princess

Beyonce and Jay-Z

Beyoncé's team are furious with organisers of the MOBO Awards, the Daily Star claims today.

The singer was booed by crowds at the awards on Wednesday night when she failed to turn up to collect three gongs for Best International Female, Best Song and Best Video. However Beyoncé's camp are said to have blamed the bad reception on organisers who allegedly hinted at her possible appearance.

A record label source told the newspaper: "Beyoncé was never going to the show. She never even considered it. But they kept intimating that she might come - which is tantamount to lying as far as we're concerned.

"Understandably, fans who'd gone to the show hoping to see her were left disappointed and then booed her. So Beyoncé and her management are left furious because she's done nothing wrong. Beyoncé definitely won't be attending the MOBOs in 2007."

digitalspy.co.uk

"I make black records. I write records like I speak, and I don’t try to change my songs so everyone else likes them."

– Beyoncé, to Blender

MAKING A TOAST

It's a meeting of music lovers Wednesday night! Beyoncé and Gwyneth Paltrow get the champagne flowing to mark the end of Jay-Z's U.K. tour at an afterparty at London's Movida.

Posted Image

Edited by Cutielb99

MUSICAL CHAIRS

Beyoncé makes the rounds at the afterparty – chatting up Paltrow's rocker husband Chris Martin – after hanging with the Mrs. (not pictured). Martin later repaid the honor by paying his respects to B's man – and man of the hour – Jay-Z (inset).

Posted Image

Court Says Beyonce Didn't Steal Song

AP

A federal judge has dismissed a copyright infringement lawsuit a Minneapolis singer-songwriter filed against Beyonce, ruling the songs were "substantially dissimilar."

Jennifer Armour sued the R&B star last year, claiming that the 2003 hit song "Baby Boy," from Beyonce Knowles' Grammy-winning album "Dangerously in Love," took lyrics from her own song, "Got a Little Bit of Love For You."

Armour said her former manager submitted demo recordings of her song to various studios including Columbia Records and Atlantic Recording Corporations, record labels for Knowles and Sean Paul, who is featured in the song.

However, the court did a side-by-side comparison of the two songs to look for substantial similarity a key component of copyright infringement and found they were "substantially dissimilar."

"It's unfortunate that lawsuits such as this one occur, but I am grateful and relieved to have this behind me and I am eager to move on," Knowles, a Houston native, said in a statement issued by Music World Entertainment, the music management company her manager father founded.

Armour could not be reached for comment.

Beyonce's Mom Fires Back at Reporter

We've always thought of Beyonce Knowles as a pretty intelligent woman, but suddenly it seems like she can't even count to 12 -- at least not when it comes to sizing her House of Dereon fashion line.

The singer got an earful from a Chicago TV reporter who interrupted a puff-piece interview with Beyonce and her mother, Tina, to inquire about why some items from the line seemed poorly sized in a way that was decidedly unfriendly to gals who might be called "bootylicious."

While Beyonce didn't say a word in her own defense, Mrs. Knowles quickly showed off her Journalism 101 skills by firing back a question of her own at reporter Dorothy Tucker: "Why would you do that? You're here to interview us about the clothes in a positive light."

When Tucker persisted, the interview was cut short, giving viral video traders a tidbit for the archives. So much for living large.

The Video

Now that Jay-Z's new single "Show Me What You Got" has leaked to radio, he's wasting no time pushing forward with the accompanying visuals.

The video for "Show Me What You Got," shot by veteran director F. Gary Gray (Ice Cube, Outkast)

— not Hype Williams, as reported earlier — is set to premiere on Monday (see "Start The 'Show': Jay-Z's Trumpet-Filled Comeback Single Leaks Online"). The song marks Jay-Z's first offering from Kingdom Come, his long-rumored comeback album slated to hit shelves November 23 via Roc-A-Fella/ Def Jam Records (see "Jay-Z's 'Retirement' Is Finally Over: New Album Due In November").

Shot on location overseas in Monaco, the video finds Jay-Z in espionage mode, sporting a James Bond attitude in car and boat chase scenes.

