Sign in to follow this  
princess

Whoopi Goldberg

09.05.2007 WHOOPI DEFENDS MIKE VICK

http://www.wwtdd.com/

(By the way, Mike Vick is from Newport News, Virginia, which is about about 2 hours from Washington DC. Since when is that considered the "Deep South"?)

Virginia is still the south(myself born)...I mean the state has very rural areas and still has voted Republican...so how more backwards they need to be(kidding my Republican Chitchatters). Anyways, not cool of the article to equate lynchings with dog fighting/abuse. Dog fighting was legal at some point in this country, and is still legal in parts of the world...last I checked lynchings aren't and never were legal...just the system let people get away with them. :rolleyes:

09.05.2007 WHOOPI DEFENDS MIKE VICK

http://www.wwtdd.com/

(By the way, Mike Vick is from Newport News, Virginia, which is about about 2 hours from Washington DC. Since when is that considered the "Deep South"?)

Virginia is still the south(myself born)...I mean the state has very rural areas and still has voted Republican...so how more backwards they need to be(kidding my Republican Chitchatters). Anyways, not cool of the article to equate lynchings with dog fighting/abuse. Dog fighting was legal at some point in this country, and is still legal in parts of the world...last I checked lynchings aren't and never were legal...just the system let people get away with them. :rolleyes:

Thanks BobbyD. I know Virginia (Farmville born & raised). Things can be 'uncongenial'.

Edited by MissuTam

Vick is being wrongly targeted for participating in a sport.

Three things:

- it should not be considered sport

- I hate to say it, but I don't think the dogs were the concern -- the gambling was. Vick still faces state charges for running a gambling ring.

- he was not wrongly targeted, maybe he should not be the only one targeted, but he was guilty and pled guilty. Police run "sting" operations all the time -- it does not make the police guilty of wrongly targeting someone.

I think he was targeted...before I get yelled at...let me clarify, why...LOL!

This is a rich, successful, young man. This is was one of the talented faces of the NFL. This is also a black man. As a person of color, we know that no matter where we go...no matter what we do, we will all be looked at differently and more closely than people who aren't of color(that's just life in America). This in no way excuses his hideous actions to dogs(I am a die hard pet lover). His buddies(who were also black) told on him and he should now know that he needs to keep his hoodie friends out of his inner circle.

But he must know, like many of us do, that of course he will be looked at under a microscope because of his status and his color. I know the argument is because people of color commit all the crimes(according to Faux News)...I can't buy into that racist thought....I will admit that many of us haven't learned that yes, we will be profiled, arrested more times, incarcerated more times, then anyone else who committed the same crime, then the people who have access to rehab, a publicist, a kick ass lawyer, a singing career, mummy and daddy...or whatever means to avoid or commute a sentence.

Please don't think I am saying he was unfairly targeted...But targeted regardless. And he was a dumbass for not living a better life not realizing that he is always being watched for a fall. Dumbass getting busted for friggin' dogfighting...just a dumbass! :angry:

Well, BobbyD, you know I won't be yelling at you considering that I was saying pretty much the same thing. He was certainly targeted. I don't think it's a bad thing, as it'll hopefully give exposure to a very negative activity that needs to be stopped, IMO, but I do think they were going after someone of whom they could make an example.

I don't think I agree with him being targeted. This whole thing started because his cousin was pulled over and they found marijuana in his car, went to where his cousin was living (Vick's house) to see if he was growing it and it took off from there.

Without knowing all the circumstances, I would say the cousin was targeted, but not Michael Vick.

Edited by branchop

‘View’ co-hosts bicker over kids out of wedlock

Hasselbeck, Goldberg argue whether unmarried parents have to be rich

MSNBC.com

Access Hollywood

NEW YORK - Rosie O’Donnell may have left “The View” more than four months ago, but even without the vocal former co-host in residence, things managed to get heated with Elisabeth Hasselbeck.

This time, it was the woman in Rosie’s old chair, Whoopi Goldberg, who got into a verbal sparring match with the conservative former “Survivor” star over the topic of having children out of wedlock.

