Sign in to follow this  
princess

Shannen Doherty

Doherty Moves on from 'Love'(Wednesday, October 12 09:23 AM)By Jay Bobbin LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - She battles Armageddon in an upcoming miniseries, but Shannen Doherty has already weathered one storm this television season.After the media frenzies over her exits from "Beverly Hills, 90210" and "Charmed," the actress was let go from UPN's new Thursday sitcom "Love, Inc." after making the pilot episode. Replaced in the show by Busy Philipps, Doherty has moved on to other projects like CBS' "Category 7: The End of the World," which starts Sunday, Nov. 6. A superstorm-fighting scientist in that miniseries, she claims little science is needed to understand her "Love, Inc." dismissal."Bottom line, it didn't work out," she states. "I'll be honest and say it was somewhat heartbreaking for me ... really, really difficult. I loved the cast." Doherty singles out "Love, Inc." co-star Holly Robinson Peete as "phenomenal, unbelievable at comedy. I think my biggest regret is not working with her more, because I know I would have learned so much from that girl." So what went wrong for Doherty? "Look, people make decisions. The only thing I can say is that it had nothing to do with me personally. There will always be the press people who want to write, 'Oh, she was difficult,' but I think most of the show's producers and cast went out there and defended me and said, 'That's not what the deal was.' And it wasn't."It was a personal decision on the part of Les Moonves (co-president and co-COO of Viacom, which owns UPN and CBS). He felt it wasn't the right fit, and whatever his reasons were, I respect them. Then he turned around and put me in 'Category 7,' so maybe to him, I'm a dramatic actress. It all boils down to faith. I have to have faith in myself and in God, and to know that if things don't work out, there's a reason. All I can do is try my hardest not to make the same mistakes I made in my youth, which I've worked extremely hard not to."Now glad to be developing series with producing partner Gavin Polone ("Curb Your Enthusiasm," "Gilmore Girls"), Doherty also is grateful to have acted with Randy Quaid in "Category 7," so she's hardly overwhelmed with "Love, Inc."-related remorse. She reflects, "Who am I to sit here and say, 'I can't believe that didn't work out'? I have the most fortunate life anyone could ask for, and I have an amazing family and amazing friends. If one little thing goes wrong, you can't get down about it. You just pick yourself up and move forward."You could knock me down 30 more times and I would still get up and persevere," Doherty adds. "That is in my nature, but it also comes with passion. I love my job, and if you have passion for what you do, you're going to get right back up."

Ted C. of E!

Shannen Doherty, stokin' her rep for bein' permanently Midol-deprived. Cabana Club. Hell-Ay. A strikingly beautiful gal walked by Shannen's booth. Big mistake. According to banquet witnesses, Doherty told the hottie-honey to "get the f--k out" of the Beverly Hills, 90210 terrible's way. Why so threatened, Shan-doll? Doncha know that stress causes wrinkles?

Page SixEND-ZONE PASS MAN-EATER Shannen Doherty has a new boy toy. The sexy former "90210" star made the scene the other night at the L.A. launch of Victoria's Secret's new Mood line of aphrodisiac-inspired candles and home fragrances — which seem to work. Doherty, 34, planted herself on the lap of a studly college senior: USC quarterback and Heisman Trophy winner Matt Leinert. He nearly scored a touchdown right in their banquette, our spywitness reports. Also at the bash, held at the aptly-named Club Mood and hosted by Alessandra Ambrosio and Tyra Banks, were Paris Hilton and Stavros Niarchos, Mike Tyson, Kevin Federline, Joaquin Phoenix and Christian Slater.

AND THE STRANGE COUPLE AWARD GOES TO.................

Shannen Doherty Is In Love with Randy Quaid

Category: SOFTPEDIA NEWS :: Entertainment

The former BEVERLY HILLS 90210 star has fallen for her CATEGORY 7: THE END OF THE WORLD co-star RANDY QUAID

By: Entertainment News Staff

Shannen Doherty is romancing Randy Quaid.

The couple played unlikely lovers in the new TV disaster movie and have fallen in love with each other.

"There is something incredibly sexy about Randy and I think it's that, obviously, he's gruff and he's a character and I like a man with character”, Doherty says.

