line told him the picture wouldn't likely be released until next year.

Trailers for the film have been running since fall before "No Country for Old Men," "Atonement" and "American Gangster."

New Line wouldn't comment on the situation, but execs are in the final stages of negotiating a new deal with Time Warner and its topper, Jeff Bewkes, that could conceivably downsize the company. A resolution seems reasonable within the next two weeks.

But O'Connor and his stars -- Colin Farrell, Edward Norton, Jon Voight and Noah Emmerich (New Line exec Toby Emmerich's brother) -- are voicing their growing frustration to make sure the industry doesn't think they've made an unreleasable film.

They also hope they can provoke Shaye into showing the guts he displayed in the past on adult-themed gambles like "Seven" and "American History X," which also starred Norton and had plenty of its own production drama.

"It was a joy making the movie, but then something happened internally at that company," O'Connor said. "I don't think Bob Shaye believes in it, and he's decided he'll only release (sure bet) films. He never had the decency to call me. We've delivered something special and unique, a film that's not for everybody but has something to say. We're all heartbroken."

O'Connor is nearly finished writing "Warrior," which he describes as "Gladiator" set within a family of mixed martial arts fighters. The project is constructed to span three films. O'Connor said he made a New Line deal for it because he had such a great experience making the film, but he'll hold it back until he gets answers.

"Pride and Glory" was screened at CAA headquarters late last week to begin getting word out that it may need a new home, though getting another distributor to pay full price to adopt a $30 million orphan won't be easy.

Morality tale focuses on corruption in a family of Gotham cops. The son of an 18-year NYPD veteran, O'Connor and his brother Greg wrote the script with Joe Carnahan, hoping to create a '70s-style film that uses crooked cops as a metaphor for institutional corruption in the power structure.

"Gavin was able to tease out themes that are relevant to my generation and to what this country is going through," Norton said. "This isn't about New Line not knowing the film is strong; I just think there is a paralysis right now that has to do with much bigger issues than any particular film. We're a victim of the moment, and I just hope they will either find a way to give the film its due or graciously let us do it with someone else."

Farrell said: "This is the first time it's happened to me, where a film I believed in so strongly, not only as entertainment but for its pertinent message and great performances, sits on a shelf. This is bizarre."

Voight, who plays the cop family patriarch, is also frustrated, but optimistic.

"It ain't over till it's over," he said. "Obviously, things are going on over there, and I've seen this situation before, where a studio dilemma created hardship for a film of quality. You don't want to put it aside for long, though, because you can lose your momentum."

Smothered In Honey

Posted Image

Take off your pants before you read this post. It will make your experience much more enjoyable. Colin Farrell admitted to GQ Magazine that he loves the Russian and Turkish baths on 10th Street in NYC.

He said, "There's something very basic about rubbing honey on your skin and going steaming with a bunch of strange Russian men."

I can't be elusive with you, Honey! Sorry, I hear the word "honey" and I immediately think of that Mariah Carey song. Anyway, I've been to that same joint and I've never run into Colin Farrell's hot greasy ass. It's a good thing I didn't, because I would have ended up in the slammer for trying to glaze my ham with Colin's honey.

No wonder his hair is always so greasy. He probably doesn't wash the honey out. Nasty ass.

Colin also admitted to the magazine that he went to rehab to get off ecstasy, cocaine, speed, Jack Daniels and wine. That's it?! Lightweight. Trying to get off Jack Daniels is the saddest thing I've ever heard.

http://www.dlisted.com/

Dish on the fly

With his booze and drugs days behind him, Colin Farrell has a new, healthier daily addiction: Russian steam baths. He told GQ magazine, “There's something very basic about rubbing honey on your skin and going steaming with a bunch of strange Russian men.” Hear hear! …

Colin Farrell On The Cover Of GQ, Loves His Chocolate

Posted Image

Colin Farrell is so clearly undressing us with his eyes at this moment. And I'd put up a fight except that I don't really want to. I just wish I were wearing more alluring undergarments. The Irish actor recently posed for GQ magazine and is featured on the cover of the British version of the magazine, looking intense in a suit.