During the debate, Elisabeth suggested having children out of wedlock was tough and potentially offensive to at least one segment of the population.

“Here’s the problem with it though . . . this is a big trend now — you have people who are cohabitating and bringing children into the world,” Hasselbeck said. “If you owned a car company for instance, you wouldn’t rent somebody a car without a contract and you wouldn’t sign up for a phone without a lease.”

Hasselbeck then began quoting literature she said she obtained from the Urban Institute in reference to children of parents who cohabitate, suggesting they are “more likely to experience marital hardships such as poverty and food security.” Before reading those stats however, Hasselbeck made sure to note the organization was non-partisan.

“There are people in the gay community who wanna be married to be able to protect their children and have insurance rights and if I were them I’d be pissed right now because people who have the right [to marry] are choosing not to,” Elisabeth later said.

Hasselbeck then seemed to flip-flop, suggesting Halle Berry and Gabriel Aubry couldn’t be offensive for not marrying because they are “rich.”

“Also, you have to remove Halle Berry and whoever she’s with out of the circumstance because they’re in the ‘because I’m rich’ category and can do this. If they didn’t have the money that they have, you have issues when it comes to not being married with children.”

Whoopi quickly jumped in as Elisabeth wrapped up her point, saying she previously was part of the population Elisabeth referred to — those with little money and unwed.

“I was not married with children,” she stated. “I totally disagree and I think you are very young to have such a strong idea.”

Hasselbeck quickly responded noting she is “30 years old.”

The conversation then continued about raising children without money.

“I didn’t have any money,” Whoopi continued.

Elisabeth retorted suggesting it was probably easier on the former “Ghost” actress when she found herself with plenty of funds.

“It wasn’t easy with money,” Whoopi stated. “It’s not easy raising kids.”

Copyright 2007 by NBC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

WKTU cans Whoopi Goldberg

After almost 16 months of only modest listenership, Whoopi Goldberg's morning radio show has been canceled by WKTU (103.5 FM).

A memo circulated to the WKTU staff late yesterday said the station will stop carrying Goldberg's nationally syndicated show as of this morning. Launched on July 31, 2006, the radio show was intended to be a less strident alternative to "shock jock" and Morning Zoo radio.

But it never found a big audience and didn't crack the top 10 in New York.

nydailynews.com

WHOOPI GOLDBERG hates the holiday season, because it sends her into a terrible depression. The actress/comedian is completely apathetic about Christmas and can't wait for the festivities to pass. She says, "Something happens to me in the holidays where I think there's nothing cute about me. The holidays does that to me. I don't care."

contactmusic.com

A Whole New Fug

Posted Image

I love these Disney "celebrity whores as Disney characters" campaign, but they really fucked this one up. They had the fugness of Skeletor and they use him as Aladdin? You are telling me that you have Skeletor in front of you and you fail to use him as Jack Skellington from "Nightmare Before Christmas." Missed opportunity. Also, there's no way JLo could keep a floating carpet up. Her ego alone would force it to sink to the sand.

They also completely miscast Jessica Biel as Pocahontas. That bitch should've been Captain John. She's a dude! The only one I am fond of is Tina Fey as Tinkerbell. Shit, she could have played Pocahontas and I would've loved it.

The rest of the series includes JLo as Princess Jasmine, Whoopi Goldberg as the Genie, Gis Bundchen as Wendy and Mikhail Barishnykov as Peter Pan.

I really hope in their next series they make Star Jones get fat again to play Ursula. It would be a crime if they didn't do that.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

http://www.dlisted.com/

Everyone's Pissed At The Oscar Producers!

Whoopi Goldberg got her feelings hurt, because Oscars producers left her out of the host montage during last night's show. They included a clip of Whoopi winning an Oscar, but left her out of the host montage. She was Oscar's first black host and hosted 4 times.

Whoopi said, "Undoubtedly, I pissed somebody off once again." Barbara Walters then said to Whoopi that they "think she's a great host." Whoopi got up and gave them all a kiss.

