Sign in to follow this  
Guest cherry

Jude Law

WAHEY JUDE!

02/04/2007

LET'S hope Jude Law's bathroom cabinet is well stocked with Alka-Seltzer.

We hear the hunk went on a mammoth bender after watching pal Damon Albarn's band The Good, The Bad and The Queen on Saturday night - and didn't finish boozing until 6am the next morning.

Our insider at the Hammersmith Palais gig says: "It was one of the last-ever concerts at the Palais before it's demolished, so it was quite an emotional evening.

Advertisement

"After the band finished they invited some people backstage for an impromptu party. It all got pretty messy, and Jude was one of the last men standing." Atta boy!

Posted Image

JUDE LAYS DOWN THE LAW FOR RAFFERTY

Filed Under: Jude Law

Jude Law was shopping at The Grove recently with his son Rafferty,10, and they were browsing the electronics and video games. Rafferty pounced on several items he wanted but Jude told him "No - pick just one thing." Rafferty said he wanted three and Jude said evenly "One more chance." Still, Rafferty insisted on three. So Jude patiently explained to Rafferty that HE is the father and Rafferty should listen to him and do as he says. They left the store with nothing. Jude has told friends that it's difficult - but he's determined that his kids won't grow up spoiled like so many Hollywood children. Judging by his photo, Rafferty is going to grow up DANGEROUSLY good looking.

Posted by Janet Charlton on May 11, 2007 3:41 PM

Cannes Film Festival Opens, Turns 60

The 60th annual Cannes Film Festival opens Wednesday as a celebration of celluloid and celebrity, with a lineup including George Clooney, Angelina Jolie, Michael Moore and Quentin Tarantino.

Wong Kar-wai a long-standing Cannes favorite opens the festival Wednesday with "My Blueberry Nights," his first English-language film and the acting debut of singer Norah Jones, who stars as a heartbroken waitress alongside Jude Law, Natalie Portman and Rachel Weisz.

The Hong Kong director is joined by several other returning Cannes veterans four of the 22 directors competing for the coveted Palme d'Or have won the top prize before: Tarantino's gory "Death Proof" is in the running, as are the Coen brothers' Rio Grande thriller "No Country for Old Men," Gus Van Sant's "Paranoid Park" and "Promise Me This" from Sarajevo-born Emir Kusturica.

Moore will not be taking home a second Palme d'Or to match the one he won for "Fahrenheit 9/11" in 2004. "Sicko," his documentary taking the pulse of the U.S. health care system, is getting its world premiere in an out-of-competition slot. But it has already generated more attention than any film in the festival, thanks to a U.S. Treasury Department investigation into a trip Moore took to Cuba accompanied by a group of ailing Sept. 11 rescue workers during the making of the film.

The investigation spurred producers to spirit the negative of the film outside of the United States in case the government tried to seize it, said Harvey Weinstein, whose Weinstein Co. is releasing "Sicko."

"It was like a middle-of-the-night operation from a spy novel, moving your negative to another country," he said.

Between Wednesday and May 27, the red carpet on Cannes' beachfront Croisette will glitter with celebrities. Clooney is due to promote caper threequel "Ocean's Thirteen," Leonardo DiCaprio brings environmental documentary "The 11th Hour," and celebrity super couple Brad Pitt and Jolie are expected to be on hand he for "Ocean's Thirteen," she for "A Mighty Heart," in which she plays the widow of slain journalist Daniel Pearl.

Among the most-anticipated films: "Persepolis," an animated adaptation of Marjane Satrapi's graphic novel about growing up after Iran's Islamic revolution; "The Edge of Heaven" by Turkish-German director Fatih Akin; "The Man From London" by Hungary's Bela Tarr; and Mexican director Carlos Reygadas' Mennonite melodrama "Stellet Licht" (Silent Light).

"Cannes has always tried to blend high art and blockbuster films," said Mike Goodridge, U.S. editor of trade magazine Screen International. That winning formula and a glamorous Riviera location have made it, he said, "the ultimate film festival."

This year's competition includes films from Russia, Romania, France, South Korea and Japan.