"He's like a teddy bear. I had this kissing scene with him and he's so much bigger than me and he just grabbed me by the elbows and took me up and, like, planted one on me, and put me down and I'm like, 'OK.' We made out and he's a good kisser", the actress added.

Meanwhile, the former BEVERLY HILLS 90210 star has confessed to her father that all the rumors about her dating US college sports hero MATT LEINART aren't true.

Doherty’s dad is a huge fan of top-rated American football team the University of Southern California Trojans, and when he heard his daughter was dating quarterback Leinart, he was thrilled.

"That would be the perfect son-in-law. My dad was like, 'Oh my God, is it true, is it true? Matt's going to be my new son-in-law.' He was so excited”, Shannen said

"Matt is handsome and he is talented and he is a great quarterback, but the truth of the matter is he was in the same club (as me) - and that was it", she added.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Shannen-Doh...aid-11692.shtml

AND THE STRANGE COUPLE AWARD GOES TO.................

Shannen Doherty Is In Love with Randy Quaid

Category: SOFTPEDIA NEWS :: Entertainment

The former BEVERLY HILLS 90210 star has fallen for her CATEGORY 7: THE END OF THE WORLD co-star RANDY QUAID

By: Entertainment News Staff

Shannen Doherty is romancing Randy Quaid.

The couple played unlikely lovers in the new TV disaster movie and have fallen in love with each other.

"There is something incredibly sexy about Randy and I think it's that, obviously, he's gruff and he's a character and I like a man with character”, Doherty says.

"He's like a teddy bear. I had this kissing scene with him and he's so much bigger than me and he just grabbed me by the elbows and took me up and, like, planted one on me, and put me down and I'm like, 'OK.' We made out and he's a good kisser", the actress added.

Meanwhile, the former BEVERLY HILLS 90210 star has confessed to her father that all the rumors about her dating US college sports hero MATT LEINART aren't true.

Doherty’s dad is a huge fan of top-rated American football team the University of Southern California Trojans, and when he heard his daughter was dating quarterback Leinart, he was thrilled.

"That would be the perfect son-in-law. My dad was like, 'Oh my God, is it true, is it true? Matt's going to be my new son-in-law.' He was so excited”, Shannen said

"Matt is handsome and he is talented and he is a great quarterback, but the truth of the matter is he was in the same club (as me) - and that was it", she added.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Shannen-Doh...aid-11692.shtml

I don't know, Princess . . . all he'd have to do is pick her up by the elbows again! She's so use to dealing with 'boys' while Randy is an actual man. Maybe that's the attraction for her although I doubt there's anything real beyond the publicity for Cat 7. Not counting how she behaves while in bars and drinking, she does sound like she's received help (counseling/psycho therapy?) when it comes to her professional side of life.

EOnline.comMALIBU BLUES: Actress Shannen Doherty involved in a car accident in Malibu on Monday after her Ford Mustang struck another vehicle on the Pacific Coast Highway, sending the other driver to the hospital, according to TMZ. Doherty was okay.

TV Guide.com

D'OH-ERTY!: Shannen Doherty was involved in a car crash on Monday, TMZ.com reports, when her Range Rover collided with a Mustang on the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu. While the other driver was taken to the hospital, Doherty — who was cited for causing the collision — complained (whoa, shocker there!) of pain at the crash scene but refused treatment.

TV Guide.comShannen Doherty Disses in Reality Series Shannen Doherty is fronting an Oxygen reality series on which viewers will hire out the Beverly Hills, 90210 diva to give the heave-ho to significant others, bad friends and mean bosses. Doherty's show is slated to launch this summer ...

give the heave-ho to significant others

She makes me heave & she is a ho, so this is the show she was born to do.

She finally found her niche.

Edited by taco

Doherty, McPhee Come into "View"

by Gina Serpe

Jul 7, 2006, 10:00 AM PT

In the wake of Star Jones Reynold's abrupt decampment from The View last week, the powers-that-be at the ABC chatfest are looking to steer clear of cohost drama. Accordingly, they've gone and hired Shannen Doherty.

Yes, that Shannen Doherty.

