Sign in to follow this  
princess

Ellen Pompeo

CRIMINAL PAST OF 'GREY'S ANATOMY' STAR'S LOVER

December 27, 2005

Provided by: Enquirer

By JIM NELSON

Posted Image

Beautiful Grey's Anatomy star Ellen Pompeo has a live-in lover with a shocking past — he's an ex-con, The National Enquirer can reveal. The actress — who has become a break-out star from her role as Dr. Meredith Grey on the hit TV show — has been dating former jailbird Christopher Ivery for several years.

Ellen, who made her name in steamy sex scenes with Leonardo DiCaprio in the film Catch Me If You Can, has not spoken publicly about her beau's criminal past. But documents from U.S. District Court in Boston disclose Ivery pleaded guilty in 1994 to postal theft and credit card fraud and was sentenced to 18 months in prison.

Then, age 26 and living in Revere, Mass., he was the subject of another arrest warrant when he apparently missed a court date following the sentencing. U.S. District Court Judge William B. Young issued the warrant and the court recommended that Ivery enter an "intensive confinement/ shock incarceration" program at prison, apparently to impress upon him the seriousness of his crimes.

Ivery, now 37, presently works as a music producer in L.A. and lives with Ellen, 36. Upon meeting, they discovered they were both from the Boston area — Ellen grew up in Everett, Mass., less than 10 minutes from Ivery's hometown of Cambridge, she said.

From Grey's thread:

Kristin of E!

Not only did he show us die-hard fans of Grey's Anatomy a nasty side of our beloved Dr. Meredith Grey (Ellen Pompeo) we didn't want to see while Punking her, he also

Wow, sounds like she's kinda a bitch...

Caught a rerun, yikes! She is a major bitch! Talking shit about her waitress from the get-go as soon as she sat down. The waitress called her boyfriend "sweetie" and the insults just started coming out of Ellen as soon as waitress walked away. Talking about stabing her with her fork and everything, but as soon as the waitress came back she acted all sweet. Well, not sweet maybe - but not physco either. Yikes. :ph34r:

[added]

She also had on a long flowy white moo-moo. She obviously has image issues from the way she was bashing the waitress for her looks, talking about how the waitress had on so much makeup and she should get onto a bus for Vegas. What a piece of work Ellen is. -_- And her accent makes her sound like the character Mike Myers does from Coffee Talk, the impression of his mother in law.

Edited by princess

Yeah I watched it too. It was kind of depressing how mean she is when her character is such a sweetie. Oh well, that's the joy of being an observer of the celebrities... I can think what I want about them and it will never matter. I'm choosing to believe she was having a hard day and she's actually just like Merideth. :DI noticed the flowy moo-moo too. I'm thinking in a few months she'll be in rehab for an eating disorder. She makes Ally McBeal look fat.

I saw Punk'd & was really surprised at what a bitch she is like in real life. That waitress/actress (even though she was in on it) didn't say or do anything to merit the reaction she got from Ellen. Ellen came off like a jealous, insecure bitch. :rolleyes: Her boyfriend sure ruined her reputation! I will never think of her the same way again after watching that episode of Punk'd. Atleast these 2 sound like a perfect match. Two :wacko: :wacko: :D

Yeah I watched it too.  It was kind of depressing how mean she is when her character is such a sweetie.  Oh well, that's the joy of being an observer of the celebrities... I can think what I want about them and it will never matter.  I'm choosing to believe she was having a hard day and she's actually just like Merideth. :DI noticed the flowy moo-moo too.  I'm thinking in a few months she'll be in rehab for an eating disorder.  She makes Ally McBeal look fat.

She is REALLY, *disturbingly* thin. And she was so beautiful when she had more meat on her bones. It makes me sad like old pics of Lara Flynn Boyle (circa Twin Peaks, when she was gorgeous) doSounds like she came off terribly in Punk'd - I'm surprised she agreed to let it air! I always assumed the bitchy celebs refused to consent to let the prank show on TV. Edited by soho2chelsea

Thats a good point about her signing the release, she could have refused. I've heard other celebritys have refused to sign & then they cannot air the footage. Of course, it doesn't stop the information from being leaked.

I didn't see it but I love Meredith so I hope maybe EP was just having a bad day. I have to say that if someone flirts with my bf (my impression is that the waitress was flirting with her bf?) I get REALLY mad too. I hate girls who do that. So I couldn't blame her if she got really pissed off; calling another girl's bf "sweetie" is totally inappropriate. But, like I said, I didn't see it so I cannot judge.I think I will also choose to believe that it was a fluke and that she is really more like Meredith in real life. It will just make the show more enjoyable for me to believe that she is sweet.

Kristin of E!

Met her this morning and despite any Punk'd ugliness you may have witnessed, I can tell you that she is genuinely sweet in person.

Had to share.

Methinks Kristin got paid for a bit of damage control.... Or Ellen's smart enough to know where her bread is buttered....

Kirstin of E!Posted: Jan 27, 2006 11:32 AM Whoopsie! Forgot to post the full interview up here last night, as I promised in the column. Sorry!Here it is:KV: I WANTED TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT PUNK’D AND HOW YOU’RE GONNA GET ASHTON BACK. AND I’M ASSUMING YOUR BOYFRIEND WAS IN ON THAT?EP: Yeah, he was completely in on that! And you know, I know that he knows Ashton and so I had sort of said to him months ago ‘You know, don’t ever try to punk me’ and he said ‘Oh, you know, I know, well we’ll just have to see.’ And so it’s really funny because he had said to me the day before ‘Are you excited about your day off? We’re gonna have a great day off. I’m gonna take you on a romantic lunch and we’re gonna have a romantic Saturday’ and I thought ‘Oh, how nice’ and you know, when I was in the shower, he was getting wired. They were in my house, wiring him, and I was in the shower and I had no idea. And he started taking me to this restaurant really close to where we work, and I said ‘Why would you be taking me to a block from where I spend 87 hours a week for lunch? Can’t we go in the opposite direction? Can’t we go toward Beverly Hills? Somewhere nice?’ And I couldn’t figure out why he was taking me to this place that I order takeout from every day. So, as tired as I am, I immediately started getting cranky. And then, the funny thing about the Punk’d was two things: I don’t think from the episode that you could really tell how much she was flirting with him. They cut a lot of it. I mean, she was really touching him and batting her eyes at him. See, you can’t see that, because where the cameras are, they’re not on her. They’re sort of far back. So, it was really much more heightened when she was right up close to him, looking at him like this. I couldn’t believe it! But then, you know, three quarters of the way through, I figured it out. But they cut that out, and you’ll never know that. KV: OH, THAT’S FUNNY…EP: Yeah, because it sort of was a cumulative thing. You know, her behavior was very strange, the place was very strange. You know, then I sort of started [figuring it out]. She didn’t look like a waitress in Los Feliz. You know, she looked more like a Beverly Hills waitress. She had a lot of makeup on. And it sort of started to add up. And then I started seeing the vans across the street with the smoked out windows and I thought ‘Ooh, now it’s all starting to come together. But, you know, your initial reaction is to be very upset. But then when you see them all jump out at the end, you see how much effort they’ve all put in to this. You feel like a huge spoiled sport to not sign the release. KV: I DON’T KNOW IF I WOULD’VE SIGNED.EP: Here’s what I think: I think that as actors we have a tendency to take ourselves very seriously and for me, I think, for my craft, to be the best actor that I can be, I think to try to be human is a lifelong struggle, and I think celebrity and fame takes you out of that human experience and I never wanna lose touch with that. And the Punk’d, it’s actually a great way to get a dose of humility. Humility is not a bad thing for an actor. To see yourself, how you behave in a situation and are you happy with the way you’ve behaved in a situation. Was I happy with the way I behaved? You know, I thought, at the end of the day, I was still nice to her. You know, I may have had my ‘woman’ moment, but I still was polite to her and I think it’s OK for me to have a gag pulled on me, so I don’t take myself too seriously.KV: CAN YOU WATCH IT AND LAUGH?EP: Yah, I do laugh. Also, you know, my boyfriend has a very sort of [unintelligible] sense of humor and what he thinks is funny. He loves violent movies and we have this sort of running joke between us about these violent movies. He gets a real big kick out of them. You know, like Scarface. There’s this one Steven Seagal movie where he breaks somebody’s nose with a pool ball and he always laughs at the scene. So we have this sort of running joke. I always say ‘Why do you laugh at violence? Why do you think violence is funny?’ So I sort of try to tease him with that, so the ‘sticking the knife in the clavicle’ and all that, I was really just trying to make him laugh. KV: I HAVE TO ASK YOU ABOUT YOUR ACCENT. HOW DO YOU HIDE THAT BOSTON ACCENT SO WELL? YOU WOULD NEVER GUESS THAT YOU’RE FROM BOSTON.EP: Thank you so much. I work so hard. I’m very conscious of it all the time, and you know, my boyfriend is from Cambridge Massachusetts. He has a very thick accent also and he’s not an actor so he doesn’t have to watch his accent. So when I’m with him, it really sort of comes out. You know, cause all my guard is down. But I am conscious of it, because I think people have to believe me as the different characters, so if they heard that Boston accent all the time, that might be too much of a reminder of who I am, and not who the character is.

