Sign in to follow this  
BobbyD

Zac Efron

Efron: 'DiCaprio Is Like An Older Brother'

Zac Efron has revealed that Leonardo DiCaprio has an "older brother vibe" about him.

Speaking to Elle, the High School Musical 3 star admitted that he purposefully engineered a meeting with DiCaprio at this year's GQ Men Of The Year awards in order to ask him for advice.

"I was like, 'Oh, hey!' And he turned around and right there I had the 'in' and I was like, 'I just want to shake your hand, dude, I'm a big fan'," he explained.

"I said, 'I'd love to sit down and talk with you sometime' and he goes, 'Right on'."

The 21-year-old added that he sent the Revolutionary Road star a text message a few nights later when he was attending a basketball game in Los Angeles.

"He said he was coming and this guy in a ball cap and coat with the collar up sits next to me," Efron said. "We talked the whole game, and he was just everything I thought he would be: smart, level-headed, charming, hilarious. You know, the older-brother vibe."

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Um, yeah . . . because you so have the same kind of talent that Leo exhibited at your age. :rolleyes:

I'm not surprised that Leo would be polite and I will be a Leo fan to my grave but I still think it's other things these two have more in common then talent or the business.

am i the only one who actually thinks that Zefron is NOT GAY? i don't know what it is exactly -- seeing his pictures, i initially thought, "gay. gay. GAY!" but then seeing him in interviews, i get zero gay vibe. he's just a pretty kid. but i definitely think he's straight.

am i the only one who actually thinks that Zefron is NOT GAY? i don't know what it is exactly -- seeing his pictures, i initially thought, "gay. gay. GAY!" but then seeing him in interviews, i get zero gay vibe. he's just a pretty kid. but i definitely think he's straight.

Yes, I think you are alone on that boat ;) . He's definitely gay. There were pics of Zac and Lil Wayne kissing...around the time Vanessa H. posted naked pictures(accidentally of course).

Yes, I think you are alone on that boat ;) . He's definitely gay. There were pics of Zac and Lil Wayne kissing...around the time Vanessa H. posted naked pictures(accidentally of course).

LOL For real???

Zac Efron's Boy-On-Boy Action

Posted Image

Doesn't this totally look like we found it on the side of an Abercrombie & Fitch shopping bag? This is reportedly a picture of Zac Efron (that came to us via Towleroad) giving a young, nubile, shirtless pal of his a friendly kiss on the cheek. We're not saying that this is anything more than circumstantial evidence of Zac's...curiosity, but we'll let you be the judge of what exactly this proves...or doesn't prove.

http://socialitelife.buzznet.com/

Lea posted this scandal...and I attached the Lil wayne one as well. Just sayin'

post-447-1237598510.jpg

Edited by BobbyD

Might want to check your gaydar, HappyCanuck. :inlove:

Just wish he'd come out and inspire millions of other teens who are struggling to accept their sexuality. Come out, come out, Zachy! You're not fooling anyone, anyway... well, no one except HappyC!

LOL!

alright, alright, my gaydar is evidently useless. haha. oooh, if you only knew how tragic that sentence is and how it relates to my personal life. *cries*. ;)

seriously though - who in the hell can make anything out of that pic of "Zac and Lil Wayne" the only conclusive thing i can say is that the pictures includes a black guy and white dude. i can't even discern that they're kissing. isn't there a pic that's of even slightly more quality?

the other one, of him and his gay friend there, well, that certainly looks like Zac.

hmm ...

you've all got me at least a little more convinced.

LOL!

alright, alright, my gaydar is evidently useless. haha. oooh, if you only knew how tragic that sentence is and how it relates to my personal life. *cries*. ;)

seriously though - who in the hell can make anything out of that pic of "Zac and Lil Wayne" the only conclusive thing i can say is that the pictures includes a black guy and white dude. i can't even discern that they're kissing. isn't there a pic that's of even slightly more quality?

the other one, of him and his gay friend there, well, that certainly looks like Zac.

hmm ...

you've all got me at least a little more convinced.

That's it...join us...come over to the dark side. Let the snark grow inside you. LOL! :ninja:

Efron: 'I Try Not To Look At My Fame'

Zac Efron has insisted that he is not fazed by his High School Musical success.

