Sign in to follow this  
princess

Jerry O'Connell & Rebecca Romijn

UPDATE: Rebecca Romijn and Jerry O'Connell Welcome Twin Girls!

Monday January 5, 2009

Posted Image

Rebecca Romijn and husband Jerry O'Connell welcomed twin girls, Dolly Rebecca Rose and Charlie Tamara Tuli, on Dec. 28, her rep tells Usmagazine.com.

"Mother, father and both girls are all home and doing well," says her rep.

Howard Stern first announced the news on his Sirius radio show Monday morning.

"They had twin girls, Dolly and Charlie," Stern said. "Rebecca likes Dolly Parton, so they named the one after Dolly Parton, and Jerry got to name the other one Charlie, but his brother’s name is Charlie -- and it’s a girl Charlie."

In July, Usmagazine.com first broke the news that the two (who wed in 2007) were expecting.

A month later, O'Connell, 34, joked that he was already feeling protective of his unborn daughters.

"Just the fact that they're girls, you know?" he told Us. "I don't want them to date. They're only allowed to date men who run countries. They're only allowed to date men who are heir to the throne or are currently running a nation."

In November, Romijn, 36, told Page Six magazine she was ready to give birth. (She had to skip pal Stern's October wedding because she was put on bed rest.)

"I can't move anymore... I'm a beached whale!" she said. "I have not been without a bra this entire pregnancy. I refuse. I'm not taking any chances. I'm determined to keep the puppies up!"

She also revealed that the twins were conceived without the help of in vitro fertilization or the fertility drug Clomid.

"A year ago, we tried Clomid for a couple of months unsuccessfully," Romijn said. "But by the second month, I was like, 'Ahhh! I hate this!' I think when you start messing with your own hormones, it's crazy-making."

Having babies is a dream, she added.

"I was never a girl who dreamed about what her wedding day would be like, but I’ve always dreamed about decorating my baby’s nursery."

And Jerry will make a "fantastic dad," she said. "He's a pragmatic, smart, savvy, enthusiastic person. He really lives his life with tremendous integrity, and he’s a healthy person in every single way."

Romijn and O'Connell "are going to be the most fun, zany parents in California," Ugly Betty star Vanessa Williams told Us in September. "The kids are going to be gorgeous.

"And she's smart, she's talented, she's funny, and she's well grounded," Williams added. "That's what you need to be to be a great mom and raise great kids."

The Dolly name I guess is ok but I don't get naming a girl after your brother.

So they're going to call a girl Charlie? Yea that makes sense....

I have a relative who called her daughter Charlie.

I can understand if it's something like Charlotte which is then shortened to Charlie but I wasn't impressed with it as her "official" name. But each to his (or her) own.

The Dolly name I guess is ok but I don't get naming a girl after your brother.

So they're going to call a girl Charlie? Yea that makes sense....

I have a relative who called her daughter Charlie.

I can understand if it's something like Charlotte which is then shortened to Charlie but I wasn't impressed with it as her "official" name. But each to his (or her) own.

It's certainly not the worse celeb name out there...but the concept seems goofy to me.

Give the GIRL a girls name for goodness sake.

Maybe she'll use her middle name or something.

Don't forget that Jerry's brother's name is Charlie- you'll remember him from The Bachelor, if you watch it. So, I'm thinking that it is a sweet tribute to him!

Don't forget that Jerry's brother's name is Charlie- you'll remember him from The Bachelor, if you watch it. So, I'm thinking that it is a sweet tribute to him!

Yea I know where the name came from...and it'd be fine if he had a son but he has a daughter.

Seems goofy to me that's all.

But he didn't call me and ask my opinion.

Better than Apple and Moses I guess.

Or Pilot Inspektor.

Yea I know where the name came from...and it'd be fine if he had a son but he has a daughter.

Seems goofy to me that's all.

But he didn't call me and ask my opinion.

Better than Apple and Moses I guess.

Or Pilot Inspektor.

Yes, at least it has family ties and they be thinking that these will be their last babies so their only chance to do it. I just didn't know if everyone realized the connection. It seems more plausible than a strange name that doesn't have any lineage, but then I am a southern girl. :)

It's all for the attention of the media.... :rolleyes:

Yea. I'm sure you're right.

Almost everything he's in lately gets automatically cancelled after a few shows.

He seems like a nice guy though.

I'm kinda pffft on her.

And isn't Jerry O'Connell (and/or Rebecca Romijn) gay and this whole thing arranged, or am I imaging this? I seem to remember a lot of talk about it a while back.

But, yeah, I think definitely better than Apple or Pilot Inspektor!

I remember reading she was bi when she was married to John Stamos and that they enjoyed threesomes !! I am sure jerry probaly wouldn't mind it if she invited another woman to their bed too !!!

Perez Hilton was on Howard stern today and he said "how he got to kiss Jerry O'Connell for a bit they did for FunnyOrDie.com. He said that he had no problem kissing Jerry and he enjoyed that."

Jerry O'Connell's Unidentical Twins

Jerry O'Connell says one of his 10-month-old twins is "diabolical."

The actor - who is currently taking a career break to study law and be a stay-at-home dad to daughters Charlie and Dolly - and wife Rebecca Romijn are amazed at how different their babies' personalities are already.

He said: "One is go with anything, you put her down, she's cool with it. One is just a little more demanding, and wants her way. If you have something shiny near you, she wants it and if you don't give it to her she gets very upset.

"I shouldn't say which, but one is a little more diabolical than the other one, but I like that, it shows spunk."

Although he dotes on the children, Jerry insists he and Rebecca still love having time alone - no matter how brief.

He added to website Celebrity Baby Blog: "We throw the kids at their grandparents and then we'll take off for a couple of hours and go out to dinner

"Sounds pretty tame, but when you have kids, you can't fly off to Bora Bora for a weekend. Even a quiet dinner at Chili's away from the kids is a relief."

Source contactmusic

maybe i am showing my age but i remember when it was real popular for girls when the Charlie perfume first came out !! lol

LOL, I remember that too!

O'Connell 'Doesn't Want To Be Stage Dad'

Jerry O'Connell has revealed that he doesn't want his twin daughters to have showbiz careers.

O'Connell explained that he is scared of becoming a stage dad after his 13-month old babies Charlie and Dolly starred in an advert with their mother Rebecca Romijn.

According to Contactmusic, he said: "My wife was holding them and one of them was not behaving accordingly for the photoshoot. I was shocked, I couldn't believe it, but I was turning into such a stage father... dancing by the camera and barking like a dog.

"They finally did it but I might keep them out of that for a little bit. I think I went a little crazy."

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Toting his twins, Jerry O’Connell was spotted bringing daughters Dolly Rebecca Rose (l) and Charlie Tamara Tulip ® to play at an indoor gym Thursday in Los Angeles, Calif.

The 16-month-old girls sported bare feet and matching smiles as they made their way in!

The actor recently said that he and wife Rebecca Romijn consider date nights a top priority — and make use of the grandparents!

“We throw the kids at them and then we’ll take off for a couple of hours and go out,” Jerry explains.

“Even a quiet dinner at Chili’s away from the kids is just — I love them! — [but] it’s a relief!”

Posted Image