Sign in to follow this  
Bette Davis

Christian Bale

It's pretty harsh to go to the police and claim assault! No wonder they did it in their own neighborhood. So they'll get their money from the tabloids unless he can pay to shut them up. I wouldn't. I'd let them have their say and then they'll disappear. And he'll never give them the opportunity to be near him again.

I'm so sad for him - for your own mother and sister to do that to you!

i had heard on the radio this morning that they didn't call -- people in the room next door called.

If that's true, surely it'd all have went down with the police on the sunday night? I know they can be slow, but its a bit late even by their standards to be responding to a call like that the next day.

And even if somehow this did happen, wouldn't his family just say to the police it was a row nothing more??

That's very different from the first reports that the London station was called from one in whichever town his mother and sister live in and that the hotel staff either wasn't aware of it or they were aware of the odd/obnoxious behavior of the two.

'Dark Knight' continues to dominate

Batman sequel nabs $314.2 million

By PAMELA MCCLINTOCK

Warner Bros.' Batman sequel "The Dark Knight" earned a record-breaking $75.6 million in its second weekend from 4,366 theaters, bringing its domestic cume to $314.2 million and putting it on track to reach $400 million in slightly more than a week from now.

It was another sunny weekend at the domestic B.O. overall. Sony's Will Ferrell-John C. Reilly comedy "Step Brothers" opened to plenty of laughs in grossing an estimated $30 million from 3,094 runs, while Universal holdover "Mamma Mia" dipped only 36% in its second weekend to grab an estimated $17.9 million from 2,990 runs for a cume of $62.7 million in its first 10 days, according to Rentrak.

The only title coming in on the lower end of expectations was 20th Century Fox's "The X-Files: I Want to Believe," which opened to an estimated $10.2 million from 3,185 runs. Pic placed No. 4, behind "Dark Knight," "Step Brothers" and "Mamma Mia," respectively.

Studios weren't sure they could match the strength of the same weekend a year ago, when Fox's "The Simpsons Movie" opened to a boffo $74 million. The weekend was down only slightly from last year by roughly 1%.

Thanks to the runaway success of Christopher Nolan's "Dark Knight," Warners crossed the $1 billion mark in 2008 ticket sales on Sunday, earlier in the year than ever before. Warners predicts it will overtake Paramount for top in marketshare by the end of the coming week.

Imax continues to see record-breaking results as well. (Nolan shot several segments with large-format cameras.) For the weekend, "Dark Knight's" Imax haul was $4.6 million from 94 theaters for a per location average of $48,500.

The previous record-holder for best second weekend at the domestic box office was "Shrek 2," which earned $72 million over Memorial Day weekend. "Dark Knight" didn't have the benefit of a holiday.

Warners also continues to see strong results for New Line and Walden Media's 3-D action-adventure "Journey to the Center of the Earth," which placed No. 5 for the weekend, grossing an estimated $9.4 million from 2,688 runs for a cume of $60.2 million in its third sesh, underscoring the value of being able to charge more for 3-D shows.

FROM TED C. ON FRIDAY

"Apparently, like Heath, Bale lost a lot of sleep during the filming of Dark Knight, which could also be responsible for his recent outbursts."

So, I guess he's supposedly got a drug problem as well. You'd think after Heath died, it might be a wake-up call.

So, I guess he's supposedly got a drug problem as well.

How did you get from a loss of sleep to a drug problem? :blink:

And Ted C is talking out of his ass on this one. Losing a lot of sleep while filming a movie over a year ago does not account for recent (count them one) alleged outburst.

He's not the first person to have family members come to him wanting money after he's gained fame. He'd had enough of it and yelled at them. I still don't see where any crime has been committed. The police questioned him and they don't see where a crime has been committed. Dead horse, dead story.

So, I guess he's supposedly got a drug problem as well.

How did you get from a loss of sleep to a drug problem? :blink:

And Ted C is talking out of his ass on this one. Losing a lot of sleep while filming a movie over a year ago does not account for recent (count them one) alleged outburst.

Well, I think there has been a lot of talk/speculation about Heath's drug use on the set of First Knight. There have been many stories about Heath heavily using coke over the years (esp in Ted C's column). I took it as a thinly veiled reference that Heath and Christian were doing a lot of coke while filming (hence the lack of sleep) and that Christian was still using -- which would explain his volatility lately ie lashing out a reporter, incident with his mom and sister.

which would explain his volatility lately ie lashing out a reporter, incident with his mom and sister.

That's quite a leap for you to make - and given that the episode with his mom/sister as been deemed a non-episode, I repeat my comment that Ted C is talking out of his ass on this one.

he may be snorting lines as long as the 405 freeway -- but the above is still a leap. For myself, it has been my experience that people get cranky when withdrawing -- not using.

and no I am not a superfan. ;)

which would explain his volatility lately ie lashing out a reporter, incident with his mom and sister.

That's quite a leap for you to make - and given that the episode with his mom/sister as been deemed a non-episode, I repeat my comment that Ted C is talking out of his ass on this one.

he may be snorting lines as long as the 405 freeway -- but the above is still a leap. For myself, it has been my experience that people get cranky when withdrawing -- not using.

and no I am not a superfan. ;)

Uhhhh, Ok.... sorry. I've lived in LA for 20 years. Any time a writer references a celebrity not sleeping or getting up to go to the bathroom again and again, I automatically think it's code for coke. If you read these boards, it seems like pretty much every celebrity is using so I don't think it's such a stretch to think that if Heath was using (pretty well known) that he might have not been doing it alone.

And I am pretty sure that's what Ted was implying ... even if he "talking out of his ass."

But who knows, maybe there are a whole host of other possibilities...

Christian Bale 'Lost Temper' on 'Terminator 4' Set

By WENN | Wednesday, July 23, 2008

HOLLYWOOD - Actor Christian Bale reportedly flew into a rage on the set of the forthcoming Terminator sequel last Friday--just two days before he is alleged to have assaulted his mother and sister.

The Dark Knight star, 34, was arrested in London on Tuesday over allegations that he attacked his mom Jenny, 61, and sister Sharon, 40, at the capital's Dorchester Hotel on Sunday night.

Bale--who has denied the accusations--was subsequently released on bail, but reports have now emerged online claiming that he also lost his temper while shooting action movie Terminator Salvation at Kirtland Air Force Base in New Mexico.

According to TMZ.com, the actor became incensed when he thought Shane Hurlbut, the director of cinematography, messed up a shot.

The site claims Bale screamed, "I will kick your ass" to Hurlbut, before hurling several other insults at him--in front of hundreds of cast and crewmembers, as well as Military Police officers.

However, other sources have played down the reports, saying Bale was simply "extremely tired and having a bad day."

Bale is due to return to London to face possible assault charges in September.

I'll give him a pass(as long as it wasn't physical abuse, I don't dig gettin' physical with women)...and for two reasons. First, meeting him and he was extremely nice(unlike douche-bag Don Cheadle), and he's a child star who has survived in this business. And yeah, he probably does drugs or whatever..but he's not been getting any DUI's...I'm looking at you Shia... <_<

I'll give him a pass(as long as it wasn't physical abuse, I don't dig gettin' physical with women)...and for two reasons. First, meeting him and he was extremely nice (unlike douche-bag Don Cheadle), and he's a child star who has survived in this business. And yeah, he probably does drugs or whatever..but he's not been getting any DUI's...I'm looking at you Shia... <_<

SO JEALOUS

I'll give him a pass(as long as it wasn't physical abuse, I don't dig gettin' physical with women)...and for two reasons. First, meeting him and he was extremely nice (unlike douche-bag Don Cheadle), and he's a child star who has survived in this business. And yeah, he probably does drugs or whatever..but he's not been getting any DUI's...I'm looking at you Shia... <_<

SO JEALOUS

Thanks...Seriously, he was nice, even though I was being a knucklehead and called him Batman aloud, when the man has an impressive resume. That tells you how cool he is.

This made me think of another idea for a thread...I know we have celeb encounter thread. Maybe we should start a thread of celebrity douche bags or nice celebrity thread, of people we have met in real life? :huh: Then again, maybe celeb encounter is enough. It would be nice to have a study guide(LOL) of who is a real life douche bag and don't bother approaching, and who is nice.

Edited by BobbyD

SO JEALOUS

Thanks...Seriously, he was nice, even though I was being a knucklehead and called him Batman aloud, when the man has an impressive resume. That tells you how cool he is.

This made me think of another idea for a thread...I know we have celeb encounter thread. Maybe we should start a thread of celebrity douche bags or nice celebrity thread, of people we have met in real life? :huh: Then again, maybe celeb encounter is enough. It would be nice to have a study guide(LOL) of who is a real life douche bag and don't bother approaching, and who is nice.

Bobby, what is it again that you do???? :unsure: ;)

I'll give him a pass(as long as it wasn't physical abuse, I don't dig gettin' physical with women)...and for two reasons. First, meeting him and he was extremely nice(unlike douche-bag Don Cheadle), and he's a child star who has survived in this business. And yeah, he probably does drugs or whatever..but he's not been getting any DUI's...I'm looking at you Shia... <_<

Lucky you!!!! He is one man that I would LOVE to meet. :wub: I didn't know hw was a child star though, I will have to see if he is just as hot when he was young :unsure:

LOL, I work for a company in the business. Sadly, I don't have all the fun tales to tell like a few others around here. I mean, no one's grabbed my ass. Then again, I haven't been around Travolta or Tom Cruise, lately. ;)

LOL, I work for a company in the business. Sadly, I don't have all the fun tales to tell like a few others around here. I mean, no one's grabbed my ass. Then again, I haven't been around Travolta or Tom Cruise, lately. ;)

:D

When I was in grade school, Christian was in a Disney (?) muscial, "Newsies." That's where the crush officially started for me. He had a lisp in the movie, but it was almost a sexy lisp/accent. Yum.

When I was in grade school, Christian was in a Disney (?) muscial, "Newsies." That's where the crush officially started for me. He had a lisp in the movie, but it was almost a sexy lisp/accent. Yum.

I am embarassed to admit I have seen that movie more than once :unsure: I too loved it. And I don't think I was in grade school when it came out :ph34r:

That may be a terrible picture of him, but I strongly recommend Empire of the Sun.

I was so impressed with him when I first saw it back in 1987. You could tell what a good actor he was even then.

I haven't met Christian Bale personally, unfortunately, but I know someone who is distantly related to him through marriage. He met him at some personal event (not a hollywood party or business function) and had nothing but nice things to say about him. Just thought I'd back up BobbyD's experience.

Edited by witchkitten