Sign in to follow this  
MissuTam

Usher

I would :wub: :wub: :wub: to know the back story on this....

Me too and I don't care about these people at all. Still, there is something so twisted about this entire deal.... I'd just love to know the details.

Gold-Digger 1, Usher's Mama 0

Filed under: Usher

Posted Image

Usher and his fiancee made it official in his lawyer's office on Friday. That's romantic. If you'll recall, he and Tameka Foster had to cancel their previously scheduled ceremony due to an alleged scare with her pregnancy. Chins are wagging that there was also an issue with Usher's mother. Who HATES Tameka Foster and everything she stands for.

The two reportedly exchanged vows in the office of his lawyer - a far different affair than the event planned for last weekend at music mogul L.A. Reid's Sagaponack, N.Y., home. The couple had spent $10,000 on invitations alone, and had lined up singer Robin Thicke to perform and renowned chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten, along with Sylvia's of Harlem, to cook.

"It would have looked amazing," one source said of the plans.

But now they can remember this beautiful day by reminiscing about the lawyer's letter opener, and how romantic it was to hear his secretary arguing with the UPS man. Why didn't they just reschedule? 10K on invites? Have they heard of Itzaparty?

Posted by: J. Harvey

http://socialitelife.com/2007/08/06/golddi...hers_mama_0.php

Gold-Digger 1, Usher's Mama 0

Filed under: Usher

Usher and his fiancee made it official in his lawyer's office on Friday.

Posted by: J. Harvey

http://socialitelife.com/2007/08/06/golddi...hers_mama_0.php

Well that's nothing if not convenient. Sign the prenup and get married all in one stop. Works for me.

Edited by tyler

Usher's Mom Skipped Civil Ceremony

People

When Usher and Tameka Foster tied the knot in a simple civil ceremony Aug. 3, there were no white hydrangea centerpieces, no love songs from Robin Thicke, no fancy spreads from celebrity chefs, and – most conspicuously – no mother of the groom, PEOPLE reports in its new issue.

A source close to the family confirms that Usher's mother and former manager, Jonetta Patton, was a no-show at the ceremony, reportedly held in Usher's lawyer's office, and she instead chose to spend the day at a spa in Atlanta.

As for the rest of Usher's inner circle, "some people didn't know about [the civil wedding] until a day later," says a source. "But that's Usher and Tameka for you. One thing one day and a whole other thing the next."

The missing mom could add fuel to the rumor fires circulating after the R&B singer, 28, called off his lavishly planned July 28 Hamptons wedding at the last minute.

Other theories for the postponement include a dust-up over wedding details, a pregnant Foster, 37, being reluctant regarding a prenup (she eventually agreed to sign one) and a strained relationship with Patton, who apparently does not get along with her new daughter-in-law.

Possible points of contention mentioned in the media are that Foster has three children from a previous marriage as well as a 1991 conviction for auto theft.

The newlyweds plan to make it up to their whiplashed friends and family by throwing a big bash in Atlanta in a few weeks.

USHER WEDS IN GLITZY CEREMONY

ATLANTA - Usher and Tameka Foster wed in a large, glitzy ceremony Saturday after exchanging vows a few weeks ago in a civil ceremony, a magazine reported.

About 200 people attended the dream wedding of the Grammy-winning R&B singer and his new wife, held at a 16th-century-style French chateau resort on 3,500 hilly acres outside Atlanta, People.com reported.

Guests dined in the ballroom and ate from a five-tiered white-chocolate-covered wedding cake created by the same bakery that recently did actress Eva Longoria’s confection, the magazine reported.

Among the guests were Oprah Winfrey's pal Gayle King and music manager Benny Medina.

Usher's mother, Jonetta Patton, who has reportedly clashed with Foster, did not attend.

The couple originally planned to tie the knot at a lavish no-expenses-spared event at music mogul L.A. Reid's Sagaponack, N.Y., home, but the ceremony was postponed at the last minute.

The civil ceremony between Usher (full name: Usher Raymond), 28, and Foster, 37, was reportedly held in his lawyer's office Aug. 3. The couple are expecting their first child this fall. This is Usher's first marriage, Foster's second.

