Sign in to follow this  
princess

Nas & Kelis

Nas, Kelis MarriedEOnline.comby Julie KellerJan 10, 2005, 4:25 PM PTKelis' milkshake may bring all the boys to the yard--but it brought one in particular down the aisle.Platinum-selling rapper Nas and his "Milkshake"-making honey Kelis have tied the knot after a two-year engagement, his publicist confirmed Monday.The couple got hitched Saturday in Atlanta in front of "close family and friends," said Sony Music's Tony Ferguson.According to AllHipHop.com, Nas' brother, Jungle, handled best-man duties. His father, Olu Dara, heard in Nas' latest song "Bridging the Gap," was also on hand.Nas and Kelis first hooked up in 2002 at P. Diddy 's MTV Video Music Awards after-party. They got engaged Christmas 2002 at Kelis' mom's home and were soon making beautiful music together--that is, if you count their X-rated duet, "In Public," on Kelis' 2003 release, Tasty.Nas, aka Nasir Jones, has been waxing poetic about Kelis for quite some time now, telling AllHipHop.com last summer that "everything is just easy. Even when s--t is crazy with me and her, s--t is easy at the same time."He added that they were compatible, both personality wise and astrologically. "I'm an easygoing person and she's that way too in a lot of ways," he said. "She's a Leo so she's fiery too, but everything is just easy."The low-key wedding comes as a surprise to Nas fans familiar with the track "Getting Married" off his November release, Street's Disciple."[We] spoke on eloping, but then I dreaded the thought/'cause she deserves Cinderella's ball and the whole s--t," Nas rapped.This Cinderella's ball seemed a little last-minute--Kelis had been scheduled to perform in London over the weekend, but scuttled those plans. No word on what the couple plan to do for a honeymoon.The New York-born Nas first shot to fame with his 1994 debut, Illmatic, which he followed up with two chart-topping albums, 1996's It Was Written and 1999's I Am. He has also appeared in such films as 1998's Belly and 2001's Ticker.Kelis, a Harlem native, has two albums under her belt. Her first, 2001's Wanderland, was a flop that never saw the light of day in America, but Tasty has been a smash thanks to the catchy "Milkshake" and collaborations with the likes of the Neptunes and OutKast's Andre 3000.

PARTY PEOPLE

Rapper Nas and wife Kelis glam up to celebrate his new album, Hip Hop Is Dead, at a dinner hosted by Hennessy Paradis at New York City club Gin Lane on Monday.

Posted Image

I guess I know I'm getting old when I see a photo of these two and read they have platinum albums and I have never seen nor heard of either of them before today. Maybe I'll have to do what my daughter wants me to do... stop listening to BORING MPR and play some new stations...or maybe not.

I guess I know I'm getting old when I see a photo of these two and read they have platinum albums and I have never seen nor heard of either of them before today. Maybe I'll have to do what my daughter wants me to do... stop listening to BORING MPR and play some new stations...or maybe not.

I'm 25 and I've never heard of these two before! Didn't realize I was that far out of the loop.... ;)

From the AP today...

Kelis charged with disorderly conduct

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. - Kelis was charged early Friday with trying to disrupt an undercover police operation by screaming racial profanities and rushing toward two female officers posing as prostitutes, authorities said.

Kelis Rogers-Jones, 27, was detained at 4:30 a.m. and charged with the two misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest without violence, a Miami Beach police arrest report said.

The singer was released on $1,500 bond hours later, Miami-Dade County jail spokeswoman Janelle Hall said.

Kelis' publicist, Tracy Nguyen, wouldn't comment on the arrest, and it wasn't immediately clear if the singer had a lawyer.

The arrest report said the officers were posing as prostitutes along a main avenue in the South Beach nightclub district when Kelis started screaming racial profanities at them. She then rushed toward them and had to be restrained by her friends, the report said.

Kelis calmed down for a few seconds, but then started shouting at the officers and charged them again, the report said. She resisted arrest while being handcuffed.

The singer's chart-topping single "Milkshake" was from her 2003 album, "Tasty." She married rapper Nas in 2005.

From the AP today...

