Sign in to follow this  
BobbyD

Hilary Duff

Seahorse

http://www.dlisted.com/

Posted Image

That seahorsey can't swim! Hilary Duff got a major beating from the waves on the Jersey shore yesterday while filming "Greta." She had to be rescued by divers. HAH! Oh how I love seeing fugly celebrities in peril!

Hilary Duff: 'Definitely Not Ready' to Marry

Posted Image

While her ex Joel Madden preps for a new baby with Nicole Richie, singer Hilary Duff is delaying her own plans to start a family.

"I'm definitely not ready to get married," Duff, 20, tells Cosmopolitan in its January issue. "I think a reason that people in this business get married young is that they feel like everything comes to them sooner in life. It's normal to be like, 'Okay, what's next?' "

Having famously dated Good Charlotte musician Madden for 18 months – before they broke up in November 2006 – Duff is currently dating NHL player Mike Comrie.

On the heels of this week's Jennifer Love Hewitt controversy about body image, Duff said that, as a scrutinized starlet, she has fretted about her weight.

"You lose some happiness when that's all you think about," Duff says. "There definitely was a time, about a year and a half ago, when I was pretty obsessed with my body and my weight, but I'm better not stressing about my body all the time."

She adds, "It's not attractive when girls get super-skinny. Guys don't like it. Girls don't like you as much."

Next year, Duff will be tackling her first serious movie role, in War, Inc., costarring John Cusack. This year she spent promoting her latest CD, Dignity, which hit stores in April.

Hilary, Haylie Duff in Court for Parent's Divorce Hearing

HOUSTON -- A FOX 26 News crew was roughed up Thursday as they shot video of Hilary and Haylie Duff leaving a downtown Houston courthouse.

A source at TMZ.com informed FOX 26 News Thursday morning that Hilary and Haylie Duff were in a Houston courtroom for a divorce hearing involving their parents.

As the Duff family left the Harris County Family Law Center and walked through downtown Houston's underground tunnel system, someone pushed FOX 26 News Reporter Isiah Carey against the wall and pushed photographer Torrey Walker to the ground.

myfoxhouston

Miley's Role Model Is Hilary

Chicago, IL (CNS) - While young girls look up to her, Miley Cyrus has her own role model she admires. The 15-year-old Hannah Montana star confides to Oprah Winfrey that she looks up to five years older Hilary Duff.

When asked why the former Lizzie McGuire star, Cyrus explains, "Because she's someone I got to watch, and I'm like, 'Hey, she's a normal girl.'"

The Disney Channel star says she dresses the part to be a good role model. "I like to look kind of what girls would want to look up to, and their moms and dads will say, 'Hey, that's cool. That's different.' I look way young and that's the way that's more comfortable for me."

Cyrus has talked about her country singer father as well as what keeps her grounded. She says dad Billy Ray has a big influence on her life.

"My dad - he's a big influence, not only because of the music but growing up around him. I've never seen him treat anyone less than with respect and love for everyone, down to the fans that wait until 3 in the morning until his bus pulls out at 5."

Christian girl Cyrus has said church is a huge part of her life. She quotes her favorite bible verse, Ephesians 6:10-11, "Finally, my brother, come close to the Lord for if you put on the full armor of God you can stand against the walls of a devil."

Ugliest Earrings Ever

Posted Image

I've seen some fugly ass earrings in my day (I did grow up in the 80s) but these take the cake which is funny since you can serve a cake on those things. They look like goth doilies. The sad part is those probably cost more than my monthly rent.

No wonder Hilary Duff is hunched over in most of these pictures. It's your hideous earrings weighing you down, bitch! Free your lobes. They are tired.

http://www.dlisted.com/

Hilary Duff's a One-Man Woman

Posted Image

Hilary Duff looks to be pretty committed to her beau, hockey star, Mike Comrie. I'm not sure how long these two have been dating, but Hilary seems like the type of gal who likes to be in a monogamous relationship. The young actress/pop star was spotted leaving the Waverly Inn in New York with her boyfriend and I know how cold it is here in Los Angeles, so I can only imagine how Hilary's not completely blue in these here pictures.

She seems sweet, mouse-teeth and all.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

http://socialitelife.buzznet.com/

Hilary and Mike's Love and Hockey

Hilary Duff put in the time to cheer on her boyfriend at his hockey game on Tuesday night, so it's only fair that she got to choose the activity yesterday — shopping in NYC. Mike looks like he was a good sport about the whole thing, even doing the dirty work of carrying around all the shopping bags. The Islanders have another game against the Rangers tonight, so we have a feeling we already know what Hilary's Thursday night plans might be.

Posted Image

Is Hilary Still Safe for Kids?

The Internet is abuzz with a clip from Hilary Duff's upcoming film, War Inc., that has parents and fans of the young actress wondering just what happened to the squeaky-clean star.

In the outtake from the film, which features a scantily clad HilDuff getting intimate with a scorpion — yes, a scorpion! — while an astonished John Cusack looks on.

Scroll down to see the clip for yourself.

