Maxiemom

Lindsay Lohan still broke and a mess

I would not be surprised if she "acts up" and is 5150ed by the end of the weekend.

I agree. I can't imagine her going to jail on her own accord, which opens up a whole slew of really salacious possibilities for getting her into custody. Maxie, do you know if a 5150 will allow her to go to a hospital rather than jail?

I would not be surprised if she "acts up" and is 5150ed by the end of the weekend.

I agree. I can't imagine her going to jail on her own accord, which opens up a whole slew of really salacious possibilities for getting her into custody. Maxie, do you know if a 5150 will allow her to go to a hospital rather than jail?

I'm not sure. It's an unusually slow day at work so I may just have to look in to that. :D

Typically they have people do rehab before doing the jail time so there isn't a problem with withdrawls or whatever in jail, I'm surprised that the lawyer or shrink hasn't suggested this yet....

For her or her lawyer to request rehab prior to jail means they'd have to admit she has a problem - and Lohan (despite 2? prior rehab visits) won't admit she has a problem......So she'll blame it on panic attacks or - what's the fear of being alone, other than extreme ego?

LOL, yeah I see your point. But I know a lot of people have "faked" having a problem so they spend more time in rehab than jail (although of course they did really have a problem, just lying to themselves but thought they could fake way thru rehab instead of doing jail time). I thought for sure she'd go this route.

LOL, yeah I see your point. But I know a lot of people have "faked" having a problem so they spend more time in rehab than jail (although of course they did really have a problem, just lying to themselves but thought they could fake way thru rehab instead of doing jail time). I thought for sure she'd go this route.

She's still got 6 days. Don't write her off just yet.

Posted Image

Lindsay Lohan Turns to Self-Help Book for Advice

By David Caplan

Tuesday July 13, 2010 02:20 PM EDT

people.com

Lindsay Lohan needs all the advice she can get.

As the star gets ready to serve time behind bars – she has until July 20 to surrender to authorities – she's turning to self-help books to assist in turning her life around.

Her first must-read: Toxic Friends: The Antidote for Women Stuck in Complicated Friendships by Susan Shapiro Barash, a gender studies teacher at New York City's Marymount Manhattan College.

Lohan, 24, was spotted carrying the book in L.A. Sunday night, just hours before she and her ex-girlfriend Samantha Ronson met up.

"A friend recommended the book to Lindsay to help her get through the these tough times, and for her to appreciate who her real friends are," says a source, adding that even though Lohan was spotted with the book before meeting Ronson, the actress doesn't consider her famous deejay ex a bad influence.

While Lohan is juggling her legal woes, she's focused on improving her quality of life – particularly her social circle. "Lindsay's cleansing herself of all the toxic influences in her life," says the source.

And one way she's doing that is reading the book, which helps people "figure out which [friends] you should keep and which ones you should rid yourself of," adds the source.

Sam Ronsen always seemed like a loser/ hanger on to me, but Ted Casablanca says that she's actually a steadying, healthy influence in Lindsey's life... so, I guess she's not one of the many, many "Toxic" friends/family

And one way she's doing that is reading the book, which helps people "figure out which [friends] you should keep and which ones you should rid yourself of," adds the source.

It's going to be a bitch for her to get rid of her mother.

Sorry, but Lohan does not read. It reminds me of when Paris emerged from jail clutching a bible.

BINGO!

I think the Lohan's in general and Ronson are enjoying their 15 minutes which they have managed to extend. The general public will get tired of them when Lindsay doesn't do Jail time. I don't believe Lindsay will do more then an hour or two. After that, no one will care. If she can actually stay in jail for an entire 90 days (hopefully Lindsay could get into a chick fight with Ronson outside the jail telling everyone on the inside she will kick their asses to hell and back, all the while proclaiming her love).

so to bottom line it:

Jail time (90 days), mucho tabloid drama with hopefully a Ronson-Lohan Kiss just before she goes in.

No jail time and people will be saying "Lindsay who?"

Edited by alpierce

Lindsay hires 'Dream Team' attorney Robert Shapiro

Troubled actress Lindsay Lohan has reportedly hired a new lawyer, former O.J. Attorney Robert Shapiro.

The celebrity website TMZ is reporting that Shapiro will try to convince Judge Marsha Revel to put Lohan in a rehab facility and either eliminate or minimize jail.

Shapiro, who was part of Simpson's so called "Dream Team," is familiar with substance abuse.

His son Brent died of a drug overdose in 2005

The attorney will reportedly suggest that Lohan does her time at The Brent Shapiro Foundation, according to TMZ..

Shapiro created the live-in rehab facility to help people deal with drug and alcohol problems.

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-lind...,0,110786.story

Lindsay hires 'Dream Team' attorney Robert Shapiro

Troubled actress Lindsay Lohan has reportedly hired a new lawyer, former O.J. Attorney Robert Shapiro.

The celebrity website TMZ is reporting that Shapiro will try to convince Judge Marsha Revel to put Lohan in a rehab facility and either eliminate or minimize jail.

Shapiro, who was part of Simpson's so called "Dream Team," is familiar with substance abuse.

His son Brent died of a drug overdose in 2005

The attorney will reportedly suggest that Lohan does her time at The Brent Shapiro Foundation, according to TMZ..

Shapiro created the live-in rehab facility to help people deal with drug and alcohol problems.

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-lind...,0,110786.story

Um, conflict of interest????

Per TMZ - Lill has checked herself into a sober living house. Whatever that is - doesn't sound like rehab. She's really trying to get out of jail. I will be so pissed if she gets off with no time. She needs to learn that she can't just play the system and that she's not so f-ing special!

Lindsay Lohan Checks Herself In

52 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lindsay Lohan is apparently trying to blunt her 90 day jail sentence by moving in to a sober living house.

Lohan was spotted entering a facility in West Hollywood yesterday afternoon. Lohan's mother, sister and Sam Ronson were seen at the facility later that day.

As we first reported, attorney Robert Shapiro has been hired to help Lindsay either reduce or eliminate her jail sentence.

TMZ broke the story ... Shapiro is trying to push rehab immediately hoping it will satisfy Judge Marsha Revel.

Part of Lindsay's sentence was to check into rehab for 90 days after serving the jail time, but this appears to be an example of putting the cart before the horse.

I don't think the judge is going to take kindly to LL checking herself into this sober living house that LL has picked out, that hasn't been vetted by the court doctors, especially when she ordered that the rehab take place after the jail time. To me, this is just another slap in the face to the judge, because LL still thinks she can make the rules without regard to what the judge has ordered.

Pshhh! Sober living is a GREAT place to get drugs. I feel sorry for the people living there who are taking their recovery seriously, because there is no question she will not follow the curfews, housework, guest limitation, etc rules.

Lindsay Lohan is apparently trying to blunt her 90 day jail sentence by moving in to a sober living house.

Umm... hello stupid. This is what you should have done BEFORE the court date where you got the sentence. If the judge thought you were actually trying, she wouldn't have given you the 90 days in jail. Little late for this trick now...

She really had no idea she was going to get in trouble when she showed up in that courtroom....

Lindsay Lohan Strikes Back At Joan Rivers

First Posted: 07-14-10 09:28 AM |

Lindsay Lohan has taken to Twitter to fight back against Joan Rivers, who last week tweeted a series of jokes about her alcohol problems and jail time ("I was just reading about the new Lindsay Lohan diet, which is all liquid. 80 proof").

"Joan Rivers and her 'stargument' make me believe that she and Michael Lohan are a match made in heaven," Lindsay tweeted on Tuesday. Lindsay's dad, Michael, is already engaged to Kate Major, Jon Gosselin's ex.

"In the words of 50 cent, You shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw, you should watch yo mouth," she continued. "All he needs is her botox doctor. 'Dr.' Drew - any ideas? Botox rehab reality show?"

"Thanks @lindsaylohan sounds like a terrific plan! Actually happy to see you have retained your sense of humor despite your circumstances," Dr. Drew responded.

Lindsay's ex-girlfriend Sam Ronson rushed to her defense last week, tweeting, "Hey Joan Rivers, You have collagen older than Lindsay, pick on someone your own age, oh wait I guess people that old can't hear."

On Tuesday Joan defended her Lindsay Lohan jokes to 'The Insider' and took a dig at 'skanky' Sam.

"I think this ex-girlfriend, this deejay -- I thought it was a skinny boy when I first saw the picture -- came out doing jokes about me and Melissa. Why not worry about Lindsay Lohan? That girl is going to be dead in 10 years if somebody doesn't take care of her," Joan said. "The jokes, my God, were so minor. One was: She is not used to being in front of the bar; she is used to being under the bar. Silly little jokes that I put in my Twitter all the time. I suggest that this skanky little girl not worry about the jokes; worry about Lindsay. I find this insane that they are all feeding off of Lindsay. Maybe somebody should take care of Lindsay."

Why not worry about Lindsay Lohan? That girl is going to be dead in 10 years if somebody doesn't take care of her," Joan said. "The jokes, my God, were so minor. One was: She is not used to being in front of the bar; she is used to being under the bar. Silly little jokes that I put in my Twitter all the time. I suggest that this skanky little girl not worry about the jokes; worry about Lindsay. I find this insane that they are all feeding off of Lindsay. Maybe somebody should take care of Lindsay."

:banana:

Joan Rivers has always done this kind of comedy, maybe they're just too young to know that :D

Why not worry about Lindsay Lohan? That girl is going to be dead in 10 years if somebody doesn't take care of her," Joan said. "The jokes, my God, were so minor. One was: She is not used to being in front of the bar; she is used to being under the bar. Silly little jokes that I put in my Twitter all the time. I suggest that this skanky little girl not worry about the jokes; worry about Lindsay. I find this insane that they are all feeding off of Lindsay. Maybe somebody should take care of Lindsay."

:banana:

Joan Rivers has always done this kind of comedy, maybe they're just too young to know that :D

More importantly, Joan has a point about somebody taking care of Lindsay rather than feeding off of her.