princess

Teri Hatcher

Teri Hatcher Doesn't Want to Grow Old

Aging in Hollywood is a sensitive issue for actresses, but for Teri Hatcher, it’s aging in a storyline that’s giving her wrinkles!

In the two-hour Desperate Housewives season finale next month, the show will flash-forward five years into the future, which means all five lovely ladies must age to accommodate the time-shift. However, the idea of growing old in front of the camera – even with makeup – doesn’t sit well with 43-year-old Teri.

“She is having tricky conversations with writers and directors about how she should look five years from now,” a source close to the dramedy tells OK!. “It seems as though they have hit a touchy subject for the ever youthful Miss Hatcher.”

Come on, Teri, it's just acting!

Source: ok-magazine.com

Teri Hatcher's Key to Happiness: Sex & Chocolate

:blink: Teri Hatcher has motherly advice for her daughter – and the Desperate Housewives star is only too eager to share it. :rolleyes:

"Have great sex [and] eat the chocolate," the single mom advises 10-year-old Emerson – and the general reading public – in Hatcher's October column for Britain's Glamour magazine.

Other pointers: "Don’t sit on public toilet seats and make sure to floss. … Life's too short to stress; you'll be able to get past anything difficult; the sun will rise tomorrow; you are beautiful; you are lovable."

Describing herself as "43-year-old somewhat successful but still flawed and fragile woman," Hatcher also confesses to a little self-help handiwork – she's made herself a "goal board" to which she adds every night.

"It's basically a collage of images of things you want to achieve in your life – all written, glued or drawn onto a big piece of paper," she says.

Among the sample entries are "Don't eat after 7 p.m." and 'Dance like a teenager."

Says a newly goal-oriented Hatcher: "Against all my well-honed cynical beliefs, it's actually working!"

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20223798,00.html

Hatcher Considering 2010 Triathlon

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES star TERI HATCHER is contemplating making a triathlon part of her annual fitness regime after completing her first sporting challenge last year (09).

The actress followed in the footsteps of celebrities like Jennifer Lopez and Matthew MCConaughey and signed up to swim, bike and run in California's MalibuTriathlon in September (09).

She crossed the finish line in just over two hours and six minutes - and admits she was ecstatic just to have made it to the end of the gruelling course.

Hatcher hints she is ready to do it all again for 2010 - but this time, she wants to finish in the top few.

She says, "Maybe next year. Maybe next year I'll be more competitive."

Source contactmusic

Teri Hatcher Cycles To Work

Teri Hatcher pedals 50 miles (80.4 kilometres) to the set of Desperate Housewives and back home every week.

The star got on her bike after taking part in the Malibu Triathlon in California last year (09) and finding she liked life in the saddle.

And now she cycles the five miles to work and back daily.

She says, "Some weekends, my girlfriends and I will do a more beautiful ride, like a 40-mile ride on Mulholland Drive."

Hatcher reveals the bike was a birthday gift: "One night I came home from work late, and there it was, with a big bow and a card signed by all my girlfriends.

"I started crying. It was very sweet."

Source femalefirst

if my friends bought me a bike, I'd cry too, lol.

The secret of gift-giving is to know what is acceptable and what isn't - in your specific case. Which is how my husband could give me a power sander for our 1st Christmas together and not end up living in the garage as his mother said would happen :4biggrin:

The secret of gift-giving is to know what is acceptable and what isn't - in your specific case. Which is how my husband could give me a power sander for our 1st Christmas together and not end up living in the garage as his mother said would happen :4biggrin:

Whoa. That beats the Dirt Devil car vac my friend got from her future husband on their first Valentine's day. He'll never live it down.

power tools are always acceptable, lol!

I was refinishing a lot of furniture at the time - I loved my gift!

We teased one of my brothers for giving his girlfriend (now wife) slippers for Christmas one year while they were dating. He didn't tell us for months he'd also bought her a plane ticket to visit him while he was working in Alaska.....Still waters run deep, that one.... :4biggrin:

Teri Hatcher Looking For Love

Teri Hatcher wants her friends to set her up with a man. The 'Desperate Housewives' star is currently single and admits it's hard work trying to find love and is relying on a matchmaker.

She is quoted by website Absolute Now as saying: "It's tough to find the right one. I think you have to be set up.

"You have to know someone who knows someone. Maybe like a blind date but even that hasn't gone so well for me. I would love to eventually be in a lifetime relationship. It will happen."

While she is on the look-out for a man, Teri is busy launching a website for women.

The 45-year-old beauty has teamed up with Disney to work on a new online forum to create a place solely for females to allow them to chat and have "intimate conversations" with her about the problems they face in their lives.

Talking about GetHatched.com, she explained: "I just want to create a go-to respite for women where they can find a shoulder to lean on.

"I hope what you get from it is a sense of honesty, candidness and the understanding that wacky things happen to all of us. I love to get at problems through humour.

"I want to carry on an intimate conversation with people. There will be no audience, no publicists. This is not about promoting your next movie. It's about having natural conversations."

Source femalefirst

Oh dear... Do we have another GOOP on our hands?

"Teri Hatcher has launched Get Hatched, a lifestyle website for women that claims to be “a chick’s guide to life'.

The Desperate Housewives star writes on the site: 'Get Hatched is about finding your way to the ME part without getting lost along the way. My desire is to be able to reach women, lots of women, and supply just the right boost they might need on any given day.'

Hatcher invites viewers into a day in her life, sharing candid snaps of her daughter’s lunchbox, her drive to work and even what her shower looks like.

The actress writes on the topic of baring her body for her hit TV show: “It's about embracing that as a woman, I'm not just defined by my form, if my breasts sag or if there is any cellulite on the back on my legs, if my knees and elbows have droopy skin or how many wrinkles I can find on my face.”

One video posted on the site shows Hatcher and two friends debating whether they would prefer to spend eight hours sleeping or having sex, while in another video the actress discussed food choices with Mariel Hemingway."

FOOD CHOICES? Like what foods she'll chose not to eat today?

Oh dear... Do we have another GOOP on our hands?

"Teri Hatcher has launched Get Hatched, a lifestyle website for women that claims to be “a chick’s guide to life'.

Lord help us :blink: