Sign in to follow this  
Zion

Kirstie Alley

Brolin and Alley sign on for Russell's "Nailed"

James Brolin is replacing James Caan in David O. Russell's "Nailed," with Kirstie Alley and Olivia Crocicchia also boarding the politically charged romantic comedy.

Caan departed the film three weeks ago, in large part because of a spat with Russell ("I Heart Huckabees") about the proper way for his politico character to choke on a cookie. Brolin can turn to his son Josh for advice: The younger Brolin will portray George W. Bush choking on a pretzel in a scene from Oliver Stone's upcoming biopic.

Alley, in her first feature role since 2002, will play a veterinarian who fails to remove a nail from the head of her niece (Jessica Biel). With the help of a disgruntled tween (Crocicchia), the injured woman travels to Washington to fight for better health care and falls for a congressman (Jake Gyllenhaal).

Brolin last played a politician in 2003, when he starred as Ronald Reagan in Showtime's "The Reagans."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Kirstie Alley’s diet woes

The Scoop

Kirstie Alley’s plans to market her weight loss part deux are well underway.

The “Fat Actress” star has gained back nearly half the weight which she lost on her Jenny Craig diet (that’s the same weight loss that landed her on “Oprah” in a bathing suit) and will share her new slimming secrets in 2009, reports In Touch.

“I’m developing (the diet plan),” Alley told the magazine. “I want to create something new that will help millions of people end the never-ending fatty roller-coaster ride.”

She lost 75 pounds in 2006 and put 30 back on in just five months. A source for the magazine said Kirstie gained the weight by eating regularly at Pinkberry frozen-dessert restaurants and a Chinese restaurant. “I’ve been a kid in a candy store,” Alley said.

Kirstie Alley’s diet woes

The Scoop

Kirstie Alley’s plans to market her weight loss part deux are well underway.

The “Fat Actress” star has gained back nearly half the weight which she lost on her Jenny Craig diet (that’s the same weight loss that landed her on “Oprah” in a bathing suit) and will share her new slimming secrets in 2009, reports In Touch.

“I’m developing (the diet plan),” Alley told the magazine. “I want to create something new that will help millions of people end the never-ending fatty roller-coaster ride.”

She lost 75 pounds in 2006 and put 30 back on in just five months. A source for the magazine said Kirstie gained the weight by eating regularly at Pinkberry frozen-dessert restaurants and a Chinese restaurant. “I’ve been a kid in a candy store,” Alley said.

Uhhh, here's a diet plan for you- stop eating at Pinkberry frozen dessert restaurants and eating Chinese food. No need for an entire book for that.

She may be a friggin mess now, but I'm old enough to remember when she was smokin' hot. She really should have had a better career, because she's good with comedy too.

On Wednesday Kirstie Alley tweeted in that circa 1997 all-caps text that she favors that she’s somehow replacing Paula Abdul as a judge on American Idol. How this is even possible when Kirstie has no experience in music and is best known for an 1980s sitcom and her yo-yo weight is beyond me. It just goes to show how stupid producers must have been to let Paula go in the first place.

I WANTED TO ANNOUNCE FIRST ON TWITTER…that I AM REPLACING PAULA ABDUL ON IDOL!!!!!!!!! THe network will kill me but THERE IT IS FOLKS!!

12:39 PM Aug 5th from web

DEAD SERIOUS! I AM REPLACING PAULA ON IDOL..CAN’T WAIT TO F SIMON UP…BEEN WORKING ON IT FOR MONTHS! PAULA ANNOUNCED LEAVING TODAY VIA TWIT

12:48 PM Aug 5th from web

WHEN I AM A JUDGE ON AL, [sic] I will tweet to U during entire show…HI peeps!

about 13 hours ago from web

[From Twitter]

I really hope that if Alley had an actual chance to replace Paula on Idol she completely ruined it by posting the news on Twitter before an announcement was made. Kirstie’s rep confirmed to Radar Online that something was in the works with Idol, saying simply “She is ecstatic at the prospect.” Idol producers, put down whatever the hell you’re smoking and give Paula a call. Kiss her ass and offer her the $10 million a year that she supposedly wants. TMZ is reporting that Paula will be willing to continue negotiations if that amount is on the table. It will be a lot cheaper in the long run than hiring a public relations disaster like Kirstie.

Confirmed guest judges for next season include Victoria Beckham and Katy Perry. Maybe Kirstie is just confused and was only being asked if she would consider a guest judge position. After all, this is the woman who thought that the “Mother’s Act” bill to screen women for postpartum depression somehow included a provision for “BABIES HAVING PROZAC squirted in there [sic] eyes at birth to prevent depression later on,” as if that were even a remote possibility. Kirstie is a devout Scientologist and while she may superficially seem less crazy than Paula, at least Paula has extensive experience in the music industry.

source

Maybe it's a plant by the cult in an attempt to get their grubby little paws on Simon's $gazillions.

In which case I'd say there's more chance of TC donning a blond wig, wrestling singlet and false boobs and miming to "YMCA" on Oprah!

My first reaction was 'oh that Alley ~ what a kidder!' My second reaction is to wonder if this has anything to do with her new diet. You know ~ maybe the wrong kind of chemicals in the diet have created some kind of delusion in the brain?

:wacko:

You're more charitable than I am, kappy22. My first reaction was "God, I hope she hasn't gone back to the coke after all this time."

does any one know if this is true?

Whether she actually tweeted that? Yes, the link is included at the bottom of the post.

Whether or not the Idol folks are considering Alley? I don't know, but if they want to replace crazy with crazy...

Alley Doubles Charity Donation

KIRSTIE ALLEY struggled to determine a winner in her online Twitter charity contest on Sunday (22Nov09) - so she awarded two contestants $1,000 (£625) cheques for their favoured organisations.

The former Cheers star decided to pit her fans against each other for the chance to earn cash for their favourite charity, just by answering why they wanted their cause to win the money.

The actress was deluged with entries - so she agreed to donate $2,000 (£1,250), double what she originally offered, to split between two good causes.

Alley picked www.soldiersangels.org, which sends letters to troops in war zones, and SACA, a local food bank in Silverton, Oregon, after they were suggested by two of her Twitter.com fans.

Source contactmusic

I've never cared about Alley one way or the other, but her stance on the Polanski case makes me like her and I'm cheering for her A&E show to do well, for her to lose the weight and find love.

"JUST FOR THE RECORD....RAPE IS RAPE...this is one HOLLYWOOD STAR who does not CELEBRATE or DEFEND Roman Polanski..his ART did not RAPE her," Alley wrote on Twitter.

there's always been a cool aspect about her. Letterman once said she was one of his favorite interviews because she gets that she's there to entertain. the scientology and crudeness aren't attractive to me, but she can bottom line it at times.

I've always been a fan going back to the Star Trek and Cheer's days. I was always saddened for her that she gained so much weight and then had to deal with the way the media handled it. But then you see her on talk shows and realize the woman knows she has a good life and she's not pitying herself in any way. Go Alley!

Kirstie Alley Has Slimming Fridge

Kirstie Alley plans to put slim pictures of herself on her fridge in a bid to lose weight.

The 'Look Who's Talking' actress' weight has fluctuated greatly over the years and she is now so determined to regain her svelte figure she is getting inspiration from flattering photos of herself.

She wrote on her twitter page: "My trainer told me to stick pics of myself the way I like to look on my fridge and in my car... I am looking for those today. Good idea! (sic)"

Her plan seems to be working as Kirstie has already lost 6lbs since the start of the year thanks to a sensible diet and salsa dancing.

She tweeted: "YEEEHAA WOOHOO... LOST 6 POUNDS since Jan.1 Yay yay... so 6 pounds in 11 days... I'll take it!!! FEELS GREAT to be ON TRACK... hear that ENQUIRER?

"Going to start my day... Salsa dancing and filming... it's a pretty damn good life today. if your scene is getting phitter join me at www.phitter

"SALSA SALSA SALSA.....ARRRIBBAAA... now THIS is my kinda workout!!! love love love!! (sic)"

Source femalefirst

Kirstie Alley Lashes Out At Online Bullies

Kirstie Alley is fuming after online bullies targeted her teenage daughter on social networking site Twitter.com.

The Cheers star was shocked to discover 15-year-old Lillie had been receiving nasty messages on the microblogging site, and immediately urged the youngster to delete her account.

In a series of posts on her own Twitter page, the actress fumes, "What would you do to people who harass your children viciously on twitter?

"Since BLOCKING them is not working... somehow they have found a way around blocking... I'm going to request that my daughter leaves Twitter.

"I WOULD tell you who they are and where to find them. But they are so psychotic that I refuse to give them any power or attention... ignore.

"I expected people to treat my 15 year old daughter with respect and kindness, just like I would their child."

Source femalefirst

Kirstie Alley denies Scientology link to diet plan

Kirstie Alley has hit back at reports her new weight loss program will fund Scientology teachings, insisting the accusations are "not true."

The former Jenny Craig spokeswoman recently launched Organic Liaison LLC after years of battling her size under the glare of the spotlight.

Members pay between $10 and $149 per month to follow the regimen, which combines an organic food diet with vitamins and supplements.

Recent reports suggested money from the company was channeled directly into the church after links between Organic Liaison and Scientology were uncovered. The firm's accountant, Saul B Lipson, is a known Scientologist whose company is approved by the church and based near its headquarters in Clearwater, Florida. The board also features active Scientologist Michelle Seward.

But on an appearance on the "Today" show, Alley, a practicing Scientologist, insists the claims have no merit.

She says, "It's bulls**t. It's not true. The address in Clearwater is my accountant, and he's a Scientology Jew."

