Sign in to follow this  
princess

Kate Winslet

Anne Hathaway moved to tears by Kate Winslet's greatness

By ANI

Washington, Mar 16 (ANI):

Actress Anne Hathaway was so moved by an article on actress Kate Winslet, that she wept after reading it. Hathaway said that she loves the actress for her 'greatness', after she came across the Titanic star's interview in Vogue magazine.

The 'Devil Wears Prada' star also said that Winslet's interview made her realise that she still has a lot to achieve in the industry. "I was reading an article about Kate Winslet in Vogue and I love her so much I started crying, realising how great she is and how far I have to go," she said.

The 24-year-old, who revealed that she was similar to Lindsay Lohan in many ways for she too did crazy things when she was young, added that though people think that she is a controlled person, she actually cries rather easily. "People say I appear controlled but I'm just all over the place. I cry terribly easily," she said.

'Revolutionary' Reunion for DiCaprio, Winslet

Alas, it's no 'Titanic, Too'

March 23, 2007

The last time Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio teamed up, their collaboration won a couple Oscars and made over $1.8 billion worldwide. Time for an encore.

According to Variety, the "Titanic" leads are joining forces for DreamWorks' "Revolutionary Road," an adaptation of Richard Yates' 1961 novel to be directed by Winslet's husband Sam Mendes ("American Beauty").

Although DiCaprio has circled a number of productions since closing 2006 with acclaimed performances in "Blood Diamond" and "The Departed," it appears that "Revolutionary Road" -- ready to shoot this summer -- could be his next film.

A critique of American conformity in the '50s, "Revolutionary Road" tells the stories of Frank and April Wheeler, a suburban Connecticut couple stifling their own dreams to conform with the American Dream.

The project was adapted by Justin Haythe.

Winslet, who earned an Oscar nomination for last year's "Little Children," has never worked with her Oscar-winning husband, nor has she paired with DiCaprio since "Titanic."

I have always loved Leo and Kate Winslet. She'd say in Titanic interviews she was like a big sister to him and he'd sit on her knee and fart all the time.

Edited by GimmeSumSugar

Kate Winslet Is My Best Friend and She Doesn't Even Know It

Filed under: Kate Winslet

Posted Image

I heart Kate Winslet. She always plays interesting characters, seems normal as hell and EATS. I feel like if I ever ran into her, I could totally convince her to spend an afternoon with me at Color Me Mine, after which we'd grab some Starbucks and sandwiches and spend the rest of our time talking about how much we love each other's hair color and might just switch. Sigh. Here she is, on the set of "Revolutionary Road," which is the first time she'll be doing a film together with Leonardo DiCaprio since their "Titanic" reunion. I am LOVING this dress and she's making me want to wear my little white cotton gloves that I got in a manicure set, so I can look as dainty as she does.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

More photos of Kate Winslet on the set of "Revolutionary Road" after the jump.

Posted by: Lisa Timmons

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/30/kate_w...ven_know_it.php

Kate Winslet Taking Over Nicole Kidman's Role

PEOPLE

Kate Winslet is stepping in to take over the role vacated by Nicole Kidman in The Reader, PEOPLE has exclusively learned.

Sources confirm that, in fact, Winslet was originally offered the role but couldn't commit due to schedule conflicts. Kidman pulled out of the film after announcing her pregnancy.

"Kate was offered it first before Nicole but couldn't do it but the dates clashed with commitments to Revolutionary Road," says an insider. "So the dates changed, Nicole then got pregnant and now it has come back to Kate."

Based on German author Bernhard Schlink's bestselling 1995 novel – and Oprah's Book Club selection – the film is about an affair between a teenage boy and an older woman in post-WWII Germany.

"Actually everyone is happy now – Nicole as she has a baby on the way, Kate because she has this great role she originally wanted to do, and the filmmakers are too," says the source.

Edited by QTPIE

(Pagesix.com)

KATE TAKES OVER FOR NICOLE

January 9, 2008 -- NICOLE Kidman's loss is Kate Winslet's gain. On Monday, Page Six was first to report that Kidman had to drop out of producer Scott Rudin's movie "The Reader" due to her pregnancy. Now, insiders tell us Winslet has agreed to star opposite Ralph Fiennes in the picture in which "a young man's decades-long obsession with an older woman in Germany runs headlong into a war crimes trial, where he learns an awful truth," as its publicity describes it. One source said, "The role was originally written for Kate, but because it was supposed to start filming in the fall, when she was working on 'Revolutionary Road,' she had to drop out. Nicole was then hired, but her schedule kept getting pushed back and now she's pregnant, so the role went back to Kate." Reps for Winslet and Rudin, whose "No Country for Old Men" and "There Will Be Blood" are both nominated for Golden Globes, couldn't be reached for comment.

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. I love Kate Winslet. She is one of the most caring actresses I have ever seen. I have known her for 3yrs.

Anyone can email me at TitanicRose19735@gmail.com

Edited by TitanicRose35

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. I love Kate Winslet. She is one of the most caring actresses I have ever seen. I have known her for 3yrs.

Hi Titanic, and welcome.

Hi Titanic, and welcome.

Hello and thank you.

Kathryn

(IMDB.COM)

Winslet Sells Dress for $40,000

A dress designed for Hollywood actress Kate Winslet has been sold at an auction for $40,000. The Little Children star sold the Vivienne Westwood creation to raise funds for Cardboard Citizens, a homeless people's theater company. The 32-year-old - who is ambassador for the charity - wore the red dress at a benefit, before auctioning the outfit at the end of the night. She says, "Vivienne Westwood created the dress especially for me for this occasion and it is a really beautiful piece. I hope the winning bidder enjoys wearing it as much as I did."

Winslet's Holocaust drama resumes production

The Holocaust drama "The Reader" has quietly resumed production in Berlin after shutting down last year when Nicole Kidman was forced to drop out because of her pregnancy.

Kate Winslet has stepped into her shoes, playing a concentration camp guard. Also on board are Ralph Fiennes, Bruno Ganz, David Kross and Alexandra Maria Lara.

The story is set in postwar Germany and centers on a teen who begins a long, obsessive affair with Winslet's character. He never learns much about her, and when she disappears one day, he expects never to see her again. But to his horror, he discovers that she is a defendant in a Nazi war crimes trial, and it soon becomes clear that she is guilty of an unspeakable crime.

The project marks a reunion between director Stephen Daldry and screenwriter David Hare, who previously collaborated on the Kidman vehicle "The Hours." It is based on the international best-seller by German author Bernhard Schlink.

MGM and the Weinstein Co. are set to release the film in the North America in December.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Kate Winslet: I Still Feel Like the 'Fat Kid'

Posted Image

Kate Winslet struggled with her weight as a teenager – and the successful star and fashion icon says she still sometimes has doubts about her body.

"I never had a desire to be famous," Winslet, 31, says in a new Vanity Fair interview. "I was fat. I didn't know any fat famous actresses. I just did not see myself in that world at all, and I'm being very sincere. You know, once a fat kid, always a fat kid."

Luckily, Winslet did not let her insecurities get the best of her. In fact, she set a record as the youngest actress to earn five Oscar nominations. But despite her professional successes, Winslet tells the magazine she still can be self-critical.

"You always think that you just look a little bit wrong or a little bit different from everyone else," the actress says. "And I still sort of have that. I often look at women who wear great jeans and high heels and nice little T-shirts wandering around the city and I think, 'I should make more of an effort. I should look like that.'

"But then I think, 'They can't be happy in those heels,'" she says.

So, what makes Winslet happy?

"I need to be looked after," she says. "I need someone to say to me, 'Shall I run you a bath?' or 'Let's go to the pub, just us.' I mean, the things that make me happiest in the whole world are going on the occasional picnic, either with my children or with my partner.

The actress and her director husband Sam Mendes wed in 2003, and have a son, Joe, 5, together. Winslet has a daughter, Mia, 8, from a previous relationship.

Reuniting With Leo

Her latest project, Revolutionary Road, due in theaters in late December, allowed Winslet to collaborate with her husband for the first time. Mendes directed his wife in the period film, which also reunited her with Titanic costar Leonardo DiCaprio.

"Leo and I, you know, are sort of kindred spirits," Winslet says. "We're cut from the same cloth."

DiCaprio also has high praise for Winslet, saying, "Kate is the most talented actress of her generation."