Edited by MissuTam

Father-to-be Usher is hoping his pregnant wife Tameka Foster gives birth to a boy because he's got his heart set on a male name for the unborn child - Usher.

The R&B singer was born Usher Raymond, and, if the unborn baby is a boy, he's hoping to continue a family tradition by passing on his name to another generation.

The 28-year-old says, "If it's a boy, I'm going to name him Usher. I'm hoping to name him that. "I'm the fourth. Usher Raymond IV. I just want to pass the name on. Maybe I'll change the middle name."

Source: Panachereport.com

Usher's new fragrance has them swooning in the aisles

Who knows whether it was Usher's new fragrance being pumped into the air or the heady presence of the man himself that caused the young lady next to me to faint dead away at Cipriani Tuesday night.

But as she crumpled lightly to the floor, they appeared: Usher and his new wife, Tameka, and (purportedly feuding) mother, Jonetta Patton.

"It's sophisticated for a woman and confident for a man," Usher told me of his twin scents. And what cologne did he wear before?

"As soon as I created my own, I forgot all the others," he grinned.

And Tameka — did you help too? "I believe I helped inspire them," she said, a tad icily.

Beyoncé was a bit of a surprise, considering she is the face of Emporio Armani Diamonds, a rival fragrance.

"It's beautiful," she told me of Usher's scent. "It's very feminine, very sexy."

SOurce: NYDaily News

I would :wub: :wub: :wub: to know the back story on this....

Me too and I don't care about these people at all. Still, there is something so twisted about this entire deal.... I'd just love to know the details.

I'd just love to pull his ears. It's all I think about when I see pictures of him, pulling his ears and making raspberry noises! He's just got one of those inviting baby faces that demands having his ears pulled! :wacko:

No Girls For Tameka

http://www.dlisted.com/

Posted Image

Usher has already confirmed that his wife, Tameka Foster, is holding a little baby boy. That's good news for Tameka since homegirl hates girls. At the Dream Concert a woman was overheard telling Tameka that she thought she was going to "have a girl."

Tameka snapped back at her ass, "No girls for me. I hate girls!"

Wow, well there you go. Bitch knows that any bio-girl standing next to her will make her look like the true man she really is. Let's be real, girlfriend looks like a dude in a wig. They know they are having a boy, because they already ordered it. Dudes can't give birth! I tried a million times already!

Usher And Pregnant Wife Tameka Foster Vacay In Miami

Posted Image

Usher and his wife pregnant wife Tameka Foster enjoy lunch while on vacation in Miami. The newlyweds had spent the morning shopping for kids clothes at trendy ‘MiniOxygene.’

Usher has reportedly postponed the release date of his new album because of his personal life, which form the looks of these pictures he’s really enjoying. Looks like Ush is looking forward to being a dad.

Posted Image

Jermaine Dupri Launches Tell-All Book

In his dishy new memoir, Young, Rich, and Dangerous: The Making of A Music Mogul, Jermaine Dupri looks back on his successful producing career and the big names he worked with – to say nothing of the one singer who stole his heart: Janet Jackson.

At Monday night's Manhattan launch of the book, the 35-year-old hip-hop impresario and rapper, with a very svelte Jackson at his side, told PEOPLE: "I'm excited. I get to add the title 'author' to my titles, I guess. ... I can't wait to get to a bookstore and see it tomorrow."

Besides Jackson – who said of her boyfriend's book, "I think it's awesome" – also at the hotspot Marquee to help celebrate the newly published author: rapper Nas and wife Kelis, Boyz II Men and Joey Fatone, who told PEOPLE, "I haven't read the book, but I am excited to read it."

When it comes to having Jackson, 41, with him on his big night, Dupri said that they're always together, "so it's meant to be. … We just have fun."

As for what's next, Dupri said he's about "to finish her album, finish Mariah's album, finish Usher's album. I just did two songs on Jay Z's new album, Nelly, Murphy Lee. Just ... planning for all these records to come out at the first of the year."

In the meantime, there's Young, Rich, and Dangerous: The Making of A Music Mogul, excerpts from which follow here.