Cannes has always been special. Founded in 1939 as an alternative to the fascist-dominated Venice Film Festival in Mussolini's Italy and almost immediately canceled because of the outbreak of World War II Cannes came to symbolize international glamor in the years after the war. Grace Kelly graced the corridors of the elegant Carlton hotel, and Brigitte Bardot caused a sensation on the red carpet.

Cannes manages to blend glitz and artistic credibility in a way no other film festival does. Past winners of the top prize include some of the most acclaimed films of all time "Rome, Open City," "Taxi Driver," "Apocalypse Now" as well as a few that are best forgotten.

The 12-day film feast includes some lighter fare, from DreamWorks' animated "Bee Movie" to self-explanatory rockumentary "U2 3D." Then there are the hundreds of out-of-competition shorts, shoestring features and student films, including the memorably named "The Golden Nazi Vampire of Absam: Part II The Secret of Kottlitz Castle."

The hardiest film fans had already staked out prime star-spotting turf on Tuesday.

Beatrice Eon, 42, traveled from Saint-Lo in northwestern France for a second year to secure her place across from the red carpet. She didn't know what stars she would see and didn't much care. She was there to absorb the magic of Cannes.

"Les stars!" she said. "The glamour!"

'My Blueberry Nights' to Open Cannes Film Festival

Filed under: Cannes , Jude Law , Norah Jones , Photo Shoot

Posted Image

The cast of 'My Blueberry Nights' opens the Cannes film festival, and two of it's stars, Jude Law and Norah Jones (along with director Wong Kar Wai), were on hand for the photocall. "My Blueberry Nights", is the first English-language flick from veteran Hong Kong filmmaker Wong Kar Wai, which turns out to be among the twenty-two titles going for the Competition program.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

More photos from the Cannes 'My Blueberry Nights' photocall after the jump.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted by: Jessica Marx

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/16/my_blu...lm_festival.php

(IMDB.COM)

Opening Cannes of 'Blueberry'

The 60th annual Cannes Film Festival opens tonight with the screening of director Wong Kar-wai's English-language My Blueberry Nights, starring Jude Law, Norah Jones, Natalie Portman, and Rachel Weisz. A bevy of top Hollywood stars are expected to walk the festival's famed red carpet during the upcoming week and a half, including George Clooney, Leonardo DiCaprio, Daniel Craig, Matt Damon, Brad Pitt, and Angelina Jolie. The festival is also scheduled to screen edgy artistic efforts from some of the world's most acclaimed filmmakers. Many critics who have made the trek to Cannes annually have commented that this year's lineup is one of the strongest ever. "Cannes manages to blend glitz and artistic credibility in a way no other film festival does," the Associated Press commented today.

Side Dish

Jessica Simpson made her first Cannes appearance Wednesday, partying with studio mogul Harvey Weinstein after the screening of "My Blueberry Nights." Jude Law, who stars in the film, seemed to find the "Dukes of Hazzard" star out of place at the venerable film fest. "What's she doing here?" Law whispered to agent Patrick Whitesell, a spy tells us. The unstoppable blond will announce her next film, "Major Movie Star," there today.

JUDE LURE

EXCLUSIVE: STAR PULLS TWO BEAUTIES.. AS DOES BLUNT AT THE CANNES FILM FESTIVAL

19/05/2007

Jude Law has done Hugh Hefner proud. The Breaking And Entering hunk stumbled into a hotel lift at 5.30am yesterday with two scantily-clad blondes he'd picked up at a Playboy party.

The Hollywood heart-throb was spotted being propped up by his latest admirers after wooing them during a 10-hour bender in Cannes.

And the 33-year-old, whose turbulent three-year relationship with actress Sienna Miller ended last November, had an A-list pulling partner... singing swordsman James Blunt.

Not to be outdone, the Beautiful crooner also pulled two bra-clad Pink Paradise pin-ups on the night.

Our spy at the Playboy Legacy Collection bash, held in the VIP Room club in honour of serial Playmate Pamela Anderson, tells us: "It was really wild.

"Jude and James actually had their arms around two blondes each for most of the party. By the end of the night they were both getting very close to the girls.

"Jude's hands were wandering and he just couldn't stop smiling. Both he and James looked like they were in heaven."

It's little wonder that Jude and James were in such high spirits - their bar tab came to £2,000.

They splashed out on a Methuselah of Veuve Clicquot champagne and bottles of Grey Goose vodka.

"Jude and James were trying to have a chat," we're told.

"But they'd had so much to drink they couldn't understand each other...

"So instead they went back to canoodling with the girls.

"Jude was up and dancing a lot, and cigarettes were dangling from his lips.

"He shared his fags with James and the women, and he was waving his hands in the air like a teenage raver."

They didn't leave until 5am and later Jude was spotted getting into the lift at the Hotel Martinez, where he has a £685 per night suite, with two of the blondes.

James, meanwhile, also left the party with two babes.

He obviously didn't want to say Goodbye My Lover to either of them...

3amgirls

Side Dish

Jessica Simpson made her first Cannes appearance Wednesday, partying with studio mogul Harvey Weinstein after the screening of "My Blueberry Nights." Jude Law, who stars in the film, seemed to find the "Dukes of Hazzard" star out of place at the venerable film fest. "What's she doing here?" Law whispered to agent Patrick Whitesell, a spy tells us. The unstoppable blond will announce her next film, "Major Movie Star," there today.

Come on everyone, no matter what a scumbag he is to his women, you've gotta love that! I know it was my first reaction when I read she was there.

Rush & Molloy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kid Rock scrams from Cannes because of Pam

Kid Rock had to flee a restaurant in Cannes Thursday night when his ex, Pamela Anderson, walked in.

The rocker had been celebrating the French film festival at Baoli with his newer model, May Anderson, along with singer James Blunt and sizzling Swedish centerfold Victoria Silvstedt. The bash was thrown by Unik, owner of New York's Gin Lane.

"All of a sudden," says our spywitness, "Kid is like, 'Let's go, let's go!' He grabs May and pulls her out, and they leave right away. Kid Rock freaks out, and I've never seen him like that in my life. He left James Blunt there!"

Rock left Blunt clueless in the loo, but they hooked up later at the V.I.P. Room, where strippers abounded and Jude Law was sitting on the floor, philosophizing.

Blunt, possibly still pining over deep dish Petra Nemcova, seemed happy with the escape. "The strippers were giving him cigarettes out of their mouths, giving him lap dances. He was totally into it. He was there all night."

Back at Unik's party, model Marcus Schenkenberg, another Pamela Anderson ex, ratted Rock out. "He told her Kid Rock was in the building, and she got upset. Marcus said, 'Yeah, and I think he's going to leave because you're here.' Then she got on her BlackBerry and started texting somebody — she was so mad that he would leave to avoid her."

Big bad Rock! It's not like Pam had a rolling pin or anything.

Meanwhile, Leonardo DiCaprio had paparazzi tripping over themselves when he joined actress Daya Fernandez at a yacht party. Contrary to British reports, we're assured it wasn't his yacht and Fernandez is just a friend. DiCaprio, who is due to begin shooting "Revolutionary Road" today in N.Y.C. with his "Titantic" co-star Kate Winslet, came to Cannes to screen "The 11th Hour." Vanity Fair editor Graydon Carter celebrated the compelling eco-documentary with a party on Saturday at the Hotel du Cap.

Mischa Barton, Valentino, Faye Dunaway, Kyle MacLachlan, Kid Rock, Kerry Washington, Barry Diller and Diane von Furstenberg were among those strolling through the hotel's grounds, made trippy with smoke and colored searchlights. Besides the sight of Carter and actress Kelly Lynch leading a conga line, the big head-turners were Bono and his U2 mates, who came over after giving a mini-concert to launch their film "U2 3D." We hear the Irish minstrels are headed next to Morocco to gather sounds for their next album.

Jude Law is Footloose and Fancy Free Once Again

Filed under: Jude Law

Posted Image

Jude Law has apparently ended his romance with society millionairess Kim Hersov. So once again Jude is on the prowl.

The actor then set tongues wagging when he made a beeline for Dukes Of Hazzard actress Jessica Simpson at the party for soccer film In The Hands Of Gods.

He also partied into the early hours following the screening of his new movie - and stopped by at a Playboy bash where he clearly enjoyed the scantily-clad crowd.

A close friend of the star revealed: "Jude said the relationship with Kim wasn't that serious. There was a flirtation but as far as he was concerned it was just a bit of fun. "He's tired of the love rat label and just wants to knuckle down and get on with some serious acting which is his real passion'.

A spokesman for Jude confirmed that the actor is now "happily single and very focused on his work".

Jude focused on his career and not getting laid? I'll believe it when I see it.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

More photos of Jude Law taking in some racing at the Monaco Grand Prix after the jump.

Posted by: Jessica Marx

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/30/jude_l..._once_again.php

Side Dish

Come on everyone, no matter what a scumbag he is to his women, you've gotta love that! I know it was my first reaction when I read she was there.

He was making a play for Jessica?? :rolleyes:

Side Dish

I don't think so. Just wondering (like many of us) WTF she was doing there. Usually more A or B list, not D. (or DD in her case)

Side Dish

I don't think so. Just wondering (like many of us) WTF she was doing there. Usually more A or B list, not D. (or DD in her case)

Jude hit that already...posted in this thread somewhere.

Cameron Diaz and Jude Law Say They're Just Friends

Filed under: Cameron Diaz , Jude Law

Posted Image

Friends with benefits! Actually, that's not what they said at all. But still, I've planted the seed in your minds! Now, let the gossip grow! According to Jude Law, any stories that he and his "The Holiday" co-star are romantically involved are a load of poppycock. Well, he didn't use the phrase "poppycock," but since he's British, I'd like to think that he might as well have. According to his rep:

He hasn't seen her for months. They're friends but that's it."

Yeah, after all that Criss Angel estranged wife nonsense, Cammie really needs to avoid dudes with excessive baggage. Oh, what do I care? We could stand to use a train wreck around here. Things have been much too quiet lately. Somebody needs to sleep with the nanny/have a good public screaming match and liven things up.

Posted by: Lisa Timmons

http://socialitelife.com/2007/08/06/camero...ust_friends.php

Jude Law Arrested for Alleged Attack

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

09:37 PDT LONDON, United Kingdom (AP) --

Police arrested Jude Law after he allegedly attacked a photographer outside his London home. The actor, however, denied the allegations on Wednesday.

The photographer accused him of trying to grab his camera during a scuffle late Tuesday, Britain's Press Association reported.

The 34-year-old actor, whose films include "The Talented Mr. Ripley,""Alfie,""Cold Mountain," and "Closer," voluntarily went to a West London police station after the incident, his lawyer, Graham Shear, said.

"Mr. Law provided the police with a statement regarding his denials of allegations by a paparazzi photographer against him and made his own allegations concerning the photographer," Shear said.

He said he would not comment further while police were investigating.

The incident occurred after Law presented a lifetime achievement award to Michael Caine at a Tuesday night ceremony organized by GQ magazine.

Law recently returned from the Venice Film Festival, where he was promoting the remake of the movie "Sleuth," in which he co-stars with Caine.

Does anyone else feel that the paparazzi are like the people who slam on brakes, hoping to get hit so they can sue for damamges?

Does anyone else feel that the paparazzi are like the people who slam on brakes, hoping to get hit so they can sue for damamges?

oh definitely. There was an incident involving Bruce Willis and it was so obvious the guy was faking being hurt so he could sue later. It was caught on video and Bruce barely touched the guy.

And that pap who was "run over" by La Lohan (who should never get behind the wheel of a car again, but that's beside the point). Lohan's car just nudges him and he falls to the ground screaming in a performance that would have had Lawrence Olivier calling for the mustard and two slices of bread.

There's pictures of the papparazzo on one of the news sites and he's build like a brick outhouse. There's no way skinny little Jude could have 'punched him to the ground' if the guy hadn't been deliberately taking a dive.

Law Cleared of Assault

Actor Jude Law has been cleared of claims he assaulted a photographer.

The actor was arrested last month after allegedly attacking a photographer outside his London home. He was questioned by police and released on bail.

The Crown Prosecution Service has decided not to pursue charges against him.

Law tells People.com, "The police have told me that they and the CPS have examined the photographer's allegation extremely carefully and made the decision that there is no further action to be taken.

"Of course I am delighted to be vindicated."

A police statement confirms, "No further action will be taken and he will not be required to return on bail."