Kelis charged with disorderly conduct

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. - Kelis was charged early Friday with trying to disrupt an undercover police operation by screaming racial profanities and rushing toward two female officers posing as prostitutes, authorities said.

Kelis Rogers-Jones, 27, was detained at 4:30 a.m. and charged with the two misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest without violence, a Miami Beach police arrest report said.

The singer was released on $1,500 bond hours later, Miami-Dade County jail spokeswoman Janelle Hall said.

Kelis' publicist, Tracy Nguyen, wouldn't comment on the arrest, and it wasn't immediately clear if the singer had a lawyer.

The arrest report said the officers were posing as prostitutes along a main avenue in the South Beach nightclub district when Kelis started screaming racial profanities at them. She then rushed toward them and had to be restrained by her friends, the report said.

Kelis calmed down for a few seconds, but then started shouting at the officers and charged them again, the report said. She resisted arrest while being handcuffed.

The singer's chart-topping single "Milkshake" was from her 2003 album, "Tasty." She married rapper Nas in 2005.

She was probably just pissed because they had on the same clothes that she did, and a little better hair.

R&B SINGER KELIS ARRESTED IN PROSTITUTION STING!!

March 03, 2007. Officials reported yesterday that R&B singer Kelis was arrested in a prostitution sting in Miami. Here's how the incident is being reported by the Associated Press:

Kelis Rogers-Jones, 27, was detained at 4:30 a.m. and charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest without violence, a Miami Beach police arrest report said.

She was released on $1,500 bond hours later, Miami-Dade County jail spokeswoman Janelle Hall said.

According to the police report, the officers were working along a main avenue in the South Beach nightclub district when Kelis started screaming racial profanities at them, the report said. She then rushed toward them and had to be restrained by her friends, it noted.

Kelis' actions "caused people walking by to stop and form a crowd. The sidewalk was blocked by the disturbance causing people to walk in the street and cause traffic to stop," the report said. She calmed down but soon started shouting at the officers and charging them again, it added.

But MediaTakeOut.com spoke to a person that witnessed the entire incident. And that person claims there's a lot more to this story.

In an exclusive interview, the witness told us that Kelis and her husband, the rapper Nas, were on their way home from NBA player Chris Webber's birthday party that night.

That's when, according to the witness, Kelis and Nas may have tried to proposition women that looked to be prostitutes. The witness explains, "Kelis asked one woman how much would it cost to go back to [her and Nas'] hotel room." It's not clear whether this solicitation was only a joke.

And when the ladies, who were busy talking to other clients, didn't respond quickly enough to Kelis' request - she reportedly went ballistic. The witness tells, "Kelis started going crazy. She was calling the women 'broke [EXPLETIVES]' and yelling stuff like 'you [Racist hispanic term] think that you’re better than us' and '[EXPLETIVE] you, we have more money than anyone on this strip.'"

But the women Kelis propositioned turned out to be undercover police officers. Tells our witness, "it was hilarious, everyone was telling Kelis that the women were police officers and that she should leave. But she was so worked up that she kept yelling at the women ... you should have seen the look on Nas' face." It's not clear whether Kelis used any drugs that night.

This isn't the first time that the public got a glimpse into Kelis and Nas' non-traditional sex life. Last year, Nas' baby mother Carmen told the world that Nas’ asked her to engage in a threesome with him and Kelis.

(Pagesix.com)

Kelis Short-changes Festival

ORGANIZERS of last weekend's White Party in Palm Springs are so furious at Kelis for showing up late and then performing only two songs, they're calling the IRS. One production source said, "Kelis demanded her $25,000 payment up front, in cash. But then she didn't perform. Someone needs to alert the IRS - because we know she won't." Kelis attributed her actions to "unsuitable conditions" and added salt to the wound by having her rep, Tracy Nguyen, issue a statement the next day that read, "There were many missteps behind the scenes which created a less than suitable environment for any artist to perform. Because of her love for her fans, Kelis made the decision to take the stage, against any advice not to do so." But festival rep Phil Lobel told The Post's Marianne Garvey, "Kelis acted like a diva, showing up two hours late and forcing her rehearsal stand-in to lip-sync over her track, 'Bossy.' Bottom line is the audience wanted to know where Kelis was and why this model was singing her song. She didn't even care."

panachereport.com

"They had to expect the least a n**ga like Nas could do was make an album called N*****." Rapper Nas insists people shouldn't be shocked by the controversial title of his forthcoming LP. Regardless, this album will not go platinum like his last album, "Hip-Hop Is Dead," due to illegal downloading and bootlegging. The culture of hip-hop is nearly dead. Record labels are not signing up and coming hip-hop artists.