Somehow, Colin's all fuzzy and stuff, but there's something about his fuzziness that I find ultimately way more attractive than Adrian Grenier's. Not sure why. Whatever. In any case, Colin had a recent interview about his latest film, "In Bruges," in which he reiterated how he had left his bad-boy past behind him.

"That's the irony of working in Belgium. The beer, we had to strike that off the list. No beer for me at this stage in my career, after hundreds of them, but, yeah, the chocolate was grand." A man who confesses to preferring chocolate over beer is a man after my own heart. Or a man who's going to fight me for the last piece of chocolate. Dammit. We'll just have to remain star-crossed lovers.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

http://socialitelife.buzznet.com/

(Pagesix.com)

Swing And Miss

COLIN Farrell doesn't always score. The handsome Irishman struck out when he hit on gorgeous model Meghan Lowther at the Rose Bar in the Gramercy Park Hotel the other night. Farrell, who was with a couple of wingmen, ogled Lowther and then walked over as she was ordering a drink. He bumped into the fellow next to her and asked, "Who is this guy?" Lowther replied, "He's my boyfriend." Farrell then told the guy, "You've got the most beautiful girl in the place, and you can't blame a guy for trying." The boyfriend replied, "You tried. Now get out of here."

Shooting resumes on 'Parnassus'

Film went on hiatus after Ledger's death

By ADAM DAWTREY

Shooting has restarted in Vancouver on Terry Gilliam’s “The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus,” with Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell and Jude Law all replacing Heath Ledger in the cast.

The pic went on hiatus after Ledger’s sudden death Jan. 22, when the live-action section of the production had just finished in London and Gilliam was about to embark on several weeks of bluescreen work in Canada.

The decision to use three actors to replace Ledger was made possible because of the fantastical nature of the story, in which characters pass from contemporary London through a magic mirror into parallel worlds of the imagination.

Ledger had completed filming the “realistic” sections, so Depp, Farrell and Law will play physically transformed versions of his character when he passes into the other worlds.

In a statement, producers William Vince, Amy Gilliam and Samuel Hadida said: “Since the format of the story allows for the preservation of his entire performance, at no point will Heath’s work be modified or altered through the use of digital technology. Each of the parts played by Johnny, Colin and Jude is representative of the many aspects of the character that Heath was playing.”

Gilliam said, “I am grateful to Johnny, Colin and Jude for coming onboard, and to everyone else who has made it possible for us to finish the film.”

“The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus” also stars Christopher Plummer, Verne Troyer, Andrew Garfield, Lily Cole and Tom Waits.

Actors who look like they smell bad

By Ree Hines

MSNBC contributor

Colin Farrell

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is it about otherwise handsome A-listers who endeavor to look smelly? It’s as though the effort it takes to look good on film is such a burden, they just give up in their off time. Take Colin Farrell. The greasy locks, the poorly groomed beard, the rumpled clothes — he sets the bar for stinky-chic awfully high. Colin’s infinite pack-a-day smoking habit — seriously, he’s always smoking a cigarette — only adds to the list of malodorous evidence. And it’s not like he’s always looked like a stink bomb. Just a few years back Colin sported the standard freshly showered look we all know and love, but it seems like the more successful he gets, the grimier he looks.

Matthew McConaughey

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It’s not hard to build the stinky case for Matthew McConaughey. The unkempt hair and beach bum lifestyle hardly rank a mention when the man himself admits he eschews deodorant. He wouldn’t even break the ban when his “Fool’s Gold” co-star, Kate Hudson, complained about his body odor. “She always brings a salt rock, which is some natural deodorant, and says, ‘Would you please put this on?’” But her efforts were in vain. “I just never wore it. No cologne, no deodorant.” In fact, Matthew defends himself by insisting no other co-stars ever mentioned it. (Note to Matthew: Sometimes when you reek of B.O., people try to be nice by not telling you that you reek of B.O. This does not mean that you don’t reek of B.O. Just FYI.)

Johnny Depp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It must be hard being the most desirable man in the world. Maybe that’s why Johnny Depp hides behind cartoonishly awful ensembles, like his ill-fitting pants, the grungy fedoras and those plucked-fresh-from-the-dumpster shoes. I can’t tell you how many times my best gal pal and I have sighed at the sight of Johnny only to add, “too bad he probably smells like cigarettes and dirty clothes.” We won’t ever get close enough to find out, but still! And not to belabor the cigarette thing, but Johnny smokes hand-rolled sticks exclusively. So all that foul gunk that normally ends up in a filter? It coats his hands and teeth instead.

Jared Leto

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A virtual chameleon of the grubby vibe, Jared Leto’s not content to rock just one dirty look. Hipster grossout? Check. Unwashed hippy dude? Check. Icky emo? You know it! Jared even went through a dingy spray-on tan phase à la LiLo. On occasion, he cleans up his act, but that doesn’t discount the greater trend towards trashy. And it’s not just the perpetually stringy hair or days worth of eyeliner that gives the not-so-fresh tip off, it’s the whole unwashed package. Oh, well, it’s not like any of it is holding Jared back. Every twenty-something it-girl in Hollywood happily dates him regardless of what he smells like.

Orlando Bloom

What happened to fresh-faced Orlando Bloom circa 2003? Remember that clean-cut cutie at the “Lord of the Rings” premieres? Sigh. Seems like a greasy haired doppelganger took his place ages ago. Maybe after three “Pirates of the Caribbean” installments the poor hygiene pirate’s life actually took hold. Whatever it is, it’s not a good look for him. Orlando’s girlfriend reportedly thinks so, too. “He’ll wear the same jeans for a week before he throws them in the washer.” And if that wasn’t specific enough, “Same goes for his sweaters, T-shirts and socks.” Ew!

Colin Farrell sickened by visit to Srebrenica

Irish actor Colin Farrell toured Bosnia this weekend to get a feel of how it was to be a reporter during the 1992-95 war, in preparation for a new film.

Farrell first went to the eastern town of Srebrenica where some 8,000 Muslim men and boys were killed after it fell to Bosnian Serb forces in July 1995.

"I felt sick," Farrell told Reuters after visiting the cemetery for the victims of the massacre, regarded as Europe's worst atrocity since World War Two.

"It is hard to describe how obviously the air and the land has been poisoned by the act of killing 8,000 people in the space of a day. But you really do get the sense of the pain and the loss and I am sad, I really am sad."

"Triage" will be directed by Bosnian filmmaker Danis Tanovic whose "No Man's Land" about the absurdity of war won the Oscar for best foreign language film in 2001. It will co-star Spanish actress Paz Vega and British actor Christopher Lee.

Farrell said shooting of the film, which deals with dilemmas in wartime, would start in a week in Spain and will then move to Ireland.

"I am playing a war photographer who has been covering wars for 12 years or so and something takes place in the film that closes the distance between himself and what he does," Farrell said.

"It is a funny journey into himself and the far-reaching effect of the war back at home."

Triage is based on a screenplay by U.S. reporter Scott Anderson.

(Reporting by Maja Zuvela; Editing by Daria Sito-Sucic and Robert Woodward)

Copyright © 2008 Reuters

Farrell boards Tanovic's 'Triage'

Vega, Lee also star in pic

By ALI JAAFAR

LONDON — Colin Farrell has boarded “Triage,” the next pic by Bosnian helmer Danis Tanovic.

Paz Vega and Christopher Lee also star in the dark tale of a photojournalist (Farrell) who returns home following a dangerous assignment without his colleague and best friend. His girlfriend (Vega) sets about solving the mystery of the disappearance.

Pic is produced by Parallel Films’ Alan Moloney, and ASAP Films’ Cedomir Kolar and Marc Baschet.

Kolar and Baschet produced Tanovic’s “No Man’s Land,” which won the Oscar for foreign language film in 2001.

“Triage” is a co-production with Tim Baish, Free Form and Mariela Besuievsky of Tornasol Films, Aramid Entertainment and the Irish Film Board.

Hanway Films is handling worldwide sales and will be selling the project at the Cannes Film Festival.

Pic will shoot on location in Ireland and at the Ciudad de la Luz studios in Alicante in Spain from April to June.