I don’t think from the episode that you could really tell how much she was flirting with him. They cut a lot of it. But then, you know, three quarters of the way through, I figured it out. But they cut that out, and you’ll never know that. Was I happy with the way I behaved? You know, I thought, at the end of the day, I was still nice to her. You know, I may have had my ‘woman’ moment, but I still was polite to her my boyfriend ...loves violent movies and we have this sort of running joke between us about these violent movies. He gets a real big kick out of them.

*cough*bullshit*cough*

:wacko: She needs to eat!

I truly have a relative like that. She is skinny and take some form of medication to maintain her weight. It's weir - All I have to do is look at food and I gain weight.She looked beautiful in that dress.

rosiedemarioGREY'S ANATOMY star ELLEN POMPEO is frustrated by the way her character in the show is written and finds it a struggle to shoot her scenes.The star, who plays DR MEREDITH GREY, is discouraged because she has no input intoher character's storyline.She explains, "I just show up and say my lines. There's no collaboration on the characters and the writing. "This is a 9-to-5 job. I have to show up and say what they write."Something I say a lot is, 'Why does she keep making these stupid mistakes? She's smart enough to make it through medical school, but she can't figure out that she shouldn't be sleeping with strangers.' "My biggest fear about doing a series television show is that I would be bored. But at the same time, there are episodes where I struggle with the choices that Meredith makes." [PRI]

She always looks so tired on the show.And then I realized, she just looks baked in real life.

I have noticed on the show that her teeth are very grey looking (not just the name!) which to me screams eating disorder. I do love the show so much I find it hard to dislike anyone involved in it though!

I think that woman is sick. She throws up...look at her teeth, and then look at her skeletal body. I do not find this one iota attractive. She's the kind who would throw up a couple of cheetos. I had a roommate like that, and it was just awful. She ran 10 miles a day too. She also ate all my food and threw it all up. She looked just like this girl, down to the body and teeth.

She also ate all my food and threw it all up.

I think that would piss me off the most.

She also ate all my food and threw it all up.

I think that would piss me off the most.
I would come home and there would be money on the counter and the fridge would be cleared out. I'd have to go to the store and buy stuff for dinner, because she literally ate everything in the house. Luckily, it was my condo and I kicked her out after 4 months. She was ASTOUNDED when I told her I couldn't take her throwing up anymore. She had the NERVE to look at me with innocent eyes and say, I just have a lot of people over while you're at work. OH, OK.