princess

Hugh Jackman

Hugh Jackman's Scarlett 'Blessing'

Hugh Jackman has given Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds his "blessing" to get married.

The 'X-Men' star - who admits he is "protective" of the 23-year-old actress after starring alongside her in 'Scoop' and 'The Prestige' - couldn't think of a better match for Scarlett.

He told TV show 'Entertainment Tonight Canada': "Ryan Reynolds is one of the funniest guys I've ever met. And we had a really good chat about his girlfriend, because I'm very fond of Scarlett.

"Both my wife Deborra-Lee Furness and I are very proprietary about Scarlett, but Ryan gets a big thumbs up from me! I'm giving my blessing - Ryan is phenomenal."

Scarlett, 23, has been dating the 'Definitely, Maybe' star for around a year.

It was recently reported Scarlett was moving into Ryan's Los Angeles home even though her mother didn't approve.

Source: people.monstersandcritics.com

From today's "Awful Truth"

Dear Ted:

My sister and I were just discussing the trailer for the movie Australia, which led us to a discussion of Hugh Jackman, which led me to wonder: Has Hugh ever been the subject of one of your Blind Vices?

—Em

Dear Daring Down Under:

Has he ever.

Which bf course begs the question... which blind vice?

Maybe Toothy?

Um, no.

I can't believe there are actually people out there who don't think that Jake is Toothy :blink:

Hugh is a popular guess for one about being in love with his assistant, and probably a few others--can't remember right now which items were Ted and which were other gossipers......

Maybe Toothy?

Um, no.

I can't believe there are actually people out there who don't think that Jake is Toothy :blink:

Hugh is a popular guess for one about being in love with his assistant, and probably a few others--can't remember right now which items were Ted and which were other gossipers......

Just too awesome not to be gay!

Maybe Toothy?

Um, no.

Yeah! I guess I'm in denial. And also, Ted said there was a baby tile. But I'm sure Jake could have a baby and we have just never seen it.

Maybe Toothy?

Um, no.

I saw him on Broadway in The Boy from Oz (The Peter Allen story). He blew me away!! That's when my mind opened to the possibility that he could be gay. Then he marries a much-older woman AND adopts their kids. That pretty much seals it for me. Lots of gay men are extremely macho without a trace of femininity. So it's really possible that Hugh could be gay. IMO.

Yeah, not that this proves anything, but I saw him walking down (or up, I guess) Central Park West a couple of years ago and at first I didn't recognize him, but just thought, "that's a great looking gay guy." It was only as we passed each other that I did a double take and realised it was him. But, just everything about the way he was carrying himself, wearing his clothes... it wasn't effeminate per se but definitely gay.

I'm just curious about what BV is about him since most things I read about make him out to be just an all 'round great guy and I wonder if he's doing anything naughty or simply living life in the closet (which I consider sad but not at all naughty).

I'm just curious about what BV is about him since most things I read about make him out to be just an all 'round great guy and I wonder if he's doing anything naughty or simply living life in the closet (which I consider sad but not at all naughty).

Searching by name, way too many items we've guessed him for came up, but I seem to recall it wasn't a "bad" blind item, just a closeted item.

Thanks, Hoya. Glad he's doing nothing worse than playing smoke & mirrors with his sexual orientation. (Although, of course, my preference would be that he just live out in the open.) I need to believe that not EVERYONE in Hollywood is a scumball. <_<

I sort of feel about Hugh and his wife the way I feel about Travolta and Kelly--he loves her, loves the family and being a father, but isn't sexually interested in her and might have other relationships and/or flings on the side. I don't see any of that sort of emotion between Tom Cruise and Katie, for example--which I would consider much more a "traditional" bearding possibly contract situation.

I think Tommy had something like it with Nicole but she was much more personally ambitious than Kelly or Debbra.

Hugh Jackman: The Sexiest Man Alive

A romantic in a hard body, the Aussie star leaves women saying "Oh ... my ... God"

Posted Image

He's a triple threat: a star who can sing, dance and wield a weapon.

At 6 ft. 2 in., all scruff and biceps, Hugh Jackman looms large in the epic Australia, which he says kept him "dirty 95 percent of the time" and left people stammering, "Oh ... my ... God," according to costar Nicole Kidman, who adds, "Women's jaws drop when Hugh walks into a room."

Jackman's wife of 12 years, Deborra-Lee Furness, calls his perfect form "the Body of Doom – but I like what's inside": a romantic who sings ballads at home and makes pancakes for Oscar, 8, and Ava, 3. A hard body with a soft center – 2008's Sexiest Man Alive sat down with PEOPLE's Elizabeth Leonard and Julie Jordan to reveal most of his secrets.

You turned 40 Oct. 12 and now you're the Sexiest Man Alive. What was your wife's response?

God bless her, she said, "I could've told them that years ago!" And then she said, "Obviously, Brad wasn't available this year." And I said, "That was a joke, right?"

Your marriage is a success story.

In my early 20s, I didn't have a regular girlfriend. I was single and really happy about it. And then when I was 26, I met Deb on [the Australian TV show] Correlli. She was my leading lady. It was just undeniable. I started planning to propose to her at about three months. We are happy. Deb and my kids have been the best things that have ever happened to me, without a doubt.

How do you keep the passion alive?

It's easy with my wife. She loves the idea of me coming home in costume because it makes her feel like she's having an affair in a good way. When we met, I was cast as a prisoner with tattoos and she'd say, "Don't take your tattoos off tonight!" and I'd be like, "All right!" But what works best with her is the stockbroker look. She also says, "Do your sexy dance for me," [an '80s-like, hip-swiveling number] and that works for me.

