Sign in to follow this  
leaivory

Queen Latifah

Wrong Move

Posted Image

UGH! Queen Latifah had it! She looked beautiful from head to toe and then had to go and eff it up with that fugly, white wig! I know it was the "Hairspray" premiere and she probably wanted to do something different, but went from looking like an elegant lady to looking like a $3 hooker. Drop the wig! That looks cheaper than Barbie hair. It's like the hair from bootleg Barbies you buy at the swap meet.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

http://www.dlisted.com/

I still love her. I think she's truly beautiful.

I do too, that abomination on her head won't be there for long. The Queen's the Queen and that's all there is to it.

Me three. Beautiful (with her own hair) and not a twig. Awesome. :)

All AP News

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Queen Latifah Loves Her Curves

Queen Latifah says the definition of beauty is changing.

"Beauty is not just a white girl. It's so many different flavors and shades," the 37-year-old rapper-actress tells People magazine in its latest issue. "It's good for regular girls because the meter (for beauty) has been a slim white girl."

"(In Hollywood) we've definitely gotten better with body type," she says. "It used to be just me! Now with Jennifer Hudson's success and America Ferrera, I got some successors to take the reins on this whole bodylicious thing."

Latifah describes herself as being voluptuous "definitely curvaceous."

"I think I'm normal compared to the statistics," she says. "This is a big country nowadays."

The star of "Chicago" and other films says she had elective breast-reduction surgery in 2003 to alleviate years of back and shoulder pain.

"I didn't want to get it. But I had lost 25 pounds and my breasts didnÂ’t go anywhere! I was still carrying that load," she tells the magazine.

However, "I didn't quite want them to be this small," she laughs.

Before surgery, Latifah says she was "an E or an F cup. I was pretty big. Now IÂ’m like a DD. I wanted to be a triple. They took one D too many! So that was hard to deal with. ... I missed my old look."

Latifah says she isn't interested in more surgery.

"There are people who love (plastic surgery) and want to cut and chop anything. I'm like, `Y'all are crazy!'"

___

On the Net:

Queen Latifah:

http://www.queenlatifah.com/

People:

http://www.people.com/

Before surgery, Latifah says she was "an E or an F cup. I was pretty big. Now IÂ’m like a DD. I wanted to be a triple. They took one D too many! So that was hard to deal with. ... I missed my old look."

Silly woman. DD=E and DDD=F (how bras are labelled depends on the manufacturer) so if she wanted to stay a DDD she shouldn't have had any surgery.....

I don't think her boobs look too small--they're still in proportion with the rest of her curves.

Queen Latifah Laughs Off Rumors That She's Planning to Marry Her Female Personal Trainer

Queen Latifah has set the record straight on rumors that she is wedding her long-time female personal trainer.

"When you're famous these days, it's just part of the deal — unfortunately," she told the Chicago Sun-Times this past weekend while promoting her upcoming Christmas comedy The Perfect Holiday.

"People will make up all sorts of things that are not true," she said, adding, "There ain't gonna be no wedding."

usmagazine.com

Queen Latifah Laughs Off Rumors That She's Planning to Marry Her Female Personal Trainer

Queen Latifah has set the record straight on rumors that she is wedding her long-time female personal trainer.

"When you're famous these days, it's just part of the deal — unfortunately," she told the Chicago Sun-Times this past weekend while promoting her upcoming Christmas comedy The Perfect Holiday.

"People will make up all sorts of things that are not true," she said, adding, "There ain't gonna be no wedding."

usmagazine.com

There you go, Queen...You protect that career. ;)

usmagazine.com

I don't see any "I'm not gay" declaration in there. Queen is so graceful & reminds me very much of Jodie Foster in the way she lives her life. I really respect & admire those two women :)

usmagazine.com

I don't see any "I'm not gay" declaration in there. Queen is so graceful & reminds me very much of Jodie Foster in the way she lives her life. I really respect & admire those two women :)

I don't see I am gay and proud declaration either....

ETA: She's calling the friend a personal trainer? What for, how to hold a fork? :D

Edited by BobbyD

i greatly admire jodie foster. she never spreads her personal life all over the news for everyone to see. she is a very private person and i respect that about her

This reminds me of an interview with Ricky Martin, where he basically said that he wasn't going to say one way or the other, since it had nothing to do with his music.

I know you can make the argument that this person is a role model, and all that, but personally I can't have a problem with someone that doesn't actively hide it (ie bearding), but simply lives their live and doesn't say one way or the other.

Like I said, I know others have different opinions, and this is just mine.

Queen Latifah Signs On to Endorse Jenny Craig

Kirstie Alley and Valerie Bertinelli have another pal joining them in the Jenny Craig universe: Queen Latifah.