On Usher

[in 1997] Usher was a far cry from the sex symbol he became. It was always in him. But that side of him was buried deep. Puberty had been rough on him. He had bad skin until my mom hooked him up with a dermatologist who could take care of his problem. He was spending so much time moped out and not working on himself that he was all skinny. All he ate was junk food. Usher could inhale a box of Krispy Kremes in less than an hour. He was living on greasy s--- like burgers and fried chicken. When he came to my house my mom made us Sloppy Joes and he said he'd never had them before. Home cooking was such a treat, he grabbed the last one!

On Mariah Carey

Even though Mariah always considered herself to be first and foremost a black woman, everyone at the label was scared of her being too urban. She's far from some 'hood rat, but she's definitely a lil' ghetto and she was tired of being the "ballad queen."

On Jay-Z

Gambling is how I bond with people. ... Me and Jay-Z bet on basketball games all the time. One time I lost $15,000 to him. The next week, when he saw me backstage before a performance, the first thing he asked me was, 'Where's my money?' I handed him over a fat wad of Benjamins and stood there while he counted. He ended up spraying most of the bills at the audience when he was onstage.

On Janet Jackson

Life with Janet is just real normal. When we hang out, we hang out at home. She's a homebody. We don't want to be out on the road all the time. ... We drive around the city and watch people. We get take-out. We buy strawberry smoothies from Smoothie King. We watch our shows, The Sopranos and Entourage. If Jan's around on weekends and holidays we hang out with my [9-year-old] daughter, Shaniah."

Sources: Usher & Tameka Welcome a Baby Boy

By Linda Marx and Tiffany McGee

Usher and his wife, Tameka Foster, welcomed a baby boy on Monday night, multiple sources tell PEOPLE.

While reps for Usher and Foster were not immediately available for comment, one source says Usher was with his wife and new child Tuesday at an Atlanta hospital, and the family is expected to head home on Wednesday.

No other details were available.

Usher, 29, and Foster, 36, announced the pregnancy in June. In September, Usher told PEOPLE that they were expecting a boy, and added, "I just want my son to fully be coherent and to be healthy, first and foremost."

The couple were married in a quiet civil ceremony in Atlanta on Sept. 1.

Usher's a Dad!

Usher's baby boy is finally here!

The singer's wife, Tameka Foster, gave birth in Atlanta at 9:55 pm on Monday night. Their son—who weighed seven pounds, nine ounces—is the couple's first child, although Tameka, 37, has three children from her previous marriage. "We are so proud of our beautiful son," Usher says of their bundle of joy. "What a blessing."

The 29-year-old superstar, who announced his child's sex in September, had long expressed his hope for a son. Although the child's name has not been revealed yet, the singer explained on The Ellen DeGeneres Show in August that he wants to pass on his name.

"If it's a boy, I'm going to name him Usher," he said. "I'm hoping to name him that. I've been playing with a few names. I'm the fourth. Usher Raymond IV. I just want to pass the name on."

Usher and Tameka, a stylist, tied the knot in a private ceremony in August after nixing their Hamptons nuptials a week prior.

Usher's Mom Says His New Baby Is a 'Blessing'

Usher's mother, Jonnetta Patton, tells PEOPLE that her new grandson is God's gift to her son and his wife, just in time for the holidays.

"I'm extremely excited and filled with joy about the birth of my grandson, Usher Raymond V," Patton says. "He is beautiful, precious, healthy and such a blessing. I'm very happy for my son and his wife. God has truly blessed them with a special gift. This will be an amazing holiday season for all of us."

Usher's wife, Tameka, gave birth to Usher Raymond V on Monday night. "We are so happy and proud of our beautiful son," the couple said in a statement.

Tameka Foster Whines A Lot

Posted Image

Tameka Foster is sick of people making fun of her and told Essence Magazine that it's because she's black and black women love to hate on other black women.

She said, "We (black women) don't like ourselves. If I were Hispanic, Usher would have the sexiest wife alive. If I were mixed, he'd have the sexiest wife alive. But he has a black girl, and it's like, 'She's horrible and she's ugly!' "OK, maybe I don't fit the cookie-cutter standard - 25 and a size two - but this is who he loves."

