princess

Beyonce and Jay-Z

Fix Was In

BEYONCÉ's mom may have gotten a recommen dation from her boy friend, Jay-Z, in landing her latest venture. The hip-hop mogul is one of the owners of the Brook lyn-bound New Jersey Nets. Deréon, the junior apparel collection from House of Deréon, which is designed by Beyoncé's mom, Tina Knowles, was just named official sponsor of the Nets Dancers, who entertain on the hardwood at halftime and timeouts. "The Nets Dancers are such a fun part of going to the games," said Tina. "We are thrilled to be able to provide Deréon wardrobe for these ex tremely talented young women."

panachereport.com

Beyonce’s publicists are playing down reports the singer/actress is distraught after discovering she has been disqualified from the Oscars' Best Song category, insisting the star always knew she'd miss out on a nod. Academy Awards rules stipulate only three people can be officially nominated for each Best Song - and judges are forced to pick the trio who contributed most to the tune. That means Beyonce misses out because she merely added a few finishing touches to the hit song “Listen,” from the “Dreamgirls,” soundtrack.

According to the Academy, Henry Krieger, Anne Preven and Scott Cutler will be recognized as the songwriters. But Beyonce's publicist Alan Nierob insists his client always knew she'd miss out on a Best Song Oscar nod. He says, "Beyonce is aware of the Oscar rule that says only three songwriters can be nominated. It's all about percentages how much each person contributed to the song. "Beyonce contributed greatly to Listen, but her percentage is lower, so she didn't expect to be eligible for nomination. She's very happy that her co-writers may be recognized."

In Related News: Beyonce says, "I want to be the first black woman to win an Oscar, a Grammy and a Tony." Also, Beyonce enjoys her widespread fame and wouldn't change her superstar status for the world, despite the pressures it places her under. The singer admits the biggest downside of fame is the difficulty of finding trustworthy friends. Knowles says, "Work is my drug. I'm not worried about having a breakdown. "There are negative sides to fame, sure. It's hard to find yourself when everyone tells you everything you do is excellent. It's hard to stay humble, hard to make friends. It's hard to know who is real. "It's also hard if you don't have people you trust before you become famous."

Are Beyonce and Jay Z already married?

crazydays&nights blog

Yes, we have heard the rumors before, but this is the first time that an actual location is being offered as the place the wedding occurred. In addition, for the first time a source has identified photos which were taken immediately after the ceremony took place and are at the end of this post.

It is generally acknowledged that Jay and Beyonce began dating in August 2002 in St. Tropez. They had previously worked together while recording "03 Bonnie & Clyde," but this was the first time they had been seen in public as a couple. Throughout that fall and winter there were rampant rumors about their engagement which they always denied. In fact, they even denied they were a couple for most of that initial period.

In spring 2003, Jay-Z confirmed they were a couple in a backhanded way. He told the New York Daily News on March 12, 2003 that he and Beyonce were a thing of the past. When Jay-Z was asked about Beyonce not being in his new video, Jay-Z replied, "My point exactly."

During that time frame, the April 2003 issue of Playboy was released and Jay-Z stated in that issue, "I used to see her all the time. We are not engaged, by the way. We’re just cool. We’re just friends." In order to drive the knife as deep as possible, Jay went on to say, "We don’t really, ah, know each other like that. Me and Memphis Bleek, we’re tighter. He’s been with me since 1994. Between Beyonce and him? Beyonce’s got to go."

Showing that forgiveness is a part of love, Jay-Z and Beyonce were seen together two weeks later having lunch together in NYC.

We have now confirmed they are a couple. Now, let’s get them engaged.

On January 28, 2004 Jay-Z attended a party for his great friend Lyor Cohen. At that party, Jay-Z made a speech where he stated, "You’ve (Cohen) been one of the best friends I could have had...Apart from this woman (Beyonce) beside me, who I love and will marry soon." After the announcement the crowd at the party went crazy. No official announcement of this engagement was ever made, but none was needed because Jay-Z told the world himself.

