BobbyD

Kate Hudson

I don't think Kate is the beard for hire type. You really think that's what it was? If that's the case, there are a ton of better options he could have picked.....

I don't think Kate is the beard for hire type. You really think that's what it was? If that's the case, there are a ton of better options he could have picked.....

I would bet that most public relationships like this are of the money type. Was there any gay rumors about him BK (BeforeKate)? I suppose it could have been a real 'ship, but I also believe in Santa Claus (not since I was 5). I also think that there is a perception that if you date Kate Hudson, there's no way your gay.

Of course he could just be trying to raise his profile so he can get some lucrative endorsement deals. How much does riding a bike pay again . . . ?

P.S. their breakup already made Armstrong's and Hudson's respective wikipedia pages

Edited by alpierce

If it was a real fling/ relationship, who ended it, y'think?

I believe, from my reading of gossip sources, that they BOTH are players and had a short-term friendly, sexed-up affair. I think they both have strong personalities that aren't compatible in the long-term and that the ending of the fling was mostly mutual. But possibly he wanted out more so because she wouldn't play by his rules. I'm completely guessing but I'm happy with my beliefs :lol:

Yea he's definitely a player. Just ask Sheryl Crow. And not too very long ago he was chomping on MK Olson's bones.

Kate has that one kid and she said once while high that she wanted a million kids!

Uh Lance ain't down with that.

I have to say, I totally believe the whole purpose of this little game was publicity. I dont think there was any part of this whole relationship that wasn't played out for the cameras, other than the actual breakup. The paparazzi recorded their first public dates (at the Cannes film festival no less), meeting the parents and kids, even Chris Robinson, & them all becoming one happy extended family. All in the space of less than 3 months. Maybe they did actually have sex along the way, or it was a bearding arrangement. But either way I say 100% showmance.

I have to say, I totally believe the whole purpose of this little game was publicity. I dont think there was any part of this whole relationship that wasn't played out for the cameras, other than the actual breakup. The paparazzi recorded their first public dates (at the Cannes film festival no less), meeting the parents and kids, even Chris Robinson, & them all becoming one happy extended family. All in the space of less than 3 months. Maybe they did actually have sex along the way, or it was a bearding arrangement. But either way I say 100% showmance.

Agreed and don't forget about the lunch at the Ivy

She'll be back with Owen by next weekend...this relationship was never going anywhere. Lance is a world class athlete who at the moment is more about being a "celebrity". He really should just go back to Austin and raise his kids.

Kate is well just plain weird. :wacko:

Well, Ted definitely believes it was fake fake fake. Comments from his 8/1/08 column:

And as long as we’ve gotten off to a hideously snitty start, let’s keep it up, mes chères! Two T-town babes are being very bitched about behind their supersvelte backs. One we’ll name; one we won’t (well, at least, not right this sec). Kate Hudson, freshly Armstrong-ed out of her latest “relationship,” is making many of her buds gab. “Can we say desperate?” one of her Hollywood chums asked yours truly when I asked what the ef K.H., a normally bitchin’ babe who uses men like Madonna uses doctor visits, was doing being some kind of romantic tool for the politically aspiring cancer survivor. “I think she’s worried about getting older.”

Excuse the crow’s-feet out of me, but since when did pretending to be somebody’s booby plaything make a mother and respected actor appear to be anything but sadly over...I mean older? Now, I’d recommend, as a nice head start in reinventing yourself—romantically and celebrity speaking (which the divorced and Owen Wilson-ized Hudson seems to want—how ‘bout a date with a dude who’s (a) into you and (B) into you?

[emphasis mine]

PS Lance's Austin house was the cover of July or August Architectural Digest (I just read it last weekend but I can't remember what month it was) LOVELY house, a little masculine (as you might expect) but I could easily live there!

How Hudson lost a guy

Cycling champ peddled for the hills when actress started clinging and turned dates into family events

BY BILL ZWECKER Sun-Times Columnist

Not only did this column break the news last week about Lance Armstrong splitting with Kate Hudson, I've now learned why serial dater Armstrong has moved on.

Seems the Tour de France champ and cancer survival poster boy was feeling a bit ''smothered'' by the actress. According to an Armstrong associate at his Livestrong charity foundation, the sports hero felt Hudson was ''just too needy,'' and was coming on ''too strong, too fast ... sensing Kate was way too desperate, a woman who clearly can't be on her own without a man in her life at all times.''

He may have a point. Hudson always seems to escalate her relationships quickly -- even turning things into familylike outings with her son Ryder ever-present, as he has been with Armstrong and with Hudson's last flame, Owen Wilson.

One thing Armstrong reportedly liked about ex-girlfriend Sheryl Crow -- and one reason that relationship lasted as long as it did -- was that ''Sheryl's one very independent woman. ... Lance liked that,'' said the source.

Instead of thinking that Hudson "escalates a relationship" quickly, how about just thinking she's a single mom who wants to spend time with her son, so if you want to date her, you need to be prepared to spend time with Ryder as well? Why is this a bad thing??

Whether or not she really is clingy, I don't know. I've never dated her. But she has ALWAYS been family oriented--with her parents & brother to her own son. They do things together, like spend vacations together and go shopping and out to eat, etc. Most people think that's a good thing to have a not-totally-dysfunctional family :rolleyes:

Crap, now I sound like a superfan <_<

August 01, 2008

Kate Hudson Smooching With Ex!

It's only been four days since Kate Hudson ended her relationship with Lance Armstrong — and our spies have already spotted the actress smooching in the street with her ex, Chris Robinson!

The source tells OK! that Kate arrived at tiny Teteboro Airport in New Jersey yesterday in the early afternoon and took a car with her son Ryder to her SoHo apartment, where they were met on the steps by Chris.

"They were really affectionate with each other and gave each other a kiss which lasted much longer then a platonic kiss should last — 20 seconds, maybe a little longer.

"Without going into all the details the kiss was more than just friends. They seemed like something more going on and were very affectionate with each other."

A pal of Kate's tells OK!, "She and Chris have always been close and she turns to her exes after most of her breakups."

And just yesterday Perez Hilton revealed that Kate was "holed up" with another ex, retired hockey star Eric Lindros, at her mom and dad's place in Canada, although pals say there nothing romantic between them.

Assuming that this was not a crafted relationship, you could say maybe Armstrong didn't want instant family (just add kid). I don't know why he broke up with Crow, but these things aren't hard to figure. Guys leave for very basic reasons

1. She wants to get married and he doesn't

2. There is a kid in the mix and the guy doesn't want instant family, he wants to go out and party with his girlfriend, not play substitute Dad (notice we haven't heard much about Chris Robinson)

3. She's to clingy or simply not fun to be around

4. The sex is bad/too infrequent/she wants another child

I don't believe any of this though. The reason I don't is the pap photos I have seen of her always look posed to me. Real action shots when the subject doesn't know they are being photographed leaves people looking and standing in strange ways. The picture of them on the tennis court looks posed. Almost like they told the photog to go into a tree and wait for them to embrace, which they probably did for an unnaturally long time while the pap got ready to take the shot. The picture of them on the street with Goldie looks unposed. The camera caught them as they were turning, they are looking in odd directions seemingly at nothing when the photog happened to catch them in mid stride. Also, isn't it just so convenient that paps seem to be everywhere they go? It is possible to not be photographed if you don't want to be. We have seen this with other celebs.

He has kids of his own--I don't know that he wants more, but I don't think he has issues being around kids of other people, since they did bring his kids with them on a couple of outings too....

Channeling my psychic abilities..I think Kate and Chris Robinson will end up back together. It might be soon or years from now, but it will happen. He is her first love and the father of her son. I think she is sowing some wild oats right now, hence all the romances: owen, lance, etc. getting a taste of life on her own and getting to make her own choices. She was very very young when she hooked up with Chris. I think deep down, they still love each other very much. I know they are very supportive of each other. I'm a fan of both but I wish Chris would cut off the zz top beard.

For what it's worth..definetly showmance with benefits.

On a purely snarky level I think Chris Robinson is one of the ugliest dudes on 2 legs.

I always thought Kate was weird but cute.....just goes to show you that rock guys REALLY can get good looking girls.

Just by being well rock stars.

On a purely snarky level I think Chris Robinson is one of the ugliest dudes on 2 legs.

I always thought Kate was weird but cute.....just goes to show you that rock guys REALLY can get good looking girls.

Just by being well rock stars.

Steve Perry Syndrome

Meh, I think a lot of these hookups are just photo ops. Mini-friendships that go nowhere or brief dating. It doesn't mean they have heart-shaped necklaces carved out for each other. It's kind of highschool but it probably just brngs a boost to their profiles by being linked briefly.

Nothing to worry about.

Okay. I can see why she needs publicity to help her get her next movie job, but why does Lance need publicity? I just don't understand what he gets from the showmance...

Okay. I can see why she needs publicity to help her get her next movie job, but why does Lance need publicity? I just don't understand what he gets from the showmance...

I get what you're saying...Lance use to be just another jock...well a world class jock at that but he was just a jock.

Seems it all changed when he got engaged to Sheryl Crow. He became very Hollywood after that and now you don't see him with any friends that aren't actors. Drug addled actors at that. Matthew, Owen.

Isn't there some talk that Lance wants to go into politics? Staying in the public eye is probably a big part of that. And if he is bi/gay & is living that life now, he probably wants to establish a track record of publicly dating women in the recent past, and Hollywood stars at that. Especially as I think he's a Republican, & from Texas at that???