The 21-year-old shot to fame as basketball star Troy Bolton in the Disney television movie, which spawned a TV sequel and big screen hit.

Speaking to Nylon, he said: "I try not to look at all of it. You can't enjoy or celebrate it. It's not a real thing.

"The face on the lunchbox and s**t - you can't share that with your friends."

Discussing his upcoming movie Me And Orson Welles, he said: "It's the first time I've ever watched a movie [that I'm in] and in the end I'm like, 'OK! I didn't check my watch once!'"

Me And Orson Welles arrives in cinemas later this year.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

He was sitting four seats in front of me at the Canucks game last night. During the two intermissions there was a constant stream of girls trying to get through the two security men posted next to him. Not to mention the young skaters who clear the ice during TV timeouts giving him the googly eyes when they got to his side of the rink.

I'm thinking there aren't a lot of FCC readers in Vancouver!

ETA:

http://www.people.com/people/gallery/0,,20...0.html#20687941

See, we're all wrong - Zac likes the laydees just as much as the next guy!

Posted Image

Credit: LJP/FLYNET

Published: Monday Oct 12, 2009 | 05:00 PM EDT

ICE BREAKER

Zac Efron and pint-sized costar Charlie Tahan enjoy the view during a Vancouver Canucks hockey game in Canada on Sunday. The pair – currently filming The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud up north – watched their Canucks beat the Dallas Stars 4-3.

Edited by schumibabe

Efron: 'I Try Not To Look At My Fame'

"It's the first time I've ever watched a movie [that I'm in] and in the end I'm like, 'OK! I didn't check my watch once!'"

He will regret saying this. He wouldn't be a blip on a TGIFriday's waitstaff if it wasn't for his musicals. Hairspray was wonderful. If you truly love musicals, High School Muscial 3, was great. The story line, of course, was well - sappy, but the choreography and music was fantastic.

I know "he wants to be taken seriously" but come on. Let's not insult the body of work that got you in that movie. This irks me more than anything. The best part is it is usually the last thing they say before they fall off the edge of Hollywood.

Edited by branchop

Zac Efron’s Dirty Denims!

ZAC Efron has revealed how he wore the same pair of jeans for eight weeks solid!

The hunky actor says he wanted his favorite G-Stars to get that dirty, distressed denim look so refused to were anything else until the trousers were stripped of stiffness and sported “yellow whiskers” at the front.

“They’re my favorite jeans,” he said. “I wore them all throughout High School Musical 3.

“I even wore them hiking. You have to wear them everywhere to get them right.”

Efron, 22, recently insisted he isn’t planning to become the next Tom Cruise.

“I’m not the next Tom Cruise because, there will never be another,” Efron said. “I don’t want to go and copy Top Gun.”

“Tom emanated drive and focus and the desire to perform,” Zac said about his recent meeting with the Hollywood heavyweight. “He didn’t say it out loud, but I know he was thinking: ‘You’re probably going insane right now.’

“It’s not like he was giving me advice. ‘You’re gonna to do it and you’re gonna do it on your own. That’s the way it is. But you don’t have to go crazy: you don’t have to lose yourself in this.’”

Source showbizspy

Zac Efron Followed by 40-Year-Old Women!

ZAC Efron had to put on his brave face at Nylon Guy magazine’s recent party for its November issue at XIV in LA — after he was followed around by a group of women in their 40s!

The High School Musical star is the mag’s current cover boy.

“One of them ended up following him to the bathroom and just waited for him to come out,” a source told New York Post gossip column Page Six. “As soon as he did, she cornered him and asked to take his picture for her 5-year-old daughter. He was very gracious.”

Efron, 22, has previously revealed how he’s scared of his fans’ moms.

“It’s funny because the kids can be shy but the moms feel like they know you to a degree,” he said in March this year.

“They come across as very comfortable in some ways — almost motherly.

“They want to give me advice and talk to me and ask how I’m doing, if I’m OK, and sometimes they want to go and get a bite to eat. It can be intimidating.”

Source showbizspy.com

Zac Efron Ready For Stage

Zac Efron wants to star in West End show.

The 'High School Musical' star is ready to move away from the musical roles which have catapulted him to fame and try something different in London's famous theatre district.