Shortly after Jay-Z’s engagement announcement, Beyonce stated that she had no immediate plans to marry. During that summer of 2004 when the two could have got married, Jay was in the middle of rehearsing for the now infamous Best of Both Worlds Tour with R. Kelly while Beyonce was finishing a tour with Destiny’s Child and started filming The Pink Panther. In May of 2004 at a press conference announcing the beginning of production on the film, Beyonce was directly asked whether she was married and she answered, "I’m married?, No, I am not married. She was not evasive and answered the question.

We have them engaged. Now, let’s get them married.

In the summer of 2005 Jay-Z and Beyonce returned to the Mediterranean which was the sight of their first time together as a couple. It was late June 2005 and the weather was great. They were having the time of their life and now was the time to get married. On June 15, 2005 just before dawn they were married in Italy. The pictures below were taken almost immediately after the ceremony.

Shortly after the ceremony, Beyonce was interviewed by Vanity Fair magazine for their November 2005 issue. Again she is asked if she is married. Unlike at the press conference the year before this time she answers, that they are not even engaged. (That was not the question. Any couple who marries is no longer engaged.) She then goes on to say "how can someone be engaged and married at the same time?" She then changed the subject and it never came up again.

In December 2006 when there were reports that Beyonce and Jay-Z were going to marry, a representative of Beyonce stated the couple was not going to get married that weekend. The rep continued by stating that Beyonce had no plans that weekend or any time in the near future. ( No need to, because they are already married.)

Beyonce Is Holding A Nationwide Search For Back-Up Dancers

..when I am but an e-mail away, my rhinestone mini-dress back from the cleaners, pressed and ready to go. From CNN:

A nationwide talent search for dancers fleet-footed enough to back up Beyonce Knowles came to the pop diva's hometown as hundreds turned out to audition for 40 open slots. The would-be performers took turns Saturday moving through choreographed routines to such Beyonce hits as "Deja Vu," while cameras recorded their footwork and choreographer Frank Gaston studied their style. Houston was the third location in the cross-country search, following auditions in Atlanta and Los Angeles. After two more stops, in New York and Chicago, Gaston and Beyonce will review the tapes.

Bet you didn't know I could dance, did you? Yup, it's one of my many secret talents. That, and my ability to supermodel, which I discovered completely by accident in a studio in Olan Mills over twenty years ago.

From panachereport.com

Hundreds of potential dancers showed up at auditions in Texas on Saturday for the chance to join pop star Beyonce on her new tour. The singer is in the middle of staging a nationwide talent search for hot dancers and arrived in her native Houston to audition candidates. The former Destiny’s Child star hopes to hit the road in March (07) with a 40-strong troupe of dancers. Past auditions have been held in Atlanta, Georgia and Los Angeles. The selected dancers will earn between $1,500 and $3,000 per week.

ASSISTANT: I FEAR JAY Z MAY BE BEATING BEYONCE!!

January 10.

MediaTakeOut.com received an explosive email from a woman claiming to be Beyonce's assistant. The woman believes that Jay Z may be abusing Beyonce. Here is the full text of the email:

I wanted to bring this to MediaTakeOut.com because I know how you all like to put stuff out no matter what it is. So I felt that I should expose Jay for the ugly [EXPLETIVE] he is.

Seems that for a while he's had a problem with keeping his hands to himself. Now I've never seen him just flat out strike Bee, but too many times have I seem him shove and push her.

At first I thought that it was just a little horse play thing between the two - but once I saw how embarrassed Bee was to be man-handled in the front of me in St. Tropez - I realized that it was no joke.

I've been [beyonce's assistant] and friend for a while now and I've always wanted to say something but I never felt it was my place. He treats Beyonce like she's an object and not a person. The [EXPLETIVE] should be happy that a beautiful woman finally wants and loves his ugly [EXPLETIVE] for more than just what's in his pockets.

And if you think that Jay Z is above putting his hands woman - think again. MediaTakeOut.com obtained a video (seen below) which shows Jay Z violently pushing a woman's face.

ASSISTANT: I FEAR JAY Z MAY BE BEATING BEYONCE!!

January 10.

MediaTakeOut.com received an explosive email from a woman claiming to be Beyonce's assistant. The woman believes that Jay Z may be abusing Beyonce. Here is the full text of the email:

I wanted to bring this to MediaTakeOut.com because I know how you all like to put stuff out no matter what it is. So I felt that I should expose Jay for the ugly [EXPLETIVE] he is.

