Sign in to follow this  
MissuTam

Usher

YBF EXCLUSIVE: Usher & Tameka Raymond File For Separation!

Well what do we have here? Extremely reliable sources close to Mr. Raymond himself have confirmed to TheYBF.com that Usher has indeed filed for separation from his wife of only 9 months Tameka Raymond. I’m told he actually filed three weeks ago. And Usher is torn on whether he will be making an official announcement or not as he wants to save face and just let it “leak”. How convenient that his album releases in exactly 6 days, his second video hit the net today, and his album leaked yesterday. We’ve been here before with the pre-album release publicity stunts (remember the Chilli breakup right before Confessions?). So I’m really not surprised.

But it is interesting that Mrs. Raymond was just on set with Usher for his MTV snippet tapings on Sunday. At the very beginning of their relationship almost a year ago, sources were screaming left and right that this whole relationship was a sham and Tameka was strictly a pawn. And their relationship was all for publicity for his soon to be released album. And clearly this may not have been as far fetched as people thought.

At this time, it’s unclear as to what reason–if any–Ursh is going to give for their separation. But I have two guesses…both of which fit the classic Usher-pre-album-release-publicity stunts he has pulled before with previous album releases. Either the beef between the Mrs. and Mama Ursh is too much for Usher to handle, or he found out baby Usher V is not his. Regardless, Urshmeka is chillin’ on Splitsville Lane right now and time will only tell how this is all about to play out.

Rep: Usher Split Rumor "Completely False"

Thursday May 22, 2008

Usher and his wife Tameka Foster are not separating.

TheYBF.com reported Thursday that the R&B crooner had filed for separation from his wife of nine months.

"It's 100% not true," Usher's manager Benny Medina tells Usmagazine.com.

"Usher and Tameka are currently traveling in Europe together as a family on his promotional tour," he added. "This rumor is completely false."

The pair confirmed their August 2007 nuptials exclusively to Usmagazine.com

“It was beautiful and private,” Usher gushed to Us. of their wedding in Atlanta, Georgia. "We didn’t have a first dance – but we had a lovely, intimate dinner filled with candlelight and flowers.”

They exchanged vows again on September 1.

They welcomed their first son, Usher Raymond V, last year.

Usher set for No. 1 album despite sales plunge

R&B star Usher's new album will easily claim the No. 1 spot on the U.S. pop chart next Wednesday, but its sales will be about one-third those of his previous chart-topper, according to preliminary data.

"Here I Stand" sold about 146,000 copies during its first day of release Tuesday, according to a selection of leading retailers who report their data to tracking firm Nielsen SoundScan. Billboard estimates the nine merchants, which include Best Buy, Borders and iTunes, account for about 80% of all U.S. album sales.

The first-day figure for Usher is near the 154,000 that Mariah Carey's "E=MC2" began with in April. She finished the week with 463,000, though that number was amplified by an aggressive promotional campaign that included stops on "Oprah Winfrey" and "American Idol."

Usher's debut might be more in line with that of Jack Johnson's "Sleep Through the Static" earlier this year. It sold 121,000 copies on its first day and finished the week with 375,000.

Usher's last album, 2004's "Confessions," debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 with first-week sales of 1.1 million copies and spent nine weeks at the top. With U.S. sales to date of 9.5 million, "Confessions" is the biggest release by a male solo singer since Garth Brooks' 1991 album "Ropin' the Wind," which has shifted 9.6 million.

The current chart-topper is Mississippi rock band 3 Doors Down's self-titled fourth album, which sold about 154,000 copies during its first week.

Reuters/Billboard

New Dad Usher Gives Advice on Fatherhood

Posted Image

He may be a music superstar – but these days Usher is more interested in fatherhood than hit records.

The 29-year-old singer debuts his namesake 9-month-old son Usher Raymond V on the August cover of Essence magazine, and says that raising his son is a responsibility he takes very seriously.

"Now I represent what he is to become," Usher says about his son. "He's gonna admire me, he's gonna look up to me. He's gonna say, 'I wanna be' – or he should say – 'I wanna be like my father. I wanna be a man of valor. I wanna possess what my father has as a man.'"

Though the singer's relationship with his own father, Usher Raymond III, was troubled, he says, "I don't judge my father because I forgave him for anything he'd ever done to hurt me unintentionally."

However, Usher's childhood has colored his views on fatherhood. "You should never abandon that responsibility, which is to be there, reading with your child, being supportive of your child's growth," he says when asked what advice he'd give to young parents.

Usher, who recently told PEOPLE that his 2007 marriage to Tameka Foster put him in a "great place", adds that baby Usher Raymond V is an "extension of his union" with Foster.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/marc_malki...ily_crisis.html

Usher's wif rumored to have died during Plastic surgery, reps deny it and say neurosurgeon on way to Brazil.

Usher Cancels Pre-Grammy Gig Due to "Serious" Family Emergency

Today 7:55 AM PST by Marc Malkin

Usher, Tameka Foster The Bank Nightclub

Usher is dealing with a family crisis.

Record mogul Clive Davis shocked guests at his annual star-studded pre-Grammys party Saturday night when he announced that the R&B superstar would not be performing as planned.

