Sign in to follow this  
princess

Kate Winslet

I love her. She is so cool--- apologizing because she won the 2nd award to the other actresses ! I thought it was funny that she forgot Angelina's name !! I saw her being interviewed this morning and she still was sorry she won the 2nd one. She actually looked embarrassed !! lol I love her !

I love her. She is so cool--- apologizing because she won the 2nd award to the other actresses ! I thought it was funny that she forgot Angelina's name !! I saw her being interviewed this morning and she still was sorry she won the 2nd one. She actually looked embarrassed !! lol I love her !

I love her, too. I also thought her dress was just fantastic -- best one of the night.

It's about time she wins an Oscar, so two Globes is a pretty good indication of that finally happening. Even though I like it more when people take risky choices fashion-wise, and Kate played it safe, I have to admit that her dress, hair and make-up were pretty much the most flawless of the night. Her speeches were adorable; it always adds a bit of legitimacy to the existence of award shows when you can tell it actually means something to one of the winners. I also liked her forgetting Angelina (I know, I know, it's the sadist in me) and thanking her husband for keeping her and Leonardo in pain every day and enjoying it (...speaking of sadism...).

Can you tell I like Kate? :4biggrin:

IMHO I feel that the two kates...Kate Winslet and Kate Blanchett, are the best actresses of their generations....moving in on Meryl Streep territory. :drool:

IMHO I feel that the two kates...Kate Winslet and Kate Blanchett, are the best actresses of their generations....moving in on Meryl Streep territory. :drool:

ITA!! :1smile:

Congrats, Kate!

I just realized, that in her acceptance speech, she totally forgot Anne Hathaway. She said, "I'm so sorry. Meryl, Kristin. Oh god, who's the other one? Angelina." She never mentioned Anne Hathaway. Did anyone else catch that?

Video on YouTube.

I just realized, that in her acceptance speech, she totally forgot Anne Hathaway. She said, "I'm so sorry. Meryl, Kristin. Oh god, who's the other one? Angelina." She never mentioned Anne Hathaway. Did anyone else catch that?

Video on YouTube.

Sure she did. It was the first name she mentioned, right at the 2 minute mark in the video you posted.

Edited by Hihomumio

Video on YouTube.

Sure she did. It was the first name she mentioned, right at the 2 minute mark in the video you posted.

Thanks. I thought she had said the "am" (em, um) like many do before they start a sentence. Thanks for setting me straight. :1smile:

:inlove:

ITA!! :1smile:

Congrats, Kate!

:inlove:

Winslet Vows To Cover Up

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hollywood actress KATE WINSLET fears she is getting a bad reputation for stripping off in her movies - and has vowed never to bare all on the big-screen again.

The British star is not afraid of going nude in front of the cameras - she has flashed the flesh in more than 10 films, including Titanic, Hamlet, and 2008's The Reader.

But she fears getting a reputation for baring all - and the Golden Globe winning star admits she is unlikely to strip off for a role again.

She tells Time magazine, "I think I won't. I can't keep getting away with it, and I don't want to become 'that actress who always gets her kit off'."

Source: contactmusic

Winslet: 'Parents' Praise is Most Important'

Kate Winslet says critical acclaim means nothing if her parents don't like her work.

The British actress - who is up for a Best Actress gong for her role in The Reader at Sunday's Academy Awards - insists the opinions of her mother and father are much more important to her than those of her Hollywood peers.

She says, "My dad's an actor and he's very opinionated and has specific tastes so it's not always that they've seen a film I've been in and they have lots of things to say or are extremely moved.

"They always love everything I'm in because they're my mum and dad. And they always say the right thing but with The Reader they were just so shocked because they just said it's not you, it's not you."

Source: showbizspy.com

Kate Winslet wins best actress for `The Reader'

NEW YORK – Kate Winslet pulled off the expected Sunday night, winning the Academy Award for best actress for her quietly powerful performance in "The Reader."

Winslet was giddy and emotional as she accepted her trophy.

"I'd be lying if I haven't made a version of this speech before," she said. "I think I was probably 8 years old and staring into the bathroom mirror and this (Oscar) would be a shampoo bottle. But it's not a shampoo bottle now."

She thanked her husband, director Sam Mendes, and their two children. And she also thanked her father, saying "Dad, whistle or something 'cause then I'll know where you are." He whistled back from his seat at the Kodak Theatre.

"You just don't think that these dreams that seem so silly and so impossible could ever really come true," Winslet said backstage.