Seems that for a while he's had a problem with keeping his hands to himself. Now I've never seen him just flat out strike Bee, but too many times have I seem him shove and push her.

At first I thought that it was just a little horse play thing between the two - but once I saw how embarrassed Bee was to be man-handled in the front of me in St. Tropez - I realized that it was no joke.

I've been [beyonce's assistant] and friend for a while now and I've always wanted to say something but I never felt it was my place. He treats Beyonce like she's an object and not a person. The [EXPLETIVE] should be happy that a beautiful woman finally wants and loves his ugly [EXPLETIVE] for more than just what's in his pockets.

And if you think that Jay Z is above putting his hands woman - think again. MediaTakeOut.com obtained a video (seen below) which shows Jay Z violently pushing a woman's face.

From dlisted.com: (an excerpt from an article repeating what was said above)

A video was passed around the internet a couple of years ago of Jay-Z delivering beat downs to a woman. The truth was apparently that Jay was friends with the girl and they were just messing around.

Yeah, I’m not sure if Jay is the type to deliver blows to his girl. Furthermore, I’m sure Papa Knowles would immediately go into PR overdrive if he found out about this and immediately sell the story to anyone who would listen.

"All of us felt like we were really acting."

– Beyoncé, on the emotional scene she had with Hudson in Dreamgirls, to Entertainment Weekly

panachereport.com

Producer/songwriter Rudy Perez has lavished praise on Beyonce’s work ethic, insisting the hours she spent perfecting her Spanish singing accent show why she's a superstar. Perez adapted four of Knowles' songs into Spanish for a reissue of her “B'Day,” album, and he was blown away by the singer's commitment to singing with an accurate Spanish accent in the recording studio. Revealing how he taught Knowles to sing in Spanish, he says, "I have it all written out in phonetics. We read the lyrics together, and I tell her exactly what she's saying. Even if you don't explain it, she'll ask you because she's very meticulous. "She'd be laughing, and I'm like, Beyonce, trust me, do this.' She stands there literally sometimes six hours non-stop in front of the microphone trying to get this right. That's why she's a superstar."

In Related News: Beyonce has expressed sympathy Whitney Houston, saying she can't bear to talk about the downfall of the troubled superstar. The star insists Houston shouldn't be criticized for her battles with drug addiction and the breakdown of her marriage to Bobby Brown because she's had to cope with huge demands during her 20-year career in the music business. She says, "I once queued for Whitney's autograph when I was a kid. I had her photograph pinned up inside my wall and thought she was the very best around.

I don't want to talk about what's happened to her since. "I think it's very easy to get yourself into trouble. We live an unrealistic life in a crazy world.

The demands are huge and the fallout can be equally big. You can get swept along by events. It is very hard for a woman in the music business to maintain a long-term career.

There are demands you cannot even begin to imagine."

Golden Globes Fug Carpet: Beyonce

If you'd asked me two days ago what Beyonce Knowles might wear to the Golden Globes if she were feeling terribly predictable, I'd have said, "Probably something low-cut and gold -- really sparkly. With a slit. And a big ol' weave."

Looks like Fate tipped its Magic 8-Ball over and saw that it said, "Signs Point To Yes."

Posted Image

It's not that she doesn't look beautiful; she does. She's Beyonce. Being a knockout with a hot body is her trademark. But don't you feel like you've seen this before? I mean, on her, not just in the Pier 1 Imports upscale gift-wrap section? And don't you wonder why, precisely, it makes that tiny wee gap in the front just under her cleavage? And then do you think that maybe she's wearing it because it's secretly made of 1,000 mashed-up Golden Globe trophies and the blood of a unicorn, all as part of a voodoo ritual intended to bag her a victory and a surprise Oscar nomination? And for the Oscars themselves, do you wonder what the odds are that Miss B will wear a dress made of Jennifer Hudson's mashed-up Golden Globe and the blood of Jamie Foxx? Indeed, do you wonder if the scene-stealing Dreamgirl is going to find a beheaded chicken on her doorstep one day this week? Can Beyonce get an Oscar nod when she was outacted by her false eyelashes? And what was the wig and cosmetics budget for Dreamgirls, anyway?

Sigh. So many questions.

Go Fug Yourself

Beyonce's Daddy is Pissed Off

IDLITW.com

January 17, 2007

After his daughter, Beyonce, walked away from the Golden Globes without an award, Matthew Knowles expressed his disgust with a somewhat familiar sounding rant.

Knowles told reporters back stage at the Beverly Hills Hilton right after the Golden Globes show ended that his daughter was outcasted and overlooked by a bureaucratic good old boy system that is still alive in 2007 as it was in 1967. "Today is MLK's birthday and it saddens me to say that things have not changed for blacks. Working class blacks and blacks in Hollywood are still being discriminated against. We still have a long way to go," he said."

It would suck spending half your life shoving your favorite daughter down everyone's throat only to find out they don't like her as much as you do. Blaming white America for it is pretty much the only way to go in this situation. Well, it's either that or punching your daughter in the nose for not being good enough. Clearly, that's Papa Joe Simpson's modus operandi and look how well it's worked for him.

Note: Forest Whitaker, Eddie Murphy, Jennifer Hudson, Prince and the Dreamgirls movie won Golden Globes this year.

Source: Atlanta Gossip (AG)

NYPost

Forbidden Fur

NOW the fur is flying over Jay-Z's clothing line. The Humane Society says the "faux fur" on his Rocawear "Hunter" jackets is actually raccoon-dog fur, which is sometimes obtained by skinning the animal alive. Sean Combs used the same fur on one of his Sean John coats, but yanked them last month. A Rocawear rep told us, "We were not aware that our product included raccoon-dog materials. We have immediately instructed all manufacturers and licensees that no product can be produced using this fur. In addition we have removed those items from our Web site."

Golden Globes Fug Carpet: Beyonce

If you'd asked me two days ago what Beyonce Knowles might wear to the Golden Globes if she were feeling terribly predictable, I'd have said, "Probably something low-cut and gold -- really sparkly. With a slit. And a big ol' weave."

Looks like Fate tipped its Magic 8-Ball over and saw that it said, "Signs Point To Yes."

Posted Image

It's not that she doesn't look beautiful; she does. She's Beyonce. Being a knockout with a hot body is her trademark. But don't you feel like you've seen this before? I mean, on her, not just in the Pier 1 Imports upscale gift-wrap section? And don't you wonder why, precisely, it makes that tiny wee gap in the front just under her cleavage? And then do you think that maybe she's wearing it because it's secretly made of 1,000 mashed-up Golden Globe trophies and the blood of a unicorn, all as part of a voodoo ritual intended to bag her a victory and a surprise Oscar nomination? And for the Oscars themselves, do you wonder what the odds are that Miss B will wear a dress made of Jennifer Hudson's mashed-up Golden Globe and the blood of Jamie Foxx? Indeed, do you wonder if the scene-stealing Dreamgirl is going to find a beheaded chicken on her doorstep one day this week? Can Beyonce get an Oscar nod when she was outacted by her false eyelashes? And what was the wig and cosmetics budget for Dreamgirls, anyway?

Sigh. So many questions.

Go Fug Yourself

Did anyone see the pics of her in this dress, when she posed with her hands in the air and her underarm breast implant scars were very visible?

panachereport.com

Beyonce's father Matthew is furious his daughter was overlooked at the Golden Globe Awards, accusing the film industry of discriminating against blacks. The singer-turned-actress failed to pick up a single nomination for her role in "Dreamgirls," and - despite Golden Globe wins for African-Americans Forest Whitaker, Eddie Murphy, Prince, Dreamgirls co-star Jennifer Hudson and the movie itself - Matthew blames his daughter's omission on racism.

He told reporters after the ceremony on Monday, "Today is Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday and it saddens me to say that things have not changed for blacks. Working class blacks and blacks in Hollywood are still being discriminated against. We still have a long way to go."

panachereport.com

Beyonce's father Matthew is furious his daughter was overlooked at the Golden Globe Awards, accusing the film industry of discriminating against blacks. The singer-turned-actress failed to pick up a single nomination for her role in "Dreamgirls," and - despite Golden Globe wins for African-Americans Forest Whitaker, Eddie Murphy, Prince, Dreamgirls co-star Jennifer Hudson and the movie itself - Matthew blames his daughter's omission on racism.