The Oscar-nominated singer and actress, 37, has signed up to be the latest celebrity spokesperson for the weight-loss chain, PEOPLE confirms exclusively.

"We officially confirm that Queen Latifah will join the Jenny Craig program in January," Scott Parker, Jenny Craig's vice president of marketing, tells PEOPLE. "We are thrilled to have Queen Latifah support our mission of improving health by taking her first step toward achieving a more healthful lifestyle."

Parker adds: "Queen Latifah joins forces with Jenny Craig to communicate the importance of how small lifestyle changes, in the areas of diet and exercise, can have positive effects on overall health."

The Hairspray star, who has consistently celebrated her plus-size figure over the years (including a recent PEOPLE cover story), will have a "very different campaign, focused on a healthier lifestyle, not on getting onto a specific dress size," says Parker.

Of her figure, Latifah told PEOPLE in October, "I would say I'm voluptuous."

.people.com

Hudson, Latifah in 'Life of Bees'

Jennifer Hudson, Queen Latifah, and Sophie Okonedo (Hotel Rwanda) will star in Fox Searchlight's movie adaptation of Sue Monk Kid's best-selling 2002 novel The Secret Life of Bees. Dakota Fanning is in talks to star as the story's 14-year-old girl who runs away from home and takes up with three eccentric beekeeping sisters. Hudson will play the girl's caregiver, and only friend, who runs away with her. Latifah and Okonedo will play two of the sisters, and Alicia Keys is in talks to play the third. Gina Prince-Bythewood (Love & Basketball) will direct from her own script, which was finished before the writers' strike. Shooting on Bees is scheduled to start in early January for release some time in 2008. Hudson is currently shooting the Sex in the City movie and has a role in the Columbia drama Winged Creatures, which also features Fanning. Latifah will next be seen in the Overture comedy Mad Money and the Fox ensemble comedy What Happens in Vegas. Okonedo's upcoming projects include a role opposite Sam Neill in the indie Skin, and Fanning is currently shooting Summit's supernatural thriller Push. Bythewood is also working on an adaptation of another best-seller, Wally Lamb's I Know This Much Is True, for Fox 2000. (Hollywood Reporter)

Queen Latifah Wants to Set a Healthy Example

Posted Image

Queen Latifah officially announced Thursday that she's joining the ranks of Kirstie Allie and Valerie Bertinelli as the new spokeswoman for the Jenny Craig weight-loss program.

"I feel like I've set the example for loving your body no matter what size it is, but I also can set the example for being healthy as well," says the singer and actress whose grandmother suffered from diabetes.

Talking about the health benefits of shedding a few pounds she says, "If you lose 5 – 7 percent of your bodyweight, you cut the chances of diabetes in half."

Asked to name her usual dieting downfall, she says she doesn't have a sweet-tooth, but "portions and sizes" is what gets her in trouble.

"I don't eat bad food. I probably just eat too much food, and I think a lot of people do," the Mad Money star admits.

By following the Jenny Craig program, which consists of a diet of prepackaged food and weekly weigh-ins and meeting, Latifah says her main goal is to be a healthy role model.

"I'm trying to just be an inspiration to people who just want to get healthy," she says. "It's not about losing 100 lbs., because that's not who I want to be. But, it is about being really healthy."

Queen Latifah was terrified throughout filming of her new movie "The Secret Life Of Bees," because she had to remove honey from real bee hives while thousands of the stinging insects swarmed around her.

Latifah, who plays a beekeeper in the film, insists shooting the scene was the most nerve-wracking thing she's done because, to keep in character, she couldn't wear a protective mask or gloves. She says, "It was tough.

I was very nervous. "I've done all kinds of stunts. I've driven all kinds of cars. I have shotguns and I have snowboarded. The bees win."

Source: Panachereport.com

Queen Latifah Inks New Book Deal

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rapper-turned-actress QUEEN LATIFAH will share her tips for happiness in a new life-coaching book, aimed at inspiring her fans.

The Chicago star, born Dana Owens, has signed a deal with Grand Central Publishing, which will see her release a tome next year (10).

Jamie Raab, Grand Central’s Executive Vice President and Publisher, tells AOL’s BlackVoices.com, "We are delighted to be publishing Queen Latifah’s new book.

"Throughout her career, she has consistently taken on new challenges, and, through her vision, hard work and great talent, has achieved success in so many arenas. What she has accomplished in every facet of her life is extraordinary, and makes for a book of life lessons that I know readers will find deeply inspirational."

Editor Karen Thomas adds, "We are delighted that Queen Latifah will share her powerful presence with readers from all walks of life. She is an incredible role model for young women and I look forward to working with her."

The book is Latifah’s second; she released her memoir Ladies First: Revelations of a Strong Woman in 1999.

Source: pr-inside

My imagination, or were Queen and Reese wearing almost identical royal blue and black dresses last night...