The worst part of this clip is hearing Elisabeth Hasselcrack make the "boobooboobooo" sound. I picture her making that sound when she's doing sex with her husband. Not a pretty picture.

Yeah, it sucks they left Whoopi out, but who cares? Just wipe off your ego, tell them to "fuck off" and then move on. There's no reason to get your feelings hurt. Oscars producers do not care about people. I don't even remember the host montage, because I was battling to keep my eye lids open. The Oscars were THAT riveting, so Whoopi should be thankful she was left out of that shit.

http://www.redlasso.com/ClipPlayer.aspx?id...a3-e713a80cf4cc

http://www.dlisted.com/

More Oscar Montage Madness Leaves Whoopi Goldberg's Feelings Hurt

First Brad Renfro and now this.

It appears this was the Oscar of montage omissions with Whoopi Goldberg and Steve Martin both missing from the montage that included various moments from past hosts. Goldberg has hosted the awards show multiple times and was the first black woman to host the show, so it would seem a bit odd that she wouldn't have been included in the montage.

Whoopi jokingly said, "Undoubtedly, I pissed someone off once again." And when her co-hosts assured her that they thought she did an amazing job for each hosting gig, Whoopi got a little choked-up. Barbara Walters did point out, however, that perhaps she wasn't in the montage because they showed her in another montage for Oscar winners. See all of this miscommunication and hurt feelings? That's why I'm anti-montage. Not really, I just like taking a stand on pointless issues.

But, it seems that no amount of montages could save the awards show from miserable ratings. According to Us Weekly, viewership for the Oscars was down 21% from last year. Look on the bright side, Whoopi. That's 21% less people who didn't see that you weren't included than it would have been last year.

http://www.redlasso.com/ClipPlayer.aspx?id...a3-e713a80cf4cc

http://socialitelife.buzznet.com/

Oscar snub leaves Whoopi sad, choked up

NEW YORK - Whoopi Goldberg seemed sad and choked up on "The View" Monday when her fellow co-hosts discussed how she was not included in a montage featuring Oscar hosts during the Academy Awards telecast.

The 52-year-old Goldberg has received two Oscar nominations, winning for her role as Oda Mae Brown in 1990's "Ghost." She hosted the event in 1994, 1996, 1999 and 2002. She did, however, appear as an Oscar winner in a separate montage Sunday night.

Goldberg appeared stumped that the academy would leave her out of the one clip, as well as repeat host Steve Martin.

"Maybe they accidentally lost a clip of you hosting. ... But I think it's wrong," Elisabeth Hasselbeck said. Joy Behar said "being slighted is never fun." Sherri Shepherd wondered if Goldberg had made someone mad.

"Undoubtedly," Goldberg said, smiling. "Undoubtedly I (bleeped) somebody off yet again. You know what, I don't — I don't know."

"Hey, we think you're a great host," reassured Barbara Walters, the creator of the ABC chatfest.

"I think we should do our own montage of you to make up for it," Hasselbeck said.

"This makes up for it," Goldberg responded, before getting up and kissing each co-host on the cheek. She and Walters embraced

Oscars to Whoopi: We're Sorry

The former host's omission from a montage was "an absolute oversight," says producer

Whoopi Goldberg's omission from an Oscar montage – perceived by her and others to be a slight that left the View host in tears – was "an absolute oversight," the award show's producer tells PEOPLE.

"No harm was intended, and I feel very, very badly that she was left out," Gil Cates said Tuesday. "I'm going to call her and tell her that."

Although described as a montage of hosts, the piece shown at Sunday night's telecast on ABC was actually "supposed to be a montage of 80 exciting moments of the Academy Awards" culled from hundreds of hours of footage, says Cates. "Basically, that was not a montage about hosts."

He noted that former host Steve Martin also wasn't in the montage.

Still, Cates said, "It was an absolute oversight" to leave out Goldberg, an Oscar winner and nominee who had hosted telecasts that Cates himself produced.

"I asked her to be on the show. She did it twice," he said. "She is a formidable talent."