Are you self-conscious about any body part?

When I was younger, I had chicken legs. My nickname was Sticks.

What part do people like best?

My smile. Lately my pecs. I'm being honest!

What do you wear to bed?

I didn't wear anything until my daughter was born and we had a night nanny because I was working. I walked out stark naked, and she was reading a book. Now I like boxer briefs.

Posted Image

FIRST GIRLFRIEND

"Martine Craswell, in kindergarten. My dad said, 'Oh, I always knew you were romantic because you were running in a race and Martine fell over and you stopped and went back and picked her up.' Chivalry was there."

FIRST KISS

"With Sarah Dowsett when I was 9. I was going from a coed school to a boys' school and I thought, 'If I don't kiss a girl before I go to this school, I won't get to kiss a girl.' And my friend goes, 'Sarah Dowsett kisses. I kissed her once.' So I said to Sarah, 'I want you to know that I love you.' And she said, 'I love you too.' And I said, 'Do you want to go down to the bush and kiss?' She said yes. It was just [he purses his lips]. I remember thinking, 'What is this all about?' Then, when I had my first tongue kiss, I thought, 'What the hell is this?' "

FIRST LEARNED ABOUT SEX

"When I was 9, Scott Whitehead, who lived down the road, had an older brother who had Penthouse magazines. I was kind of shocked."

Jackman: Houdini on Broadway

Harry Houdini—magician, spy, object of fascination—is coming to Broadway.

Last night at 20th Century Fox’s swellicious premiere of “Australia” at the Plaza Hotel, the talk was of the movie’s Hugh Jackman starring in the Broadway musical of Houdini’s life.

Danny Elfman, once the leader of pop group Oingo Boingo and now often a composer of movie scores, is writing the music. Kurt Andersen, a former magazine editor and current radio host here in New York, is said to be working on the script although no one’s seen anything yet.

The main thing is that Hugh is already working on magic routines. The show, when it materializes, would include Jackman replicating big Houdini tricks on stage. Hugh has already played a magician in the movie, “The Prestige,” so he’s up for it. Magician extraordinaire Ricky Jay is said to be giving him advice. At some point the producers may reach out to David Blaine and to Cirque du Soleil for help.

Hugh is right on his game these days, what with “Australia” about to hit America like a tsunami. He also has his “Wolverine” movie, and most likely an “X-Men 4.”

After the “Australia” premiere last night, Hugh worked The Plaza, which Fox took over as if it were the grand old days. The party stretched from the Palm Court all the way back through the front ballroom, up the stairs on to the mezzanine and into the second floor lobby. “Australia” director Baz Luhrmann, a classy gent, was there with wife Catherine Martin, the movie’s certain to be Oscar nominated costumer, as well as clutches of show biz types from Lauren Bacall and son Sam Robards to director Terry George to Olivia Newton-John, Moby, Regis and Joy Philbin, Broadway star Tovah Feldshuh, Penn Badgley and Blake Lively from “Gossip Girl,” Helena Christensen, Lydia Hearst Shaw (she’s Patty Hearst’s daughter), Alicia Witt, Kelsey and Camille Grammer, Katie Lee Joel, who just came in off the road while husband Billy continues to tour, and even Leonardo Di Caprio’s mom, Irmelin, who accepted many kudos from those of us who’ve already seen her son in “Revolutionary Road.”

Of course, there were plenty people associated with Fox, too, including Rupert and Wendi Murdoch, Jim Gianapolous, and Tom Rothman, all happy with not only “Australia” but Danny Boyle’s “Slumdog Millionaire,” too, which comes from Fox Searchlight. If “Slumdog Millionaire” wins the Oscar for Best Picture—and I do think it’s very possible—you read it here first.

And did I mention Nicole Kidman, resplendent in black and gold, on the arm of husband Keith Urban? I’m hard pressed to think of a more beautiful movie star, harkening back to the golden era of films. She looked lovely, was able to walk tall alongside Keith, and talked to everyone.

Baz Luhrmann told me later, “With Hugh as her co-star, Nicole didn’t have to stand in a ditch or have her leading man stand on a box. They are well suited to each other.”

They sure are: “Australia” is like a throwback to big star movies of the 1960s, It’s fun, it’s serious, it’s epic, grand, and sweeping in its imagination. There’s a little too much CGI for my purposes, but I think young audiences today don’t mind that so much. They will like that for two and a half hours, “Australia” never cools down. If this were the 1960s, “Australia” would have been playing at the old UA Rivoli on Broadway, the place where “Sound of Music” and “Gone with the Wind” or “Cleopatra” or “The Grapes of Wrath” made their debuts.

(BANG) -

Hugh Jackman used to go to gay clubs - to hit on drunk women.

The 'X-Men' actor says he and his best friend used to frequent the nightspots as teenagers so they could prey on unsuspecting girls.

He said: "I probably shouldn't be saying this, but I remember when I was about 19, me and my friend used to go to these dance parties which were 80 per cent gay guys, 18 per cent girls who were sick of heterosexual guys hitting on them, and then vultures like me and my mate.

"We would go there until two in the morning, when the girls were really drunk and wishing they weren't with 80 percent gay guys.

"I'm the worst kind of straight guy. The leech! The vulture!"

The actor was recently crowned People magazine's Sexiest Man Alive and already has his eye on next year's crown.

He added to MTV: "I'm not resting, mate. I'm not a one-term winner here. I want two terms, three, four, something like that. Brad Pitt's had two but never back-to-back. That's my goal."

(BANG) -

Hugh Jackman used to go to gay clubs - to hit on drunk women.

Sounds like a pre-emptive strike - is an "I saw Hugh at a gay club" story about to hit?