princess

Emma Watson

Posted Image

CUT IT OUT

Emma Watson offers a sexy side view in a Hakaan minidress while arriving at the 2011 ELLE style awards at the Grand Connaught Rooms Hotel in London Monday night.

Hermione would not approve: Emma Watson announces she is taking time off from university to focus on acting and fashion

By Andrea Magrath

9th March 2011

She became a household name playing extraordinarily intelligent bookworm Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter franchise.

But Emma Watson has made a decision that her alter ego would certainly not approve of - she is postponing her studies at Brown university in Rhode Island to focus on her career.

The 20-year-old star made the announcement on her website today, telling fans that juggling the two has become 'a little impossible'.

She wrote: 'I've decided to take a bit of time off to completely finish my work on Harry Potter [the last one comes out this summer] and to focus on my other professional and acting projects.

'I will still be working towards my degree... it’s just going to take me a semester or two longer than I thought.

'As you know, I love Brown and I love studying pretty much more than anything but recently I've had so much to juggle that being a student AND fulfilling my other commitments has become a little impossible.'

Emma jetted back into Heathrow from the U.S. last week, and was also in London throughout the Bafta party season last month.

Brown university is currently in the middle of its semester, which runs from January 26 to May 29, with a spring recess later this month.

Emma's London spokesperson declined to elaborate on whether the actress has already pulled out of classes or if the break will commence after this term wraps up.

However judging by her current jetsetting, the former is more likely.

Fashion career: Emma recently released her most recent People Tree collection, and she just announced a collaboration with designer Alberta Ferretti

Emma is busy working on a number of fashion projects before she turns her attention to the Harry Potter promotion trail in the summer.

Last week she announced a new collaboration with designer Alberta Ferretti.

The line, called Pure Threads by Emma Watson Alberta Ferretti, is eco-friendly, like her People Tree collections.

The Italian designer revealed why she chose the gamine star to join forces with. 'She’s an actress I’ve followed since her early days,' she told Women's Wear Daily.

'I like her freshness, her spontaneity and simplicity.'

Miss Watson added: 'I believe this is a big step forward for all of the international fashion industry, but also an important step for an increased sensitivity to the problem of ecology.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...l#ixzz1GgqodMSt

Every time her thread comes up I get strangely nervous. I really want her to not turn into a train wreck!

Edited by dixiedoodah

Every time her thread comes up I get strangely nervous. I really want her to not turn into a train wreck!

Me too!! I'm really rooting for her.