The Barbara Walters-led talk show has unveiled a slate of upcoming guest hosts to temporarily fill the vacated fourth seat, with Doherty, Katherine McPhee, Dancing with the Stars judge Carrie Ann Inaba and champ Kelly Monaco tag-teaming.

At first blush, Doherty, 35, seems the most unexpected option to sub in on The View, considering a history of diva-like behavior that led to her exits from Beverly Hills, 90210 and Charmed, among other offscreen troubles. Then again, Doherty's antics could be considered small beans when compared to a certain ex-lawyer and former talk show host.

Reynolds, who has been offering up the sordid details of her departure on the talk-show circuit since leaving on June 28, wasn't supposed to leave The View right away. But her quick departure has forced producers to scramble for viable replacements.

The day after Walters' on-air confirmation that Reynolds would not be returning to the chatfest, One Life to Live's Renee Goldsberry sat with the remaining three yappers. While Goldsberry had previously acted as a guest cohost, her position as first out of the gate in the new wave of contenders was particularly noteworthy for her almost eerie resemblance to Reynolds.

Goldsberry also plays a lawyer on the soap, making it appear that Walters & Co. were seeking a very specific type to fill the Star gap.

America's Got Talent judge Brandy then logged time at the table last week and again on Friday's show, even receiving on-air kudos from Walters for a job well done. Meanwhile, All My Children's Susan Lucci joined the hijinks on Wednesday.

When it comes to Inaba and Monaco, it would seem the folks at The View clearly have a penchant for dancing...or maybe just ABC synergy.

Inaba, a choreographer who has appeared as a judge on the Alphabet net's reality competition for each of its two seasons, will fill in on Monday. Monaco was the winner of Dancing's first season and is a regular on another ABC soap, General Hospital. The 30-year-old actress, who has appeared on The View several times, takes the seat next Tuesday.

American Idol runner-up McPhee, meanwhile, is also scheduled to squeeze in some small-screen time in between dates for the American Idol summer tour, joining Walters, Joy Behar and fellow reality TV vet Elisabeth Hasselbeck for some small talk July 19.

The 22-year-old songbird, unlike some of the other revolving-door candidates, is likely not using her guest stint as an audition for the permanent gig, instead making it another promotional pit stop. Of course, all is dependent on her laryngitis clearing up.

Doherty, whose new reality show, Breaking Up with Shannen Doherty, premieres on the Oxygen network next month, is penciled in on The View for July 31 and Aug. 1.

There appears to be a method to The View brain trust's mining of soap operas and reality TV for cohosts. See: Kelly Ripa, who graduated from All My Children to Regis sidekick; and The View's own Hasselbeck, a former Survivor castaway.

In any case, The View is running out of time if it wants a permanent Star sub. The show will go on hiatus Aug. 4 and returns Sept. 5, with another new face as Rosie O'Donnell's takes over for the Today show-bound Meredith Vieira.

As for Reynolds, she's not wasting any time getting back to work. She's set to guest host HGTV's House Hunters all next week.

OK -- now I think I will watch The View! This will be SO MUCH FUN! Rosie, Shannen, Barbara, Joy & that twit Elizabeth. Talk about a b****fest!

Shannen Doherty: I'm Looking for Love

WEDNESDAY JULY 12, 2006 03:25PM EST

By Stephen M. Silverman, People.com

Posted Image

Doherty on July 11

Shannen Doherty's love life has been anything but Charmed, but TV's bad girl says she's ready to settle down – if she can find the man of her dreams.

"I feel really well-equipped now, but I think it has more to do with the fact that I've been single for so long and not dating and that I've learned a lot about myself," Doherty tells TV's Extra.

Still, the twice-divorced star, who is set to launch a new reality show on the Oxygen network called Trials of Love, in which she'll help couples break off bad relationships, says she won't rush into anything.

"I don't need to settle for anything less than Mr. Right," she tells Extra. "I'm a little too old to be making the same mistakes."

The Memphis native, 35, also says she has learned from her two brief marriages – from 1993-94, to Ashley Hamilton (son of George Hamilton and Alana Stewart), and from 2003-4, to Rick Salomon (best remembered as Paris Hilton's costar in that infamous sex tape).

