soho2chelsea

Celebrity Smart-Ass Quotes

Keep Jessica away from games, says Tom Brady

MSNBC.com

Courtney Hazlett

The Scoop

Although Patriots quarterback Tom Brady seems more the go-to man for football advice, not relationship advice (just ask Bridget Moynahan), Brady has reached out to Jessica Simpson’s new man, Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo, to warn him about bringing his girl to games.

“After that debacle of a game with Jessica being flashed on the screens during every play, Tom told Tony to put a stop to allowing Jess to come to games. Think about it: How often do you see Gisele [bundchen] cheering Tom on?” said a friend of Brady’s.

Simpson isn’t just going to games, she even accompanied Romo to his weekly radio gig, “Inside the Huddle,” on Dec. 26. “Clearly subtle has never been a part of Jessica’s personality,” said one longtime friend of Simpson’s.

Brady and Gisele have been dating for nearly a year, and according to a friend, even if the Patriots make the Super Bowl, “Gisele will likely know enough to keep away. Unlike Jessica, she realizes football is more than just a game, it’s his career.”

(Side Dish)

According to Andy Garcia, the resignation of Fidel Castro is not yet cause for celebration. The actor said in a statement, "In 1959, Fidel Castro took power in Cuba with the promise of restoring the 1940 Constitution, free elections and democracy. Forty-nine years later, like most Cubans, I am still waiting for the fulfillment of those promises. I can only hope that a day without Fidel Castro in power is a day closer to a free and democratic Cuba. Unfortunately, his brother Raul, his assigned successor, dresses from the same tailor and is cut from the same cloth." Actually, Radar online reports that Raul Castro is a cross-dresser.

Pam Anderson to Ellen: I'm Not Dating

By Stephen M. Silverman

If at first, or second, or third, you don't succeed ... try Pamela Anderson's approach.

Thrice-married Anderson – now single again – tells Ellen DeGeneres on her show Thursday that she is not dating anyone.

Her attention, says Anderson, the mother of two boys (Brandon, 11, and Dylan, 10, whose father is Anderson's ex, Tommy Lee), is devoted to "just kids. That's taking up a lot of time."

Especially on her schedule. Says Anderson, "Usually I get in around 3 or 4 in the morning, and I'm up at 6:30 am with my kids making breakfast, 8 a.m. at school, and who washes their face?"

When Anderson, 40, drops the boys off at school, "People just must be flipping out that you are out there in a neon vest helping kids out of the car," suggests DeGeneres, 50.

"No," says Anderson, "but I get a lot of high fives. They think it's funny that I'm there doing that."

But, she says, "I'm a mom, [and] you have to do it and I love it."

When DeGeneres goads Anderson by talking about a previous show guest, The Bachelor's Matthew Grant, Anderson responds, " He seemed nice."

Is he Anderson's type? "He's handsome," the bombshell concedes, but further admits, "I don't know what my type is."

DeGeneres graciously offers to help out Anderson next time she meets a guy. In the meantime, the actress tells Ellen men are just like a book – with "a beginning, middle and an end."

"Wounded people never asked me about my sexual orientation. They were just glad to see me there."

- Maj. MARGARET WITT an Air Force flight nurse who was discharged for being gay, after a federal appeals court ruled that such discharges are unconstitutional.

New Christie: 'I Will Never Marry Again'

The Insider

After an exhausting trial, model Christie Brinkley exclaimed "I'm free! ... I've got my sweet freedom!" in an exclusive interview with Andrea Peyser of the New York Post.

Shortly after her victory against ex Peter Cook, Brinkley told Peyser, "I'm not going to marry again."

It was clear that when the model left the court, displaying her million dollar smile, that the battle was over. According to the Post, Brinkley said, "It's to me a very bittersweet moment because it really is the death of a marriage. It's also a new start for all of us. "I'm very pleased with the results today. I was here fighting for custody."