Davis, president of Usher's J Records label, announced that the entertainer and his mother phoned earlier to cancel his rehearsal and subsequent performance at the Beverly Hilton because of a "serious illness in the family."

Reps for Usher declined to comment or elaborate on the sad news, but a source close to the 30-year-old denies rumors that his wife, Tameka Foster, 37, had died following plastic surgery. Access Hollywood does report, however, that Foster did suffer complications from a cosmetic procedure in Brazil.

The couple have been married since August 2007 and have two children. Foster formerly worked as Usher's stylist.

(Originally published Feb. 8, 2009 at 1:01 a.m. PT.)

Why have surgery in Brazil? Is this common? Doesnt sound good especially if a neurosurgeon was called.

Why have surgery in Brazil? Is this common? Doesnt sound good especially if a neurosurgeon was called.

Dr. Ivo Pitanguy is supposed to be the top surgeon in the world, he has a private island in Brazil with a world renown surgery center. The wealthiest people have their work done there, he was just featured in W mag ,Tom Cruise and Katie were just there.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-181752437.html

Edited by taco

Brazil has highest per capita incidence of plastic surgery of any country in the world. Lots of good (and bad, and cheap) surgeons there. Many people go there for surgery & recovery.

Brazil hospital mum on health of Usher's wife

Tue Feb 10, 11:46 am ET

SAO PAULO (AFP) – A Brazilian hospital treating the wife of US R&B singer Usher for serious health complications arising from plastic surgery refused Tuesday to comment on her health.

"The family has demanded total privacy. The hospital is barred from giving any information," a spokeswoman for the Sirio-Libanes Hospital in Sao Paulo told AFP.

She confirmed that Tameka Foster, the 37-year-old wife of Usher and mother of their two children, had been admitted to the facility, considered the top hospital in Brazil.

Usher, 30, has cancelled concerts in the United States and rushed to Brazil to be with his wife.

His publicist, Simone Smalls, released a statement to media in the United States on Monday saying Foster was "in stable condition after suffering complications from routine surgery in Brazil."

The Brazilian news website G1 reported that Foster was rushed to the Sirio-Libanes Hospital's intensive care unit last Friday after a medical emergency during a liposuction operation.

She had suffered cardiac and respiratory arrest as she was being anesthetized for the cosmetic surgery, it said.

Foster had reportedly been put into an induced coma for 24 hours and was now recovering.

G1 reported that a US neuro-surgeon from the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, Gabriel Hunt, was handling her case. He left the Sao Paulo hospital late Monday without giving comment.

Usher's Divorce Turns Tuneful

When life hands you divorce ... turn it into a hit song?

That seems to be Usher's strategy with his still untitled new album. He's taking an equally adversarial tone in his lilting first single, "Papers," in which the R&B star sings that he's ready to move on.

The tune, which premiered online Monday, references pivotal moments in Usher's personal life, including his decision to fire his mother as his manager. "I gave my heart and turned my back against the world 'cuz you were my girl," he sings, continuing, "I done damn near lost my mama/I done been through so much drama/I done turned into the man I never thought I'd be/I'm ready to sign them papers."

The singer filed his divorce petition in June, though sources told PEOPLE at the time that Usher, 30, and Tameka Foster Raymond had been living separate lives for months. The couple have two sons, Usher Raymond V, 22 months, and Naviyd, 9 months.

Usher's sixth album will be released on Dec. 8.

Source People

Usher's Wife 'Cleared Of Scratching His Car'

Usher's estranged wife Tameka Foster has been cleared of allegations that she refused to leave the star's property and scratched his car after a heated row.

According to TMZ, the singer called police to his home on two separate occasions, accusing Foster of damaging his vehicle.

She was interviewed by officials following the incident, though no evidence or witnesses were found to substantiate Usher's claim.

The Yeah! artist filed for divorce from Foster in June, demanding joint custody of their sons, Usher Raymond V, 22 months, and Naviyd, 10 months.

Usher's former partner has since stated that she was given "no warning" that he was planning to leave her.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Usher, Chilli Back Together Again?

Usher and ex-girlfriend Rozonda 'Chilli' Thomas are reportedly a couple again.

According to In Touch Weekly, the R&B star and TLC singer were recently spotted "kissing" and "cuddling" backstage after Usher's show at the Mandalay Bay Hotel in Las Vegas. The couple were then seen shopping for jewellery the following day.

The pair allegedly called off their two-year romance in 2003 after Usher became too candid about their relationship on his Confessions album.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Usher: 'Papers' Was Prophetic'

Usher has said that his newest single was a case of life imitating art, according to MTV News.

The R&B singer, whose song 'Papers' chronicles a man's struggle with a failing marriage, filed for divorce from his wife Tameka Foster last year. Usher claimed that he did not know that he would get a divorce when the song was written.

"I think people would have immediately alluded to the fact I was talking about my wife when I made that record - and now my ex-wife", Usher said. "When the song was recorded, I wasn't divorced."

Foster has also stated that the song was strictly for "entertainment" and should not be taken literally.

Usher will release the album Raymond v. Raymond, produced by Zaytoven and written by Sean Garrett, on March 30.

Source digitalspy.co.uk