Sign in to follow this  
Rebelgirl

Juliette Lewis

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/s...347132&p=y543... =154347892 Lewis kept guessing over groupie gifts 31/08/2005 - 15:06:06 Juliette Lewis adores being a rock star, because she enjoys a constant influx of weird and wonderful gifts from devoted fans. The 32-year-old lead singer of Juliette And The Licks is always thrilled by the curious presents her groupies bring, which have so far included a rubber duck, a pair of men's underpants and a bullet. She says: "They're the people who wear home-made shirts that say 'Lick Me' on them. I like to call them 'Lick Lovers'. "I have seen them at loads of gigs we've been doing in Europe. They're as cute as can be and they give me presents. I've been given a rubber duck, a pair of boxer shorts, a painting and a bullet. "People are really imaginative with the gifts they give us and I'm hugely grateful both for the presents and for the surprises. I never know what we will be given next."

Lewis To Star in West End Play Juliette Lewis is set to make her stage debut as the heroine of Sam Shepard's classic play Fool For Love. The Natural Born Killers actress, 32, will play one of a pair of doomed lovers in London's West End this summer and admits she is thrilled at the prospect. She says, "So I'm playing May in the first play I've ever done. I've performed in front of all kinds of crowds in my band, but this is the first time doing a play and I just couldn't say no. The material is so provocative and visceral that I'm really excited to do it."

Lewis Turns Back on Hollywood Hollywood star Juliette Lewis is leaving her film career behind her to concentrate on theatre roles. The Natural Born Killers actress made her first appearance in London play Fool For Love yesterday and enjoyed the experience so much she's vowed to ditch Tinseltown for the stage. The 32-year-old admits she's attracted to the unpredictable nature of live performances but also maintains theatre boasts bigger acting and producing talents than film. She says, "Some of the best actors, actresses, film and theatre directors are here. My films have not really been mainstream. There's been a danger to them, they've been counter-culture and I was never just going to be a film actress. But film is a film-maker's medium and at the end of the day I have a bigger love for a live experience. The American film world is very cookie cutter these days."

Posted Image

Brad Pitt's exgirlfriend Juliette Lewis, attempting to prove that not ALL Scientologists are eccentric. To be fair, we've seen and heard her band Juliette and the Licks, and they sound a LOT better than Juliette's questionable stage attire would indicate...

Posted by Janet Charlton on September 3, 2006 1:06 PM

okay. Ummmm. could someone please explain this girl to me? Is she always on drugs or is she just a freak?

She certainly is a homely little thing. Saw her in Manhattan once. She's no better in person than in photos!

I just saw her on an episode of Earl. I have to say, she is pretty hilarious and I love the fact that she plays a totally nutso, very unattractive character.

But here's another question I've got for you... It seems like a lot of Scientologist guys are gay, trying to pose as straight (Travolta, Cruise, Jason Lee, etc). But why are actresses like Mimi Rogers, Juliette Lewis and Leah Remini Scientologists? What's in it for them? Or, are they just brain-washed? I don't get it.

okay. Ummmm. could someone please explain this girl to me? Is she always on drugs or is she just a freak?

She certainly is a homely little thing. Saw her in Manhattan once. She's no better in person than in photos!

JL is one on my (very short!) list of celeb $cienos that I try to ^_^ "forget" are Scientologists. She has definitely made some poor project choices and is having a career slump currently, but IMO she has also delivered some BRILLIANT performances in quite a few awesome films. Performances I feel could have never been played to perfection if anyone other than her had been cast.

I don't know anything about her band, and have never heard them but I CAN say that I was totally blown away by her singing (and stage presence! Hot!) in Strange Days where she covered those PJ Harvey songs. Those aren't exactly "simple" vocals, either, and I thought she owned it. JMO.

I think she can be really hot/sexy, when she wants to be. But she's so quirky we don't see it that often. She probably is batshit crazy for all I know, but I dig her. B)

I just saw her on an episode of Earl. I have to say, she is pretty hilarious and I love the fact that she plays a totally nutso, very unattractive character.

But here's another question I've got for you... It seems like a lot of Scientologist guys are gay, trying to pose as straight (Travolta, Cruise, Jason Lee, etc). But why are actresses like Mimi Rogers, Juliette Lewis and Leah Remini Scientologists? What's in it for them? Or, are they just brain-washed? I don't get it.