In her interview with Peyser, Christie tells why she fought so hard. "I was fighting for my family. ... I think when your fighting for your family's well-being, almost anything you have to go through is worth it."

Brinkley told Peyser that she was hurt most by the way she was portrayed in court -- as a woman out to seek revenge. Christie said testimony by the court-ordered shrink should have completely dissolved that allegation. He clearly said "Christie has no disorders. Christie has no neuroses. Christie's anger is to be expected."

On Thursday Brinkley was awarded full custody of her two children Jack and Sailor, her two children with Cook. Her estranged husband walked away with $2.1 million dollars.(The Post reports $2.1 million dollars comes down to $210,000 per year of marriage.)

As Cook walked away from court on Thursday he stated "I've got everything I've been asking for two years." However a source tells the New York Post claims that Cook is disappointed that Brinkley was awarded all of the properties that he helped "pick out" during their union.

As Cook walked away from court on Thursday he stated "I've got everything I've been asking for two years." However a source tells the New York Post claims that Cook is disappointed that Brinkley was awarded all of the properties that he helped "pick out" during their union

What a pathetic asswipe.

LAPD Chief Blames 'Bad Girls' For Paparazzi Drama

Councilman Seeks Ordinance To Control Paparazzi

POSTED: 7:27 am PDT July 31, 2008

UPDATED: 11:10 am PDT July 31, 2008

LOS ANGELES -- A Thursday morning Today in LA report previewing a 10 a.m. City Hall meeting about proposed new restrictions on paparazzi became a showdown between the man behind the hearing -- Councilman Dennis Zine -- and LAPD Chief William Bratton, who opposes new legislation.

Bratton showed up at KNBC reporter Robert Kovacik's side for Kovacik's 6 a.m. report because he said Kovacik's previous live interview with Zine about the paparazzi issue aggravated him so much that he decided to leave his morning workout to go on KNBC and "set the record straight."

Bratton has consistently opposed new legislation that would further restrict and penalize aggressive paparazzi photographers. Thursday morning, he laid the blame for paparazzi problems on former bad-girl celebrities Britney Spears, Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan.

Bratton: 'If You Notice ...'

"I figured I'd come over and straighten out -- we have no intention of participating in today's hearing. It's a total waste of time. We have sufficent laws on the books that we enforce to deal with this issue," Bratton said, still sweaty from his workout and with a towel hanging around his neck.

"If you notice, since Britney started wearing clothes and behaving; Paris is out of town not bothering anybody, thank god; and, evidently, Lindsay Lohan has gone gay, we don't seem to have much of an issue.

"If the ones that attract the paparazzi behave in the first place, like we expect of anybody, that solves about 90 percent of the problem. The rest of it we can deal with.

"So as far as all this grandstanding and foolishness, waste of city time on this issue -- and the fact that I felt aggravated enough about it to interrupt my workout to come over and set the record straight, LAPD has no intention of participating in this farce."

Thursday's Hearing

City Councilman Dennis Zine said he was puzzled by Bratton's opposition.

Zine introduced the motion earlier this year to create a "personal safety zone" between photographers and their subjects. He said he the proposal was prompted by the Los Angeles Police Department's decision to spend $25,000 to transport Britney Spears from her Studio City home to UCLA Medical Center in Westwood.

Bratton told the Police Commission in April that the proposed ordinance would be ambiguous and difficult to enforce. He argued that existing laws, such as jaywalking, speeding and battery, are enough to regulate unruly photographers.

"They act like a pack of wolves, stalking their prey," said Zine, who convened the hearing, which included representatives from West Hollywood, Malibu, the Screen Actors Guild, county Sheriff Lee Baca and actor Eric Roberts.

Baca said he decided to attend the hearing to learn more about the issue.

"What I'm hear to do is listen. I'm here to try and find a balanced answer. There's no question that the industry of public information is an important one to protect and I think that there's responsibility on the side of entertainers as there is responsibly on the side of those seeking to take photographs," Baca said.