Someone Has To Promote It

Posted Image

Nas and his lady, Kelis, were at the Grammys last night wearing the title of his next album. Obviously these two were trying to get some attention, but I think they were thinking too small. It is the Grammys, so a lot of these celebs are too busy checking out themselves or checking out Aretha's 40lb flour sacks. Some people might have missed Nas and Kelis' cry for attention. They should have went bigger. I'm thinking blinking neon signs, a megaphone blasting the name of the album and maybe some cheerleaders who could lift up their skirts every 5-minutes and spell out his album name on their asses.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

http://www.dlisted.com/

Nas & Kelis Suing Miami?

Rapper Nas and his R&B singer wife Kelis are reportedly threatening to launch a $100 million (£50 million) lawsuit against the city of Miami, Florida - accusing officials of racial profiling.

Milkshake hitmaker Kelis - real name Kelis Rogers-Jones - was arrested in the city in March last year for allegedly screaming racial obscenities at two undercover police officers.

She was charged with two misdemeanour counts of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest, and was later released on a $1,000 (£500) bail bond.

Kelis' husband Nas - real name Nasir Jones - was reportedly talking to the undercover cops at the time of his wife's arrest.

And now the couple are said to be planning to sue city officials over claims they were unfairly targeted by police, according to MediaTakeOut.

A source tells the website, "Kelis has been silent about everything thus far. She's waiting for the right time and then she'll explain exactly what happened.

Source :entertainmentwise.com

Nas & Kelis Suing Miami?

Rapper Nas and his R&B singer wife Kelis are reportedly threatening to launch a $100 million (£50 million) lawsuit against the city of Miami, Florida - accusing officials of racial profiling.

Milkshake hitmaker Kelis - real name Kelis Rogers-Jones - was arrested in the city in March last year for allegedly screaming racial obscenities at two undercover police officers.

She was charged with two misdemeanour counts of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest, and was later released on a $1,000 (£500) bail bond.

Kelis' husband Nas - real name Nasir Jones - was reportedly talking to the undercover cops at the time of his wife's arrest.

And now the couple are said to be planning to sue city officials over claims they were unfairly targeted by police, according to MediaTakeOut.

A source tells the website, "Kelis has been silent about everything thus far. She's waiting for the right time and then she'll explain exactly what happened.

Source :entertainmentwise.com

Well, when you're trying to solicit a prostitute in public, you might draw the attention of the police. Is that racial profiling?

Rapper Nas 'Hit By $1.25m Tax Bill'

Nas has been issued with a demand for $2.5m (£1.5m) in unpaid taxes, according to reports.

The IRS office has requested that the rapper pay the figure for outstanding taxes owed between 2006 and 2007, says TMZ.

Nas was also recently ordered to pay spousal support for estranged wife Kelis and their son Knight of around $30,471 (£18,458) per month.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Nas Blocks Spousal Support, Kelis Not Amused!

KELIS has been left furious after her estranged husband Nas filed a legal bid to prevent her from receiving spousal support payments.

In the papers, filed by his lawyer Mark Vincent Kaplan, Nas is also asking for joint custody of their two-month-old boy, Knight.

The pair were married for almost five years until Kelis filed for divorce in April, citing irreconcilable differences.

Kelis is asking for $72,728 a month.

In June, it was claimed the Milkshake hitmaker was asking for funds for stem cell storage for their baby, to “to bank the baby’s blood when he is born. The banking is the collection and storage of the stem cells found in the baby’s umbilical cord”.

She was also seeking $20,000 towards the cost of “purchasing strollers, cribs and other baby supplies” for their two homes, an apartment in Manhattan and a house in Los Angeles and money to pay for a baby nurse, nanny and other staff.

In court papers, she put the unborn baby’s expenses at $80,000 a month and insisted she was reliant on money from Nas, whose last record deal was worth a reputed $11 million.

Nas — whose real name is Nasir bin Olu Dara Jones — has since disputed the claims, insisting he “did not receive even half that amount”.

Source showbizspy.com

Nas/Kelis Tried Reconciling

Kelis and Nas were ready to call off the divorce and give it a second chance ... but it didn't work.

Kelis is on the stand right now in her ongoing divorce case with Nas. She testified she attempted to reconcile with her estranged hubby in September, but it didn't work.

She's also talking about the difficulty she has earning money -- because with a new kid and not a lot of job options outside the music business, it's tough out there.

One of the big issues in the case -- how much money Nas makes. Kelis testified she knows Nas is set to release two albums next year. The judge asked Kelis what she heard about the albums on TMZ and other newsworthy entities. She said, simply, "Loved it."

So do we.

Source TMZ

Kelis Signs Record Deal With will.i.am

Kelis has signed to will.i.am's record label, it has been announced.

The R&B star will release her first album of new material since 2006 on the will.i.am Music Group, a sub-division of Interscope Records.

"I love that I am now a new part of the Interscope family. 2010 is around the corner and I can't wait to put out new music and spend time with real music fans on tour again," the singer said in a press statement.

Will.i.am added: "Kelis represents the kind of edge that pushes all of us not just musically but stylistically as well. She has always opened new doors for her audience and we're ready to walk through this next one with her."

Kelis's upcoming album - whose title and release date have yet to be announced - will feature collaborations with producers including David Guetta, Free School, Boys Noize, Burnz and DJ Ammo.

The singer recently posted 'Acapella', a new track recorded with Guetta, on her official website.

Kelis has released four previous studio albums since making her debut in 1999, notching up eight UK top ten hits with tracks including 'Milkshake', 'Caught Out There' and 'Trick Me'.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Nas Breaks Kelis Silence In New Song

Nas has broken his silence on his financial settlement with his estranged wife Kelis.

The rapper, who reportedly pays the R&B singer $51,000 (£31,000) per month in child support, has opened up in a new, unreleased verse from his 'Strong Will Continue' collaboration song, according to SOHH.

Nas raps: "How in the hell am I supposed to stay comfy/ When I pay child support, alimony monthly."

As for speculation regarding his infidelity to Kelis, he added: "So I've stuck with some married women so fine, cheating while their husband rushing on the 40-yard line/ Wonder if this is what my ex did the whole time."

The couple is currently in the process of divorcing after four years of marriage.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Kelis Ordered To Pay For Weave

Kelis has been ordered to pay over £3,000 for a hair weave after allegedly failing to pay the salon bill.

The singer reportedly received the hairstyle at a salon in Santa Monica, California last May, but faced a court order over the alleged outstanding debt.

According to TMZ, Kelis failed to show up for yesterday's trial so the judge was forced to impose a default judgement.

The 'Acapella' singer was ordered to pay the full amount of £3,125.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Kelis' Godly Childbirth

Kelis believes faith helped her give birth.

The 'Acapella' singer, who has nine-month-old son Knight from her former marriage to rapper Nas, admits her faith in God is stronger because of her natural childbirth.

She said: "It was really savage. I was in labour for 67 hours.

"I went natural, and it was savage! If you ever doubted the glory of God, you have to rethink that after having a baby.

"I mean there's no way I could have done this by myself. There is a creator."

She also admits that hitting the age of 30 in August 2009 gave her a whole new outlook on life.

She said: "My mom always used to tell us, 'Your twenties? Whatever. In your thirties you'll be your most beautiful, your sexiest, your smartest.' I've been through so many life changes getting here, it's like, she was right'."

Discussing her upcoming album 'Flesh Tone', she claims pregnancy helped her record her best work yet.

She told Style magazine: "Being pregnant and recording was awesome. I just felt I had so much to say."

Source contactmusic