I've often wondered that myself. Isn't Priscilla Presley one as well? It may have to do with making them feel important. Scientology goes after celebs, and maybe these women who aren't exactly HUGE in Hollywood feel huge when they're around Scientologists?

I don't understand Ann Archer though.

Regarding Juliette Lewis, I recall reading somewhere that her parents were Scientologists and she was raised in the cult.

Pricilla, I believe, ran into one of their drug-rehab front organizations and got interested to try to get Elvis off of painkillers. He scoffed, of course, but she remained connected with them. I think they get more converts from doing drug detox than they do "curing" gays.

I think Jeanine (sp?) Garofolo is just about at the event horizon and ready to spiral into the black hole. :(

Edited by socrates17

Regarding Juliette Lewis, I recall reading somewhere that her parents were Scientologists and she was raised in the cult.

Pricilla, I believe, ran into one of their drug-rehab front organizations and got interested to try to get Elvis off of painkillers. He scoffed, of course, but she remained connected with them. I think they get more converts from doing drug detox than they do "curing" gays.

I think Jeanine (sp?) Garofolo is just about at the event horizon and ready to spiral into the black hole. :(

Yeah, I've heard that too, that she was raised in it. I'm a little more forgiving of the ones that have never known anything else.

As for the rest of them -- Scientology, like every other scam from psychics to fad diets, promises "the Answers." It's the idea of certainty -- you fork over some cash, you follow the program, and voila! All your problems are solved.

A lot of lost, insecure people get sucked into this sort of thing. And actors tend to include some of the most insecure people on earth. Insecure people who are extremely susceptible to flattery (since a lot of them are terribly vain AND insecure) + can afford to take all those "classes" = Scientology goldmine.

It's called an artist religon. Only the artist understand what they are saying. I believe that I an artist, I still can't understand the Theatan thing. The business classes are cool and cheap. That's why I can't call it a religon. I spoke to a woman that had a high position in the church, she told me that sciencelotgy is like the buddisht religon. So I saw the Buddha.

It's called an artist religon. Only the artist understand what they are saying. I believe that I an artist, I still can't understand the Theatan thing. The business classes are cool and cheap. That's why I can't call it a religon. I spoke to a woman that had a high position in the church, she told me that sciencelotgy is like the buddisht religon. So I saw the Buddha.

I don't recall the Buddha charging anyone for enlightenment. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Published on Thu 04 October 2007 by IanMcShane

JULIETTE LEWIS SMASHES SOME DISHES

It's nice to see that 'don't call me an actress' rock goddess Juliette Lewis is keeping it real in her shambolic attempt to forge a career in music, before she shuffles sheepishly back to her real job. Why she's even taken to breaking things, just because she can! RAWKANROLLGOODNIGHTSEATTLE or what?

Obviously, she's not totally crazy though, keeping just on the right side of the law...

"I'm not gonna do the TV out the window at a hotel because I don't really want lawsuits."

Spoken like a true rock monster, but she does have a short fuse, and woe betide any crockery around when this crazy mutha flips.

"Recently in Budapest, backstage at the catering area, I felt that insatiable urge and then joy at breaking dishes against a wall. I understood what that was about."

Yeah, stick it to the man, Juliette, but not too much, eh?

"I'm wild in a lot of ways. I'm fearless... On the other hand I'm conservative; I don't do drugs, I haven't done drugs since I was 22, but I know how to have a good time."

Perhaps something to do with her being a leading light in the Church of Scientology. Yes, those dishes were put there by Xenu himself, and were positively teeming with negative engrams. So carry on rebelling Juliette, until Tom tells you to calm down and go back to the day job.

I give it three months.

JL dish smashing

Juliette Lewis Praises 'Super Father' Brad Pitt

Juliette Lewis thinks her ex-fiance Brad Pitt is a "super father".

The 'Starsky and Hutch' star is in awe of Brad's parenting skills and is amazed he manages to raise six children - Maddox, eight, Zahara, four, Shiloh, three, Pax, five, and one-year-old twins Knox and Vivienne - with his partner Angelina Jolie.

Juliette - who split from the actor in the early 90s - said: "When I run into him it's like running into an old comrade. Good vibes. He's grown into a fine man and father. Total super father. It's pretty impressive. Their family unit is inspiring."