Winslet has already earned Oscar buzz for her role in the film. And she may double her chances a sixth nomination with her second anticipated film this fall, The Reader, due out Dec. 12.

"How the hell did I get that lucky [to have two compelling roles] in the same 12-month period?," she says. "It's really rare and remarkable, and I don't take that position lightly. It might not happen like that again; I'm well aware of that. You know, the truth is, I'm just going to bloody well make the most of it."

either she's had plastic surgery, lost tons of weight or this has been majorly photoshopped. It doesn't even look like her at all !! One of the things i always liked about her was that she wasn't stick thin, she seemed pretty average weight !! These pics look like she's as thin as Nicole Richie !!

Kate Winslet 'Furious' Over Body Airbrush Claims

Just a day after Kate Winslet revealed in a Vanity Fair interview that she still feels like the "fat kid," critics in her home country are lining up to claim she still is.

But the svelte five-time-Oscar-nominee isn't having it: "Kate is furious at suggestions that her body has been airbrushed," her rep tells PEOPLE exclusively.

The Sun ponders on its front page whether "that magic airbrush has been at work again" and the Daily Telegraph got a digital retouching expert to analyze the photos. But the closest scrutiny comes from the Daily Mail, which engaged a professional airbrush artist to perform an autopsy on Winslet, who was shot wearing heels, black stockings and nothing else.

"She is in terrific shape and what you see is how she looks or she would never have agreed to pose for those shots," adds her rep.

Why the British furor over the 33-year-old mom-of-two? In early 2003 Britain's GQ magazine – a stablemate of Vanity Fair – ran digitally "slimmed" photos of Winslet that drew much criticism. Within days Winslet apologized.

"I just didn't want people to think I was a hypocrite and that I'd suddenly lost 30 lbs. or whatever," the youngest ever five-time Oscar nominee said at the time. "So I just came out and said, 'Look, I don't look like that'. I'm not mad at the magazine, but I have no intention of looking like that."

Winslet's rep does admit that minor tweaks were done to the actress for the photoshoot but insists the work was confined to skin shades only.

"The only retouching was the usual work on skin tone that happens in every glamour shoot," adds the rep.

Whoa!!!! What happened to her? Is this photoshopped? I'm not saying she looks bad. It just doesn't look like her at all! :huh:

No, I think they're telling the truth when they said they only did skin tone work. We're reacting to her:

1) Hairline. Hers is normally very horizontal, but she softens it with either a middle part, or side-swept bangs.

2) Hair color. It's obviously a wig and not a good one.

3) Brows. They're definitely darker than usual, and shaped differently than her own. This makes a huge difference.

Kate Winslet: 'Look at Me Not Being Perfect'

Kate Winslet appears naked in her upcoming film The Reader. She doesn't use a body double and disputes weight-loss claims. What's her secret?

"My mantra is 'keep it simple,' " the five-time Oscar nominee tells the U.K.'s Daily Mail in a new interview, revealing that she cooks at home and she eats anything except pasta – "it gives me a stomach ache."

She's also a pilates person!

"I have a mat and little hand weights and I do a stomach thing and a bum thing. It's very simple – you barely break into a sweat," she says of practicing to a DVD "on the living room carpet."

"Here's what's so great about it: no one's looking at you, no one's telling you what to do or work harder or anything like that," says Winslet, 33. "I know it seems slightly tragic but it's my way of exercising in a time-efficient way."

Winslet – who says she does not employ a trainer or a chef – adds: "My body's different. It has settled into what it is now. None of this different diets lark. I can't remember the last time I tried some new fad."

"Nobody is perfect. I just don't believe in perfection. But I do believe in saying, 'This is who I am and look at me not being perfect.' I'm proud of that."

So what does the mother of two, whose "boobs are worse for wear," try? "I do whatever I can just to stay healthy," she says. "I don't go to the gym. I mean, I go through phases where I think: 'Oh, I really should go and do a class.' "

Of the Vanity Fair shoot, which sparked a flurry of digital retouching claims, the actress says she was just in character. "I feel like I was playing the part and not me – it doesn't feel like me. It took six hours to set up the lighting and the hair and makeup, because I obviously don't look like that all the time."Kate Winslet: 'Look at Me Not Being Perfect'

Kate Winslet Dishes on Sex Scenes with Leo

Posted Image

Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio have done steamy onscreen sex scenes together before, but for their upcoming film Revolutionary Road, they had to pair up in front of Winslet's director-husband, Sam Mendes.