"It just felt fun," the rapper told MTV News of the Just Blaze-helmed track. "I didn't want to put too much on it. I didn't want to go super heavy [or] complex with the lyrics. It's almost like this male/female banter. Show me what you got, bird lady. That was needed. It's basically a fun record."

Pro race car drivers Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Danica Patrick make cameos in the clip. The four-minute video opens with Jay-Z riding shotgun with Earnhardt as he and Patrick dash through the famously treacherous roads above Monaco, racing each other in pricey European sports cars. Next, Jay is out on the water traveling in a speedboat with no entourage in tow. The Def Jam president and another boat, full of ladies, pace back and forth taking turns trying to one-up each other with tricks.

When Jay-Z docks his boat, he lands on an exclusive resort for the club scene and a high-stakes game of poker. And as the card bout gets tense, Jay-Z casually dismisses a waiter attempting to deliver him a bottle of Cristal, which the rapper called for a boycott of recently due to disparaging remarks made toward black people by the champagne maker's managing director. His new drink of choice? That'd be Veuve Clicquot.

Kingdom Come is expected to feature contributions from Just Blaze, Kanye West and possibly acts from his Def Jam roster, including Young Jeezy.

Source: MTV.com

China Cancels Jay-Z's Shanghai Concert

AP

China's Culture Ministry has nixed a concert this month by rap artist Jay-Z at Shanghai's Hongkou Stadium, citing a need to protect local hip-hop fans from nasty lyrics, a report said Wednesday.

"Some of Jay-Z's songs contain too much vulgar language," the state-run Shanghai Daily newspaper quoted Sun Yun, of promoter KS Production Co., as saying to explain the ministry's reason for refusing permission for the Oct. 23 concert.

The concert would have been the Chinese debut for the rap icon, whose real name is Shawn Carter.

The New York rapper's use of profanity and songs about drug dealers, pimps and violence apparently offended the culture czars, who have recently allowed other groups with sexually suggestive songs, such as The Rolling Stones and the Black Eyed Peas, to perform in Shanghai.

The cancellation could not be immediately confirmed, but a notice posted Wednesday on an online ticket booking Web site, Tickets365, said the concert had been postponed.

The notice in red gave no reason, but said concertgoers would be contacted as soon as a new date was set.

A call to a representative for the rapper early Wednesday went unanswered, as did calls to the news office of China's Culture Ministry. The number for KS Production was not available.

How a Roc-solid partnership ran aground

On the eve of his long-awaited album "Kingdom Come's" release, Jay-Z talks for the first time about his split with Roc-A-Fella co-founder Damon Dash.

"People rewrite history," the rapper and record exec says to Elliott Wilson, editor in chief of XXL. "If they realized that, two years before, [Def Jam] offered me f-ing $20 million to cut them out, and I didn't do it. ... You're friends. You ain't supposed to do that. I said no. You know, I couldn't live."

But the partnership broke up because "It wasn't what it once was, in my eyes. You know, maybe I contributed to it. We all contributed. Maybe being 34, as opposed to being 26, contributed to it. It wasn't the same thing."

The rap mogul also responds to LL Cool J's recent criticism that he didn't promote LL's album enough.

"I think ... that we went above and beyond with his project. We shot two videos before the project even came out. That's not, especially in this climate of business, that's not typical. You know, people get one video, if that. We shot two videos with Hype Williams. Got Jennifer Lopez in the video. The commitment to the project was clearly, clearly there. ... How much can you give a man?"

He tells Wilson of his newfound respect for execs like Island Def Jam honcho L.A. Reid. "If [an artist] fails, you did it. If they succeed, they did it," he quips. Wilson, who is saving Jay's comments on Beyoncé for the mag's Web site, XXLmag.com, tells us Jay cares most about his legacy as an artist: "He always gives respect to [Tupac Shakur] and Biggie [smalls], and knows he can never replace them, but I believe his goal is to become the greatest rapper of all time."

FREQUENT FLIER

And the Australian tour continues for Beyoncé! The singer touches down in Melbourne on Friday to watch rapper beau Jay-Z wind down his world tour with a Saturday concert.

Posted Image

How a Roc-solid partnership ran aground

On the eve of his long-awaited album "Kingdom Come's" release, Jay-Z talks for the first time about his split with Roc-A-Fella co-founder Damon Dash.

