BobbyD

Ryan Reynolds

Ryan Reynolds to Run the New York City Marathon

By Jennifer Wren

Ryan Reynolds is an adventurous guy: He just took the plunge and now he's ready to risk bloody nipples.

Last month, the actor married Scarlett Johansson in an intimate wedding in Canada. Now the Definitely, Maybe star is tackling the New York City Marathon on Nov. 2, according to an open letter he wrote on The Huffington Post.

"I am not a runner," writes Reynolds, 31. "I am a running joke. Waking up at 4:30 a.m. and jogging anywhere from 11 to 23 miles has been nothing short of horrifying."

Reynolds – a spectator in years past – admits he was amazed by the sight of "guys coming in to finish with bleeding nipples ... People were crying. People were limping, hobbling, screaming, crawling. But most importantly, people were experiencing a sublime rapture that I couldn't even hope to understand."

Ultimately, he signed up for the race after meeting Michael J. Fox, and is running to raise money in the fight against Parkinson’s disease. The main reason behind his efforts? "On behalf of my Father, Jim Reynolds, who's spent the last 15 years in a life or death struggle with Parkinson's Disease," explains Reynolds.

Mired in the grind of marathon training, he writes, "Not since the discovery of Junior High School has a torture been so effective. It's my hope the story of my father combined with my own goal of becoming the first person in history to sob uncontrollably for 26.2 miles straight, may inspire you to give something too."

He concludes with invites to donate to his cause or another one, as well as, "come down and watch. Feel free to bring a smile, automated defibrillator, or a fresh set of nipples."

Ryan Reynolds to Run the New York City Marathon

By Jennifer Wren

Ryan Reynolds is an adventurous guy: He just took the plunge and now he's ready to risk bloody nipples.

Last month, the actor married Scarlett Johansson in an intimate wedding in Canada. Now the Definitely, Maybe star is tackling the New York City Marathon on Nov. 2, according to an open letter he wrote on The Huffington Post.

"I am not a runner," writes Reynolds, 31. "I am a running joke. Waking up at 4:30 a.m. and jogging anywhere from 11 to 23 miles has been nothing short of horrifying."

Reynolds – a spectator in years past – admits he was amazed by the sight of "guys coming in to finish with bleeding nipples ... People were crying. People were limping, hobbling, screaming, crawling. But most importantly, people were experiencing a sublime rapture that I couldn't even hope to understand."

Ultimately, he signed up for the race after meeting Michael J. Fox, and is running to raise money in the fight against Parkinson’s disease. The main reason behind his efforts? "On behalf of my Father, Jim Reynolds, who's spent the last 15 years in a life or death struggle with Parkinson's Disease," explains Reynolds.

Mired in the grind of marathon training, he writes, "Not since the discovery of Junior High School has a torture been so effective. It's my hope the story of my father combined with my own goal of becoming the first person in history to sob uncontrollably for 26.2 miles straight, may inspire you to give something too."

He concludes with invites to donate to his cause or another one, as well as, "come down and watch. Feel free to bring a smile, automated defibrillator, or a fresh set of nipples."

I think he's hilarious.

I agree! To compare the torture of it to junior high school is perfect! I love this guy. His new wife better make him happy!!

Edited by kappy22

He often seems too precious, wears too much makeup, seems too full of himself. But I like this blurb about running, and how he's trying to do it to raise money and awareness for Parkinsons. I also love the fact that he and ScarJo got married in Canada and kept it totally out of the press. So, maybe he's getting better as he's getting older (most of us do) :unsure:

He often seems too precious, wears too much makeup, seems too full of himself. But I like this blurb about running, and how he's trying to do it to raise money and awareness for Parkinsons. I also love the fact that he and ScarJo got married in Canada and kept it totally out of the press. So, maybe he's getting better as he's getting older (most of us do) :unsure:

Ooo, the makeup part. So true. Can't believe I never noticed before.

i like him too.. but i think she looks like :censored: in that pic...

She's looked better, to be sure, but she has a permanent pass in my book for being one of the few normal bodied (non-anorexic) people in Hollyweird.

Meh, everything I've been reading on lainey points to the fact that he's full of himself.

Not bad casting...