This is the first Oscar for Winslet, who's been nominated five other times for her roles in "Titanic," "Sense and Sensibility," "Iris," "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" and "Little Children."

But the British actress seemed a shoo-in to win this year: She gained Oscar momentum after snagging a best supporting actress award at the Golden Globes for her role as a former Nazi camp guard in "The Reader," as well as best dramatic actress for her role as an unhappy housewife in "Revolutionary Road."

Winslet, 33, received more recognition on the awards circuit for "The Reader." Her portrayal of Hanna Schmitz — a woman having a passionate affair with a teenager who encounters her again years later while she is on trial for Holocaust crimes — was raw and restrained, netting her additional trophies at the Screen Actors Guild Awards and British Film Academy Awards.

The best-actress category was loaded with strong contenders: Meryl Streep was another front-runner with her 15th acting nomination as a prickly nun in "Doubt." Anne Hathaway played against her wholesome image as a toxic narcissist who leaves rehab to wreak havoc on her sister's wedding in "Rachel Getting Married." Angelina Jolie dug deep to portray a mother of a missing child in "Changeling." And Melissa Leo was powerful as mom who forges an unlikely friendship in "Frozen River."

(This version CORRECTS graf 3 to say that Winslet referred to Oscar as shampoo bottle, not microphone.)

What is Lainey referring to when she mentions all the rumours swirling around Kate

The only thing I heard was the whole "Her and Leo" stuff BUT I am not up on the gossip so there might something more obvious and I have no idea.

Hefner 'Wants Kate Winslet In Playboy'

Hugh Hefner has said that he would like to feature Oscar-winning actress Kate Winslet as a centrefold in Playboy.

The magazine's founder described Winslet as one of the "major sex celebrities of the time", together with Scarlett Johansson, Angelina Jolie and former Spice Girl Victoria Beckham, Metro reports.

Hefner said: "There's no question we would be interested in her.

"It's a competitive market, more than it used to be, and certainly Kate Winslet would be most welcome in our pages."

He added that he would also be interested in featuring pictures of popstars Lily Allen and Cheryl Cole, though he said that Cole was "the more attractive of the two".

Last week, it was claimed that Winslet had pledged never to take off her clothes for a film role again because she cannot "keep getting away with it".

Source: digitalspy.co.uk

Inspiring Mother Kate Winslet

Maggie Gyllenhaal admires Kate Winslet's parenting skills.

The 31-year-old actress, who has two-year-old daughter Ramona with husband Peter Sarsgaard, is in awe of the way the 'Revolutionary Road' actress raises her two children.

Maggie said: "I try to protect my personal life, and most of all my daughter. But I also recall things people I admire have said in print that have helped me. I've thought, 'Oh, wow, Kate Winslet thinks that way about parenting,' or, 'Meryl Streep thinks that about acting.' So I do also believe that it's good to let a little bit out."

Despite wanting to reveal some aspects of her private life to her fans, Maggie is not interested in hearing what people think about her.

Referring to internet search engine Google, she explained: "You can't go and Google yourself. You just can't. It doesn't feel good.

"Just step away from Google, absolutely. How can you ever choose things in your life that will please everyone? The same goes for reviews. I can do work I'm proud of, but then people don't like it and it just ties you up in knots."

Source: monstersandcritics.com

Kate Winslet Wins $40,000 in Libel Suit

Academy Award winner Kate Winslet said Tuesday she was "delighted" to win a payout of about $40,000 from a British newspaper that said she lied about her exercise regime.

"I strongly believe that women should be encouraged to accept themselves as they are, so to suggest that I was lying was an unacceptable accusation of hypocrisy," the 33-year-old mother of two said in a statement. In January, Winslet told reporters she was going "easy" on herself and not exercising at all during the hectic awards season.

She has frequently stated women should be proud to accept how they look, so when the Daily Mail ran the report, which her lawyers claimed was "misleading the public," she had to act.

In the High Court in London Tuesday, the paper accepted the allegation made in the Jan. 30 story – headlined "Should Kate Winslet win an Oscar for the World's most irritating actress?" – was false and has agreed to publish an apology and pay not only damages but also her legal costs. The story came just three weeks before her Best Actress win for The Reader.

"I am delighted that the Mail have apologized for making false allegations about me," Winslet said in the statement. "I was particularly upset to be accused of lying about my exercise regime, and felt that I had a responsibility to request an apology in order to demonstrate my commitment to the views that I have always expressed about body issues, including diet and exercise."

Source People

Kate Winslet Boosts Economy

Kate Winslet is worth £60 million to Britain.