Italy’s RAI Cinema and France’s Canal Plus have already acquired the pic for their respective territories.

Project is another example of lasting cultural footprint of Brit multi-hyphenate Anthony Minghella, who passed away in March after complications following surgery on his neck.

“From the very beginning, the project had one true godfather — Anthony Minghella,” said Kolar. “I am deeply sad he will never be able to see the completed film directed by his friend Danis Tanovic.”

Colin Farrell's Movie Death

Colin Farrell says his new movie nearly killed him.

The 'In Bruges' actor has revealed being forced to re-shoot one high-octane scene - in which he smokes during a car chase through the Belgian city - took its toll on his health.

Colin, who plays a hit man in the film, said: "I was dying after the first take. It is shameful. I am black on the inside."

Director Martin McDonagh admits he put the actor through unnecessary stress, explaining: "I think we ended up using the first take."

Colin added jokingly: "Well thanks for making me do the second one, you b*****d."

The 31-year-old Irish star also insists he has no regrets about his movie career and refuses to dwell on the past.

Colin said: "It would be a waste of my f***ing time wishing for things in the past. It would be nice though to read a few more scripts like this in the future. It sets the bar fairly high."

Source: people.monstersandcritics.com

I don't care if he's a foul-mouthed drunkard with a sex tape - I love me some Colin Farrell. :D

After Miami Vice, add me to the line behind yah! :unsure:

I don't care if he's a foul-mouthed drunkard with a sex tape - I love me some Colin Farrell. :D

After Miami Vice, add me to the line behind yah! :unsure:

I thought he looked scrumptious at the Oscars.

Yeah, I've gotta say that I've always liked the longer hair on men as well as "dark" good looks. He does clean up very nicely (but still prefer the hair clean)

Lickilicious for sure ;)

Never mind the guy on the left (Alex Higgins - an Irish snooker player) - look at how SKINNY Colin has become....

Posted Image

Full story here

Drugs or AIDS...or both? :huh:

Seems quite shocking, doesn't it. :blink:

Yes it does. I'm hoping it's for a movie role, a la Christial Bale for The Mechanic.

I like Colin Farrell more than I like most celebs, he's charming and funny and foul-mouthed and talented. I don't want this emaciated condition to be the result of AIDS, crack or meth.

Never mind the guy on the left (Alex Higgins - an Irish snooker player) - look at how SKINNY Colin has become....

Posted Image

Full story here

Drugs or AIDS...or both? :huh:

At this point in time notorious abuser of his body Hurricane Higgins looks the healthiest man on earth next to Colin Farrell.

What the fuck's he been doing to himself? Drugs does that to a man, but hell, he looks as if he's in the final stages of cancer or AIDS. That's just an amazing change. IF this picture isn't Photoshopped.

:huh: Hmmm, I'm not sure about this pic. I was looking around a fan site here which has pics of him from that movie "Triage" that's filming now I think and he sure doesn't look like this in those pictures. Has anyone else gotten more info on this?

Here's another photo from another angle (same day though, I reckon).

Posted Image

Spot the difference ... Colin Farrell looks gaunt and skinny, left, compared to his usual macho look, right

Edited by Avalon

Colin Farrell Calls Weight Loss 'Very Healthy'

Posted Image

Why is Colin Farrell looking so thin? At a recent press conference in Spain, the usually fit actor stunned reporters with his appearance – not to mention what he said.

"I lost weight because my role demanded it," Farrell told reporters simply of his upcoming film, Triage. "It was all very healthy."

The actor also referred to the Scott Anderson novel on which Triage is based, reading the sentences that inspired his dramatic weight loss: "He went to the bathroom to shave. Once his beard was gone he saw that his face had become drawn. He pressed at the hollows beneath his eyes, the pronounced nubs of his cheekbones."

"Amen," director Danis Tanovic followed, breaking the tension. Everyone – including Farrell – laughed.

Farrell spent five weeks in Alicante, Spain, filming Triage, in which he plays a war reporter in Bosnia in the early 1990s.

The actor also spoke of his great respect for war reporters "spending time in war zones to tell stories that capture the imagination – as well as for their wives and girlfriends."