KNBC reported that no members of the LAPD were present at the hearing.

Malibu

The city of Malibu has turned to Ken Starr, the independent counsel who investigated then-President Bill Clinton's involvement with White House intern Monica Lewinsky, for help on the issue.

Malibu Mayor Pamela Conley Ulich asked Starr, dean of the Pepperdine law school, to put together a group of experts in the media and legal community.

LAPD Chief Blames 'Bad Girls' For Paparazzi Drama

Councilman Seeks Ordinance To Control Paparazzi

POSTED: 7:27 am PDT July 31, 2008

UPDATED: 11:10 am PDT July 31, 2008

LOS ANGELES -- A Thursday morning Today in LA report previewing a 10 a.m. City Hall meeting about proposed new restrictions on paparazzi became a showdown between the man behind the hearing -- Councilman Dennis Zine -- and LAPD Chief William Bratton, who opposes new legislation.

Bratton showed up at KNBC reporter Robert Kovacik's side for Kovacik's 6 a.m. report because he said Kovacik's previous live interview with Zine about the paparazzi issue aggravated him so much that he decided to leave his morning workout to go on KNBC and "set the record straight."

Bratton has consistently opposed new legislation that would further restrict and penalize aggressive paparazzi photographers. Thursday morning, he laid the blame for paparazzi problems on former bad-girl celebrities Britney Spears, Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan.

Bratton: 'If You Notice ...'

"I figured I'd come over and straighten out -- we have no intention of participating in today's hearing. It's a total waste of time. We have sufficent laws on the books that we enforce to deal with this issue," Bratton said, still sweaty from his workout and with a towel hanging around his neck.

"If you notice, since Britney started wearing clothes and behaving; Paris is out of town not bothering anybody, thank god; and, evidently, Lindsay Lohan has gone gay, we don't seem to have much of an issue.

"If the ones that attract the paparazzi behave in the first place, like we expect of anybody, that solves about 90 percent of the problem. The rest of it we can deal with.

"So as far as all this grandstanding and foolishness, waste of city time on this issue -- and the fact that I felt aggravated enough about it to interrupt my workout to come over and set the record straight, LAPD has no intention of participating in this farce."

Thursday's Hearing

City Councilman Dennis Zine said he was puzzled by Bratton's opposition.

Zine introduced the motion earlier this year to create a "personal safety zone" between photographers and their subjects. He said he the proposal was prompted by the Los Angeles Police Department's decision to spend $25,000 to transport Britney Spears from her Studio City home to UCLA Medical Center in Westwood.

Bratton told the Police Commission in April that the proposed ordinance would be ambiguous and difficult to enforce. He argued that existing laws, such as jaywalking, speeding and battery, are enough to regulate unruly photographers.

"They act like a pack of wolves, stalking their prey," said Zine, who convened the hearing, which included representatives from West Hollywood, Malibu, the Screen Actors Guild, county Sheriff Lee Baca and actor Eric Roberts.

Baca said he decided to attend the hearing to learn more about the issue.

"What I'm hear to do is listen. I'm here to try and find a balanced answer. There's no question that the industry of public information is an important one to protect and I think that there's responsibility on the side of entertainers as there is responsibly on the side of those seeking to take photographs," Baca said.

KNBC reported that no members of the LAPD were present at the hearing.

Malibu

The city of Malibu has turned to Ken Starr, the independent counsel who investigated then-President Bill Clinton's involvement with White House intern Monica Lewinsky, for help on the issue.

Malibu Mayor Pamela Conley Ulich asked Starr, dean of the Pepperdine law school, to put together a group of experts in the media and legal community.

Bratton's my new favorite person! Love his quote. Zine doesn't understand the opposition? It's a waste of money for the police to protect the Brittney's and Paris' of the world.

Etta James Doles Out Harsh 'Last' Words for Beyonce, Obama

PopEater

Etta James sure can hold a grudge, that much is certain after the R&B icon vented her gripes about singer Beyonce Knowles and President Barack Obama during a recent concert in Seattle.