He told reporters after the ceremony on Monday, "Today is Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday and it saddens me to say that things have not changed for blacks. Working class blacks and blacks in Hollywood are still being discriminated against. We still have a long way to go."

So that means, that Forest Whitaker, Eddie Murphy, Prince and Jennifer Hudson are all WHITE. I thought, I did see a picture of Jennifer Hudson. Maybe that was suntan. Forest Whitaker was white but he took some pills to make himself black. Now Eddie, didn't want to be equal to Mr. Queen Diva John, so he went to Michael Jackson to get the reverse cream that MJ was using.

So, I do believe what Beyonce's father is saying. Think about it, Beyonce is so black that she has purple skin. You can't see her at night. I am sadded that blacks are being discriminated against. As a black person, I will never watch the golden globes again.

By the way, you have to KNOW how to ACT, in order to win an award, right?

Beyonce overlooked because she's black?! She's painfully white with that straightened and blondish hair/weave/thing! Bitter grapes, Mr. Knowles. Bitter grapes. Her skin color has nothing to do with

why I think she's over hyped, over rated and just plain over.

how dares Meryl Streep to be actually a better actress than Beyonce. I can't wait for his outcry when she doesn't get an Oscar nomination(I go with Streep, Winslet, Dench, Cruz and Mirren for that category)

how dares Meryl Streep to be actually a better actress than Beyonce. I can't wait for his outcry when she doesn't get an Oscar nomination(I go with Streep, Winslet, Dench, Cruz and Mirren for that category)

You are so right. What an OUTCRY. Streep got the award because she can ACT and has been acting for years and years. Beyonce has been acting for years too. Look at her videos and Pink Panther. Ok, Ok, Stop laughing.

To tell you the truth, I shocked that she was condersided. She should be HAPPY for that.

BELLE DU JOUR

Despite not taking home a Golden Globe, Beyoncé continues to dazzle Thursday in Paris, where she and her fellow Dreamgirls castmates Jennifer Hudson, Jamie Foxx and Danny Glover were on hand for the French premiere of their hit film.

Posted Image

panachereport.com

Beyonce’s father has slammed reports he claimed to be managing his daughter's “Dreamgirls,” co-star Jennifer Hudson.

Media reports have suggested a rift between the two female co-stars, which may have started with Beyonce's father, Matthew Knowles. According to E! Online, Knowles tried unsuccessfully to sign the former “American Idol,” contestant as a client to his Houston, Texas-based Music World Entertainment management.

A source says, "He tried to sign her halfway through the production of Dreamgirls, because he wanted to be her manager, but Jennifer turned him down. That's when things really went south. "He walks around saying he's her manager, and everyone is like, 'No, you're not.'"

A representative for Knowles insists Mathew never claimed to be Hudson's manager, although he did try to sign the rising superstar to his music label.

In the end, Hudson eventually signed with music legend Clive Davis.

panachereport.com

Beyonce’s father has slammed reports he claimed to be managing his daughter's “Dreamgirls,” co-star Jennifer Hudson.

Media reports have suggested a rift between the two female co-stars, which may have started with Beyonce's father, Matthew Knowles. According to E! Online, Knowles tried unsuccessfully to sign the former “American Idol,” contestant as a client to his Houston, Texas-based Music World Entertainment management.

A source says, "He tried to sign her halfway through the production of Dreamgirls, because he wanted to be her manager, but Jennifer turned him down. That's when things really went south. "He walks around saying he's her manager, and everyone is like, 'No, you're not.'"

A representative for Knowles insists Mathew never claimed to be Hudson's manager, although he did try to sign the rising superstar to his music label.

In the end, Hudson eventually signed with music legend Clive Davis.

Jen has brains.

DUNKING CHIC

While girlfriend Beyoncé is abroad promoting Dreamgirls, Jay-Z makes a slam-dunk appearance as the co-owner of the New Jersey Nets at a New York press conference on Thursday. The rap mogul showed off his new...um, jersey to promote the b-ball team's move in 2009 to a Brooklyn-based arena.

Posted Image