"There are women getting raped in Darfur, young girls being turned out every single day right here in Atlanta. We have bigger issues to worry about than two people in love with each other".

Okay, then why doesn't she call up Mia Farrow and help out with Darfur instead of bitching and moaning about how people don't like her! She's complaining about people complaining. People are always going to make fun of you. It's not because of what you look like, it's because your in the public eye and out there. Deal with it.

http://www.dlisted.com/

Usher ends Flo Rida's reign on singles chart By Jonathan Cohen

R&B singer Usher ended rapper Flo Rida's 10-week reign on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart Thursday as his new single posted the third-largest jump to the top in the survey's 50-year history.

"Love in This Club" featuring Young Jeezy soared 50 places to No. 1, powered by 198,000 downloads -- the largest first-week sum since Sean Kingston shifted 260,000 downloads last July. The track, Usher's eighth No. 1, is from his new album, "Here I Stand," due in June.

The record for the longest leap was set by pop group Maroon 5 last May when "Makes Me Wonder" jumped 63 places; in 2002, Kelly Clarkson's "A Moment Like This" rose 51 places.

Flo Rida's "Low" slipped to No. 2. The artist, whose real name is Tramar Dillard, will release his debut album, "Mail on Sunday," on March 18.

The next three songs were each down one place: Chris Brown's "With You" at No. 3, Rihanna's "Don't Stop the Music" at No. 4, and Sara Bareilles' "Love Song" at No. 5.

Jordin Sparks' "No Air" featuring Chris Brown jumped seven places to No. 6, and Timbaland's "Apologize" featuring OneRepublic slipped one to No. 7.

Alicia Keys' "No One" fell three to No. 8, as Webbie, Lil' Phat & Boosie's "Independent" held at No. 9, and Snoop Dogg's "Sensual Seduction" dropped three to No. 10.

The chart's top debut came from Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova's "Falling Slowly," which recently won the best song Oscar. The track from the film "Once" opened at No. 61.

Reuters/Billboard

VIDEO BEAUTY IRKS MRS. USHER

Foster was "domineering" and displayed her trademark "Tameka wrath" during a video shoot for Usher's new song, "Love in the Club," the weekend of March 15 in LA.

Our on-set source said Foster was upset when she found out stunning singer/songwriter Keri Hilson was personally picked by Usher to play his love interest in the video.

"It was supposed to be a sexy video shoot," our spy said. "And Tameka was there the entire time guarding like a watchdog. It was ridiculous - she knows Keri and knows she's no video ho or Karrine Steffans." Steffans, nicknamed "Superhead," wrote the book, "Video Vixen," about her alleged flings with Usher and several other artists.

"Tameka is very insecure," our source said. "Even in rehearsals she was weird and clearly not happy that Keri is so gorgeous. Tameka threw a lot of attitude. The day of the shoot, Tameka dressed Keri very badly - she looked like an extra. Tameka wouldn't let Keri have her hairdresser there - she had to use the hairdresser who was doing the extras."

Foster also took a dislike to Usher's longtime choreographer, Jamaica, and banned her from the set. When Usher and Foster were spotted at the Beverly Hills Hotel last week, "They barely said one word to each other," we're told.

The two have had a choppy past. After they got engaged, Usher fired his mom, Jonetta Patton, as his manager and also axed his publicists. "Tameka was the one and only one to call the shots," spies said.

They were supposed to wed last summer at L.A. Reid's Hamptons estate - but the wedding was called off at the last minute. They wed a week later in Atlanta, and Foster gave birth to their son, Usher Raymond V, in November. Usher's album, which may be called "Regret," was supposed to have come out last year but was delayed due to his wedding and baby. It is now expected by June.

Usher's manager, Benny Medina, said via e-mail: "Keri could not have been happier with Tameka's choices in the styling, hair and makeup . . . Jamaica was flown out and arrived a day late to do Keri's choreography, and was on-set at all times. The shoot itself went brilliantly."