The 71-year-old diva is steaming mad over Beyonce's performance of 'At Last,' her signature tune, at Obama's first inauguration party. The President and First Lady Michelle Obama danced to the legendary ballad (see photos below). The fiery rant, in which she threatens to beat up "that woman" and openly mocks "the one with the big ears," has been leaked on TMZ.

Etta James vs. Beyonce

Note to all future Presidents: If you wish to have the song 'At Last' performed at your function, it's best to use the original. James lashed out at Beyonce and President Barack Obama at a recent concert, saying the younger diva will "get her ass whipped" for playing her signature song for "the one with the big ears."

"You guys know your president, right? You know the one with the big ears?" she said to the crowd, unsure of what lay ahead. "Wait a minute, he ain't my president, he might be yours, he ain't my president. You know that woman he had singing for him, singing my song -- she's going to get her ass whipped."

Beyonce played James on the big screen recently, in 'Cadillac Records.' Now, we have an idea what the elder singer thinks of her movie version. She continued at the concert:

"The great Beyonce. I can't stand Beyonce," she told the crowd. "She has no business up there, singing up there on a big ol' president day, gonna be singing my song that I've been singing forever."

James is best known for 'At Last,' released in 1961 on Chess Records, but she has scores of other hits including 'Trust in Me' and 'Fool That I Am.'

Beyonce ruffled the sequins of another diva last year when at the Grammy Awards she introduced Tina Turner, and not Aretha Franklin, as "The Queen." Her royal highness the Queen of Soul was not pleased by the diss, and called it a "cheap shot."

Etta James Doles Out Harsh 'Last' Words for Beyonce, Obama

PopEater

Etta James sure can hold a grudge, that much is certain after the R&B icon vented her gripes about singer Beyonce Knowles and President Barack Obama during a recent concert in Seattle.

The 71-year-old diva is steaming mad over Beyonce's performance of 'At Last,' her signature tune, at Obama's first inauguration party. The President and First Lady Michelle Obama danced to the legendary ballad (see photos below). The fiery rant, in which she threatens to beat up "that woman" and openly mocks "the one with the big ears," has been leaked on TMZ.

Etta James vs. Beyonce

Note to all future Presidents: If you wish to have the song 'At Last' performed at your function, it's best to use the original. James lashed out at Beyonce and President Barack Obama at a recent concert, saying the younger diva will "get her ass whipped" for playing her signature song for "the one with the big ears."

"You guys know your president, right? You know the one with the big ears?" she said to the crowd, unsure of what lay ahead. "Wait a minute, he ain't my president, he might be yours, he ain't my president. You know that woman he had singing for him, singing my song -- she's going to get her ass whipped."

Beyonce played James on the big screen recently, in 'Cadillac Records.' Now, we have an idea what the elder singer thinks of her movie version. She continued at the concert:

"The great Beyonce. I can't stand Beyonce," she told the crowd. "She has no business up there, singing up there on a big ol' president day, gonna be singing my song that I've been singing forever."

James is best known for 'At Last,' released in 1961 on Chess Records, but she has scores of other hits including 'Trust in Me' and 'Fool That I Am.'

Beyonce ruffled the sequins of another diva last year when at the Grammy Awards she introduced Tina Turner, and not Aretha Franklin, as "The Queen." Her royal highness the Queen of Soul was not pleased by the diss, and called it a "cheap shot."

I'm glad she included Obama in that as I, too, wondered why she wasn't singing her signature song. I imagine Michelle O is somewhere saying "Thank you!"

http://www.brucespringsteen.net/news/index.html

A BRIEF STATEMENT FROM BRUCE

Like many of you who live in New Jersey, I've been following the progress of the marriage-equality legislation currently being considered in Trenton. I've long believed in and have always spoken out for the rights of same sex couples and fully agree with Governor Corzine when he writes that, "The marriage-equality issue should be recognized for what it truly is -- a civil rights issue that must be approved to assure that every citizen is treated equally under the law." I couldn't agree more with that statement and urge those who support equal treatment for our gay and lesbian brothers and sisters to let their voices be heard now.

http://www.brucespringsteen.net/news/index.html

A BRIEF STATEMENT FROM BRUCE

Like many of you who live in New Jersey, I've been following the progress of the marriage-equality legislation currently being considered in Trenton. I've long believed in and have always spoken out for the rights of same sex couples and fully agree with Governor Corzine when he writes that, "The marriage-equality issue should be recognized for what it truly is -- a civil rights issue that must be approved to assure that every citizen is treated equally under the law." I couldn't agree more with that statement and urge those who support equal treatment for our gay and lesbian brothers and sisters to let their voices be heard now.

Gotta love Bruce. Gotta love this quote. Those of us in Jersey should be rallying to get this passed before Corzine leaves office.

In which Arnold Palmer puts Ben Roethlisberger in his place

Mon Mar 15,2010 11:00 AM ET By Rick Chandler

The good folks at Waggle Room won me over quite some time ago: They run one of the best golf blogs -- if not the best -- on the Intrawebs. Case in point is this story shared therein by Ryan Ballengee. It involves Ben Roethlisberger, whom I am quickly learning to detest, and one of the greatest golfers ever. I enjoyed it immensely.

This story was told to me just a few days ago from a very credible source.

The Steelers have their training camp in Latrobe, PA -- a town absolutely owned by Arnold Palmer. Near the training camp is Laurel Valley golf club. It has hosted several major championships and is a big deal club in the area. Ben Roethlisberger came by during training camp one summer and said he wanted to get on the course to play. The pro shop said that they would accommodate him but that members that had tee times would go ahead of him and they would work him on.

So, Ben looks around the pro shop and starts buying up stuff. Makes his purchases, then disappears to the first tee. He's teeing off out of turn. The pro shop wrangles him down in the first fairway and demands that he return to the clubhouse to wait his turn to play. Eventually, he gets to go off. He runs into a bunch of people who naturally want his autograph. He says no to all of them. Doesn't want to be nice to the people letting him play their exclusive track.

When he's done with the round, Ben goes into the locker room in the clubhouse. He takes a shower and comes out, when a man comes up to him and tells him, "What you are going to do right now is go into the pro shop and sign autographs for every single person who wants them, and then you will never come back here again."

The man who told him that? Arnold Palmer.

Dwyane Wade: No Gotti for me

Last Updated: 10:02 AM, April 13, 2010

Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade is a brave man. He point-blank refused to meet Mafia boss John Gotti's grandson, Carmine Gotti, while both were partying at Meatpacking club M2 on Saturday. A source said: "Gotti was celebrating his birthday upstairs and was excited to hear Wade was downstairs. He headed down and asked to meet Wade, who responded, 'There's no way I'm meeting the Gottis or having my photo taken with them.' Gotti's security guard got into a scuffle with Wade's. Gotti then headed back to his friends looking visibly upset, and Wade, who felt uncomfortable with the situation, decided to leave."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/no_gotti_f...=#ixzz0l1l2BQtG

HELLO!

Exclusive: Joan Collins opens the doors to her London home for the first time

11 OCTOBER 2010

Her name is synonymous with style and glamour, qualities that enduring acting legend and author Joan Collins believes are sadly lacking in today’s stars.

Opening the doors of her sumptuous Belgravia home for the first time ever in this weeks’ HELLO! - issue 1145 - the 77-year-old has something to say.

She tells the magazine that, with the notable exception of one famous modern day actress, there are no real beauties in Hollywood these days.

"I have to say, there aren’t that many good looking actresses around today. I mean, there’s Angelina Jolie and there’s… Angelina Jolie," says the famously outspoken stage and screen icon, who is married to theatre director Percy Gibson, 44.