Whoopi: Patrick, We'll Talk Soon

PAGE SIX

View co-host Whoopi Goldberg had nothing but warm wishes for her Ghost co-star Patrick Swayze, whose rep confirmed yesterday that he has cancer.

"When I won my Academy Award, the only person I really thanked was Patrick," Whoopi said.

Whoopi explained that she nabbed the role opposite Patrick in the 1990 film because he said to director Jerry Zucker, " 'I'm not making this movie unless you put Whoopi in it.' I won an Oscar because of Patrick Swayze."

View co-host Barbara Walters added her own memory of Patrick, from when she interviewed him and they danced. Whoopi closed the segment optimistically, saying, "We want you to feel better, we’ll talk soon I hope."

Whoopi to produce stage numbers

'View' co-host gets behind 'Bricktop,' 'Girls'

By GORDON COX

Whoopi Goldberg will co-produce a couple of upcoming legit projects, beginning with a summer Broadway revival of Ntozake Shange's 1976 play "For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide/When the Rainbow Is Enuf."

She's also a member of the production team of new Rialto-bound tuner "Bricktop -- Queen of the Night," about a cabaret owner in the 1920s and '30s.

"For Colored Girls," helmed by Shirley Jo Finney and choreographed by Hinton Battle, will star India.Arie. The show aims to start previews in mid-July for an early August opening.

Goldberg co-produces with DreamTeam Entertainment Group.

"Bricktop" has no set timeline, although the announcement of Goldberg's involvement in the project was timed to an Actors Fund benefit perf of songs by Ron Abel, who co-wrote the tunes for "Bricktop." Event was held Monday night in L.A.

"Bricktop" is co-produced by Paul Lambert and Jonas Neilsen, who are also involved in the developing tuner version of "First Wives' Club." Abel and Chuck Steffan wrote the score.

Goldberg's prior Rialto producing credits include "Thoroughly Modern Millie" and the 2003 revival of "Ma Rainey's Black Bottom."

Whoopi Goldberg will co-produce a couple of upcoming legit projects, beginning with a summer Broadway revival of Ntozake Shange's 1976 play "For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide/When the Rainbow Is Enuf."

Wow. I saw this when it was originally produced in the 70's and it was fantastic. I'm really glad she's reviving it, it's a brilliant show and deserves another go round.

I love Whoopie. :wub:

Rosie: Hasselbeck a ‘Little Republican Who Scared Me’

April 8, 2008

Nearly a year after their blow-up, Rosie O’Donnell is still sore at Elisabeth Hasselbeck.

“I tried my best but it’s hard for me when I’m not the boss,” O’Donnell, 46, said on The Martha Stewart Show Tuesday, reflecting on her experience on The View. “There was people there telling me what to do. There was a little Republican who scared me.”

During O’Donnell’s final weeks on the show, the Republican Hasselbeck, now 30, and the liberal O’Donnell famously sparred in May 2007 over the Iraq war.

Whoopi Goldberg, 52, later took over O’Donnell’s spot.

David Bowie and Whoopi Goldberg Named To Tribeca Jury As The Festival Begins

By WENN

David Bowie, Whoopi Goldberg, Fred Durst and director Doug Liman have all been named as jury members at the Tribeca Film Festival - which kicked off in New York on Wednesday.

The announcement was made by Liman at a press conference in downtown Manhattan on Wednesday, which was attended by New York's Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Governor David Paterson.

The panels have been split into different categories, with Bowie and others, including actor Matthew Modine, judging the Documentary and Student Short Film group. Goldberg's panel - which also includes Padma Lakshmi - will review the World Documentary Competition.

The festival will run for 12 days, and includes 121 feature films and 79 short films. A total of 89 movies will be premiered at the event, which is now in its seventh year.

It was founded by Jane Rosenthal, Robert De Niro and Craig Hatkoff to boost the economic and cultural revitalization of lower Manhattan.

And Governor Paterson called on the movie industry to do its bit and make more films in the Big Apple, speaking on the same day he announced tax breaks for those who shoot in the state.