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate...7#ixzz0iSyxM3G1

She says, "It's bulls**t. It's not true. The address in Clearwater is my accountant, and he's a Scientology Jew."

Not really helping your case.... :rolleyes:

Not really helping your case.... :rolleyes:

O, I don't know. My Rabbi knows another rabbi who is an aetheist. seriously.

Hey it could happen. :rolleyes:

Kirstie Alley Doesn't Miss Sex

Kirstie Alley doesn't miss sex now she's single.

The 'Look Who's Talking' actress - who is twice divorced - can live without the physical aspect of relationships because she has to be in love with someone to want to sleep with them.

Speaking to US TV talk show host Larry King last night (18.03.10), she said: "I don't miss sexuality. If I was in love with someone, you know, I'd want to bang their brains out! I miss being in love. I miss missing someone and being in love with someone and waiting for them to call."

Although Kirstie's sex life is not very active at the moment, she wouldn't turn down a romantic advance from Hollywood star Jamie Foxx.

Larry said: "Are you saying if Jamie Foxx knocked on your door you'd have an affair with him almost immediately?"

Kirstie quipped: "If not sooner!"

The 59-year-old star hasn't been single for so long since she was a teenager, but admits she loves the freedom.

She said: "I've been with someone since I was 15 years old. I've always had a boyfriend or a husband or something, you know? This is the first time in my life since I was 15 that I had time to do what I wanted to do."

Source contactmusic

Kirstie Alley didn't realize Oprah strip would haunt her forever

Kirstie Alley regrets stripping down to her bikini on Oprah Winfrey's chat show in 2006, because the "error" will haunt her for the rest of her life.

The former "Cheers" actress went on the show to unveil her new slim look after losing 80 pounds in the space of a year.

She only agreed to remove her clothes because there were no photographers present during filming - but failed to realize clips of her sexy strip would become an internet sensation on YouTube.

Alley tells talk show host Larry King, "Let me tell you something very stupid about myself. This is what I said when I did that. No one is allowed to take photographs. I live in 1938. And I thought, well, there's no photographs, so this will be the end. I'll walk out, I'll go blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. That's the end of that. So stupid. All they have to do is take a framed shot. You know, and little did I know that this would be all over YouTube. It has had like millions of hits. It was its own show.

"Of course it wasn't Oprah's idea, because she doesn't have stupid ideas. It was my idea, because I just thought, if I can get myself to come out here in a bikini, then I know that I am liberated. And then I realized, oh my God, now I have to live with this for the rest of my life. I made some errors in my life."

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate...7#ixzz0iunhq3JY

Alley Refuses Plastic Surgery To Keep Roles Coming

Actress KIRSTIE ALLEY refuses to go under the knife to preserve her looks - because she is convinced her wrinkles will help her land more movie roles.

The former Cheers star, 59, insists she is content with her features and would never consider undergoing plastic surgery, especially as more and more actresses turn to the surgeon's knife to stay young in the industry.

She says, "I'm not a surgery girl, I haven't had plastic surgery. I don't wanna have it but it's hard when you see your peers and things and they have. I go back and forth and think, 'Who's gonna play grandmothers in movies?' You gotta be 100 to be a grandmother in a movie! So maybe it just gives our group (actresses without surgery) more longevity to be filming."

Source contactmusic

Kirstie Alley Bonded With Elizabeth Taylor Over Weight Jibes

KIRSTIE Alley has revealed how Hollywood legend Elizabeth Taylor helped her put her life into perspective.

The former Cheers star told Ladies’ Home Journal that she bonded with Taylor because they’ve both been “stalked” for “being fat”.

“Elizabeth Taylor and I were laughing at lunch the other day,” Kirstie revealed. “We realized there’ve been a few famous women who’ve been targeted for their weight — and she and I are two of them.

“We’ve been stalked for decades for being fat.

“Elizabeth Taylor helped me put things in perspective. She taught me to enjoy the craziness — and, more important, to laugh at it.”

Alley — who reportedly shot up from 10st 3lbs to 16st 6lbs in two years — confessed she felt so low about her weight gain at one point that she went into hiding.

“My self-esteem was basically zero, so it was hard to get the eating under control,” she said. “It made me completely self-conscious. I stopped going out, especially to restaurants… I succumbed to the meanness and attacks and lost my way in the process. I’m telling you, it was hell.”

Source showbizspy.com

Alley's Blind Date Ban

Actress KIRSTIE ALLEY has banned friends from setting her up on blind dates, after an awkward one night stand with a poorly-endowed potential suitor.

The former Cheers star was looking for a short term romance after her split from second husband Parker Stevenson in 1997, and agreed to be set up.

But Alley regretted the brief fling after going to bed with her date just hours after they met.

She says, "I have been set up on blind dates. I can't say they're successful. The worst blind date I went on I slept with him.

"This was a long time ago and I slept with this guy and he was tiny - not tiny like, kinda tiny - TINY... So I didn't have a good blind date."

Source contactmusic