"I had a total meltdown," Winslet said at New York City's Times Center on Monday. "Sam was there lining the scene up. I'd get things like, 'Press your hands into his back! No, his back!' You just have to deal with it. Leo was remarkably fine with the whole thing."

Mendes, who joined his wife for the TimesTalks conversation about Revolutionary Road, called the scene "a profoundly weird experience" but said Winslet was very professional. Revolutionary Road marks the first time Mendes has worked with his wife, despite Winslet's efforts to do that for years.

"I was getting a little sick of people like Jake Gyllenhaal, Emma Watson, all these wonderful actors say, 'Oh my God! Oh, you haven't worked together, have you?' I was starting to get a little bit jealous," the Titanic actress said.

Comfortable Nude

For her part, Winslet, 33, said she is fine with getting naked onscreen as long as the scenes fit the story.

"Every time I've been asked to do nudity on screen, I've always believed in the scene," said the actress, who is also naked in her movie The Reader. "I think it's important that women on screen are portrayed as real women. I'm comfortable in my own skin and I'm comfortable with all the imperfections that I have."

Winslet said she hasn't always been so comfortable with her body and was overweight in grade school.

"As a kid, I was bullied at school because I was always quite chubby," she said. "I was always told I was wrong, I was doing the wrong thing. I was made to feel ashamed of myself and my appearance. And you develop a self-preservation muscle when you experience something like that."

Oscar Fanstasies

She escaped the teasing by going into her room and practicing her acting, from making herself cry to makeout scenes in front of a mirror.

"I was the kid who watched Whoopi Goldberg hosting the Academy Awards, and I remember at the end of the show, [she] said, 'To all those kids out there, who wonder one day if they could be in this room, well you know, that could be you.' I was that kid that said, 'Oh my God, that could be me!' I've been there five times!"

I loved her pictures in Vanity Fair. She was after a Catherine Denueve look in Belle Du Jour, and she looks awesome. She has slimmed down since her Titanic days, and I think it's unfair for he media to slam her for looking good, and losing weight. Why is it a crime to try to get into better shape, lighten your hair and look more glamorous as you get older. She is curveous, not stick thin, and she certainly isn't waxy looking or frozen looking like FreezeGranny Nicole.

Posted Image

'ROAD' TO SUCCESS

Over a decade after their blockbuster Titanic, Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio reunite on the red carpet for the premiere of their '50s-era drama Revolutionary Road at the Mann Village Theatre in Westwood, Calif., on Monday. The film, based on the novel by Richard Yates, opens in theaters Dec. 26.

`Slumdog Millionaire' wins top honor at Globes

By DAVID GERMAIN, AP

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. – "Slumdog Millionaire" has lived up to its underdog theme at the Golden Globes, sweeping all four of its categories, including best drama and director for Danny Boyle.

Kate Winslet has won two Globes all on her own, best dramatic actress for "Revolutionary Road" and supporting actress for "The Reader." "The Wrestler" also has two, dramatic actor for Mickey Rourke and best song for Bruce Springsteen.

"Slumdog Millionaire" also won best screenplay and musical score, firming up its prospects for the Academy Awards.

Featuring a generally unknown cast in a story set on the streets of Mumbai, "Slumdog Millionaire" knocked off four other nominated films featuring such stars as Brad Pitt, Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio.

`Slumdog Millionaire' wins top honor at Globes

By DAVID GERMAIN, AP

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. – "Slumdog Millionaire" has lived up to its underdog theme at the Golden Globes, sweeping all four of its categories, including best drama and director for Danny Boyle.

Kate Winslet has won two Globes all on her own, best dramatic actress for "Revolutionary Road" and supporting actress for "The Reader." "The Wrestler" also has two, dramatic actor for Mickey Rourke and best song for Bruce Springsteen.

"Slumdog Millionaire" also won best screenplay and musical score, firming up its prospects for the Academy Awards.

Featuring a generally unknown cast in a story set on the streets of Mumbai, "Slumdog Millionaire" knocked off four other nominated films featuring such stars as Brad Pitt, Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio.

How gracious is this woman? My God after every award each speech was so perfect. She was truly worthy of winning.