He told the press conference, "New York has inspired filmmakers since the industry's beginning. But recently, we started losing business to our neighbors, like Canada, Connecticut and Massachusetts. New Yorkers never go down without a fight, and with the significantly expanded state film tax credit I announced today, New York will continue to serve as the most fascinating backdrop in the world. I am proud to have our great state foster an even greater number of productions, and feel fortunate that we have an event like the Tribeca Film Festival to showcase the work of great filmmakers and highlight the importance of this industry in our state."

Lewis Confronts Goldberg With Memories Of Drunken Affair

WHOOPI GOLDBERG and RICHARD LEWIS shocked viewers of U.S. talk-show THE VIEW on Friday (25Apr08) by confessing to a drunken affair.

The pair - who have both gone public about their past battles with drugs and alcohol - set audience members aghast when Curb Your Enthusiasm star Lewis’ enquired about his sexual prowess during a past romp with the Oscar-winner.

Lewis, a guest on the show, told the hosts, including Goldberg, "I had some blackouts. You know, I’ve been sober for almost 14 years. We (he and Goldberg) were hot for each other, but I don’t remember."

He then asked the actress, "We did screw right?" which the comedienne confirmed with a nod - prompting Lewis to ask, "Was I any good?" Goldberg replied, "Fast, but good."

Source: pr-inside

Whaaaa?

Must find brain bleach...

Please pass it over my way when you're finished using it. If there's any left!

I'm surprised that Lewis actually fucked anyone, usually he's into phone sex. A lot of phone sex.

Whaaaa?

Must find brain bleach...

Please pass it over my way when you're finished using it. If there's any left!

I'm surprised that Lewis actually fucked anyone, usually he's into phone sex. A lot of phone sex.

With phone sex, the only one he could disappoint would be himself. :D

Goldberg: Snipes Is A Victim

WHOOPI GOLDBERG has defended jailed actor WESLEY SNIPES and insists he has been used to "set an example" to the American people.

Last week (ends25Apr08), the Blade actor was handed a three-year jail term by Florida Judge William Terrell Hodges after, he was convicted of failing to file his taxes for five years.

But Goldberg is convinced Hollywood stars who break the law are being used as scapegoats by the U.S government in a bid to deter other people from criminal activity.

She says, "This is not unusual. With tax evasion, (the IRS) gets very, very agitated and if you're famous they are putting you behind some kind of bar."

Source: contactmusic

Whoopi Goldberg will serve as host of the 2008 Tony Awards

It will be Whoopi and Tony.

Whoopi Goldberg will serve as host of the 2008 Tony Awards June 15 at Radio City Music Hall, the show's executive producers, Ricky Kirshner and Glenn Weiss, announced Thursday.

"I love Broadway and I'm thrilled to be doing anything for the first time," said Goldberg, who's hosted the Academy Awards four times. "I'm gonna have a blast."

Goldberg, a regular on ABC's "The View," has been on Broadway with her own one-woman show as well as in revivals of "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" and "Ma Rainey's Black Bottom."

The 62nd annual Tonys, which honor the best of the 2007-08 Broadway season, will be broadcast live 8-11 p.m. EDT on CBS.

Nominations will be announced Tuesday.

___

Copyright © 2008 The Associated Press.

Whoopi Goldberg having a ball in ‘Xanadu’

‘I just think it’s a fun musical,’ says ‘The View’ co-host

msnbc.com

NEW YORK - So how is Whoopi Goldberg spending her six-week summer vacation from “The View”? Growling her way through the Electric Light Orchestra’s “Evil Woman,” eight times a week in the Broadway musical “Xanadu.”

The performer stepped into the production July 29, replacing Jackie Hoffman as a malicious Grecian muse in the campy spoof of the infamous ’80s roller-disco movie.

“I just think it’s a fun musical,” enthused Goldberg, sitting in an overstuffed chair in her “The View” dressing room, the day the television show wrapped for the summer. “‘Xanadu’ is a fun show for families, and it’s a fun show for a date. If you don’t know someone really well, it’s a great place to come and laugh. I just thought: ‘Why not this?”’

Goldberg only had two weeks rehearsal before joining the musical about a beautiful muse named Kira (Kerry Butler) who inspires a would-be artist (Cheyenne Jackson) to create a roller disco. Goldberg plays one of the two muses trying to thwart their love affair.

“I am not as quick as I used to be,” the performer said with a laugh. “But when you have a great piece — that helps. The entertainment is there. It’s how you interpret it.

“And the kids in the cast — they are fantastic,” she continued. “They lead me. They know when I get lost. They come and they dance over and take me where I need to be. Everybody’s been really great about the fact that I’m not 100 percent solid — but I will be by Monday or Tuesday (of next week).”

Learning the show’s choreography was the hardest part, the performer said, even though she doesn’t have to roller skate in the show. Goldberg did that at the 2008 Tony Awards, which she hosted.

“I just skated on and hoped for the best,” she said of the experience.

“Whoopi’s very adventurous,” said director Christopher Ashley. “And intuitive. She’s impulsive in the best possible way and totally funny. The surprise to me is that she is really humble. We tried to rebuild the curtain call a little bit to feature her more. But she was really clear, saying ‘I’m here to be a member of the cast — not be center stage.”’

“I am not the star of the show,” Goldberg said. “I came in to replace somebody. People know I’m there. So I don’t need a special bow.”

As for her singing, Goldberg describes it as “odd ... I have a Zero Mostel/Rex Harrison voice.”

But right for “Xanadu,” according to the show’s music director, Eric Stern.

“She’s very naturally musical and has an instinctive grasp of pop,” Stern said. “What’s nice about Whoopi is that her voice matches her natural delivery. In some people, you get scared because their voice sounds like somebody else — or sounds disembodied from who they are.”

As for comedy, “Xanadu” allows for a bit of improvisation. Hoffman, for example, channels a bit of Cher in one number. Goldberg tried doing Carol Channing instead.

“I rehearsed it for two weeks that way,” Goldberg recalled. “And then I got bored with it. ... Now I’m just trying to figure out who’s going to come in. It could be Eartha Kitt, it could be anybody. You never know who is going to show up.”

In addition to “Xanadu,” “The View” and an evening with “View” cohort Joy Behar at Foxwoods, the Connecticut gambling palace, on Sept. 13, Goldberg is wearing a producer’s hat for two upcoming stage shows planned for New York.

One, a revival of “For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow Is Enuf,” Ntozake Shange’s prose-poem portrait of black women in America, has just postponed its fall opening. A backer dropped out but “I believe we are on the cusp of getting money from another source,” Goldberg said. The show will star the Grammy-winning India.Arie, lauded by Goldberg as “a magnificent young woman with a magnificent voice.”

Then there is “Bricktop,” a musical about the legendary 1920s performer and nightclub owner who was a sensation in Paris. “It’s a story I’ve always wanted to tell because I always found her a fascinating woman,” Goldberg said. No word yet on casting.

But for the moment, there’s her gig at the Helen Hayes Theatre, where Goldberg will be in the cast of “Xanadu” through Sept. 7.

© 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Whoopi Goldberg Rules Out Marriage

Whoopi Goldberg has vowed never to wed again, insisting she is "not meant to be married".

The comedienne has been married three times - her first marriage to drug counsellor Alvin Martin ended in 1979; she divorced cinematographer David Claessen in 1988, and she was married to actor Lyle Trachtenberg for one year before they split in 1995.

The failed unions have prompted the Ghost actress to swear off marriage for good, and she's asked her friends to stop her if she ever announces plans to wed for a fourth time - because she's convinced it will be doomed.

She says, "If you ever hear of me walking down anybody's aisle again, I want you to stick your leg out and trip me.

"Some people are not meant to be married and I am not meant to. I'm sure it is wonderful for lots of people."

Goldberg returns to the big screen this year as she voices the character Purple Octopus when the movie hits the big screen this summer.

Source femalefirst