Source: NYPost

R&B star Usher has laughed off reports his stylist wife Tameka Foster clashed with singer Keri Hilson on the set of his latest music video "Love In This Club." Hilson features in the promo as Usher's on-screen love interest, and the New York Post's gossip column Page Six claimed Foster deliberately tried to sabotage the shoot by dressing her in unstylish clothes, leaving the The Way I Are singer upset. A source told the publication: "The day of the shoot, Tameka dressed Keri very badly - she looked like an extra." The article also alleged Foster "took a dislike to Usher's longtime choreographer, Jamaica, and banned her from the set". However, Usher's manager Benny Medina insists there is no truth to the rumors. He says, "Keri could not have been happier with Tameka's choices in the styling, hair and make-up. Jamaica was flown out and arrived a day late to do Keri's choreography, and was on-set at all times. The shoot itself went brilliantly."

Source: Panachereport.com

Usher's new album brought forward to May

NEW YORK (Billboard) - Originally scheduled for a June release, R&B singer Usher's new album has been pushed forward to May 27 due to what his label claims is "increasing global demand."

ADVERTISEMENT

The first single from "Here I Stand" (LaFace/Zomba), "Love In This Club" featuring Young Jeezy, is currently No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100.

"Here I Stand" is the follow-up to 2004's "Confessions," which has sold 9.5 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Reuters/Billboard

Chilli Speaks Out Over Usher Breakup

TLC star Rozonda 'Chilli' Thomas has finally spoken out about her split from ex-boyfriend Usher, insisting the much-hyped break-up had nothing to do with revelations the singer made on his Confessions album.

Both Usher and Thomas refused to speak about the 2003 split, despite speculation suggesting the clues to the break-up were literally written all over his album.

Songs about cheating led fans to believe the "Waterfalls" singer had dumped the R&B stud after learning he had been unfaithful, and in the song "Burn," he sang about ending a relationship he no longer wanted to be in.

But Thomas insists the album had nothing to do with the break-up, telling Sister2Sister magazine, "We were together when he was recording that album. I was in the studio with him on most of those songs, so I guess people just don't do the math with it all. We didn't break up because of infidelity or anything like that. We broke up because we just did not work, and that's it."

Source: starpulse

Jay-Z and Usher Hit Two L.A. Hot Spots

In town for his sold-out Hollywood Bowl show, newlywed Jay-Z hung out at a couple of swank L.A. joints with his pal Usher on Thursday.

Kicking off their night at Katsuya Hollywood, the duo chatted away over dinner at a table policed by two bodyguards. Following the meal, the music moguls headed to the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, where the night before Jay-Z hosted a private dinner and afterparty, joined by his wife, Beyoncé.

Arriving just after 11:30 p.m., Usher and Jay-Z, who wore shades, settled into a VIP table in the back of the Roosevelt’s club, Teddy’s, to enjoy the weekly jazz night, sponsored by Hennessey. The guys quietly sipped champagne, then made their way out about an hour later, leaving the partying to such other celebs as Drew Barrymore's boyfriend Justin Long.

Earlier in the evening, Jay-Z watched the Yankees-Red Sox game at Parlor, an upscale sports bar, with four other friends and his security team. Noshing on nachos, chicken paninis and onion rings, the guys washed down the grub with a round of Corona Lights.

Source: People

Usher: 'Brown Is The Next Me'

R&B star Usher has hailed fellow singer Chris Brown as a younger version of himself - insisting the star will "follow the same path".

Usher, 29, was just 15 when he released his self-titled debut album in 1994 and has gone on to forge a highly successful music career.

And the you Make Me Wanna hit-maker is convinced Brown, 19, is all set to follow in his footsteps and dominate the R&B scene.

He says, "All of this young energy is great for the industry. Chris is the guy who dances and sings, which is a lot like I do and did as a young artist as well. If time serves us correctly, and artists are continuing to better themselves, then hopefully he'll follow the same path that I did."

Source: starpulse

Usher – I Will Not Pimp Out My Baby

Brangelina, J. Lo, and Scientolofam before them, Usher Raymond says he won't be selling snaps of his kid for money.

"I am livid that people talk about my child," Usher tells the New York Post, and says he won't sell the lil' guy out. The proof? He has already posed, for no money, with his kid for a Father's Day cover for Essence.

As for his supposedly tempestuous marriage, Usher says he stands by Tameka Foster "as a man loving my wife and being there for my child."

Source :TMZ