Photo

Who'll Split Next (version 5.0)?

divorce break up split alimony marriage annulment tears heartache child support weddings

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

Poll: Which couple will bite the dust in 2015?

You only have one vote; please carefully consider before casting it :)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41481 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:02 PM

Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner

Getting Divorced 31 minutes ago BY TMZ STAFF

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz3ea7QDOYV

#22 dixiedoodah

dixiedoodah

ChitChat FANatic!

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:16 PM

I was just coming to post this, you beat me to it! Surprising to none of us, I'm sure.

NOW PLAYING
Affleck omission halts PBS show
Never autoplay videos
NEW YORK – Hollywood stars Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner announced plans Tuesday to divorce after ten years of marriage.

"After much thought and careful consideration we have made the difficult decision to divorce," a statement released by the couple said just hours after Fox411 learned the couple's separation was imminent. "We go forward with love and friendship for one another and a commitment to co-parenting our children whose privacy we ask to be respected during the difficult time."

ADVERTISEMENT
The couple has three children, ages 10, 6 and 3.

Rumors about the pair's divorce were running rampant after a source told FOX411 that the two had been living separately for several months.

An insider source said Garner was looking at the break up as an opportunity to move out from under Affleck’s shadow and revive her acting career.

“Jen is excited to get back to work," according to the source. "She took a step back to focus on her marriage and family but wants to return to making more movies.”

Another industry insider said it’s no surprise to those close to the couple.

“It’s been known they’re having trouble. Now, it’s really over,” the source said.

A former neighbor of the Hollywood duo also confirmed the couple was on the outs.

“It’s kind of heartbreaking to see a long time A-list husband and wife and seemingly loving parents splitting up,” the source added.

Paparazzi last snapped the couple together on a family outing on June 14th in Los Angeles at a farmer’s market.

Garner, 43, was recently spotted visiting Boston’s Children Hospital on June 26, reportedly preparing for her upcoming role in “Miracles from Heaven.” Affleck, 42, popped up on social media on June 27 writing the line “I’m Batman” on his co-star from “The Accountant” Seth Lee’s Instagram in anticipation of 2016’s “Batman Vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice.”

Affleck and Garner married in 2005 after meeting on the set of “Daredevil.” They have three young children.

FOX411 reached out to both the Garner and Affleck’s camps several times but did not receive comment.

Diana Falzone is a FoxNews.com reporter. You can follow her on Twitter

#23 fykeylicious

fykeylicious

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7400 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:30 PM

I would just like to say that I for one am appalled that Ben & Jen only got one measly vote in this poll. We all suck.

Except for the one correct chitchatter! Anyway for a mod to tell who it is? He or she gets a gold star!  :wacko:

#24 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12103 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:14 AM

I think many of us (well, I'll speak for myself) figured that if she'd overlooked his indiscretions this far, why bother getting a divorce. Oh so wrong was I ;-) (I don't Mod this forum so I don't see a way to look at who cast the votes)

#25 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41481 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:14 AM

As admin, I still can't tell who voted correctly.  Whoever you are, feel free to brag!!

#26 Freckles

Freckles

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4403 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:56 PM

I think many of us (well, I'll speak for myself) figured that if she'd overlooked his indiscretions this far, why bother getting a divorce.

Yeah, I just thought this was one of those couples that would last miserably forever. 

#27 GovMarley

GovMarley

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1904 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 08:50 PM

It was me!!! Haha.

I mainly chose them because I think Ben is a jerk. And I was hoping. :)

Edited by GovMarley, 07 July 2015 - 08:52 PM.

#28 Freckles

Freckles

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4403 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 01:27 PM

Morena Baccarin (Jessica Brody from Homeland, amongst many other roles) and her hubby of 3.5 years are splitting.  He's asking for joint custody of their kid as well as spousal support.    http://www.justjared...rs-of-marriage/

Edited by Freckles, 11 July 2015 - 01:28 PM.

#29 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12103 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:31 AM

Blake Shelton & Miranda Lambert divorcing (after a couple years of rumors...) http://www.eonline.c...eir-cutest-pics

#30 dixiedoodah

dixiedoodah

ChitChat FANatic!