"People rewrite history," the rapper and record exec says to Elliott Wilson, editor in chief of XXL. "If they realized that, two years before, [Def Jam] offered me f-ing $20 million to cut them out, and I didn't do it. ... You're friends. You ain't supposed to do that. I said no. You know, I couldn't live."

But the partnership broke up because "It wasn't what it once was, in my eyes. You know, maybe I contributed to it. We all contributed. Maybe being 34, as opposed to being 26, contributed to it. It wasn't the same thing."

The rap mogul also responds to LL Cool J's recent criticism that he didn't promote LL's album enough.

"I think ... that we went above and beyond with his project. We shot two videos before the project even came out. That's not, especially in this climate of business, that's not typical. You know, people get one video, if that. We shot two videos with Hype Williams. Got Jennifer Lopez in the video. The commitment to the project was clearly, clearly there. ... How much can you give a man?"

He tells Wilson of his newfound respect for execs like Island Def Jam honcho L.A. Reid. "If [an artist] fails, you did it. If they succeed, they did it," he quips. Wilson, who is saving Jay's comments on Beyoncé for the mag's Web site, XXLmag.com, tells us Jay cares most about his legacy as an artist: "He always gives respect to [Tupac Shakur] and Biggie [smalls], and knows he can never replace them, but I believe his goal is to become the greatest rapper of all time."

isn't this the answer to a blind item.

popbitch.com

A source at Def Jam says Jay-Z has nixed Foxxy Brown's

new album because he thinks she's been spreading

rumours about him and Rihanna getting frisky.

76er A Marathon Man In Bed

November 11, 2006 -- ALLEN Iverson isn't just one of the great basketball stars of our time - he's also a tireless slam-dunk in the bedroom, according to one of his ex-lovers.

In her autobiography, "It's No Secret," out this month from Pocket Books, former Def Jam Records office worker Carmen Bryan tells of her X-rated romps with hip-hop legends Jay-Z and Nas, with whom she has a child. But she saves her most gushing praise for Iverson, the 6-foot-tall Philadelphia 76ers guard, whom she labels a "lean and muscled" sexual "warrior."

"Just looking at him got me excited . . . He was so physically strong he thought nothing of picking me up and creating the most erotic of poses," writes Bryan about their first night of passion in a hotel. Even after Iverson exhausted her, he was instantly ready for more.

"In Round 2, he picked me up and swiftly carried me over to a table, perching me on its edge . . . holding me up by my hips and lower back." Exhausted, Bryan said she tried to rest, but Iverson snapped, "You think we're done? Oh, we ain't done!"

"He buried his face in my neck in spontaneous affection, which got Round 3 going. By now I needed a battery to keep up with the energetic Bubba Chuck."

Nas was also a player in the sack - "a human octopus" - she says. But he once freaked when he spotted a huge hickey on her neck from another man: "The next thing I knew I was being hit in the face with a closed fist. The impact of the blow was so fierce that I saw stars."

Bryan got payback when she inadvertently bought a box of defective condoms that set Nas' private parts on fire. "I ran down to the kitchen and grabbed a cup, added warm water and a pinch of baking soda . . . I told him to sit back and soak. It was at least an hour before Nas and his manhood were back to normal. 'The things you put me through, Carm,' he sighed."

Jay-Z, who Bryan says she inspired to write "Give It to Me," never had a problem getting amorous, even when he was wasted. "When [he] is inebriated his stamina increases tremendously," she gushes.

Jigga What? Rapper Leaves Beyoncé in the Cold

Posted Nov 22nd 2006 1:27PM by TMZ Staff

Filed under: Wacky and Weird, Beyonce Knowles

Hey Jay-Z, a word of advice -- don't leave a lady like Beyoncé Knowles out in the cold.

While the Jiggaman partied it up inside Area for an American Music Awards after-party, his bootylicious babe stayed in the car like a puppy patiently waiting for its owner.

After leaving Beyoncé sitting with her driver for at least 40 minutes, Jay finally emerged from the club to join his Naughty Girl in the couple's silver Mercedes.