And yet, only months ago, the 20-year-old star told OK!'s Red Carpet Confidential blogger Valerie Nome that she wouldn’t disappoint her young fans by crossing over to the dark side. She even admitted turning down a role playing a pregnant girl with a drug problem because it was too edgy.

“I just feel like there’s so much time for that,” she said at the time. “I think there are actresses who want to get so far away from what people thought they were like or that they can do. It’s just shocking to me because you’re still so young. When I’m 25 or 30, I want to have some place to go and something I’ve never done. Now I think I can start to challenge myself and do different things that aren’t for such a young audience, but I think it’s important not to completely abandon them.”

Source: ok-magazine.com

Duff Opens Up About Lavigne, Lohan Feuds

Hilary Duff has revealed her version of her feuds with Avril Lavigne and Lindsay Lohan.

The 20-year-old annoyed Lavigne in 2003 after criticising her attitude towards her admirers.

Duff told OK!: "I said something about how she didn't like her fans dressing like her, and how she should appreciate that because it's a compliment.

“She called me a goody-goody. Everyone is trying to prove who they are, and their position. So, I'm 'the good girl.' She's 'the bad girl' or 'the party girl'.

“Sarah Jessica Parker doesn't take her clothes off, but she's not a 'good girl'. [Adult actors] don't get tagged like we do."

Duff fell out with former friend Lohan when they were both two-timed by Aaron Carter, but the pair made up last summer.

She said of the spat: "Supposedly, I stole Lindsay Lohan's boyfriend. We were, like, 13! And I've never stolen anyone's boyfriend! I don't know how you do that!...She was talking about it and I wasn't.

“It made us both look bad and put up a big weirdness. Really she was just a girl my age. We are fine now, by the way."

Source :digitalspy.co.uk

Exclusive! Hilary Duff to Star in New 90210?

E!

Step aside, Shannen Doherty. Hilary Duff just might be the new face of Beverly Hills, 90210.

Sources connected to the series tell me exclusively that producers for the CW's 90210 remake have reached out to Hilary to offer her a starring role in the series.

No word yet on whether she is interested in the role, and at press time, we have not received comment from reps for the CW or Hilary.

According to sources, Hilary's potential character is that of Annie Mills. As I reported last month, Annie is a Beverly Hills High student who is into theater acting, just like her predecessor. But instead of Color Me Badd, she’s listening to emo bands. She yearns to fit in with the alternative crowd and leans a lot on her adopted brother, Dixon, too.

She likes to be on stage, and she's cute as a button...sounds like a perfect match for Hilary, no?

Hockey Is Hilary Duff's 'New Obsession'

Hilary Duff can put away her Hockey for Dummies book. She's a full-on fan now, thanks to boyfriend Mike Comrie of the New York Islanders.

"[Hockey] has kind of been a new obsession," Duff told PEOPLE at Monday night's premiere of her new film, War, Inc. "When I'm in New York, I'm going to hockey games a lot."

And Comrie returns the favor.

"He sits through days of press, of me doing interviews, like one after another after another, and doesn't complain about it," said Duff (who stars alongside John Cusack and Marisa Tomei in the offbeat political satire). "He was a good sport today."

The 27-year-old Comrie also joined Duff – wearing a black Dolce & Gabbana dress and Christian Louboutin pumps – at her premiere, part of the Tribeca Film Festival.

"It's fun to get all dressed up," said the 20-year-old. "I feel like I haven't done it in a long time."

After the screening, the two chatted with moviegoers before heading over to Meatpacking District hotspot Tenjune for the after-party.

The too-cute twosome held court in the VIP area with Duff's sister Haylie. But they only had eyes for each other, whispering and sharing brief kisses all evening.

Source: People

HILARY DUFF TEENAGE WASTELAND

The ENQUIRER exclusively reveals Hilary Duff's big time binge drinking.

The underage Disney diva was like a mad Russian, slamming down vodkas at Club Villa, witnesses told The ENQUIRER.

"Hilary was out of control," the insider revealed. "She got really loaded on Grey Goose vodka mixers. She kept lighting cigarettes even though the club doesn't allow smoking."

But the petite star of A Cinderella Story really turned heads and raised eyebrows when she started dirty dancing with a girlfriend -- which infuriated her date Mike Comrie of the New York islanders.

Finally she lost her footing and want smashing into her table, scattering drinks.

"Everyone was laughing except for Mike. He was furious!"

Minutes later she was hustled upstairs to a bathroom by girlfriends.

A disheveled Duff reemerged from the toilet where she was confronted by Mike who read her the riot act.

Hilary Duff Joins 'Stay Cool'

(FROM THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) – Hilary Duff has joined Winona Ryder, Jon Cryer, Sean Astin, and Chevy Chase in the cast of the Polish brothers comedy Stay Cool. The story is about a successful author (Mark Polish) who faces his unrequited high school crush (Ryder) when he returns home to deliver a commencement address to graduating seniors. Duff plays a high school hottie who asks the author to the prom when he visits her school. Mark and Michael Polish wrote the script and are producing, and Michael is directing. Duff recently shot Safety Glass and Greta, and will be back in the studio to work on her fifth album later this summer. (Hollywood Reporter)

Hilary Duff's dad to spend 10 days in Texas jail

Aug. 28, 2008, 6:23 AM EST

HOUSTON (AP) -- A judge in Texas has ordered the father of actress and singer Hilary Duff to spend 10 days in jail for contempt of court.