The star always disputed the allegations against him. His lawyer said in a statement last month, "Mr. Law provided the police with a statement regarding his denials of allegations by a 'paparazzi' photographer against him and made his own allegations concerning the photographer."

Jude Law doesn't regret cheating on Sienna Miller.

The 'Cold Mountain' actor - who had an affair with his children's nanny, Daisy Wright, in 2005 while he was engaged to the 'Factory Girl' star - says he needed to accept what he had done in order to move on with his life. He said: "There's no regret, you can't regret. I mean, I've felt regret but I've also refused to allow regret to sow a seed and live in me because I don't believe it. You feel it, it's like guilt, it's like jealousy, it's like all those horrible things and. you've just got to snip them and get them out, because they're no good. Because if you regret, in a way, have you learnt and moved on?"

Jude - who has three children, Rafferty, 11, Iris, seven, and five-year-old Rudy, with his ex-wife Sadie Frost - is glad the affair was made public because it helped him to learn from his mistakes.

The 'Sleuth' star, who is currently single, is adamant he will not make the same errors in the future.

He said: "It all came out and I didn't try to defend myself, I took it on the chin. I was an idiot. I made mistakes - who hasn't? I also like to think that because of the scale on which I had to then admit to them, I learnt my lesson and I'm not going to f***ing do it again. I don't ever want to experience that pain, that upset, that confusion, that humiliation ever again."

azcentral

Jude Law Needs To Lay Off The Drugs

Posted Image

Jude Law spent his 35th Birthday in Cuba and was spooked when he saw the ghost of Frank Sinatra raiding his mini bar. A source at Cuba's Nacional de Cuba said, "Jude had no idea that Frank used to stay in the same room. You could see he was really spooked by his sighting. He'd sampled lots of the hotels rum cocktails to celebrate his birthday so he thought it was just a drunken vision. But when we told him of the situation, he came clean about seeing the ghost. He swore he saw Frank crouched at the mini-bar, rummaging through the bottles and snacks."

Jude asked to be moved to a different room. Cuban weed must be laced with LSD or some shit, because Jude is crazy. I once thought I had group sex with some hot marines. It was the best sex ever, but unfortunately it was just a weed mirage. A weedrage.

http://www.dlisted.com/

Jude Law haunted by ghost of Frank Sinatra

Jude Law has been haunted by the ghost of Frank Sinatra in Cuba.

The 'Sleuth' star was left "shocked" after he reportedly saw a vision of the late Rat Pack singer raiding his hotel mini-bar after celebrating his 35th birthday at Havana's Hotel Nacional de Cuba on Saturday.

A source at the hotel said, "Jude had no idea that Frank used to stay in the same room. You could see he was really spooked by his sighting. He'd sampled lots of the hotels rum cocktails to celebrate his birthday so he thought it was just a drunken vision. But when we told him of the situation, he came clean about seeing the ghost.

"He swore he saw Frank crouched at the mini-bar, rummaging through the bottles and snacks."

The source added to Britain's Daily Star newspaper, "Poor old Jude was relieved when we finally put him in a different room, although we didn't dare tell him that Winston Churchill used to stay in it, just in case.

"We didn't want Jude to worry about the former British Prime Minister stealing his cigars!"

Jude spent Christmas at the Hotel Nacional de Cuba with his ex-wife Sadie Frost and their children Rafferty, 11, Iris, seven, Rudy, five and Frost's 17-year-old son Finlay.

They have now added their holiday pictures to the hotel's Bar Of Fame, and have drawn an arrow from their pictures to those of Sinatra.

azcentral

Heath Ledger's Final Role to Be Finished by Three Actors

Posted Image

Heath Ledger's role of Tony in Terry Gilliam's film, "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus," is going to be tackled by three different actors. Jude Law's rep confirmed that Jude, Colin Farrell and Johnny Depp, would be stepping in to help finish the film by taking on Heath's role and picking up where he left off at the time of his untimely death.

It's still unclear exactly how the actors will be filling in the holes, with the BBC theorizing that Gilliam will use the footage of Ledger that was already shot before his death and the other actors will be portraying different versions of Tony. The $30 million film suspended production at the news of Heath's passing.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

http://socialitelife.buzznet.com/