With Beyoncé's latest single touting the lyrics, "I can have another you in a minute," Jay-Z better start being a little more attentive before he's left out in the cold.

OPENING NUMBER

Beyoncé causes a stir on the AMAs red carpet in aqua Elie Saab, before heading inside for a quick change (into a sequined Diab'less minidress) to kick off the show with her single "Irreplaceable."

Posted Image

BOOTY LOVE

By Antonia Hoyle

POP diva Beyonce Knowles has always been a supreme talent.

Now the bootylicious beauty, 25, proves it in a new movie in which she plays a member of a 60s girl band just like The Supremes.

In Dreamgirls, she stars as Deena Jones, lead singer of the Dreamettes. And the role - alongside Jamie Foxx and Eddie Murphy - will strike a chord with fans of Motown music.

Beyonce shed 20lb in two weeks and looks the spitting image of Supremes legend Diana Ross.

But the curvy singer couldn't wait to pile the pounds back on after filming. She admits: "At the wrap party, I ate so many cupcakes I was sick. Then I ate everything fried I could find. That was the best time of my life."

She's not about to quit pop, but after spoof movies Austin Powers and Pink Panther, she is desperate to show she is a talented actress.

She said : "People will be shocked by Dreamgirls because I finally have a part I can really act in. "I still haven't proven myself as an actress as I haven't had the roles to show what I can do."

We're sure they will come in time. But as The Supremes might have put it - you can't hurry, love...

Ex of Nas: Three was rapper's big delight

Nas (above) and wife Kelis are targets of a book by his ex, who claims he wanted to have a threesome with both women.

Hell hath no fury like a baby mama scorned.

Nas's ex is raking her acrylics over the rapper and his wife, Kelis, in a new tell-all book, "It's No Secret."

Carmen Bryan says he beat her, cheated on her, cut her child support, and then invited her for a threesome with the "Milkshake" singer, just before they married.

And you think your boyfriend has lousy foreplay.

Not that the self-described "hip-hop Helen of Troy" stayed home watching Oprah when her man was away. She found time to entertain Jay-Z and Allen Iverson while dating Nas.

She claims he beat her "with a closed fist" after finding out about one fling. In turn, she "pulled out my pepper spray from my back pocket and sprayed Nas down like he was some rabid pit bull," when he cheated.

Miz Bryan also claims Kelis doesn't wear deodorant, Jay-Z scrubs his butt in the shower (doesn't everyone?), and Nas once turned down a date with Beyonce because, he said, "to be honest, I can't take her breath."

Sure.

Beyoncé Denies Rumors of Jennifer Hudson Feud

MONDAY DECEMBER 04, 2006 01:00PM EST

By Amy Longsdorf and Stephen M. Silverman

People.com

You can put those rumors of a feud on the set of Dreamgirls to rest. Beyoncé Knowles says that she and her costar Jennifer Hudson, of American Idol fame, didn't have bad blood while filming the movie.

"I knew that the character that I played wasn't the star," Knowles, 25, told reporters on Saturday about knowing full well that her Diana Ross-esque role of Deena Jones was less meaty than Hudson's part as Effie White – a part that is already getting Hudson Oscar buzz. "She wasn't the underdog. She didn't have the struggle and the pain and the dramatic scenes that Effie had, and I was fine with that."

Taking the role was about proving herself as an actress. "I'm already a star. I already have nine Grammys. Everyone knows I can sing," she said. "I did this because I wanted people to know that I can act and I can play someone so different from myself."

So, what about the rumors of jealousy towards Hudson? "It's really unfortunate that everyone is saying I'm jealous of Jennifer. It hurts my heart because it's so clichéd. … They're saying that I'm mad when I knew going into this that I was playing Deena," said Knowles. "Because I'm a star they just automatically assume that I'm not humble enough to sit down and take a back seat, which I am."

But the R&B star did admit that she would have liked to have sung Effie's song, "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going," a showstopper that, in large part, helped get Jennifer Holliday a Tony Award for best actress for the original 1981 Broadway version of Dreamgirls.

"I mean," said Knowles, "I wish I could've gained 20 pounds and played Effie."

Asked if she'd really have packed on the weight for the part, Knowles said, "Yes. I absolutely would have, but Bill (Condon, the movie's writer-director) didn't even believe that I could be Deena. So imagine if I would've said, 'Bill, I want to be Effie.' "

And Knowles has high praise for Hudson's portrayal of Effie. "Jennifer Hudson had such a pressure, first of all, never being in a film and never have done an album and still having to live up to those expectations," said Knowles. "She did incredible."

MONDAY DECEMBER 04, 2006 01:00PM EST

By Amy Longsdorf and Stephen M. Silverman

People.com

You can put those rumors of a feud on the set of Dreamgirls to rest. Beyoncé Knowles says that she and her costar Jennifer Hudson, of American Idol fame, didn't have bad blood while filming the movie.

"I knew that the character that I played wasn't the star," Knowles, 25, told reporters on Saturday about knowing full well that her Diana Ross-esque role of Deena Jones was less meaty than Hudson's part as Effie White – a part that is already getting Hudson Oscar buzz. "She wasn't the underdog. She didn't have the struggle and the pain and the dramatic scenes that Effie had, and I was fine with that."

Taking the role was about proving herself as an actress. "I'm already a star. I already have nine Grammys. Everyone knows I can sing," she said. "I did this because I wanted people to know that I can act and I can play someone so different from myself."

So, what about the rumors of jealousy towards Hudson? "It's really unfortunate that everyone is saying I'm jealous of Jennifer. It hurts my heart because it's so clichéd. … They're saying that I'm mad when I knew going into this that I was playing Deena," said Knowles. "Because I'm a star they just automatically assume that I'm not humble enough to sit down and take a back seat, which I am."

But the R&B star did admit that she would have liked to have sung Effie's song, "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going," a showstopper that, in large part, helped get Jennifer Holliday a Tony Award for best actress for the original 1981 Broadway version of Dreamgirls.

Asked if she'd really have packed on the weight for the part, Knowles said, "Yes. I absolutely would have, but Bill (Condon, the movie's writer-director) didn't even believe that I could be Deena. So imagine if I would've said, 'Bill, I want to be Effie.' "

And Knowles has high praise for Hudson's portrayal of Effie. "Jennifer Hudson had such a pressure, first of all, never being in a film and never have done an album and still having to live up to those expectations," said Knowles. "She did incredible."

suuuuuuuuuurrrrrrre beyonce

MEOW!

Oh sure, B. Nice dig at Jennifer. I can tell that you're not jealous at all.

Beyonce Clearly Wants To Make Sure Gays See Her New Movie

Beyonce has been interviewed for the first time by a gay magazine, and we learn what might have inspired some of those dreadful clothes TIna Knowles makes her wear.

Beyoncé Knowles is set to shock fans after landing on the cover of leading gay magazine Instinct. The sexy singer/actress agreed to give her first national gay interview to the publication to promote her new movie musical Dreamgirls. In the article, she reveals a gay uncle made her turn her back on stereotypes and embrace homosexuals.

Knowles also makes it clear that her strict religious upbringing never made her turn against gay men and women, despite the church's opinion that homosexuals are abhorrent to God.

She explains, "I was raised by my uncle who passed away with AIDS a couple of years ago. He was my mother's best friend. He brought me to school every day. He helped me buy my prom dress. He made my clothes with my mother. He was like my nanny. He was my favorite person in the whole world. I never mixed Christianity with how I felt (about him). I am about faith and spirituality more so than religion. Doing right by others and not judging."

The singer also insists she'd have no problems if a son of hers was to come to her with a gay confession: "(I'd say) I love him for the person he is with no expectations back."

TMZ.com:

Beyonce and Jay-Z to Tie the Knot Next Weekend?

Yes, we've told this story before – Beyonce and Jay-Z cause the gossips to titter by teasing that they're going to get married on some island or another, and then they don't. Well, this time, according to Page Six, it really really might happen. "Beyonce is throwing Jay a four-day birthday party, but it's really a wedding," says one source. Guests were told to have their passports ready by Friday for a party on a yacht in St. Barts. But then attendees will go to Anguilla for the wedding at tony resort Cap Juluca. No word from the rap mogul or the pop princess on their plans.