Then again, meeting her future mate may not be easy, she says. "Here's the funny part. I never leave the house, so I don't know how I'm gonna find him. The guy who delivers the newspaper? Are you cute? I hope so, 'cause that's the guy I'm gonna meet … seriously! I go to work and I come home. Don't laugh at me. It's true."

As for her bad girl image, it seems Doherty is more sensitive than people think. "It's so ridiculous that stuff I did when I was 19 years old is still being applied to me today," she says. "It hurts, and I would be lying if I said I don't cry when I read something bad about myself."

Doherty, McPhee Come into "View"

by Gina Serpe

Jul 7, 2006, 10:00 AM PT

In the wake of Star Jones Reynold's abrupt decampment from The View last week, the powers-that-be at the ABC chatfest are looking to steer clear of cohost drama. Accordingly, they've gone and hired Shannen Doherty.

Yes, that Shannen Doherty.

The Barbara Walters-led talk show has unveiled a slate of upcoming guest hosts to temporarily fill the vacated fourth seat, with Doherty, Katherine McPhee, Dancing with the Stars judge Carrie Ann Inaba and champ Kelly Monaco tag-teaming.

At first blush, Doherty, 35, seems the most unexpected option to sub in on The View, considering a history of diva-like behavior that led to her exits from Beverly Hills, 90210 and Charmed, among other offscreen troubles. Then again, Doherty's antics could be considered small beans when compared to a certain ex-lawyer and former talk show host.

Reynolds, who has been offering up the sordid details of her departure on the talk-show circuit since leaving on June 28, wasn't supposed to leave The View right away. But her quick departure has forced producers to scramble for viable replacements.

The day after Walters' on-air confirmation that Reynolds would not be returning to the chatfest, One Life to Live's Renee Goldsberry sat with the remaining three yappers. While Goldsberry had previously acted as a guest cohost, her position as first out of the gate in the new wave of contenders was particularly noteworthy for her almost eerie resemblance to Reynolds.

Goldsberry also plays a lawyer on the soap, making it appear that Walters & Co. were seeking a very specific type to fill the Star gap.

America's Got Talent judge Brandy then logged time at the table last week and again on Friday's show, even receiving on-air kudos from Walters for a job well done. Meanwhile, All My Children's Susan Lucci joined the hijinks on Wednesday.

When it comes to Inaba and Monaco, it would seem the folks at The View clearly have a penchant for dancing...or maybe just ABC synergy.

Inaba, a choreographer who has appeared as a judge on the Alphabet net's reality competition for each of its two seasons, will fill in on Monday. Monaco was the winner of Dancing's first season and is a regular on another ABC soap, General Hospital. The 30-year-old actress, who has appeared on The View several times, takes the seat next Tuesday.

American Idol runner-up McPhee, meanwhile, is also scheduled to squeeze in some small-screen time in between dates for the American Idol summer tour, joining Walters, Joy Behar and fellow reality TV vet Elisabeth Hasselbeck for some small talk July 19.

The 22-year-old songbird, unlike some of the other revolving-door candidates, is likely not using her guest stint as an audition for the permanent gig, instead making it another promotional pit stop. Of course, all is dependent on her laryngitis clearing up.

Doherty, whose new reality show, Breaking Up with Shannen Doherty, premieres on the Oxygen network next month, is penciled in on The View for July 31 and Aug. 1.

There appears to be a method to The View brain trust's mining of soap operas and reality TV for cohosts. See: Kelly Ripa, who graduated from All My Children to Regis sidekick; and The View's own Hasselbeck, a former Survivor castaway.

In any case, The View is running out of time if it wants a permanent Star sub. The show will go on hiatus Aug. 4 and returns Sept. 5, with another new face as Rosie O'Donnell's takes over for the Today show-bound Meredith Vieira.

As for Reynolds, she's not wasting any time getting back to work. She's set to guest host HGTV's House Hunters all next week.

OK -- now I think I will watch The View! This will be SO MUCH FUN! Rosie, Shannen, Barbara, Joy & that twit Elizabeth. Talk about a b****fest!

Shannon on the View WOULD be interesting. Especially if she spoke her mind! I would tune in!

