princess

Julia Roberts

I think she is being payed $35,000 a week? Something like that.The money they make is frightening considering there's such abject poverty in the world. Sports people are the same.Definitely don't dislike Julia and her play seems to be going well. I just think actors/actresses in general get paid overmuch and Julia is not even top whack on the A List anymore.

They aren't the only ones who make a disgusting amount of money. I heard some top guy who was retiring from, I think it was Mobile, is getting a retirement package of 400 million. :rolleyes: -_-

TV Guide.comOprah Comforts Julia over Stage Reviews Man, it's gotta be bad when none other than Oprah Winfrey comes calling. Per the New York Daily News, the talk queen and counselor to millions dropped by Julia Roberts' NYC digs the day after the actress' Broadway debut in Three Days of Rain to offer words of encouragement. Winfrey is said to have been accompanied by best gal pal Gayle King for what the source tells the paper was an A-list "pity party" over Roberts' mixed reviews. Remember, nothing says "Keep a stiff upper lip" like a free Pontiac G6.

PATRICIA Clarkson was conspicuously absent from the opening night for "Three Days of Rain" - because she was disinvited, Broadway sources say. Clarkson originated the role in the Richard Greenberg drama now played by Julia Roberts. Unlike Roberts, Clarkson won rave reviews. She had planned to attend the opening last week until she got a call from director Joe Mantello, asking her to stay away. "They were worried there would be unflattering comparisons," said a source. Greenberg was said to be upset when he learned about Clarkson's ouster.pagesix

people.comJulia Roberts played matchmaker on Thursday night's Late Show – suggesting that David Letterman's 2-year-old son, Harry, hook up with her 17-month-old daughter. "He'd be perfect for Hazel," said the Erin Brockovich Oscar winner, who has been named one of PEOPLE's "Most Beautiful People" 10 times. "Harry and Hazel. Isn't that cute?" After confessing how labor intensive it is to cope with one child, Letterman suggested to Roberts that having two – Hazel's twin brother is Phinnaeus – must be "psycho." Replied Roberts: "You know how some things are so ugly they become beautiful again? This is so psycho it's fantastic." Describing her children and their similarities and differences, Roberts said, "They seem to really love each other. … He's sort of very boyish and masculine. He has red hair and big green eyes. And she's very girlish and has very blonde hair and blue eyes. He likes blueberries. She likes her daddy." That would be cameraman Danny Moder, whom Roberts, now 38, wed in July 2002. Studiously avoided was any discussion of the critical reaction to the Broadway play in which Roberts now stars, Three Days of Rain – reviews for which were mainly negative. She did chide Letterman for not coming to her April 19 opening, however, especially since the theater is "only eight blocks away" – and since Oprah Winfrey managed to fly all the way in from Chicago for the premiere. "You got my note about the rash?" Letterman joked. Still, she said of being on stage, "It's thrilling. It's my dream come to life, my professional dream." Once the curtain comes down for good on the drama June 18, Roberts says she'll be back before the cameras to star with Tom Hanks and possibly Philip Seymour Hoffman for director Mike Nichols in an adaptation of the book Charlie Wilson's War, about a Texas congressman's covert dealings in Afghanistan. As for Letterman's future, Roberts asked, "Have you got married yet to Harry's mom (Regina Lasko)?" Once he regained his composure, a still-ruffled Letterman joked: "The paperwork is still at the courthouse. … It'll happen when a day opens up on the calendar."

MAKEUP SWITCHJULIA Roberts may have been dropped as the face of Christian Dior makeup, as Page Six reported last month, but the former "Pretty Woman" will still be the face of something. According to Us Weekly, Roberts is about to sign on as the spokeswoman for more downmarket Avon - for a whopping $2 million-$4 million a year. Roberts will join Salma Hayek (who earns a measly $1 million- $2 million a year) in representing the company

This woman is so "fugly"-JMO  :)

ITA, abomb. I used to think she was so cute back in the "Mystic Pizza" days, but the wear and tear of believing her own press :rolleyes: has apparently taken its toll on her looks. Bleech.

:blink: Its not a good sign that she got dumped. Even Kate Moss, who had that very public drug scandal got re-picked up by a number of company's.

:blink: Its not a good sign that she got dumped. Even Kate Moss, who had that very public drug scandal got re-picked up by a number of company's.

She wasn't dumped - she never was.Apparently someone dropped her name more than once when Dior was looking for a new face for a 2007 campaign, but she was never signed.

PRETTY IN PINK

It's a girls' day out for Julia Roberts and her 19-month-old mini-me, Hazel, when the twosome step out near their home in Taos, New Mexico, recently.

Posted Image

Julia Roberts, Green Queen

by Natalie Finn

Jul 20, 2006, 5:50 PM PT

Julia Roberts is trying to make it easier for Daryl Hannah to fuel up.

Dallas-based biodiesel producer Earth Biofuels announced that Roberts will serve as a spokeswoman and chair the company's new advisory board, aiding the organization's quest to promote its environmentally friendly alternative fuel.

(Hannah is a longtime fan of the oil and fats-based product, which she uses to power her pickup truck. Fresh soybean oil is the most common base component.)

"It's very important that we expand our use of clean energy and make a long-term commitment to it," Roberts said in a statement, perhaps thinking of harmful effects pollution may have on her 20-month-old twins, Hazel Patricia and Phinnaeus Walter, in the future. "Biodiesel and ethanol are better for the environment and for the air we breathe."

The Oscar winner recently played a wood nymph, leafy crown and all, alongside George Clooney, Al Gore and Robert F. Kennedy Jr. on the cover of Vanity Fair's first-ever Green issue, which profiled various stars' efforts to promote environmental awareness.

Earth Biofuels said that Roberts will work with the company on a campaign to encourage the use of biodiesel in school buses nationwide.

Morgan Freeman and Willie Nelson also sit on the board of directors of Earth Biofuels and promote the use of renewable fuels.

In honor of Earth Day (or maybe it was just a coincidence), Roberts made her Broadway debut in April in Three Days of Rain. Despite mixed--well, mostly bad--reviews from critics, the Pretty Woman packed 'em in, playing to a sold-out house for 12 weeks.

Although she won't be joining Clooney and crew for Ocean's Thirteen this summer, Roberts is a member of a different type of tenacious gang in her upcoming film The Ant Bully, which comes out July 28. The Erin Brockovich star voices an ant named Hova in the animated film about a boy who terrorizes the ants in his yard but learns a thing or two when he's shrunken down to their size and forced to pull hard labor. Meryl Streep and Nicolas Cage also star.

ON A MISSION

Julia Roberts, who is sitting out filming Ocean's Thirteen this time around, uses her downtime to run errands near Venice Beach on Sunday.

Posted Image

Julia Likes Being Dirty

Sat, 08/05/2006 - 2:09pm

Julia Roberts has said, "One of the tricks I've learned over the years is that I can milk a great style to the last possible second. "Honestly, after he does my hair, I won't do anything to it for - wait for it - two weeks. "My hair doesn't get greasy very fast, so I can go a good ten days without washing it." Although she doesn't look like she had her hair done prior to these shots, she clearly went without the shower. That's OK though, it's kind of nice to see a celebrity being just like us grocery shopping with her list.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://popsugar.com/node/16872?sidcheck=1&idcheck=1

^^ My eyes! My eyes!!! They're buuuurrrrning....ahhhhh!

Where is that hot poker that was being passed around not too long ago?

She looks terrible, but I do enjoy a celeb who looks like she doesn't give a sh&t about her appearance once in a while. Even if I were famous, I certainly wouldn't dress up to go grocery shopping.

SCENT OF JULIA

Page Six

September 5, 2006 -- JULIA Roberts has an aroma all her own. Rupert Everett, who co-starred with her in "My Best Friend's Wedding," says, "Julia smelt vaguely of sweat, which I thought was very sexy." In his upcoming autobiography, "Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins," excerpted in London's Daily Mail, the openly gay actor adds, "There is a male quality to the female superstar. There has to be. If a girl is going to survive in Hollywood . . . Flocks of executive seagulls will try to take her and drop her onto the rocks. She must learn to [bleep] them before they [bleep] her if she is to survive, so she becomes a kind of she-man, a beautiful woman with invisible balls."

SUNNY DELIGHT

Julia Roberts soaks up the rays as she and husband Danny Moder (not pictured) head out to a meeting Tuesday in Los Angeles.

Posted Image

She must learn to [bleep] them before they [bleep] her if she is to survive, so she becomes a kind of she-man, a beautiful woman with invisible balls."

Some would say they are not so invisible.

Note to self: go out an buy Rupert's book.

MAN OF THE HOUR

Julia Roberts gets a close-up with George Clooney at the 21st Annual American Cinematheque Award Gala in Beverly Hills on Friday, where the actress honored her friend and Ocean's Eleven costar. "It really doesn't get much better than this," an elated Clooney told PEOPLE backstage.

Posted Image