Speaking at the premiere of his new film 'Me and Orson Welles' in London's Leicester Square last night (18.11.09), he told BANG Showbiz: "I would love to if I could find the right opportunity, I think it's a matter of time to be honest but I don't know, I just want to make a break, so it's harder to be very specific."

In coming-of-age-drama 'Me and Orson Welles', Zac plays a teenage student who, by luck, gets to work with a young Orson Welles - the acclaimed American writer and director, who is played by Hollywood newcomer Christian McKay in the movie.

Zac - who spent time meeting his dedicated fans while walking the red carpet yesterday evening - revealed he gave Christian acting advice on set.

He said: "He had like small questions here and there. But he is a quick student that guy, in a matter of weeks he had completely transformed, he just fully immersed himself in a way that I can't even do."

Source monstersandcritics.com

Efron, Hudgens 'Not Splitting Up'

Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens are not on the verge of splitting, according to a friend of the couple.

A tabloid report had suggested that the pair - who met on the set of High School Musical in 2005 - were going through a rough patch in their relationship.

Speaking to Us magazine, the friend said: "Things are going well with them. They are happy.

"They spent months together up in Vancouver where they are both filming movies."

This is not the first time that the couple have been at the centre of break-up rumours. Earlier this year, representatives denied reports that their busy schedules had affected their romance.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Efron: 'I'm Not Jealous Of Pattinson'

Zac Efron has claimed that he is not jealous of fellow heartthrob Robert Pattinson.

The 22-year-old High School Musical star said that the fact girls love Pattinson makes it easier for him to have a life, The People reports.

He said: "It's great because now I don't get so much female attention."

This comes after a friend of Efron dismissed reports that the actor is on the verge of splitting up with girlfriend Vanessa Hudgens.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Zac Efron's Home Hobby

Zac Efron bought a house so he could skateboard indoors.

The 'Me And Orson Welles' actor bought his first property earlier this year and admits he had it designed specifically so he can indulge in his favourite pastime without going out in public.

He said: "It's unique, very modern, very clean, very simple, with concrete floors so I can skateboard inside the house."

The actor - who is dating his 'High School Musical' co-star Vanessa Hudgens - admits he struggles to cope with life in Los Angeles because he likes being alone.

He added to Britain's Glamour magazine: "Living in Los Angeles is tough. Normality is so skewed and it's not something your friends and family can relate to, nor is it even fun to talk about.

"I love the outdoors - there's something about when there's no one around that I'm drawn to."

Source monstersandcritics.com

Zac Efron ‘Plants Orange Tree in Vanessa Hudgens’ Backyard’

ZAC Efron has planted some orange trees in girlfriend Vanessa Hudgens‘ backyard.

The High School Musical hunk reportedly had the citrus trees planted at Vanessa’s Los Angeles home while she was away in Canada filming Sucker Punch recently.

“Vanessa was incredibly touched by the gift — not just because tress are living, growing things, but because she has always loved the idea of being able to pick her own fruit and make her own juice,” a source told American tabloid the National Enquirer.

“It was also Zac’s way of telling her that he wanted to put the relationship on solid ground after a rocky year.

“He picked out the locations for the trees and oversaw the landscaping himself. He also gave Vanessa an expensive juicer so she can make herself some fresh O.J. on hot summer days.”

Source showbizspy.com

Zac Efron ‘Plants Orange Tree in Vanessa Hudgens’ Backyard’

ZAC Efron has planted some orange trees in girlfriend Vanessa Hudgens‘ backyard.

The High School Musical hunk reportedly had the citrus trees planted at Vanessa’s Los Angeles home while she was away in Canada filming Sucker Punch recently.

“Vanessa was incredibly touched by the gift — not just because tress are living, growing things, but because she has always loved the idea of being able to pick her own fruit and make her own juice,” a source told American tabloid the National Enquirer.

“It was also Zac’s way of telling her that he wanted to put the relationship on solid ground after a rocky year.

“He picked out the locations for the trees and oversaw the landscaping himself. He also gave Vanessa an expensive juicer so she can make herself some fresh O.J. on hot summer days.”

Source showbizspy.com

gag... couldn't their publicist make up something more interesting. Something like, "Zac doesn't give Vanessa's Oranges a second thought. He is more interested in Banana trees..."