Sign in to follow this  
princess

Brittany Murphy

(Pagesix.com)

Celebs Horse Around At Derby

May 8, 2007 -- THE biggest celebrity shock at this year's Kentucky Derby was the surprise marriage of actress Brittany Murphy to her boyfriend of just a few months, screenwriter Simon Monjack.

The newlyweds showed up in Louisville after a quick trip to Las Vegas and proceeded to party with their wedding rings on at the Playboy bash Friday night. A friend told Page Six that they had wed in secret. A rep for Murphy - whose credits include "8 Mile" and "Clueless" and who has been engaged more than once before - didn't return calls.

Also at the Playboy party was actress Rebecca Budig and her husband, former "Bachelor" Bob Guiney, as well as Tom Brady, Bobby Flay - walking around with a woman who was not his wife, Stephanie March - and Julius "Dr. J." Erving.

Downtown at the Stereo party, Kevin Federline was not amused when organizers brought him to a table in the VIP area he deemed was too small and said, "Yo, I need a bigger table - I got six bitches with me."

After DJ AM finished his set, Federline hi-jacked the microphone from Kid Rock. K-Fed gave "shout-outs" to hot girls in the crowd and screamed, "I got four kids already - which one of you Kentucky girls wants to have my fifth?"

There were no takers, and a spy said Kid started to "tool" on Federline, making fun of him.

While Kid Rock was verbally jousting with Federline, his girlfriend, May Anderson, was giving her own performance. The Danish beauty lay on the floor of the club, pulled her skirt up and allowed her friends to take photos of her undergarments. "At least she was wearing them," one spy mused.

Across the room, Scott Speedman was unsuccessfully hitting on every blonde at the party, including the sober former Miss USA, Tara Conner, while Star Jones and Al Reynolds ground hips nearby.

Meanwhile, Jimmy Fallon, who was with his girlfriend, producer Nancy Juvonen, all weekend, never made it to the Stuff magazine party Friday night because, a friend said, "His driver invited him to a fraternity party. He played beer pong until 5 a.m. with the Sigma Chi frat boys [from the University of Louisville] and flirted with sorority girls."

Green Card

Brittany Murphy married Simon Monjack out of nowhere and there might have been a good reason for that. The National Enquirer reports that Britt married the dude to keep him in the country. A month before their secret wedding Simon was arrested due to having an expired Visa.

Simon also has a bad reputation of manipulating young, rich women. He is apparently in debt.

His lawyer said all of the rumors are coming from disgruntled ex-girlfriends. Could those be the same "ex-girlfriends" that he cheated money out of it?

Ok so...this dude is an illegal, con-artist who has a face like a horse ass and is losing his hair? Why did she marry him again? Brittany needs a divorce attorney and a twinkie STAT!

Source: Page S

Wasn't This A Bad Movie With Andie MacDowell?

Filed under: Brittany Murphy

Posted Image

Did Brittany Murphy marry her husband Simon Monjack so his ass wouldn't get deported? I know someone who did that once. This Russian chick paid a guy I knew 5K to be her husband so she could get her green card. It didn't work out. The INS or whatever asks some crazy personal questions. You've been warned.

The National Enquirer reports Monjack was arrested on expired visa charges in the middle of the night on March 27 - just over a month before the couple's rushed marriage. The tabloid also hits the actress' tubby hubby with allegations of bad debts and sleazy business schemes, which sources told Page Six the "Clueless" cutie knew nothing about. Monjack's lawyer told us the charges are being made by "disgruntled ex-girlfriends" and that immigration lawyers concluded the marriage had no bearing on his visa status. Murphy's rep had no comment.

I didn't call him "tubby". Page Six did. I like the pudge. If she did this willingly - it's the greatest love of all. If she was duped, it just adds to my theory that Mrs. Monjack hasn't always been playing with a full deck. Though she was the best makeover in cinematic history. God, I love "Clueless". Whatever, Cher!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted by: J. Harvey

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/24/wasnt_...e_macdowell.php

Brittany Murphy and Factory Girl executive producer and writer Simon Monjack shocked friends and family in April by marrying after only four months of dating. The couple skipped the proposal and honeymoon, exchanging Neil Lane rings in a private L.A. home with only their families present.

But now Murphy’s inner circle is growing concerned about her new man’s history before he swept Murphy, 29, off her feet.

Among his troubles: two warrants for his arrest in Virginia for alleged credit-card theft and fraud; an unpaid $6,087 legal bill, and a $502,910 judgment against him by a British investment firm.

And Us Weekly reports in its new issue that Monjack gave his former fiancée, British film producer Taira Rafiq, an engagement ring he had told her was a diamond but was, in fact, cubic zirconia.

He also was jailed earlier this year for overstaying his tourist visa, and Murphy, 29, had to bail him out. “Simon began pushing for marriage, since he was going to be deported,” says a source, adding that Murphy paid for her own engagement ring.

Monjack tells Us, “It is a real tragedy that success, greed, envy and celebrity are the motivation for attacking my family and character.”

usmagazine.com

The PopWatch Interview: Brittany Murphy

PopWatch Blog

December 29, 2006

Posted Image

Trust us when we say that Brittany Murphy looked far prettier last week -- in skin-tight leggings and a red velvet blazer over a Seinfeldian puffy shirt -- than she does in the first scene of her new film, The Dead Girl (pictured), which also stars Toni Collette, Josh Brolin, James Franco and Marcia Gay Harden. (The film opens Friday in limited release and goes wider on Jan. 12.) At a press junket in Manhattan last Monday, Murphy braved an interview with PopWatch after many, many cups of espresso and nearly 9 hours of talking to journalists about her role as -- you guessed it! -- the dead girl. The 29-year-old was surprisingly spunky as she discussed her dark new film, her kid-friendly cartoon work (including Happy Feet), and her personal Must List:

You must be so tired of talking about The Dead Girl. If you could talk about anything right now, what would it be?

I’m really excited about going home [to New Jersey] for the holidays.

Do you have any New Year’s resolutions?

I never really make solid resolutions. I think if there’s something one needs to change with oneself, it doesn’t have to happen in the New Year. You can do that any time you please -- not that it’s not a good inspirational tactic for the people that it works for.

All right, so this is a bad segue, but The Dead Girl. You take on another self-destructive character, which you do so well. How’d the role come about?

I was asked by Karen Moncrieff, our writer-director extraordinaire, to play the role of Krista, who is the dead girl. I was a huge fan of hers from Blue Car, her first film. It was so raw and real and honest. Her cinematic signature is very specific, and I adore it. Anyway, cut to me reading the script, [which] reads like a psychological thriller, especially "The Stranger," the first vignette of five. I realized that the journey really is the destination. I was so engrossed in these characters that were so layered, so richly written that I didn’t care who did it. Or why. Or any of the things that you wonder while reading a psychological thriller. And I felt as if I was a voyeur, sort of walking through a desolate neighborhood looking into different people’s windows.

Which is sort of a tease, you know, just being able to peek in. The vignettes make you want to know more about those people’s stories.

Exactly. Krista definitely hit a soft spot with me.

Watching it, I realized Krista’s favorite word is F---.

It seems as if she definitely uses the F quite often.

Do you have a favorite curse word or phrase?

Dag nabbit.

Dag nabbit?

I’m not going to cuss in print.

We can use asterisks and question marks.

No. I’m taking the high road. Thanks though for the offer

It’s sort of funny that Dead Girl and Happy Feet are going to be out at the same time.

It’s a bit ironic. I’ve been working on Happy Feet for four and a half years. And I love that film. I’ve had the good fortune of being part of films that were pop culturally very effective. Clueless and 8 Mile both really did leak into the mainstream. But Happy Feet is just a transcendent film. It’s refreshing to know that so many people actually went to the theater to see a film that has such beautiful messages, such as embracing one’s own individuality. It’s the most universal film I’ve ever been able to be a part of. It’s for ages 2 to 202!

I haven’t actually seen it yet. I’m waiting to go home and take my nephew, who’s about to be three.

Oh, he’d love it.

I took him to his first movie this year: Cars. It was so cool to witness a child’s first movie theater experience. He was freaked out by the darkness and then wowed when the movie finally came on.

Yes. I agree. I have little nieces and nephews that... they’re three as well, boy and girl twins that were both dancing on their seats as they were watching it. It’s extraordinary. Those are the important things in life.

You’re also going to be the voice of Tinker Bell, which I think is supposed to come out next year?

That’s true, yes. Tink’s an icon, and Disney decided to give her a voice. They thought anyone that left such a lasting impression on people without ever having spoken a word deserved a movie of her own. So she speaks for the first time in history. We’ve already recorded it, and it explores what Tinker Bell’s life was like when she’s not with Peter Pan and the Lost Boys. She lives in a place called Pixie Hollow, and you meet her fairy friends. It’s really fantastic.

Since we’re on the topic, I thought it would be fun to go down memory lane with a little pop culture from our generation. So I’ll give you a couple of pop culture icons and you pick which you like more.

Go for it, babe.

Cinderella, Little Mermaid, Snow White, or Alice in Wonderland?

Alice.

Saved by the Bell or California Dreams?

Uh, pass. Next question. I take the fifth on that one.

Cabbage Patch Kids or Barbie?

Oh jeez, that’s like Sophie’s Choice. [Laughs] Which would you pick?

Cabbage Patch.

I’m going to have to go with Cabbage Patch as well, because it was so new when I was little. It was so exciting and thrilling. But I have to say that Barbie was always so glamorous to me. I found her very glamorous. So I appreciate them both for different reasons. My first cabbage patch kid’s name was Lindsay.

Hmm, I’m a bad parent. I don’t remember the name of mine. But now that I think back, I do remember one of my friends giving me a black eye with one.

No? From a Cabbage Patch Kid? Oh, because they were plastic. Oh, I’m sorry. Ow.

Okay. So Duran Duran or Depeche Mode?

Duran Duran.

Skittles or Starburst?

Um, long-lasting flavor or... I’m not really a big candy eater.

Weren’t you in a Skittles commercial once?

Skittles was the first job I ever had, so I’d have to represent. Skittles.

I’m blanking. Prom. Did you go? What was the most memorable song to dance to?

I was working during my own personal prom so I went to prom with one of my best friends in the world. And his school was very small and they didn’t dance. It was really weird. No one danced.

Hypothetically, what would your song have been?

Does it have to be a slow song? Because we were friends. Um, something by Tony! Toni! Toné! or TLC or En Vogue. [Laughs]

Okay, back to 2006. Do you have a preference over playing one type of a character over another. There’s the voiceovers, then the romantic comedies, then the self-destructive characters.

I don’t. It definitely has more to do with the material. I was at a point in my life where I was in my mid-20s where I realized that I was spending more hours of the day at work. My job at work is to become other people or let them become me, and if I was going to be [somebody else] more hours of the day than I am myself, I thought it would be a lot healthier to be people that were closer to reality.

Which we hope is as far away from Dead Girl as possible.

Exactly. And it is. And as much as I love the gritty characters, I like to play all sorts of characters. I’m an actor. I love to create.

Is there an actress from any sort of time period that you aspire to be or you look to for inspiration?

I love Clara Bow. She was the original "It girl." The phrase was coined for her. It was the 1920s, when any form of naturalistic acting wasn’t seen on screen before. She really cinematically changed things by showing natural emotions within that heightened reality. She was also a sex symbol at the same time. I love Giulietta Masina, who did a lot of Fellini films. She’s brilliant. And Meryl Streep. And Barbra Streisand. I respect multi-taskers so much. Anyone that has a music career and an acting career I think is pretty fantastic.

What’s on your Must List right now?

I love the Beatles' Anthology, Disc 1. It’s so random, but fabulous. And I’ve been listening to a lot of Radiohead lately. I go through phases of all sorts of different things, and I’ll overplay it. Also, an artist that I love that is not very popular is Rose Murphy. Or maybe she is. She was deemed the Betty Boop of jazz in the 1950s, and her music is incredible.

Have you seen any movies lately that you like?

I haven’t seen movies. I’ve been traveling. I was working in Tokyo. Tokyo’s on my must list. I just spent three months there.

What were you there for?

It’s called The Ramen Girl, and I’m producing it. I had a very incredibly rewarding, just amazing experience. It was a lot of hard work. I love producing. My dream as a producer is to be able to build a company that can be a safe haven for artists, for directors and for writers and actors to do what they do best and let them have final edit. I’d like to build something to that effect.

So first you’re The Dead Girl, and now you’re going to be The Ramen Girl. What girl are you going to play next?

It’s very bizarre. I don’t know yet. I’ll make sure it has "Girl" in it.

What ever happened to the Janis Joplin movie?

The music rights were... yeah, that is not happening.

There are so many biopics in the pipeline, and that one’s been trying to get made for like 30 years.

Yes. The closest they’ve come to making it was The Rose. I was so sad. This was 8 years ago. "Break another little piece of my heart..."

Well, I think that’s about it.

Thank you, sweet one.

Go enjoy your night.

Well I have to work. We have a Q&A for Dead Girl.

Just don’t give them anything you gave me.

Oh yeah, I’m sure the Writers Guild of America is definitely going to ask me whether I prefer Barbie or Cabbage Patch Kids.

That's a really good interview. The interviewer asked alot of diffrerent, not run of the mill questions. :)

Brittany Murphy and Factory Girl executive producer and writer Simon Monjack shocked friends and family in April by marrying after only four months of dating. The couple skipped the proposal and honeymoon, exchanging Neil Lane rings in a private L.A. home with only their families present.

But now Murphy’s inner circle is growing concerned about her new man’s history before he swept Murphy, 29, off her feet.

Among his troubles: two warrants for his arrest in Virginia for alleged credit-card theft and fraud; an unpaid $6,087 legal bill, and a $502,910 judgment against him by a British investment firm.

And Us Weekly reports in its new issue that Monjack gave his former fiancée, British film producer Taira Rafiq, an engagement ring he had told her was a diamond but was, in fact, cubic zirconia.

He also was jailed earlier this year for overstaying his tourist visa, and Murphy, 29, had to bail him out. “Simon began pushing for marriage, since he was going to be deported,” says a source, adding that Murphy paid for her own engagement ring.

Monjack tells Us, “It is a real tragedy that success, greed, envy and celebrity are the motivation for attacking my family and character.”

usmagazine.com

Hopefully she'll get this mistake annulled A.S.A.P.

Is someone trying to harm Brittany Murphy?

A source who used to work for the perky star says she talks darkly of "a high-powered Hollywood player" who is allegedly stalking her.

And when her then-boyfriend, Simon Monjack, disappeared for 10 days in April, Murphy claimed he had been kidnapped by agents of this mysterious figure, says the source.

"When he came back, he had head injuries," says the former insider. "He was pale and sometimes had trouble standing."

Not only that, but the former staffer also claims Murphy said she was unable to pay him because the money had been used for ransom.

However, the alleged kidnapping seems to exactly coincide with the dates reported by The National Enquirer that Monjack, a British citizen, was jailed by U.S. immigration authorities for overstaying his visa.

Monjack, a screenwriter, is not short of enemies. Several anonymous sources have posted unflattering stories on the Internet about his past relationships. On June 13, a man identifying himself as Arturo Globenfeldt posted a message on Monjack's Imdb.com page claiming he owes him $16 million in film investment money. Globenfeldt, whose blog indicates he is in Portugal, did not immediately respond to an e-mail.

A rep for Murphy also did not respond to a request for comment.

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/bwiddicombe/index.html

Is someone trying to harm Brittany Murphy?

A source who used to work for the perky star says she talks darkly of "a high-powered Hollywood player" who is allegedly stalking her.

And when her then-boyfriend, Simon Monjack, disappeared for 10 days in April, Murphy claimed he had been kidnapped by agents of this mysterious figure, says the source.

"When he came back, he had head injuries," says the former insider. "He was pale and sometimes had trouble standing."

Not only that, but the former staffer also claims Murphy said she was unable to pay him because the money had been used for ransom.

However, the alleged kidnapping seems to exactly coincide with the dates reported by The National Enquirer that Monjack, a British citizen, was jailed by U.S. immigration authorities for overstaying his visa.

Monjack, a screenwriter, is not short of enemies. Several anonymous sources have posted unflattering stories on the Internet about his past relationships. On June 13, a man identifying himself as Arturo Globenfeldt posted a message on Monjack's Imdb.com page claiming he owes him $16 million in film investment money. Globenfeldt, whose blog indicates he is in Portugal, did not immediately respond to an e-mail.

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/bwiddicombe/index.html

Oh Brittany. Poor Brittany. But, if Anne Heche can recover her career, anyone can.

Cocaine Makes You Paranoid

Filed under: Brittany Murphy

Posted Image

Brittany Murphy is bonkers. This is a shame, because she's a fairly talented actress when she isn't running around spouting conspiracy theories and claiming her husband was kidnapped and ransomed and marrying said husband even though he has an incredibly shady married-your-ass-for-insurance-money-this-engagement-ring-is-zirconium past. Crazed.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Keep reading for more reasons why you should avoid snorting things OR for an interesting way to avoid having to pay employees if they're dumb enough to believe it.

I have too much respect for her role in "Clueless" to suggest that she actually is in real life. So I'm going to attribute it to the cocaína. Pretty soon she's going to be wandering around her house in a bathrobe and a Speedo, pumping "Jesse's Girl" on the stereo and bellowing with a pistol while her underage Thai ladyboy lights off firecrackers to induce incredible tension in Mark Wahlberg and the audience.

Posted by: J. Harvey

http://socialitelife.com/2007/06/28/cocain...ou_paranoid.php

BRITTANY MURPHY AND HER TROPHY HUSBAND

http://janetcharltonshollywood.com/gossip/...nd_20071008.php

Here's Brtttany Murphy and her bodyguard shopping for cameras at Samy's. Oops - we mean HUSBAND, not bodyguard. This is Simon Monjack, the English screenwriter she married in such a rush. The hasty wedding stirred up gossip about a "green card marriage" and Simon was allegedly linked to bad debts and shady business deals. But they're still together. She's looking as cute as ever, but dare we say he looks like he's let himself GO just a bit?

She has an awesome club hit single that rocks! called "faster Kill Pussycat" I love working out to it. Couldn't believe that it was her singing it! :huh:

Love Is Blind

Posted Image

Brittany Murphy has been married to Simon Monjack for almost 6-months now and I'm surprised. This is one of those marriages that I figured would last like 2-seconds. It was rumored that Brit only married Simon, so he could stay in the country.

Here's Brit and her gorgeous husband at a Motorola party last night. Brittany has never looked better and now I know why she married Bigfoot. She looks like a tiny, cute pixie next to him. Marrying a fug makes you look gorgeous.

http://www.dlisted.com/

Love Is Blind

Here's Brit and her gorgeous husband at a Motorola party last night. Brittany has never looked better and now I know why she married Bigfoot. She looks like a tiny, cute pixie next to him. Marrying a fug makes you look gorgeous.

:D That's some funny sh*t...bigfoot. :D

Fug Love

Posted Image

I really hope Brittany Murphy's love for that beast of a husband is true, because he has effed her up in the looks department. I used to think she was so cute, but ever since she hooked up with that con man she looks two puffs away from looking like a roadside crackhead.

And isn't he broke as a joke? If he was rich, then OK. At least you would get a car, furs, diamonds or whatever for sucking the dick. Whoever said "love is blind" must be Brittany Murphy.

Here's these two crazy fugs in love at various Sundance events this weekend.

Posted Image

Sadly he looks like my good friends boyfriend:( and he is not even a nice guy..

I always get the impression that they are not really married. I really do not know too much about Britany Murphy but I just get that feeling. O well

You Can't Tell, But She's Smiling In This Picture

Posted Image

It's a sad day when a drug like restylane has killed Brittany Murphy's smile. All she's missing is a red nose and a clown hat and the look is complete. Fuck crack! Restylane is whack!

Here's sad clown Brittany at various Fashion Week with her beast of a husband. He always reminds me of Harry from Harry and the Hendersons. Without the big dick of course.

Posted Image

You Can't Tell, But She's Smiling In This Picture

Posted Image

It's a sad day when a drug like restylane has killed Brittany Murphy's smile. All she's missing is a red nose and a clown hat and the look is complete. Fuck crack! Restylane is whack!

Here's sad clown Brittany at various Fashion Week with her beast of a husband. He always reminds me of Harry from Harry and the Hendersons. Without the big dick of course.

Posted Image

She might want to save that photo, it'd make a really good mug shot.

Brittany, It's Time...

Posted Image

It's time to Brittany Murphy to divorce that fug husband of hers. Desperate times call for desperate measures. That man is clearly sucking the cute out of her. What kind of husband won't tell his wife, "Bitch, you have pussy lips!" Brittany needs to hear this. She also needed to be told that her garage sale ensemble isn't cute. Those shoes were definitely fished out of a Salvation Army bin somewhere.

I still love her and if she said to me, "Cher, you're a virgin who can't drive" I would probably drop dead on the spot.

Here's Brit with beast husband at a fashion week event yesterday. Yeah, fashion week.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Murphy Doing Indie 'Across the Hall'

(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) – Brittany Murphy is starring in the indie thriller Across the Hall, which is being directed by Alex Merkin from a screenplay by Jesse Mittelstadt and Julien Schwab. The story, based on Merkin's 2005 short film of the same name, is about a brutal standoff between a young man (Cloverfield's Mike Vogel), his fiancee, and his best friend (The Burning Plan's Danny Pino). Dov Davidoff (Invincible), Brad Greenquist (Shiloh Falls), and Guillermo Diaz (Weeds) have also been cast. Shooting starts this week.

Separately, Hollywood Reporter reports that Murphy is under consideration to replace Lindsay Lohan in the dark comedy Poor Things for director Scott Marshall. Lohan left the project last May when she entered rehab. Shirley MacLaine, Olympia Dukakis, Rosario Dawson, and Channing Tatum are already cast in the movie, which is about two female con artists who befriend and then murder homeless men to collect on their insurance policies. Murphy was also recently cast in Sin City 2. (Hollywood Reporter)

'Hall' of a Bad Time on Set

Posted Image

BRITTANY Murphy is driving the crew on her new movie crazy. Her behavior on the LA set of Across the Hall has gotten increasingly bizarre, according to spies. Murphy has been making outrageous demands while acting "like a diva," said one insider. "She's extremely difficult. When she gets to the set, it comes to a grinding halt. She's so hot and cold, you never know." According to our sources, Murphy insists on having diagonally cut peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with the crusts removed. "She needs one every hour. It's painstaking — her assistant takes about a half an hour making each one," said one crew member. Another issue is Murphy's ever-present oddball husband, Simon Monjack, who lurks around the set and intervenes so much that producers had to call a meeting to discuss how to deal with him. Murphy's rep could not be reached for comment.

That Was Way Harsh, Tai

Posted Image

She's not Tai from "Clueless" anymore. Page Six reports that Brittany Murphy has become a major diva bitch on the set of her new movie and has everyone frustrated. Brittany is currently shooting "Across the Hall" and has been making outrageous demands.

A source said, "She's extremely difficult. When she gets to the set, it comes to a grinding halt. She's so hot and cold, you never know."

The source also said Brit makes assistants remove all the crusts off her diagonally cut peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. "She needs one every hour. It's painstaking - her assistant takes about a half an hour making each one." Her assistant needs to invest in a jar of Smucker's Goober.

Restylane is a hell of a drug. In Brit's defense, diagonally cut sandwiches with the crusts removed is probably the only thing she can fit in her mouth. It takes the assistant 30 minutes to make one, but it probably takes Brit an hour to eat it. She probably has to get her head in the right position and then her assistant kicks the sandwich in. It's not Brit's fault! Blame the Restylane!