Although she thinks Brad's family is wonderful, the 38-year-old actress - who has mostly been single since her divorce from skateboarder Steve Berra in 2005 - doesn't plan to be a mother until she settles down again because she doesn't want to raise children on her own.

She explained: "At this point I don't envision having children by myself."

Juliette has instead been focusing on her career and enjoyed her hands-on role as a roller-skating racer in upcoming comedy 'Whip It', directed by Drew Barrymore.

She said: "Learning to skate, roller derby style, was a challenging task. But we all became bad asses comparing bruises. Drew had one about eight inches long and five inches wide on the hip. I got some hip knots and a scraped chin, but thankfully no busted teeth. Bruises and scrapes are cool, busted teeth - not cool!"

Source: monstersandcritics.com

So... she occasionally runs into Brad but these pedestrian encounters give her sufficient information to deem him a great dad?

She always was a crazy one... maybe she's hoping to recruit him Xenu.

'Alien' Juliette Lewis

Juliette Lewis feels like an alien.

The 36-year-old rocker-and-actress, who dated Hollywood heartthrob Brad Pitt in the early 90s, says people treat her like she's from another world because she is a famous Scientologist.

She said: "I equate fame with being a blue alien. Some people are like, 'Look at the blue alien, she's so cute!' And other people are like, 'Oh my god, don't talk to the blue alien!' And however they treat you, at the end of the day you're still a blue alien."

The star, who has just formed a new band called The New Romantiques, thinks her unusual image also contributes to people's strange reactions to her.

She said: "Wherever I go I'm like the resident freak show. I'm a bit goofy, maybe rough around the edges. But, if people are intelligent, they'll get to know you as a person in the present moment."

Source monstersandcritics.com

Juliette Lewis: 'I Hated Myself On Drugs'

Juliette Lewis has said that she hated herself when she was a drug user.

The actress-turned-singer told the Evening Standard that she stopped using illegal substances through the Scientology Narconon rehabilitation programme.

Lewis said: "When I did drugs I hated myself. It was a shame-filled time. It was destructive. That all feels a long way off now, though.

"I quit drugs at 22 and I'm 36 now so it feels like talking about myself when I was in diapers."

Of the Narconon programme, she added: "You do sauna, you do vitamins, you take all these courses. It was do or die.

"I had really reached rock bottom. I needed to push through it to realise my goals and my purpose."

Lewis, who is still a Scientologist, recently claimed that she was wilder now than when she used to take drugs.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Lewis' Frugal Life

Actress-turned-rocker JULIETTE LEWIS has laughed off assumptions she enjoys a lavish lifestyle - admitting she doesn't even own her own house.

The 36 year old has starred in more than 40 films since she made her acting debut aged 14, and went on to launch a successful rock career with her band Juliette and the Licks until they split last year (09).

But despite her huge acting resume and four albums under her belt, Lewis is adamant she is very careful with cash - and even sold her home to fund a tour with her new band.

She tells Britain's Live magazine, "People assume I employ dwarves to carry my luggage on a red velvet carpet up to my fancy mansion. But I actually live quite frugally. My only extravagance is buying CDs. I don't even own my own house. I sold my house in order to take my band on tour and I've been renting ever since. I haven't shopped in ages and I actually plan to shop less in the future. I want my life to become more and more simple, less cluttered, so that I'm free to be in music and movies."

Source contactmusic

Juliette Lewis Saved By Scientology

Juliette Lewis claims she was saved by Scientology.

The singer-and-actress - who turned to the bizarre sci-fi faith in 1996 for help during her drug addiction struggles - can't understand why the Church of Scientology receives so much criticism and is particularly upset about the way Tom Cruise, one of the faith's most prominent members, is ridiculed for his beliefs.

She said: "It's been written about in such an obscene way but it's very common-sense based and involves really basic stuff like using communication to try and solve your problems or differences.

"It's a progressive religion in that it's a body of knowledge. You can be a Jewish or a Buddhist Scientologist and people don't understand that.

"I feel so sad for the ridicule Tom Cruise got, and he's such a gracious, caring human being."

The 36-year-old star decided to embark on a music career six years ago and since she started releasing records she insists her experiences have been educational.

She added in an interview with the Daily Mirror newspaper: "Starting a new career has been a huge education for me. I've always been an outsider and never felt like I fitted in, so being a little bit of a freak of nature in rock 'n' roll suits me."

Source contactmusic