Ryan Reynolds is the "Green Lantern"

By: Mike Fleming

Ryan Reynolds has landed the coveted role of “Green Lantern,” getting the starring role in Warner Bros.' live-action film based on the DC Comics hero.

Martin Campbell will direct. The studio is still working on the picture’s budget, but production is expected to begin in January.

The news caps off a memorable summer for Reynolds, who played Deadpool in “X-Men Origins: Wolverine,” a performance that prompted Fox to begin development on a spinoff film. Reynolds followed that by starring opposite Sandra Bullock in the romantic comedy “The Proposal,” which crossed the $100 million mark this week.

Warners and Campbell chose Reynolds, who vied for the superhero role along with “The Hangover” star Bradley Cooper and Jared Leto. The momentum built for Reynolds in the last week, as he was the only actor whose option was extended.

Greg Berlanti wrote the script with Marc Guggenheim and Michael Green. Donald DeLine will produce with Berlanti. Reynolds’ reps at UTA are working out his deal.

The actor will next star in “Buried,” a dark indie drama that will begin filming shortly in Barcelona with Spanish director Rodrigo Cortes. Reynolds will play a civilian contractor who is kidnapped in Iraq and awakes in a coffin, struggling against time to coordinate a rescue even though he doesn’t know where he’s buried in the desert.

Posted Image

people.com

Ryan Reynolds Is Hugo Boss Fragrance’s Newest Face

Scarlett Johansson, is already the face of Dolce & Gabbana’s scent Rose The One, and now Ryan Reynolds is following his wife’s lead and jumping into the fragrance game himself as the newest face for Hugo Boss Fragrances. “Boss is a brand that not only represents classic style and sophistication, but inspires men to work hard, embrace opportunities and strive for success in all aspects of their lives,” Reynolds tells WWD. “I’m honored Boss invited me to be the face of its new men’s fragrance.” Although Hugo Boss Fragrances has yet to release any additional details, a brand spokesperson confirms to PEOPLE that the actor will represent two new as-yet-unnamed scents under the classic Boss line.

Posted Image

Exclusive: Scarlett Johansson, Ryan Reynolds Buy $2.8 Million Home

Credit: FAME PICTURES

Thursday – August 12, 2010 – 3:20pm

US Magazine

Scarlett Johannson and Ryan Reynolds have more than just a two-year wedding anniversary (in September) to celebrate: they've also got a deluxe new love nest!

The Hollywood couple recently purchased a two-bedroom, three-bath house in the L.A. area, a source tells UsMagazine.com. Recently listed at approximately $2.8 million, the property features chic, mid-century design, a swimming pool and stunning vista views.

Reps for both actors had no comment.

Johannsson, 25, wed Reynolds, 33, in an intimate ceremony at a Canadian wilderness retreat in September 2008.

They also own an apartment on Manhattan's Upper East Side.

Family plans?

"My oldest brother is adopted and I have every intention of adopting at some time," Reynolds told British Glamour last July. His wife Johansson said earlier that year that she had no plans to get pregnant "any time soon."

Posted Image

PLUGGED IN

Ryan Reynolds keeps entertained with some music while departing from LAX Tuesday. The actor has been touring the country to promote his latest film, Buried.

:drool:

He is so hot. I love him.

Me 2. *swoon*

Ooops, I mean...he's alright. :shocked:

Me 2. *swoon*

I knew it!! BobbyD is Toothy Tile!! Posted Image

Me 2. *swoon*

I knew it!! BobbyD is Toothy Tile!! Posted Image

LOL! You said you wouldn't tell!

Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson separate

Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson were married in 2008.

Add another couple to the celebrity splits of 2010 list: Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson have separated. Us Weekly reports that the couple "are being very civil about it," and that they split about two weeks ago.

"We entered our relationship with love and it's with love and kindness we leave it," the couple said in a joint statement.

According to the Us report, Johansson initiated the split. "The big problem with their relationship is the distance," a source told the magazine. "They spent a lot of time apart when they are working."

Reynolds, 34, has been working on "Green Lantern." Johansson, 26, most recently appeared in "Iron Man 2," and has three other films in production, according to IMDB.

Reynolds and Johansson married in a low-key ceremony near Vancouver, B.C., in September 2008. Rumors that the couple were having trouble began to circulate last summer.