l1zz1e

TAR - Amazing Race

I saw it and it was great, this looks like a good season!

I really liked the change where one team was eliminated at the very beginning but no one eliminated at the end of the first leg. I thought the Japanese game show was the best comp they've had, at least in recent memory, lol.

I don't like the time penalty AND the road block; I think either one would be appropriate, but not both.

I really don't like the lawyer guy. I like the father/son team better than I thought I would. I'm sick of hearing the brothers talk about being gay, get over it already! Zev is doing great so far but I don't expect that to last. The couple eliminated tonight needs to not be a couple, as do some of the others this season. I don't know the names yet, but the couple that have known each other since elementary school, I swear he is gay and flirting with Phil. Of course, who can blame him, Phil is just a 'total package'.

I thought it was hilarious that they spent all their money paying the bus driver to leave early and then the boat place was closed.

I don't think I like Tokyo, though the Japanese culture seems nice enough. I don't think I like Vietnam either.

btw, a million dollars isn't enough to make me eat that much wasabi (no insult intended to the poster wasabi).

I like Zev, but that is probably because my daughter has Asperger's, so I have a soft spot for him for that reason. He was the one that noted that the poker player chicks did NOT exude the warm, caring attitude of "counselors to homeless kids." Good observation. And those two look like they are being set up to be the villains of the season. Probably rightfully so.

I cannot stand Miss America and her husband. Can't put a finger on why, but the hissy fit with the ducks probably contributed. Although MANY of the players had hissy fits over that. I liked that better than the sushi challenge. I LOVED that Zev realized early on that remaining calm was the key. I felt sorry for the audience members in the sushi challenge. I'll bet they got way more than they bargained for, and some of the teams were inconsiderate.

My husband and I made predictions for the winners of the show - he said the Harlem Globetrotters and I said Cheyne & Meghan. As usual, there are annoying couples and couples we like.

We "play along" at home - I am always the one to do the food challenges because I can eat anything. So I think the wasabi bomb would have been fine - I like wasabi (though I don't generally use that much) I think the problem was most people ate too slowly and the heat caught up to them and made them ill - they need to shove it down faster, swallow without chewing much. That's my "professional" opinion :-)

We're (hopefully) going to Vietnam next year for our 10th anniversary - I have LONG been looking forward to eating my way through the country!!!

Hoya, I had the same thoughts about the wasabi challenge. I would have sucked that thing down in less than one minute and been happy to have my sinuses cleared.

I liked the old guy who pushed the wasabi down into the rice so it was more mixed together. Good idea! I admire the girl who ate 2 of them..poor thing but she got it down. She said she loved wasabi. The lawyer and his wife seem rude so do the poker players ( and wasabi twice ) girls. I like Zev and his friend and I like the old couple. I always root for the old couples just because they are the underdogs. I also liked the farmer and his son from Iowa or someplace..I was glad they came in first. The "Miss America" gal and her husband seemed snotty. Overall it looks like a great season!

I also liked the farmer and his son from Iowa or someplace..I was glad they came in first.

Montana. But, you know, close ;-) I did like how he said they don't have much sushi in Montana, but dad sure managed to scarf down his wasabi bomb just fine. And the son did great herding the geese!

they may be the pair to watch...they seemed like they work well together and probaly have a lot of different experiences to help them along the way such as duck herding lol!

Lance and Keri were almost enjoyable tonight, I found myself hoping for a non-elimination round.

still, I'm not too torn about them leaving, lol.

Its nice they ended on a positive note.

I was shocked by how nice he was about her and their life in his post-elimination speech - so once again I assume it was editing in the first couple episodes to make him look like more of a jerk than he really is?

I thought it was lame that the guy who lost was yelling at the Globetrotters for dogging the girl to "quit" on the slide. Puh-leeze. She was never going down that slide. He owes them an apology.

I thought that was crazy...the globetrotters had the right to have yelled like that...it is a race! She woulda sat there all night if they hadn't had a 2 minute time limit. She was a baby..she shoulda closed her eyes and went , it would have been over in 5 mins. What a wuss. She deserves to be kicked off. Plus...why would go on that show if you are that afraid of heights, the black woman was scared of water and she went for it. You know that show is always about water and heigth challenges.

She was SOOOO anoying! She did NOT give southern blondes a good name last night - lived up to many stereotypes, unfortunately. I have major fears of heights - those bungee jumping challenges would be tough, but I wouldn't join the race saying "I won't do it" - if I ever were on TAR, I'D DO IT.

If I were him, I might have actually pushed her down the slide. But I'm glad he didn't - he's more mature than I am, apparently ;-)

I was thinking the same thing because she sat on the edge for so long...I was thinking he needed to just give her a big push and she would have been done there. lol Though they might have been eliminated for that!!

Glad it wasn't an elimination round. I like the father/son team.

As I vividly rememberd the last time contestants had to search through the hay, when I saw the hay Sunday - I told my husband it would be a non-elimination round. I just knew they couldn't make people work that hard and then boot them out of the race. The time lag will be a killer though, in addition to the Speed BUmp. Unless they start off with a flight that doesn't leave for 6 hrs or something and everyone gets caught up. My husband HATES those :-)

They hadn't had a non elimination round for a while so I figured it was time. They usually have them every 2 or 3 rounds. And now it had been several weeks. I remember the first time they did that challenge...it was so hard.

I am disapointed the globetrotters are out. He sure seemed stupid trying to figure out that clue. I think it wasn't a good idea to take the 4 hour penalty. I could see if maybe it was only 1 or 2 hours but 4 hours is a long time!!!!

Now that the globetrotters are out, I don't care much anymore. Wait. That's not true. I can't believe I want Barbie and Ken to win, but they are the least of all evils in that group. I cannot stand the Miss America chick, and the brothers are .... well, just plain good television. I was furious that the Rabbi accepted the big clay thing with the arm broken. They should have been sent back to do it again, and I was actually looking forward to seeing the hissy fit they would throw when they were told to do so.

I bet (with my husband) on Cheyne to win in the first episode, so I'm still happy. They are mostly pleasant, smart (ish) and good at the physical stuff. Sure they're a little boring, but they don't piss me off like the whiny brothers. I too was pissed the rabbi approved their statue - the freakin arm was broken! Grr.

I really thought the Rabbi's would send them back to do the statue over. It was freaking close to losing an arm. That disapointed me cause I would rather seen the Globetrotters in the final than the brothers.

Same here! The brothers really annoy me with their constant cheating and fighting amongst themselves. Plus they seemed really rude and demanding toward the Rabbi - I was really hoping he'd send them back