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:06 PM

This is totally unsurprising. As you said, they've been rumored forever.

#31 James Otto Sweet Heart

James Otto Sweet Heart

Chatter Bug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 05:03 PM

The big question is why.

God bless you and Blake and Miranda always!!!

Holly

P.S. I could be wrong, but I believe that Blake is the one who did the filing.

#32 dixiedoodah

dixiedoodah

ChitChat FANatic!

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 06:57 PM

I'll be honest, I couldn't get that link above, so I had only seen the headline. I just came across another article elsewhere and the big take away for me is that they are ALREADY divorced! That's sneaky.

#33 James Otto Sweet Heart

James Otto Sweet Heart

Chatter Bug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:47 PM

^^^ Not really. If they really were sneaky, we still wouldn't know about them.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

#34 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12103 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:26 AM

Page Six says it's because he wants kids and she doesn't. 

http://pagesix.com/2...esnt-want-kids/

Geez, they've only been married 4 years. You'd think they would have had this conversation before they got married (well, actually, they've been together 10 years, right?) Anyway, nothing wrong with wanting different things. But I'd think his cheating would be more of a problem than her not wanting kids.....

(also she guest edited the June Country Living magazine, so that's gotta be at least one reason they postponed the announcement? Summer wouldn't affect his PR since the Voice isn't on now, right? I don't watch, so....)

#35 Hihomumio

Hihomumio

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2362 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:43 AM

Page Six says it's because he wants kids and she doesn't. 

http://pagesix.com/2...esnt-want-kids/

Geez, they've only been married 4 years. You'd think they would have had this conversation before they got married (well, actually, they've been together 10 years, right?) Anyway, nothing wrong with wanting different things. But I'd think his cheating would be more of a problem than her not wanting kids.....

(also she guest edited the June Country Living magazine, so that's gotta be at least one reason they postponed the announcement? Summer wouldn't affect his PR since the Voice isn't on now, right? I don't watch, so....)

Exactly....but saying it's because he wants kids and she doesn't sure does make him sound good, right? I don't believe it for one minute. He's always been a cheater, cheated when he hooked up with Lambert, and there's been so many rumors about his continued infidelity since. Another article on this said there's alcohol issues too. Neither's an angel, but I'd bet his serial cheating is what really ended things.

#36 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12103 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:56 AM

Exactly....but saying it's because he wants kids and she doesn't sure does make him sound good, right? I don't believe it for one minute. He's always been a cheater, cheated when he hooked up with Lambert, and there's been so many rumors about his continued infidelity since. Another article on this said there's alcohol issues too. Neither's an angel, but I'd bet his serial cheating is what really ended things.

Yep, I'm sure there are many reasons and blame to go around - but making it look like she's an "ambitious" woman instead of one who'll stay at home and support her husband? Sadly that plays VERY WELL in the "country" demographic. Hope it doesn't affect her career negatively....

#37 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12103 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:59 AM

http://www.laineygos...e-Shelton/40133

Lainey reporting that TMZ says Miranda cheated?

(and then Lainey goes on to make the point I was trying to make, about the country demographic and double standards that abound....)

#38 dixiedoodah

dixiedoodah

ChitChat FANatic!

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:09 AM

I also got the impression from the article that once people become camp Blake, there's a lot of dish about her that they will spill after holding it in out of respect for him.

#39 James Otto Sweet Heart

James Otto Sweet Heart

Chatter Bug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:16 PM

Chiris Young has denied being the reason why Miranda and Blake have divorced saying that he would not betray his friendship with both Miranda and Blake.

God bless you and all three of them always!!!

Holly

P.S. I can believe the story that Blake wanted kids and she doesn't with her being the pet and puppy person that she is. Maybe she didn't have enough room in her heart for kids.

#40 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12103 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 03:40 PM

Maybe she didn't have enough room in her heart for kids.

That is an INCREDIBLY offensive statement to those of us who are childless, by choice or otherwise. There are many reasons not to have or not to want kids. It has NOTHING to do with our capacity for love.

And please, stop effing blessing me. That is also incredibly offensive.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: divorce, break up, split, alimony, marriage, annulment, tears, heartache, child support, weddings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users