The 'Reader' actress was the first celebrity to be "audited" by the UK Film Council, which looked to put a specific value on the country's creative industries and chose the English star as the first example for her success abroad and public profile.

David Steele, the head of research and statistics at the UK Film Council, explained: "When an actor achieves international prominence, they have a general effect of boosting their country of origin that works its way through television appearances, advertising and celebrity news."

A friend said Kate - who won the Best Actress Oscar for 'The Reader' this year - found it "both flattering and very funny".

The audit assessed salaries, profile and "box-office effect" on tourism and entertainment sales to find the figure, which has been nicknamed 'the Winslet algorithm' and may now be used to work out the value of other famous faces, including 'The Dark Knight' star Christian Bale and current James Bond Daniel Craig.

Kate, 34, is estimated to have earned £20 million from her movies since 1995, while the head designer of car manufacturer Jaguar admitted he had Kate's curves in mind when designing the new XK model.

The 'Revolutionary Road' star is Britain's third-highest paid actor - earning £6 million for 'Finding Neverland - with 'Harry Potter' star Daniel Radcliffe and 'Hugh Grant' earning £8.2 million and £7.5 million respectively for 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix' and 'Two Weeks Notice'.

Source monstersandcritics.com

Kate Winslet named best celebrity body

Kate Winslet's curves are proving popular - she's topped a poll of the celebrity bodies women would most love to have.

The shapely "Titanic" star ranked above British actress Kelly Brook and former Bond girl Halle Berry, who were at number two and three respectively in the survey by U.K. diet company Slimming World.

Girls Aloud singer Cheryl Cole polled in fourth place, with Beyonce rounding out the top five.

Other celebrities to reach the top ten include "Smile" hitmaker Lily Allen, actress Sienna Miller and supermodel Kate Moss.

Meanwhile super-slim pop star-turned-fashion designer Victoria Beckham only received one per cent of the votes.

source: http://www.sfgate.com

While I'm sure she's larger than the average actress/singer/etc, am I the only one that thinks she's only "curvy" by Hollywood standards? And isn't she another one of those women who talk about loving their bodies, etc., then go on to lose weight, saying it's only "getting healthier" etc., and not because of media/other pressure?

That said, I generally like her, but get tired of skinny women being called curvy!

Kate Winslet Wasn't Ready For Fame

Kate Winslet has admitted that the overnight fame that Titanic brought her was overwhelmed her as it was so unexpected.

Despite already having an Oscar nomination under her belt from Sense and Sensibility it was her role as Rose DeWitt Bukater that shot her to global superstardom.

In an interview with the Sunday Express the actress said: "I felt overwhelmed by it all..

"Leo [DiCaprio] was completely cool with everything - he grew up in Los Angeles and understood the implications of fame...

“Whereas I was a plump girl in England who never imagined myself in that situation. I wasn't ready to become a major star. I was terrified about how radically it was changing my life."

Since then Winslet has seen her star continue to rise and today she is one of the most talented and in demand actresses currently working in Hollywood.

She finally got her hands on the coveted Oscar last year for her role in Holocaust drama The Reader. With that nomination she became the youngest ever actress to have been nominated for six Academy Awards.

For her role in The Reader she also won the Golden Globe and the Bafta.

Source femalefirst

From Dlisted:

Kate Winslet And Sam Mendes Have Quit Each Other

Kate Winslet and Sam Mendes have gone their separate ways after 7 years of marriage. Kate and Sam quietly broke up earlier this year after they realized their love died when they moved to the suburbs of Connecticut. Why didn't they just go to Paris?! Why did Kate have to try to abort her own baby?! WHY?! WHY?! Note: That's the plot of a movie, that isn't real-life. I think.

Kate and Sam issued this diplomatic statement through a lawyer:

"Kate and Sam are saddened to announce that they separated earlier this year. The split is entirely amicable and is by mutual agreement. Both parties are fully committed to the future joint parenting of their children." 

Just because Kate Winslet broke up with her husband doesn't mean she's going to dive to the bottom of the ocean to grab Leonardo DiCaprio's hand and bring him back to shore with her so they can live happily ever after. That shit was jut a movie! Yes, Kate and Leo are always dry humping on each other at awards shows, but that doesn't mean anything. They are just best girlfriends. Besides, Leonardo DiCatchaho only dates women he can order through the Sports Illustrated catalog.

Posted by: Michael K

Well I was very shocked they split. She's definitely a celeb crush who I wouldn't mind bumping into...I haven't heard anything, good or bad about her.