Bob Duff was led away in handcuffs Wednesday during a court hearing after Judge Thomas Stansbury in Houston determined he violated an injunction against selling assets without court approval.

The Houston Chronicle reported in its online edition that Bob Duff must pay into a court repository $367,537 he earned from selling stocks last month.

Bob Duff's attorney Robert Piro said his client would post bond and file an appeal.

Bob and Susan Duff are in the midst of a bitter divorce.

Stansbury determined Bob Duff should pay Susan $12,500 for Hilary's birthday party, which was the subject of the hearing. Her mother wanted $25,000 to pay for a present and party.

Neither Hilary, whose 21st birthday is Sept. 28, nor her sister Haylie were in court

She is only 21? Wow. I won't even address the $25,000 party and present :rolleyes:

Hilary Duff's dad to spend 10 days in Texas jail

Aug. 28, 2008, 6:23 AM EST

HOUSTON (AP) -- A judge in Texas has ordered the father of actress and singer Hilary Duff to spend 10 days in jail for contempt of court.

Bob Duff was led away in handcuffs Wednesday during a court hearing after Judge Thomas Stansbury in Houston determined he violated an injunction against selling assets without court approval.

The Houston Chronicle reported in its online edition that Bob Duff must pay into a court repository $367,537 he earned from selling stocks last month.

Bob Duff's attorney Robert Piro said his client would post bond and file an appeal.

Bob and Susan Duff are in the midst of a bitter divorce.

Stansbury determined Bob Duff should pay Susan $12,500 for Hilary's birthday party, which was the subject of the hearing. Her mother wanted $25,000 to pay for a present and party.

Neither Hilary, whose 21st birthday is Sept. 28, nor her sister Haylie were in court

She is only 21? Wow. I won't even address the $25,000 party and present :rolleyes:

There is a lot more to this story, the dad is hiding funds & being a real jackass in general. The mom is trying to keep the party and gift equal to what they gave Haylee on her 21st and daddy is angry at Hilary for taking the moms side in the divorce so he is refusing to do it. Still, yes Hilary is a multi-millionaire so it's kind of silly, but it has to hurt her feelings :wacko: showbiz parents are just plain weird :blink:

Hilary Duff to star in new NBC show

Actress signs development deal with network

By MICHAEL SCHNEIDER

Hilary Duff is returning to TV, signing a pact with NBC to star in a new series.

Under terms of the one-year talent and development deal, Peacock will develop a show starring Duff; thesp will also be tapped to guest star in various current NBC shows.

The Duff series would be produced by Universal Media Studios. Deal was announced by NBC Entertainment/ Universal Media Studios co-chairman Ben Silverman.

Duff will meet with writers and comb through the Peacock's development for the right project to star in.

Duff starred in a 2004 CBS pilot that wasn't picked up to series; since then, she's focused on her music and movie careers. The actress starred in this year's "War, Inc.," and will next be seen in the 2009 features "Safety Glass," "Stay Cool" and "Greta."

She first rose to fame as the star of the Disney Channel's "Lizzie McGuire" (which later spawned "The Lizzie McGuire Movie"). She then appeared in features such as "Agent Cody Banks," "Cheaper by the Dozen" and "Raise Your Voice."

In signing Duff, NBC Entertainment exec VP Teri Weinberg cited the thesp's "huge following" and versatility as a young talent. As a singer, Duff's album "Metamorphosis" sold more than 2 million copies and spawned several hit singles.

Hilary Duff Still Prominent Superstar

Some would say that Hilary Duff the superstar is just too perfect. And yet, its widely known that everyone has flaws of some kind. Its true that Hilary is gorgeous and has a lot going for her. She is often seen with her boyfriend who is just as handsome as another model could possibly be.

People are often calling this one the perfect love as they share everything together; and yet could it be too perfect? While Hilary hasn?t been in the spotlight for awhile she has been seen out and about with the boyfriend and she loves to dish out gossip. This is essentially the realm with many of the superstars in Hollywood, only the paparazzi get close enough to possibly find out the truth behind some of the rumors and gossip. Both have the keys to success and they do make a cute couple however no one really knows how far that goes.

They both do charity work and are affiliated with the program Blessings in a Backpack another charity. According to Hilary her boyfriend does cute things just to see her smile or to make her laugh and it is extremely helpful when she is down and out. Or in her words, you can?t keep the blues around him. He being a hockey player in essence they both know what it feels like to be in the spotlight, Sometimes Hilary claims he is too good to be true, so that would be considered love to many people. Her fans, and friends believe it could be serious. Her favorite thing about him is that he writes extremely well poetry and dedicates them to her, how romantic is that? Hilary is a superstar and plans to keep doing what she can as her fans love her in whatever she does, her romantic side with her man is her bonus!

Source: hollywood gossip to go