Doherty Holds Back Tears As She Remembers Spelling Reformed Hollywood wildchild Shannen Doherty fought back tears as she fondly remembered TV mogul Aaron Spelling on US TV last night. The actress, who starred in two of the late producer's TV creations - Beverly Hills, 90210 and Charmed - took time out of promoting her new reality show Breaking Up With Shannen Doherty to remember Spelling, who died last month. Appearing on TV show Entertainment Tonight, Doherty was visibly moved as she fondly recalled the man who helped make her famous when she was still a teenager. She said, "We lost a great man. I certainly lost a man who was special to me. He helped me significantly and brought me two great shows... I grew up a lot with him. We definitely loved one another; it didn't mean we didn't fight, we did, but there was always love behind it. He did a lot for a lot of people."

Doherty faces off with tabloidMeanwhile, Spelling’s former “90210” co-star Shannen Doherty is distraught about a report that she may have had “drastic” plastic surgery.This weekend, Doherty was shown a tabloid cover story speculating that she had an “extreme makeover,” and the former Hollywood bad girl burst into tears. Doherty was so upset by the report that production of her show “Breaking Up With Shannen Doherty” had to be halted because she was “sobbing uncontrollably,” she says. “If you didn’t have [plastic surgery] and they’re saying that you did, then it’s embarrassing and humiliating,” Doherty said on “The View,” even offering to be examined by a plastic surgeon who she said would confirm her claim. She also said that she retained a lawyer and was “willing to put as much money behind a lawsuit as humanly possible, just to sort of teach [the tab] a lesson,” but was told by the lawyer that the tab had protected itself legally with careful wording.

I'm torn on this one. Looking at the photos, what strikes me is how much older she looks. She looks like someone who has drank too much and eaten too little in order to remain thin. Their skin ages faster, especially in the throat, and that's what I see when I look at her. If she had a make over, wouldn't she look better, not older and aged? In that sense, I tend to believe her on this one. But then she's Hollywood so who knows.

Newsmakers: Shannen Doherty

Newsweek

Aug. 21-28, 2006 issue - The star of "Beverly Hills 90210" and "Charmed" is back with a new show on Oxygen called "Breaking Up With Shannen Doherty." She spoke with NEWSWEEK's Nicki Gostin. Very briefly. We stand by our reporter. But it would be only fair to say that other celebrities, Jerry Lewis among them, have seriously considered doing what Doherty does here.

Hi, Shannen, how are you?

Shannen Doherty: I'm good, thank you. I'm unpacking from New York. I can't stand unpacking.

Can't you get your maid to do it?

No! I'm a normal person. My housekeeper has better things to do.

Tell me about your new show.

I help relationships come to an end or sometimes help them go to the next level. It can be boyfriend or girlfriend, or if you want to quit your job.

Haven't you had some bad breakups? You tried to run over a boyfriend a long time ago, right?

No, and if that's the way you're going with this then I'd rather not even do the interview.

I just think it's funny.

I am not going to have things rehashed from 15 years ago. I'm not going to combat lies. I can already tell what's going to be in your article.

But—

Let me hang up and call my publicist and then we'll reconvene, because I'm not going down this path.

—CLICK *

Doherty did not call back. NEWSWEEK's questions about being a Republican in Hollywood, horseback riding and, of course, "90210" will have to keep.

Doherty puts people skills to work in 'Breaking Up'This much we know: With her checkered past and all-around prickly manner, Shannen Doherty breaks up like nobody else.And one can certainly make the argument that Doherty has been needlessly (some might even say selfishly) restricting her relationship-ending skills to herself. But in tandem with Oxygen, the "Beverly Hills, 90210" and "Charmed" star has figured out a way to help others help themselves when it comes to sending that oaf packing.Thus was born "Breaking Up With Shannen Doherty," which isn't just a series title but also a popular sport in Hollywood. Except that as host and exec producer of this venture, Doherty now gets to have an active hand in the breaking up and help her fellow woman find the strength to do what needs to be done.The half-hour series' propaganda materials indicate that "Breaking Up" won't merely take the case of women but also men who want to make clean breaks, contrary to the whole dynamic of Oxygen being a women-only network. And it's also designed to come to the aid of those not just in need of removal from toxic romantic relationships but situations involving friends and work associates as well.The mere snippet supplied for review shows that the series (which will air back-to-back episodes on Tuesday night) will involve hidden cameras and ambush, with Doherty watching a strained interaction off-camera and then marching in to do the deed at the point where she can't stand to hear another word. It's contrived and superficial and all-around lame. As for Doherty, she appears to have found her true calling. Boogie on, breakup woman. Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Shannen Doherty