"Jennifer Aniston is cute, but I wouldn’t call her beautiful. I think that is why Cheryl Cole is so popular, because she is just so pretty and the public are starved of gorgeous people.

"When I was young, everybody on screen was gorgeous."

The size 10-12 star, who reveals a hidden passion for collecting 18th century drawings of camels, says her secret for staying in shape is ‘portion control’.

"People eat far too much these days and I’m very aware of the penalties of putting on weight," she says.

"If you eat junk, you look like junk. People say, ‘It’s not my fault, it’s my glands’. It’s not, it’s greed!"

I think Joan just meant what she said and said what she meant. She told it straight. Gotta admire her chutzpah. Is she the original cougar?

Richard Chamberlain to Gay Actors: Don't Come Out!

12/27/2010 3:45 AM PST by TMZ Staff

Hollywood legend Richard Chamberlain -- a gay man who revealed his sexuality in 2003 -- has fired off some shocking advice to other gay actors: Stay in the closet!

76-year-old Chamberlain -- who became a teen idol in the '60s playing the lead role on "Dr. Kildare" -- told The Advocate, "Personally, I wouldn't advise a gay leading man-type actor to come out."

Chamberlain explained, "There's still a tremendous amount of homophobia in our culture" -- adding, "Despite all the wonderful advances that have been made, it's still dangerous for an actor to talk about that."

Chamberlain continues, "For an actor to be working [at all] is a kind of miracle, because most actors aren't ... so it's just silly for a working actor to say, 'Oh, I don't care if anybody knows I'm gay' -- especially if you're a leading man."

Jane Lynch: Studios Won't Cast Gay Leading Actors

First Posted: 01/13/11 05:12 PM Updated: 01/13/11 05:37 PM

America fell in love with Jane Lynch on 'Glee,' but the gay rights advocate doesn't think America is ready to fall for gay romantic leading actors.

Speaking to the website AfterElton.com on Wednesday, Lynch said that studios are hesitant to cast gay people in the role of leading actor and actress, at least in romantic films, because they don't think the audience could handle it.

"I don't know when or if that will ever happen. I think because since most of the world is straight -- and maybe we'll get to a place where this will happen -- most of the world is straight and we want the audience to project their hopes and dreams for love and romance onto those actors," Lynch said. "And if it's not in some way possible, maybe never probably, in their mind that it could never happen, then they're not going to do it. You know, most people are straight, and I think that's probably why."

Calling Hollywood a business, Lynch reasoned that people want to love and desire leads from afar, and wouldn't be able to trick themselves into thinking it was possible to be with an actor or actress if they were gay in real life.

That said, Lynch doesn't think that she's been discriminated against, per se.

"Look, I've never -- as far as I know, it's been behind my back if it has -- I've never been turned down for a role because I'm gay. I'm a character actor, and that's probably why. I don't find Hollywood, in my own experience, to be homophobic," Lynch continued. "Have I ever been turned down? I don't know because you never know when you don't get something or why you didn't get it. But I do think the straight folks will continue to play the straight roles."

Actor Rupert Everett in December agreed with Lynch's premise on gay leading actors, but went a few steps further, calling Hollywood conservative and homophobic.

Jane Lynch: Studios Won't Cast Gay Leading Actors

First Posted: 01/13/11 05:12 PM Updated: 01/13/11 05:37 PM

America fell in love with Jane Lynch on 'Glee,' but the gay rights advocate doesn't think America is ready to fall for gay romantic leading actors.

Speaking to the website AfterElton.com on Wednesday, Lynch said that studios are hesitant to cast gay people in the role of leading actor and actress, at least in romantic films, because they don't think the audience could handle it.

"I don't know when or if that will ever happen. I think because since most of the world is straight -- and maybe we'll get to a place where this will happen -- most of the world is straight and we want the audience to project their hopes and dreams for love and romance onto those actors," Lynch said. "And if it's not in some way possible, maybe never probably, in their mind that it could never happen, then they're not going to do it. You know, most people are straight, and I think that's probably why."

Calling Hollywood a business, Lynch reasoned that people want to love and desire leads from afar, and wouldn't be able to trick themselves into thinking it was possible to be with an actor or actress if they were gay in real life.

That said, Lynch doesn't think that she's been discriminated against, per se.

"Look, I've never -- as far as I know, it's been behind my back if it has -- I've never been turned down for a role because I'm gay. I'm a character actor, and that's probably why. I don't find Hollywood, in my own experience, to be homophobic," Lynch continued. "Have I ever been turned down? I don't know because you never know when you don't get something or why you didn't get it. But I do think the straight folks will continue to play the straight roles."

Actor Rupert Everett in December agreed with Lynch's premise on gay leading actors, but went a few steps further, calling Hollywood conservative and homophobic.

These people need to watch Barney/Neil Patrick Harris on How I Met Your Mother and tell me again how an audience won't buy a gay actor playing straight. If someone can do it on TV where people see it weekly on their home TVs, they'll accept it in a movie theater.

These people need to watch Barney/Neil Patrick Harris on How I Met Your Mother and tell me again how an audience won't buy a gay actor playing straight. If someone can do it on TV where people see it weekly on their home TVs, they'll accept it in a movie theater.

Well...P, in all honesty he did kinda, sorta, come out after he had been on the show. If he had come out before...don't think he would've gotten the job. I love me some Doogie...but, he was employed first.

Does the name, T.R. Mcknight ring a bell?

Well...P, in all honesty he did kinda, sorta, come out after he had been on the show. If he had come out before...don't think he would've gotten the job. I love me some Doogie...but, he was employed first.

Wasn't there a character on Frazier like that. "Bulldog" I think

Wasn't there a character on Frazier like that. "Bulldog" I think

Yeah, but Neil is an extraordinarily gifted comedy actor. T.R. is puppy dog cute, and so-so as a dramatic actor. I think those things have far more bearing on where their careers are now than their sexual orientation.

Yeah, but Neil is an extraordinarily gifted comedy actor. T.R. is puppy dog cute, and so-so as a dramatic actor. I think those things have far more bearing on where their careers are now than their sexual orientation.

I agree.

I personally have no problem sexually fantasizing about an actor who happens to be gay vs one I believe to be straight. Cause my chances with either are slim to none. Desn't affect my fantasy life. If a role is well written and the actor is good - to me that's a far better indicator than sexual orientation of whether or not I "buy" a person as that character.

I loved NPH in the short-lived show with Tony Shaloub where he was an editor and Shaloub was a writer - total opposite from his Monk role. I love NPH in everything he's ever been in, quite frankly ;-)

Bulldog on Frasier- always hitting on Roz. Great character role. I do think there's far more flexibility in who is hired for a "character" role than a romantic lead. Which is annoying.

That is a good point about NPH coming out to the general public AFTER he got the role, but wasn't hollywood in on it? The casting directors, other actors, etc. knew already - right??

And I find TR almost annoying.... I think he got fired/left more because he was buddy-buddy with Katherine Heigl and they were just a couple of punks on the set to everyone else (although Isaiah Washington did pick the WORST thing to bitch back about, lol)

I loved NPH in the short-lived show with Tony Shaloub where he was an editor and Shaloub was a writer - total opposite from his Monk role. I love NPH in everything he's ever been in, quite frankly ;-)

Bulldog on Frasier- always hitting on Roz. Great character role. I do think there's far more flexibility in who is hired for a "character" role than a romantic lead. Which is annoying.

Stark Raving Mad!! I LOVED that show, so sad when it went off the air so fast. Yeah, I'm a NPH fan - I don't care if he's actually a straight alien from Mars just pretending to be gay to fit in here on earth :D

Bulldog on Fraiser is gay? Didn't ever know that, and still doesn't make a difference on how much he made me laugh.

I do love my character actors. :inlove: