#21 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41343 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 09:18 AM

Posted Image
You won't find this one on the runway: Naomi Cambell gets a kick out of Marc Jacobs's Charlotte's Web-themed getup at the designer's annual Christmas party Tuesday in New York City.

#22 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41343 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 09:27 AM

Posted Image
A boot-ylicious Lindsay Lohan hoofs it to New York City's Bryant Park on Friday for the first day of Olympus Fashion Week.

Posted Image
Carrie Underwood doesn't let the rain get her down: The American Idol winner, also on her way to Fashion Week on Friday, flashes a sunny smile.

#23 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41343 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 09:33 AM

Posted Image

NY Daily News

There could a doozy of a catfight the next time Karl Lagerfeld crosses paths with Elton John. The Chanel designer viciously disses Elton's beloved Princess Diana in the new issue of New York magazine.

"She was pretty and she was sweet, but she was stupid," declares Lagerfeld, who apparently never heard about not speaking ill of the dead.

He much prefers Prince Charles' new wife. "The public does not know who Camilla is," he tells interviewer Vanessa Grigoriadis. "She is the life of the party! She's sparkling, she's witty, she's ready for everything, and not pretentious, not one bit. If you had to make a choice to live with somebody, this is the one."

Lagerfeld, who's expected in New York for fashion week, might want to steer clear of Lindsay Lohan, who's shooting in town.

The high-collared 67-year-old fashion baron dismisses rumors that the "Mean Girls" star might be the new face of Chanel. "I prefer Nicole Kidman and that generation," Lagerfeld says dryly.

He also won't be inviting Christina Aguilera back for a photo shoot. One member of his team remarks, "She is horrible! She did not even kiss Karl good-bye. She just sticks out her head from the door, 'Bye!'"

Then again, if you see him at Bryant Park, don't try to be too affectionate.

"In the whole world, there is nowhere I can go," the designer says. "In Japan, they touch me. I have Japanese women pinch my a—, so now I must say, 'You can have the photo, but please don't touch me.' You cannot pinch the a— of a man my age!"

And those dark sunglasses of his aren't just for protection from the sun.

"I cannot go out without something for my eyes, because someone might throw chemicals in my face."

Perhaps he's thinking of the animal activists who detest him for his furs.

At a recent Fendi party, a dreadlocked white guy snarled at him, "Blood for money, that's what Karl Lagerfeld wants. Karl is greedy! Karl is evil! Karl is wicked! Karl is … the Devil!"

The designer puckered his lips and replied, "You eat meat and wear leather, so shut up. I have no time for zis foolishness."

#24 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41343 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 09:37 AM

NY Daily NewsGatecrasherThe biggest fight at Fashion Week isn't about which supermodel gets to wear the cutest outfit down the runway — it's over the bathrooms.As designers John Varvatos and Kimora Lee Simmons fussed over their collections Friday night, four of the five Porta Pottis flooded, soaking the backstage corridor and causing a long wait for the only available cubicle."Of all the vices in the fashion industry, most of them involve spending a lot of time in the bathroom," joked one cross-legged fashionista, as a line of people checked their watches and tapped their toes.Fashion Week regulars are used to VIP washrooms with fancy fixtures provided by design firm Kohler — a perk noticeably absent this year. There was even an official-looking sticker on the door, bearing the logo of Fashion Week sponsor Olympus, saying: "Bet you wish Kohler was back . . ." Crash courseFeeling left out of the party?Don't. Gate-crashing is half the fun of Fashion Week.Tonight's Marc Jacobs show, traditionally the hottest ticket of the week, is usually the easiest to crash thanks to the sheer vastness of the guest list.Add the element of chaos into the equation — tonight's show has already been delayed due to shoe delivery snafus — and you get the picture.One veteran suggests being on a fake cell-phone call while waving a slip of paper in the same hand you're carrying a large Starbucks cup.The golden rule is: Dress like you belong. You don't have to be in $400 shoes, but make sure your look is more Seventh Ave. than 7 train.

#25 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41343 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 09:57 AM

Page Six
MODEL HUNTERS

MODELS will have to deal with more than the usual bunch of modelizing predators this Fashion Week - the gorgeous creatures are being hunted as part of a "Model Safari" being conducted by Emwold Industries, a downtown production company. Peter Colada, the filmmaker who came up with the quirky idea, told PAGE SIX: "We'll be going around in an all-terrain vehicle during Fashion Week, observing these tall creatures as they gather in groups and feed at their favorite haunts. I can pretty much guarantee my clients will see 10 to 15 live models on the safari." Emwold Industries staged a "Hipster Safari" in 2004, in which an Aussie-accented guide in safari attire captured a trendy "hipster" with a net as he rode over the Williamsburg bridge on a vintage bike. Let's hope the delicate mannequins will be treated with greater care.

#26 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41343 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 10:21 AM

Lindsay & Fergie on the Catwalk

#27 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41343 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 10:05 AM

Stick-thin figurines Nicole Richie, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen during NY's Fashion Week

#28 Rebelgirl

Rebelgirl

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3678 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 10:21 PM

Kimora Lee's em-Phat-ic: She and Russell are in love Don't call Kimora Lee Simmons' marriage to Russell Simmons one of convenience. She'll be the first to tell you it's anything but. 'I am inconvenienced, s—!' she says. Kimora Lee Simmons is hosing down talk that her blissful marriage to hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons is a sham.Ever since they wed in 1998, the power couple has battled gossip that their union was one of "convenience" - that business, more than passion, held them together, and that their interests, shall we say, lay elsewhere.Kimora argues: "One thing my marriage is not is convenient. I am inconvenienced, s-! "Honey, Russell and I have been together 14 years," she adds. "That's almost half my life."The bodacious model and fashion czarina admits she and Def Jam founder have had their rough patches."The things we go through are very regular things that regular people in Middle America go through," she tells Margeaux Watson in Vibe Vixen magazine. Folks in Kenosha, Wis., may not have exactly the same issues. Take that time Russell slapped her picture on a Phat Farm T-shirt without her permission. "He didn't pay me, which is totally illegal," she points out. "That's like putting a print of Beyoncé on my shirt - she would sue the s- out of me! But I never did sue him. See, that's one of the things about being married. "I think he probably feels that he's paid me in so many other ways, and I feel like that's true," she said.Kimora's rep yesterday denied the couple was headed for divorce, even though career demands often keep them apart.A friend of the couple admitted that, even though Kimora is often seen with an entourage of girlfriends, "in private, she and Russell are very much in love."She clearly enjoys the bounty their union has brought her. "I don't apologize for my diamonds, Rolls-Royce, Range Rover or anything," she says. "Look, Queen Elizabeth has more diamonds than me. Why don't people attack her for it? And she even sounds flattered that Russell slapped her image on "a line of underwear - all over the boys' d-s ... I've been all over their a-; they just sittin' all over me."
"Please stop feeding the dog with the food from the table with the plate on top of it. " - Karen Hill from Goodfellas.

#29 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41343 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 09:11 AM

Posted Image
Lindsay Lohan and Nicole Richie steal the show during Tommy Hilfiger's runway benefit for the 13th Annual Race to Erase MS in Century City, Calif., on Friday. Hilfiger created one-of-a-kind disco-inspired fashions for the event, which raised more than $2.7 million.

#30 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41343 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 09:11 AM

Posted Image
Lohan and Richie are joined by Hilfiger-clad buddies (from left) Stacy Keibler, Michelle Trachtenberg and Sophia Bush at the Race to Erase MS gala. The invite to the celeb-studded benefit commanded guests to "dress disco."

#31 Cutielb99

Cutielb99

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5845 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 10:12 AM

John Galliano for Dior
Autumn/Winter 2006-2007 Haute Couture fashion show in Paris July 5, 2006

blogs.reuters.com

Posted Image

Honey, get the Civic, we’re goin’ to play miniature golf!

Long, hot, American summer nights. It doesn’t get any better than this. And that’s when the wife really appreciates that John Galliano creation you got her for Mother’s Day. You had to order it from France over the Internet, but wasn’t it worth it? Open the sunroof, Babe, I think that headdress will just about fit through! You want a Dilly Bar, or a D.Q. Sandwich?

If you can think of other places where this outfit might come in handy, drop us a note via Comment….

Posted Image

Zoe regretted buying an outfit tagged “assembly required”

Still, the good news was that nobody else at the backyard barbecue was wearing the same thing, and the ability to wear a skirt where a necklace should go somehow appealed to her frugal nature. If you know a royal family missing a member, please drop us a line via Post a Comment.

#32 Cutielb99

Cutielb99

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5845 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 10:14 AM

Oswald Boateng for Givenchy
Spring/Summer 2007 men's fashion collection in Paris July 4, 2006

blogs.reuters.com

Posted Image

Allow extra time if you're going through airport security

When you're designing haute couture in aluminum foil, you've got the field pretty much to yourself. And since it's now generally accepted that aliens from outer space can at least try to blend in with Earthlings, whole new fashion worlds have been opened.

Edited by Cutielb99, 08 July 2006 - 10:15 AM.

#33 Cutielb99

Cutielb99

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5845 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 10:20 AM

Karl Lagerfeld photographed by Jean-Baptiste Mondino for his 3rd book, Jean-baptiste Mondino: Guitar Eros.

Posted Image

#34 Freckles

Freckles

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4403 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 02:40 PM

He is a freak. I hate him. Do you think he had gastic bypass surgery? He lost almost as much weight as Star J, but Rosie hasn't written a poem about him on her blog-site :)

#35 soho2chelsea

soho2chelsea

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9576 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 03:30 PM

He is a freak. I hate him. Do you think he had gastic bypass surgery? He lost almost as much weight as Star J, but Rosie hasn't written a poem about him on her blog-site :)

No question he had the bypass surgery - doesn't he even admit it? actually you are right, I am sure he probably doesn't. He's a complete freak of nature - I have heard AWFUL stories about Lagerfeld from friends of mine who have had the displeasure of meeting and/or working with him.
“Fashion is not about utility. An accessory is merely a piece of iconography used to express individual identity.”

#36 Freckles

Freckles

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4403 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 03:42 PM

Me too. Well, no one I know directly has worked with him, but when I lived in Paris for years I knew a lot of friends-of-friends stories, NONE of which made him sound like even an okay person. We probably have heard some of the same tales, Soho. Kaiser Karl doesn't admit to any surgery. He's written a book about his "diet;" who knows. Maybe it's actually true? I mean, there are people who lose weight through healthy eating and exercise. But he strikes me as the coke/ heroin or bypass type. Link to his book: http://www.amazon.co...7035905?ie=UTF8

#37 BobbyD

BobbyD

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21933 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 08:00 AM

Brinkley Splits from Fourth Husband Former supermodel Christie Brinkley is splitting from her fourth husband, architect Peter Cook. The estranged couple have been married for nearly 10 years and have eight-year-old daughter Sailor Lee. Brinkley's spokesperson Elliot Mintz confirmed the split to TV show Entertainment Tonight: "Yes, it's true. The couple has separated. Christie's primary interest at this difficult time is for the protection of her children and (she) would be most appreciative if people would be good enough to respect her privacy." The 52-year-old model, who appeared in the 1980s comedy National Lampoon's Vacation with Chevy Chase, has two other children from her previous marriages - Alexa, 20, and 11-year-old Jack. She was previously married to singer Billy Joel for nearly ten years and he wrote his hit "Uptown Girl" about her. Brinkley was also married to Jean-Francois Allaux from 1973 until 1981, and Richard Taubman from 1994 to 1995.
Bobbyd - Noun - Poster of FanChitChat. Posts are often labeled as Jerkish or Boorish. Not a Fan-i-cus of Celebri-ti-cus. Enemy of the Superfan. SNARKER. Dickus.Assholicus. Terrorized by bullies, popular kids, jocks, in High School.

#38 Cutielb99

Cutielb99

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5845 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 10:06 AM

LOVELY LADIES

Linda Evangelista and Claire Danes give Italian designer Stefano Pilati something to smile about Tuesday night at the Serpentine Gallery annual summer party in London. The fete, thrown by Yves Saint Laurent's top dog, was also attended by Kristin Scott Thomas, Elle Macpherson and Mischa Barton.

Posted Image

#39 Cutielb99

Cutielb99

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5845 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 11:02 AM

Johnny Weir, Runway Queen
Perez Hilton

Posted Image

Are you ready Manhattan?

Brace yourselves for a force of fierce faggotry so powerful he will blow your Chanel socks away...while you're still wearing them!

Johnny Weir is set to take New York fashion week by storm this September. The U.S. figure skating champ will walk in the Heatherette fashion show, strutting his ass down the catwalk.

Work the runway, sweetie!

This is the most exciting news since Marc Jacobs and whatshisface getting back together, followed closely by Uncle Karl getting skinny and hating fat people.

---

Towlerload.com

Posted Image

Olympic Figure skater/pin-up Johnny Weir will make his modeling debut in a Heatherette fashion show in September, but not before he dons a Chanel dress and heels for BlackBook magazine. Nobody ever accused the boy of not knowing how to make a fashion statement.

#40 BobbyD

BobbyD

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21933 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 09:08 AM

Fashion line creates a suit for Beyonce Summertime, and the living ain't easy for Beyoncé, who's been hit with a breach-of-contract lawsuit. In the muggy doldrums of July, Lowdown's thoughts turn to civil litigation.Yesterday, bootylicious Beyoncé Knowles got smacked with a $1.5 million lawsuit by a man who claims she breached a contract and didn't pay him enough for brokering the launch of the House of Dereon, her clothing line.First Beyoncé. Manhattan businessman Greg Walker claims he introduced Jay-Z's girlfriend and her mom, Tina Knowles, to the folks over at Wear Me Apparel, Inc. (also defendants in his lawsuit), and that Beyoncé ponied up a pitiable $25,000 while Wear Me paid him only $85,000. While that might sound like a nice chunk of change, Walker maintains Beyoncé received "approximately $15 million" in the licensing deal - and his contract calls for him to get a whole lot more.Beyoncé's apparently vacationing spokeswoman didn't respond to detailed phone and E-mail messages.Asked for comment, Starwood didn't respond by deadline.
Bobbyd - Noun - Poster of FanChitChat. Posts are often labeled as Jerkish or Boorish. Not a Fan-i-cus of Celebri-ti-cus. Enemy of the Superfan. SNARKER. Dickus.Assholicus. Terrorized by bullies, popular kids, jocks, in High School.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users