The Breaking Up star gives us some tough love – and sheds a few tears

By Carrie Borzillo-Vrenna

She's been through two divorces – from Ashley Hamilton in 2004 and an annulment from Rick Solomon in 2002 – and now she's ending things on TV. In Oxygen's Breaking Up with Shannen Doherty, the former Beverly Hills, 90210 bad girl, 35, is filling the role of interventionist for real-life couples. "It's like therapy," she tells us. "Fun therapy." Doherty recently shared with PEOPLE some of her expert observations.

Is this your softer side?

Sometimes I'm soft and sometimes I'm not. It depends. There was one breakup with a guy who kept putting down his girlfriend, telling her she's fat. And I was just like, "Oh my God. Are you kidding?" He had to back off.

So are we seeing a new part of Shannen Doherty?

I hope so. I had an image created for me, but I went with it because it was like having a wall around me and nobody ever really knowing me. I was protected. But the disservice I did to myself in the long run was gigantic. It still affects you. I knew it wasn't me but everyone else thinks it's me.

But in the show you almost still do play into that persona of being a bitch.

I'm never really a bitch on the show to anyone. It's tough love. It's saying, "Don’t do this in your next relationship. Don't call someone fat. Don’t be so hard on someone."

Are you always breaking up with a jerk, or do some innocent nice guys get the shaft?

We actually had a marriage proposal on our show. They'd been living together for years, and he had this fear of commitment. He thought that when you get married you start driving an SUV and wearing a fanny pack. I just did my follow-up interview with both of them. They are on cloud nine. He made her ring for her. It took him four days to pound this quarter out. It was so sweet.

Have you cried?

I have. … I am relating. I can look at [the dumpees] and say, "I've been here. I know what you're feeling right now." It's not like we do it and we dump them off. We offer therapy for free. We have an on-staff psychiatrist and we do the follow-up calls later.

You've had many breakups, but is there one in particular that you use as inspiration for this show?

Unfortunately, for me, almost all of my breakups have been fairly public. [Laughs] I don't think there's any specific one I can go into where people would go, "Ooh, that's new." Breakups are breakups. It's hard either way. Very few are gonna be like, "Oh great. I'm so glad you broke up with me."

Do you find it hard not to give advice when the cameras stop rolling?

No. It's the opposite. Now, when my friends ask me for advice, I'm like, "I'm so tapped out." The funny thing is I don't even think I could have a relationship right now because I'm so exhausted from it.

I thought you had a boyfriend?

Oh my God, no. I haven’t had a date in forever.

You've joked about doing a follow-up show called Hooking Up with Shannen Doherty. Any reality to that?

I really want to do it. I registered it. I like the idea of hooking up the dumped with others who were dumped. There are so many great people who have been broken up with.

Tori Spelling: Shannen Doherty, Jennie Garth Had Fistfight

Tori Spelling dishes the dirt on her former "90210"co-stars Shannen Doherty, Jennie Garth and Luke Berry in her upcoming autobiography -- even revealing that Doherty and Garth once had a fistfight.

"Shannen had everything, but she could be arrogant and carefree. Jennie [Garth] was outspoken when she thought Shannen was out of line. Sometimes they got along, but there were explosions. Once they got into a fistfight," she writes in excerpts revealed to People magazine.

She also confirms Doherty's bad-girl reputation.

"A night with [shannen] meant going to the hottest club and drinking until the early hours. I knew she was a 'bad influence,' but I liked her anyway."

She also says Perry used to call her "camel."

"As for Luke Perry, he called me 'Camel' because I had long eyelashes. Trust me, Luke Perry can call you 'Camel' and make it sexy."

And finally, she admits that it wasn't only Donna who had a crush on David, aka Brian Austin Green.

"I had an insta-crush on Brian Austin Green. Brian was the only guy on the show my age. We had something going over the years we worked together. We were always fighting, making up, having fun and hating each other. We were just young."